NZ Post

NZ Post has a consumer rating of 1.17 stars from 23 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about NZ Post most frequently mention customer service and courier driver problems. NZ Post ranks 192nd among Shipping sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 6.3%

No positive highlights yet

• I called their customer service multiple times asking the drivers to use the building intercom to dial our apartment...
  • This delivery service is the worst in delivery service history!
How would you rate NZ Post?

“Reliable Company”

Olive M.
7/11/20

Reliable posties, great customer service both from the posties and on the phone. Soooo much better than fastway/aramex. I send on average 5-15 parcels a week, parcels that are auckland-auckland are always delivered the next day after pick up and I have never had a problem with a parcel with courier post. Newmarket and Parnell Pick up/Drop off drivers are great!

“Useless”

Porcha B.
5/7/20

The most useless delivery service. Takes a half an hour to get a hold of them and then they don't even help you. Told me my package was going to arrive at 11am and came all the way into town to pick it up as they wouldn't leave it in the mailbox only to wait 2 hours to find out my package was still in the depot. Can't pick it up due to the lockdown. Don't waste your time and money on this courier.

customer service (5) delivery service (3)
porchab1
May 7th, 2020
btaf
May 14th, 2020
My 4 parcels left the USA 5 weeks ago according to the tracking system. Their tracks have gone cold since then. NZ post has disabled phone lines, I have asked the USA postal services for enquiry but they say it is not possible to get hold of anyone in NZ post for answers. I am not the only one here with intl parcels disappearing in NZ post mess. Can anyone actually front up and tell me what is happening? This is an strategic national business. What you are doing is embarrassingly unacceptable. I believe there needs to be a formal enquiry into how this business is operating.
pekkam
November 18th, 2020
Can I give 0 stars? Absolutely disgraceful service. I recommend any other courier company. Twice i was told to pick up from a location (after two failed deliveries, which is a story on it's own but not entirely unforgivable) and twice I'm told on location my parcel isn't there. Please call this number (again!) to sort out (again!).
olivem12
July 11th, 2020
andreyl21
September 8th, 2020
How are they in business is beyond my comprehension. An outrageous delivery service in Auckland CBD is their specialty. The drivers never show up, don't leave a card to collect. The tracking system says delivery attempted but I'm literally standing at the same very moment outside my building and there's no sign of a delivery van or courier. I called their customer service multiple times asking the drivers to use the building intercom to dial our apartment... they never do that. It looks like when they know it's an apartment building they don't bother to come. I texted NZ Post customer service on Facebook asking to resolve the issue and was promised to be contacted by the fleet manager. Again... it never happened. A guy on the phone said my parcel is in Morningside while a couple of days before they said it will be waiting for me at Victoria Street Collection Point. I came there, and they said it's not here. Nobody knows what's going on and, despite all the communications I had with the customer services, things don't change. Seriously, you're not made for this job.
mayl76
December 12th, 2019
On June 25 Courier Post lost my parcel again for the third time. The last GPS was scanned in front of McDonald. Yet Courier Driver claimed to have the parcel delivered. That is scary. On that day an Independant Pharmacist came by and she can vouched that there was no courier driver between 2.43pm till 5pm. Yet the courier driver claimed to have delivered at 2.42pm. It was a tea infuser. The driver must be a ghost as we didnt see him coming. That made me and the seller a liar. The case manager was hostile and defensive. She believed in the lies of the courier driver. Courier Post from and to hell.
zandam
September 28th, 2020
The worst experience and repeating every month. Never expected it to be so bad. Plus they are cheating and not doing claims properly and I have had ruined day many times.
jonof
September 13th, 2020
NZ post are a disgrace.
Had a parcel arrive from China, we tracked it all the way here to NZ post.
NZ post claimed they delivered our parcel and left it in the letterbox and had a photo of it to prove it, this was a 30 piece crockery set left in the letter box, suffice to say they never showed us the photo they admitted having possession of the parcel, however we had to raise an issue with the shipper, even though the shipper had done their part.
Customer service was horrendous and dismissive with it is not our problem attitude, we have never received any compensation or so much as an apology.
I would suggest using a reputable courier in future... You suck NZ post. I will endeavour to never ever use you again
lilyl95
July 14th, 2020
Came to my door but leave no card so i was waiting for my parcel for a week also i sent message to them just leave my parcel at the front door but they didn't care i spent whole week to wait could you just give me a call or even a text or at least a card! But nothing, how hard is this job?
alciram
September 15th, 2020
I didn't know what I was doing (first time sending a parcel) and I feel like they fooled me instead of guiding me. Bad bad experience.
lillyl48
September 28th, 2020
Delays is the ‘norm' for NZ post. One should consider themselves lucky if they receive anything on time. Very disappointed.
andreyb52
November 13th, 2020
November 2020, the parcel is in the depot in Wellington within 3 km from delivery address, not delivered for 10 days.
aidans47
June 18th, 2020
This delivery service is the worst in delivery service history! They had 1 job! And they couldn't even do that properly. Their incompetence is unbelievable.
ln204
November 8th, 2020
Got my parcel shipped from Vietnam to Auckland. On their tracking system it showed the parcel at the depot, but never be picked up for delivery, and then weeks later it said the parcel was returned back to Vietnam.

I contacted and their customer service kept telling lies which they couldn't prove to be true, but don't want to admit that they never shipped the parcel but immediately sent it back.

First they said they attempted to deliver but couldn't contact me. When I told I couldn't see any update on their system, and no note was left in our mailbox, and asked what day did they attempt to deliver, they couldn't answer that but said the information was gone on their system.

Another follow-up then they said the address written on our parcel was wrong. My family in Vietnam checked and 100% that the address is correct.

I tried to reach out to Citizens Advice Bureau and they tried to talk to NZ post but it kept going on the same way. They failed to prove that they did right things but refused to admit they did it wrong and didn't want to compensate. CAB adviced that I would need to bring this matter to the court if I don't want to give up, and I definitely will do. NZ post isn't delivering the service as they agree, so the laws have to help consumers teach them a lesson

Tip for consumers: Avoid them at all cost

shayala
September 9th, 2020
I gave a called to the Nz post to follow up with my package which was from USA and unfortunately that went missing and they said that my parcel has been gone back to the sender and they give me excuse of saying that my address was wrong, I spoke to a person named Daniel and he told me in a rude manner saying that my package has gone back to where it came from in there's no guarantee that the person who sent it to me will received this package because they do not put tracking on the package that's been returning to! He also mentioned that it will take about 3months! He also mentioned that they have a photo of my package that did not have the right address or my number whereas the person who sent me that package they put everything That was required on the package and he told me that he has photo and when I requested for that photo he gave me an act right of privacy where is that package belongs to me And doesn't want to show me via email and then he told me that Whatever photo was taken by the nz post but act of government it is not allowed to enclose to customers and then he was talking in a rude way to me I asked him 3 times and in that three times he say he cannot give me a photo of my product and therefore I also asked him if he has a photo of product can you read out the address that is on the package and he said that it due to privacy he can't do that so clearly your service is pathetic you guys need to act up you, y'all are lies and you guys need tell us customers the truth whereas I have the emails when I did an inquiry about my package and in that email it was never mention that my address and my phone number wasn't on my package so stop lying nz post customer service
tiaral4
November 28th, 2019
The staff at the East Tamaki, Auckland processing depot are extremely lazy and incompetent. I paid for an item to be tracked within Auckland that actually didn't need postage (it had a freepost sticker attached), and still the package has not be delivered to the recipient after 7 working days. Supposedly delivery is within 2-3 working days, yet it's been 7 days and still the parcel is sitting at their East Tamaki Depot waiting for lazy little Punjab to put the box into his van for delivery. NZ Post Customer service is appalling. I called to enquire as to why my parcel had not yet been delivered, and the lying sod on the other end said he would open up an investigation to find out what was happening, and that he would call me back. It never called back. So I called them and no investigation had been started. So they are not only their staff incompetent and lazy, they're liars too. Save yourself the hassle and pay an extra few dollars to use another courier service. It's worth it especially if you need to send a parcel within a reasonable timeframe. The service you get from NZ Post is atrocious. Stay away from them.
stephaniea217
November 6th, 2019
DON'T USE NZ POST! I sent a necklace which cost $55 to my sister they asked if I wanted to track it for $37, I advised no, they said we cant guarantee delivery. I thought well it the post it should get there.
Well it never arrived! So I called NZ Post, she was SO rude well you've sent an ILLEGAL ITEM Jewellery is illegal and we wont compensate, Apparently I'm suppose to be physic and check their website before I send anything.(why didn't the PO teller tell me that! SO THE MORAL OF THE STORY IF YOU DON'T TRACK & TRACE YOUR ITEM WONT GET To its destination! AND THEY'LL TREAT YOU LIKE THE CRIMINAL! The only criminals are NZ POST! I told her i will NEVER use you again she said I'm happy with that.
peterh251
February 22nd, 2018
I paid for a letter to be tracked and signed after it twice failed to be delivered by NZ post. This one was supposedly left on a chair at the address although it had a post box and was supposed to be signed for. Suffice to say it has never been seen. Very suspicious to me. Contacted NZ post who seemed to think this was alright and I should claim from Royal mail who sent it to NZ even though NZ signed for it. Avoid at all costs. I wish I had seen all the revues before using them.
siobhano9
September 6th, 2019
I bought a 25kg item on Trademe. The vendor put on the label that it needed to be delivered by the 4th September. This was because I was leaving to have an eye op with no bending etc for 2 weeks afterwards, on the 6th. On the morning of the 7th it was still showing on the tracking site as having last been at 18.18 3. 9. 19 at Albany. It was delivered to the wider Dunedin area later this am. 7. 9. 19 The driver was smirking. I have had it with rubbish personalities so he will be joining other bad eggs I am outing on youtube. The only reason I was here was because I had an infection and my op was cancelled. I would like to see that bastard fired.
grantm50
February 5th, 2018
Absolutely rubbish service. Paid for delivery and the article has not turned up. Many phone calls and get passed from one person to another and then they do not call back. Then when you do get to talk to someone they tell you that they have gps proof that delivery was made they will not show the proof due to protecting "your privacy"
anthonyf71
February 15th, 2017
Never phone you back, dont answer emails so totally faceless, they lie and i can prove it, lose packages then blame everyone but themselves. I will never use again
michelleh456
October 2nd, 2018
3 months it took for them to sort out an item I sent that NZ courier smashed and checked it out that it was not my fault in the way I packed item the whole 3 months I have tried to talk to someone to tell them about the worst experience I have had and to this day it is still not sorted. A team leaders manager told the team leader she could deal with it when that team leader was the worst out of the lot I wanted her boss to go through everything that has happened but no she told the person under her she was aloud to sort it? 4 different things I had been told to do and not one of them is write just unbelievable NZ post fair go is my next step!
andym83
October 7th, 2015
Never in my life have I dealt with such a useless company, they should pay their customers to use their service - sending international goods is just a waste of time, what they estimate as 2-4 weeks you can guarantee will be 2-4 months (and that's crossing your fingers it will make it there).

Why New Zealand has such a useless postal baffles me, when comparing to a company like FedEx, NZ post is the equivalent of paying a mentally challenged child to deliver goods - I don't know if the couriers are distracted by cats on their way to deliver parcels or if they try to 'guess' where they parcels should be delivered.

Tip for consumers: Unless you enjoy paying for an awful service and want to deliver parcels to random locations across the globe.. find a competent service.

Extremely hard. They purposely make it impossible to talk to someone real especially if you have a complaint to lodge

By Tiara L.

I only used them because one of their postal shops is less than 1km from where I live.

By Tiara L.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the NZ Post staff and other customers.

The New Zealand Post Group offers services to help New Zealand run. We connect people, businesses and communities.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NZ Post?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.2
Have a question about NZ Post?