Review of OmniTechSupport

Tel: 1-800-966-9940
support@omnitechsupport.com

dianem159
12/21/17

I filed a dispute for no service with my credit card company. Their process is not to contact the vendor but to contact the bank that vendor used. Two months are allowed for the vendor's bank's response. No reply was received so my entire purchase was refunded. In the interim I had contacted another tech company and was told that Omni had gone out of business.

donm169
12/12/17

Omnitech has FAILED to respond to paid contract for 2 months!!!! I have them for a years service & been completely shut off from any response to phone calls or Emails.

johns2492
11/8/17

I CALL OFFICE DURING BUISNESS HRS @ THEY ARE CLOSE ,I TRY TO GO ON LINE @ THEY ARE CLOSE I PAID FOR SERVICES UNTIL 2019 DECEMBER I NEED SERVICE NOV NOVENBER 2 2017

mistyw9
8/5/16

My browser was constantly being hijacked. Eventually it froze with a flashing pop up "from google" saying it had a virus and to call omnitech. I called. They told me that I had a polymorphic virus disguised as Windows and hackers had access to all my private information so severe that I could use another computer, log into anything and that computer would remember all my personal info, as well as download a virus. Would cost me over $300 for the fix(lie). I paid and gave them access. They downloaded a pop-up blocker, and several things that made my Antivirus software flip out, which they then disabled. Constant computer problems, 3 months in I found out what a polymorphic virus(they lied), found out they could not diagnose that over the phone(lied), found out they had a one time fix fee for $90, (lied). Demanded a refund because they lied to me to get my business, we settled on refund for the service I hadn't received yet. They refunded my money. Sold the computer to a friend, watched them format it completely. 2 years later I'm STILL getting calls 2-3X a week from omnitech, omnitech claiming to be Google, omnitech claiming to be Microsoft. And people who won't tell me who they are. All from different numbers, including one guy who said I was a $#*!ing liar and hung up on me because I told him the person I sold it to formatted it. For the first year I just repeatedly told them I was no longer a customer, was disgruntled and to please stop calling. The harassment and sudden aggression of these people has got so bad Now I can't answer my phone at all. I screen every call I have, and yes, they've even hijacked numbers and called me from numbers I know.

filf
12/20/15

After 3 hours they told me the computer was fixed and I need a Microsoft program to protect my computer and wanted to charge me over $400 for it, I checked wit Microsoft - no such program. Told me if I wasn't happy I could get my money back. Their fix resulted in my not being able to restart my computer (of course then I couldn't contact them). Spent over $300 to get it fixed. I have been called multiple times saying they needed access my computer to refund my money directly to my bank account - - after previous experiences I said no access, I told them just to send the money. I have reported them to local, state, and fedral scam sqauds who indicated they have numerous reports concerning them.

virginiam21
11/1/15

Two weeks ago I required help to correct a msg on my computer which kept popping up. After many attempts it was finally removed but then "Ace," the tech who was helping me tried to sell me an extension of my contract. I said I would have to think it over and Ace said it was only good for that offer. When I did not accept he became very abrupt and did not respond to my second request and hung up. That certainly was the wrong way to treat a customer. Virginia M

ald364
10/28/15

I HAVE HAD MY 4 PCS (IN RANDOM LOCATIONS) WITH OMNITECH SUPPORT. AND I HAVE HAD MANY ISSUES THAT OMNITECH HAS RESOLVED. WHAT I HAVE EXPERIENCED OVER 3 YEARS IS THAT AT LEAST 6 CALLS FROM HACKERS POSING AS OMNITECH. THE PHONE NUMBER IS NOT AN OMNITECH ONE.I ASK FOR MY CONTRACT NUMBER WHICH THEY TRY TO BYPASS. THEY INSIST ON BEING LEGIT BUT CANNOT GIVE ME THE CORRECT SUPPORT NUMBER OR ANYTHING TO PROVE THEMSELVES. THE COMPLAINTS I SEE IN THESE E-MAILS POINT DIRECTLY TO THE HACKERS AND ARE NOT OMNITECH TECHS. YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED PEOPLE. I ALMOST GOT CAUGHT ON THE FIRST CALL.
ALPHA DELTA AT DENKOAL@HOTMAIL.COM

wadem29
7/30/15

any scams with omnitech tech IT... they fixed my computer... paid for a year of support, they asked twice if I do banking on my computer I don't.... 4 months later I phoned for more support and never answered phone and never answered my window on the computer for help on the trouble shooting..( let the phone ring over 50 times, twice, left the window open for 24 hrs hoping someone would get back to me).they phoned me last week and tried telling me my computer was being hacked... I said I called and tried to get a hold of Omni when I needed support and u guys would not respond, tell me why I should believe you and he told me to f*ck off and started laughing.. don't think they are a real company,,, now im constantly getting junk mail from Africa telling me I have inheritance and money coming etc etc.. all just bull crap.. so are they a real company or scammers?

kevint45
4/16/15

I got a pop up saying to contact them for an infection.I paid them 220.00 to get rid of this.my computer continued to run slow and had to call back several times.After 6 months they called me advising that my computer had been hacked.They wanted to sell me a anti-hack program. Never let them access your computer. I had to contact Microsoft to get rid of their spyware.

andrewl55
3/10/15

This is a quote they give every negative review

"That's why we have earned and maintained an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, which tells about our success story and trustworthy service at any point of time."

BBB assigns ratings from A+ (highest) to F (lowest). In some cases, BBB will not rate the business (indicated by an NR, or "No Rating") for reasons that include insufficient information about a business or ongoing review/update of the business's file.

OmniTechSupport has No Rating on the BBB website.

josepha35
12/15/14

I did use OmniTech and they did fix my computer as asked to do. It did cost me an arm and leg then about 5 or 6 months later I started getting calls telling me they were getting warnings about hackers getting in my computer and wanted me to buy a service plan . The plan they wanted to sell me was a lifetime service. I have no complaint other than getting calls from the tech, but here is my problem how and why are they monitoring my computer and can they see all I am doing? They wanted me to go to CVS and buy a Red dot thing to pay them. this sounds sketchy to me. Joseph Acosta

Response from OmniTech S., OmniTechSupport Representative
Mr. Acosta is a former customer of ours and he was unfortunately contacted by a scammer posing as OmniTech Support not us. We have not had contact with him since September 04, 2014, but it is obvious that scammers posing as OmniTech Support have. Legitimate companies like us write refund checks or issue electronic credits to our customers' banks. We do not use such Red Dot, Green Dot Money Pak, or XOOM payment systems, we used a reputed & secured payment system.

OmniTech Support did not contact Mr. Acosta after September 04, 2014 when he contacted us last time, initially with an issue: "Virus removal". He paid
$249.99 and signed up for the 6 months service plan, plan is active through March 03, 2015.

It wasn't OmniTech Support who called Mr. Acosta. We would like to make one thing clear. We at OmniTech Support, do not call anyone outbound, unless they are an existing customer and we are trying to reconnect their computer, or they are an existing customer that has a plan that is expiring, which we call once, or twice if they do not answer. That is it. In fact we send an email out to our customers that we will never contact them that there is something wrong with their computer and if someone does then you can know that they are scammers

It's a numbers game for these scammers. In this instance, they are just guessing you are an actual OmniTech Support customer. Even if they are right only 5% of the time, it pays out for them, as their calls are typically cost-free Skype calls. That's why you will see they are calling from an unlisted number. Please understand that no one can diagnose, there is something specifically wrong with your computer unless they have direct physical or customer-granted remote access to it. Mr. Acosta and others who receive these calls should try and note the caller ID (If available) and the time of the call and report it to the Federal Trade Commission.

Legitimate tech support companies accept major credit cards and, in the case of OmniTech Support, we don't even see the credit card information, as our customers use a secure third-party payment gateway. We only see who has paid and how much they have paid.

To educate our customers, in fact, we sent an email out informing that we will NEVER contact them stating there is something wrong with their computer and if someone does, then you can know that they are scammers. OmniTech Support is a trustworthy company that always tries to meet our customers'
needs and we seek to resolve any issue or confusion quickly.
joes451
12/12/14

Yeah they did the same thing to my brother, he is elderly a retired vet. just got out of the hospital a week ago after being in for over 70 days, and just wanted to reset his hotmail password. He is currently staying at my home till he gets back on his feet. He was using my computer, they mislead him, he was using my computer which he told them and their tech downloaded a program so they count take control of it. Took me a while get the program off but i finally did. I was out of the home at the time but when I got home I saw what was going on. Found out they got him to sign up for a tech support program for $250 on my computer, Now im having to check it for programs and virusis they may have put on it. I feel they took advantage of his lack of computer knowledge. I was able to talk to the so called supervisor he assured me they would refund his money which he needs very much, but so far they haven't. OMNI TECH SUPPORT ARE VERY DISHONEST PEOPLE

Tip for consumers: MY TIP IS DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CARD NUMBER EVER!!!!

Response from OmniTech S., OmniTechSupport Representative
In this instance, the complainer hasn't revealed any details with which we can use to determine if this person is actually our customer in the first place, or a competitor who cannot match our quality and pricing who is trying to malign us. We are not scamming anyone. We invite this person to provide some more details like his/her email address and on what date he/she came in to us for help. If the customer can re-contact us, then we can research his/her concern. In that way, we can fill him/her in on what the issue was. If his/her issue has not been resolved, we would be happy to continue work on the issue until it is resolved and to provide a full refund if it cannot be resolved. To get a refund, just the customer needs to send an email at support@omnitechsupport.com or to call us at 'Toll free number'
1-800-966-9940. We are here to help you and would be happy to settle the issue.

Generally, our technician runs a free diagnosis on the customer's computer to uncover the root of the problem as initial troubleshooting step. Some issues are obvious, such a help being needed in setting up a home network, but in others, the diagnosis may uncover registry errors or malicious software. We cannot create any "fake" errors, as we are using a respected 3rd-party diagnostic tool. Later our technician might convey the customer about the scanned results and possible errors on the computer after the hackers left some traces. We don't charge anyone $199.99 just to reset the Hotmail password. This is what we charge for subscription services, so along with the issue fix, we offered other services like, fine tuning of the computer or 6 months of tech support andcloud back up as add-on. However, we are not in a position to comment anything here. As always, we are here to assist people who truly need our experienced technician's help regarding their any software related-issues at any time, day or night. That's why we have earned and maintained an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, which tells about our success story and trustworthy service at any point of time.
donaldk12
11/20/14

Frank was able to restore my computer to its normal working mode

kikis2
11/10/14

These people should be ASHAMED of themselves.... we simply wanted our Hotmail password reset and they asked for access to our laptop and were told, after wasting a LOT of our precious time, informed us and LIED to us that some awful hackers had compromised our system (a lie) and that is would take MANY hours of IT work to fix a PASSWORD ISSUE .....!?!
Are they totally bonkers? BTW, all the "positive" reviews are total BS. They are probably making money from people who know NOthing about the realities of how computers work and what truly needs technical support. A new password reset does not entail $199.99 worth of tech support. Utter nonsense. I had to contact the REAL Microsoft Support, who charged me ZERO dollars and ZERO cents, and they were able to assist me in running two very deep security scans to clean and heal any and all virus' from this scam company. STAY AWAAAAAAY from them!!!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAAAAAAY from them!!!!!!!!!

Response from OmniTech S., OmniTechSupport Representative
In this instance, the complainer hasn’t revealed any details with which we can use to determine if this person is actually our customer in the first place, or a competitor who cannot match our quality and pricing who is trying to malign us. We are not scamming anyone. We invite this person to provide some more details like his/her email address and on what date he/she came in to us for help. If the customer can re-contact us, then we can research his/her concern. In that way, we can fill him/her in on what the issue was. If his/her issue has not been resolved, we would be happy to continue work on the issue until it is resolved and to provide a full refund if it cannot be resolved. To get a refund, just the customer needs to send an email at support@omnitechsupport.com or to call us at 'Toll free number' 1-800-966-9940. We are here to help you and would be happy to settle the issue.

Generally, our technician runs a free diagnosis on the customer’s computer to uncover the root of the problem as initial troubleshooting step. Some issues are obvious, such a help being needed in setting up a home network, but in others, the diagnosis may uncover registry errors or malicious software. We cannot create any “fake” errors, as we are using a respected 3rd-party diagnostic tool. Later our technician might convey the customer about the scanned results and possible errors on the computer after the hackers left some traces.

By the way, we don’t charge anyone $199.99 to reset a Hotmail password. That’s nonsense; for $199.99, which is a discounted price, along with the issue fix, she would have received a full version of Bit Defender anti-virus, a full version of Advanced System Optimizer, monthly fine-tuning of her computer, 5 GB of Cloud storage and UNLIMITED tech support.

However, we are not in a position to comment anything here. As always, we are here to assist people who truly need our experienced technician’s help regarding their any software related-issues at any time, day or night. That’s why we have earned and maintained an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, which tells about our success story and trustworthy service at any point of time.
lawrencel11
11/9/14

Frank was able to assist me and fix my computer.

tyroneh14
11/8/14

I would like to mention the outstanding service I received from Omnitech administrators and technicians. They were very professional and caring for my problems. I would especially like to thank the wonderful woman Porshe who showed me the error of my ways(private joke). Omnitech also gave me an additional 30 days of support.

patriciag23
11/2/14

Frank was able to fix my computer problems.

annel30
11/1/14

Frank could not have been more understanding and helpful. Also patient.

evelynr3
10/25/14

Not be computer savvy I needed help recover my password so I didn't online chat and found people who were not disable but very willing and patient to help me succeed and recovering my password kudos to you all

Tip for consumers: Just let them know what you want

arthurc33
10/18/14

Frank was able to help me . " fast service"

annies30
10/12/14

Frank V has been absolutely wonderful, patient in handling my very complex computer problems. Thanks so much, Annie

lindac68
10/11/14

Anthony did an awesome job cleaning up my computer. My e-mail was not working and apparently I had a lot of spyware/malware on my computer. He helped get rid of it and I can see my e-mail unencumbered from code!!!

jackieb22
10/9/14

Anthony helped me fix my BigFishGame error problem.

robh30
9/25/14

Fortunately, I did not pay anything, just managed to watch their tech "Jerry" click randomly on my mac screen, run no tests, and then tell me that they could fix everythig for $250. Total BS, actually. I was referred to their number by Comcast of all people, because they were assuming that I had a problem with using an Outlook client to manage a Comcast email account.

I could say a lot here if I wished to detail the experience, but I called them because it was recommended by Comcast. Their operator stated that it was a free service, so I figured it was contracted with comcast to provid additional service... a charitable thought. As it was, they spewed what they thought was "alarming" double-talk, about having a "bug" in my config file for Outlook that could "spread" to other config files and ruin my machine.

Well, I'm a computer engineer, just not an Outlook expert, and I could smell a rat fairly easily. When I told them I was NOT going to purchase help, they actually got mad and terminated the session, saying "Why did you call us and waste our time?". Interesting.

For the record, my issue was that the email server of a person to whom I had sent an email had rejected it for being too large, and then proceeded to send about 6-8 "Mailer Daemon" responses every minute for about a day. It was NOT Outlook attempting to re-send it, and NOT Comcast. So ACTUALLY THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY MACHINE.

These guys smell blood when they think a person is not technically savvy, and I hate to think how many people they have taken to the cleaners. Scammers.

Tip for consumers: Google your problem first! Ask a tech friend. Try anything, but don't pay these sharks. They're hoping to fool unsuspecting non-technical people into paying lots of money for services they don't need.

Response from OmniTech S., OmniTechSupport Representative
This complaint is without merit and is also very inaccurate. Customers need to understand that Comcast doesn’t redirect their customers to OmniTech Support, nor does Microsoft, Dell, or McAfee and so on! Plus, we are not computer or software warranty support, or help for one’s Internet service provider. We are not FREE tech support organization. OmniTech Support is a fee-based, large and reputable online technical support organization, having thousands of satisfied customers. Our service charges are clearly upfront mentioned in our website. We offer Yearly, Half-yearly and Quarterly service plan which are economical, beneficial and work out for everyone in most of cases. Apart from these service plans we have per issue fix plan and if customer doesn’t wish to subscribe for Yearly or Half-Yearly plan then he can go with per issue fix plan. The service charges for single issue fix will be dependent on the issue’s complexity. Our technician takes remote access only with prior permission of the customer and the customer will have the full control to override any action while remote session is going on. The customer can watch all steps performed by our technician. Once, remote access is disconnected; we cannot re-establish the remote connection without the customer’s assistance & permission.

Generally, in initial stage our technician diagnoses the issue by performing very basic steps on the customer’s computer to uncover the root of the problem. Some issues are obvious, such as help being needed in setting up a home network, but in others, the diagnosis may uncover registry errors or malicious software. Accordingly, after diagnosing the issue our technician offered him a service plan at $199.99 where he would get 6 months UNLIMITED tech support for resolving any software issues, regularly-scheduled fine tuning of his system, plus the current issue resolution. However, the customer didn’t agree and ended the session. He wanted support for free.

Some people simply do not understand the process of tech support and their complaints are witness to that. This person didn’t pay us anything. We do not scam or rip our customers off. We provide quality, affordable technical support, and always try to provide the best services to our customers. That’s why we have earned and maintained an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
dinov7
9/21/14

Frank V , was great .... Thank you

never had this problem in the three years I have used them.

By Mike K.

I paid in U.S. dollars

By Mike K.

Questions? Get answers from the OmniTechSupport staff and other customers.

6 Photos for OmniTechSupport