Asurion

Asurion has a consumer rating of 1.03 stars from 120 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Asurion also ranks 130th among Tech Support sites. The most common issues with Asurion are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 0.9%

No positive highlights yet

• A monthly fee, then 275.00 Charge and a threat of 300.00 if old phone is not returned.
  • Customer service is in Philippine, trying to talk to a supervisor or manager is a joke.
How would you rate Asurion?

“Worst insurance company ever / update thank you Vivi”

Jose R.
1/6/20

I purchased the extra protection on a computer from Asurion this is there main headquarters I sent it out November 24th to get fixed received back 3 weeks later more broken then it was sent to them not only it doesn't work they also broke the side glass and front of the computer had to send it back out to them to get fixed now January 7 and still they sent me the computer back in the same condition called again now I have to send it back 3rd time this is unacceptable Update the company reached out to me one particular agent Vivi she was able to help me out when no one else was able to. She was kind and determined to help with my issues I was having Vivi rectified and put my faith back In there company. She has great customer service skills I believe the company benefits for having a agent like her on there team. Thank you for all your help

“WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER”

Jessica C.
6/9/20

They take your money and dont want to provide the service and as a #VERIZON customer this should be top notch!!! Filed a claim back in feb paid 60$ to have 2 phones repaired, not only did the repairman not show up for one phone but for 2!!!! Covid hit phone gets worse over time....then they want to turn around and charge a deductible!!!! I DONT THINK SO!

phone (76) customer service (28) claim (49) apple care (4) protection plan (6) 2 months (4) 2 hours (7) screen repair (4) phone replacement (4) money (18) sprint store (3) 3 days (5)
jessicac805
June 9th, 2020
anac245
June 4th, 2020
This has to be a scam, worst protection plan you could go with. You better stick with the manufacturer directly . My ice maker broke, it's been over one month and it still isn't fixed and I don't see the end in sight. They sent a technician that no only did not fix the problem, make it worst. Is very difficult to get them to call you back. Customer service is in Philippine, trying to talk to a supervisor or manager is a joke.
johnsonr35
May 22nd, 2020
Long wait times, no customer service, geared towards sending you to the store for warranty or charging for fraud, expensive
dawnf151
March 20th, 2020
I bought a TV and purchased the extended warranty through Asurion. GFL trying to get a phone number. You can't call the mobile number, they don't handle tv's. No place on my warranty is there a phone number to call.

Secondly, I tried to file online. But when it asks the screen size, it does not accept it. I'm looking right at the info of the TV and my plan.

Worst place. Never again, I will never purchase warranty plans from them. They suck!!!
katarzynap8
June 25th, 2020
When screen of my laptop was cracked, I did not expect that 3 months later and after multitude of repeated phone calls to Asurion customer service I will still be waiting for shipping label so I can send my laptop for repair. I cannot count how many times I asked for shipping label- each time I was assured " it will arrive it 24-48 hours via ups" and then nothing did. I spent 200 $ on coverage for laptop in exchange for non-service- which is basically fraud. Will never ever again purchase coverage with Asurion.
andreab600
May 26th, 2020
Insured my smartphone through Asurion (third party from Bell Mobility).
When the time came that I needed a replacement and quick, Bell did everything on their end to validate my insurance. However Asurion never heard of me, I had to register with them 4 days in a row.
Thankfully Bell Mobility was helpful.
Tip, if a product is offered insurance through asurion save your money.,
carlys69
July 6th, 2020
I've had the worst experience with this company, they have no organization or professionalism. They send phones that do not work and are defective, it might look new to the eye but internally the phone will be defective. Horrible customer service and employees that do not notate the situation at hand and also disconnect the calls on purpose. This company is Horrible! I'd give negative stars if I could!
jw697
March 5th, 2020
When you call asurion (*******248), hold times range from 30-45 minutes. Even if you ask for a manager in customer service, the guy I dealt with has no idea what customer service is. I had to ask him to call me back and when he never did 10 days later, I called again. The first warranty claim I had, my laptop came back missing screws in the back, or the screws were only screen half way in. This warranty company is the worst.
maryk1455
March 27th, 2020
It took hours to complete, if I wasn't on quarantine I would have never finished. A monthly fee, then 275.00 Charge and a threat of 300.00 if old phone is not returned. No one said I was spending all of this time and money for a used phone. Terrible!!
patriciac852
March 8th, 2020
Years paying insurance for my phone and when I needed they did not help. I lost my phone, they charged for a new one immediately, saying my new phone will come the same day. What a liar. Im calling to ask for my phone and they said "The expert" who was bringing the phone had an emergency. I wanted to reschedule to get my phone and the lady said that is too soon to reschedule, that I must call the next day. I dont have a phone now :(
johnnyw88
February 10th, 2020
2 of my kids phones has cracked screens, so I called because on paper work it says Unlimited $29 replacement on cracked screen. The lady says sorry sir we don't carry that phone replacement screens, so it will be a $100 on each phone to get a replacement phone delivered to you next day. Reading the Reviews there is a lot of people having this problem!! Does Asurion even do screen replacement on any device or is that a sales pitch to get more customers.
lisaj503
January 14th, 2020
Asurion has become a non-functioning company. The promised cracked cell phone screen repair where they come to you seems to no longer exist. My son & I have our AT&T phones insured through Asurion, and it used to work in past years. No longer. Try calling their service number, and you will try to speak to outsourced agents in a noisy shop who have bad phone reception, and after you give them your information, they cannot help you, and put you back on hold for someone else to pick up. Nothing at all can be accomplished except to raise your blood pressure and waste your time on hold. Hopefully a visit to an AT&T store will get this phone repaired, but after that we'll be looking for a competent phone service with real insurance.
anag181
May 14th, 2020
Very useless!!! How am i supposed to print out the form without a printer? And then they ask me to go to a library? Don't they know everything is closed due to covid-19? Stupid ass people!! I think we should get way better service after having to pay per month and then the $250 deductible!!!!! Worst customer service ever!!!
bobr383
May 11th, 2020
my phone was stolen and they didnt replace it because sprint put insurance on the phone as soon as it was tolen. This was the most cost efficant way.... They did this so that we could make a claim. We spent all day on the phone and they declined our claim. Very bad service and very bad people. Wish i could give them 0 stars. So now we have to pay full for the phone.....never again. Dont try to make a claim
maggien36
May 20th, 2020
All I needed was a new screen. Said it wasn't what I needed and sends out replacement after $200 deductible. Replacement phone is straight crap and won't charge. Been on the phone all day about that and at one point on hold for 45 minutes and sent to customer care at VERIZON! This place is a scam and I'm terminating my insurance with them and telling everyone I know to do the same !
yey4
May 19th, 2020
It's a scam. Very difficult to register product.. Still haven't been able to register the product so I've basically wasted 30 dollars. I put all the correct information from the receipt in and it still says it's incorrect. Tried using a phone and a pc to register. When I called customer support it directed me to claims... I'm just trying to register.
davids3195
January 20th, 2020
Perhaps the single worst customer service experience I have ever had. Their computer system had the wrong information from AT&T. Rather than admitting that the issue was on their end, they chose to keep denying my claim, hanging up on me, arguing with me, and flat-out lying to me. In the end, I got one sympathetic rep to help me, but it still took two hours of me on the phone with him, calling AT&T to get things straightened out. I had to do all of the work and fix their internal problems for them. This is the worst kind of company, incompetent at every level and they just don't care.
troya77
June 11th, 2020
The sales people are rude and pushy. They ruined Ubreakifix. The Home+ product in specific has no benefits over other programs such as GeekSquad.
sandyg136
February 2nd, 2020
I am supposed to get a 50% reimbursement for appliance replacement parts as per the service contract I purchased. I submitted a claim, following all their instructions, two months ago, but they have not contacted me, nor responded to any of my subsequent attempts to contact them. They are the worse company. DO NOT BUY A SERVICE CONTRACT THROUGH HOME DEPOT, because they use Asurion. Asurion DOES NOT honor the service contracts.
yolandav34
June 29th, 2020
They send a used damage ph as a replacement for my damage ph when i have total Apple Care full warranty to get new ph in case yours gets damage or stolen well i filed a claim and it took 3 days to get another ph and then when i got my replacement ph it was a refurbished one and already damage so they suck
chadl99
June 12th, 2020
Very poor customer service that mostly reads off of legal scripts. They know their service is substantially sub-par to the manufacturer's free service, yet charge you $40 and send you to them anyway. I don't understand how this is legal. Don't ever buy protection policies from Staples, Amazon, or Best Buy.
bradenl3
April 5th, 2020
Very unprofessional! I lost my wallet and phone and they said I have to go to the dmv to get my license before they can help me!? I work 70 hrs a week and am without a phone until then. I was on the phone over an hour and even spoke with a supervisor. Dania said that management does not talk to customers on the phone. VerY displeased and this business is running at&t into the ground.
angier113
June 11th, 2020
This company is far the worse I've ever dealt with. If I could give 0 starts I would. I bought an extended warranty for my refrigerator and since the ice machine broke I called them to get it fix. My first attempt was back in April. After they got my prof of purchased they said they'll contact me but never did. It's June and I called back. Nobody knew anything about my claim apparently the system didn't registered and never got to the technician, but nobody bothered to keep in touch with me. When I called today, it took me 45 minutes to get to someone who was a very rude and unprofessional lady named Crystal. She was working from home so I can hear her screaming children on the back ground. Not only she hang up on me once but the second time after another 45 minute of waiting she rudely told me that my claim number didn't exist so she transferred to Jcpenny where I purchased my refrigerator. Never again I'll do business with you.
randyn88
June 24th, 2020
this company is a horrible insurance company. I've been put through so much with them as to being transferred back and forth to AT&T and asurion. I've been hung up on and treated like and idiot. They say that they have no contact with AT&T and yet they have contact with AT&T for there affidavit that they need me to sign. This company is so unprofessional and unorganized. They don't listen 2 costumes and hang up on them. This ain't no insurance company. This is a unprofessional company.
josephm1426
June 17th, 2020
I kid you not this is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my entire life absolutely horrible they scam people give people broken phones that never ever work I have gotten two phones in a row and they both did not work !! And there trying to upsale me saying oh want the new iPhone 11 instead? Like why would your phones not work ? What am I paying you for to give me broken phones ?! Please take my words seriously and NEVER EVER GO TO THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE COMPANY

They are horrible. I have been on the phone for hours and get no where. They send their customers in circles, making it difficult to submit a claim...and then deny for illegitimate reasons.

By Natasha B.