NZ Post

NZ Post has a consumer rating of 1.1 stars from 40 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about NZ Post most frequently mention customer service problems. NZ Post ranks 213th among Shipping sites.

No positive highlights yet

• I called their customer service multiple times asking the drivers to use the building intercom to dial our apartment...
  • This delivery service is the worst in delivery service history!
How would you rate NZ Post?

“Reliable Company”

Olive M.
7/11/20

Reliable posties, great customer service both from the posties and on the phone. Soooo much better than fastway/aramex. I send on average 5-15 parcels a week, parcels that are auckland-auckland are always delivered the next day after pick up and I have never had a problem with a parcel with courier post. Newmarket and Parnell Pick up/Drop off drivers are great!

“Shocking service”

Sandra K.
2/21/21

I had a parcel being sent from auckland to invercargill. Estimated delivery date overnight 17 Feb, recieved 22nd Feb with only 2 updates total on track an trace and then not all was filled in. What's the point in paying for track an trace when no update for days.My parcel was a tube of thin lizzy foundation and needed my signature as I wouldn't be home i couldn't click into the box to leave a message as the box message read dangerous goods, what a joke. Instead of 1 star, should be half. Shame on you get your act together.

customer service (5) delivery service (3)
sandrak674
February 21st, 2021

neilw174
May 21st, 2021

I ordered an urgent delivery two days ago from Invercargill to a business address in Cambridge (rural) it was requested at 9.00 am and picked up at 16.00 pm for "overnight delivery" but with an "expected delivery date of 3 days + 1 for rural". What's the point? I regularly order goods from Europe and the United States. Arrival in NZ is typically 1-2 days. From there, parcels often take in excess of two weeks to be delivered to me. NZ Couriers are third world delivery service with first world prices. They don't deserve 1 star.

porchab1
May 7th, 2020

The most useless delivery service. Takes a half an hour to get a hold of them and then they don't even help you. Told me my package was going to arrive at 11am and came all the way into town to pick it up as they wouldn't leave it in the mailbox only to wait 2 hours to find out my package was still in the depot. Can't pick it up due to the lockdown. Don't waste your time and money on this courier.

btaf
May 14th, 2020

My 4 parcels left the USA 5 weeks ago according to the tracking system. Their tracks have gone cold since then. NZ post has disabled phone lines, I have asked the USA postal services for enquiry but they say it is not possible to get hold of anyone in NZ post for answers. I am not the only one here with intl parcels disappearing in NZ post mess. Can anyone actually front up and tell me what is happening? This is an strategic national business. What you are doing is embarrassingly unacceptable. I believe there needs to be a formal enquiry into how this business is operating.

pekkam
November 18th, 2020

Can I give 0 stars? Absolutely disgraceful service. I recommend any other courier company. Twice i was told to pick up from a location (after two failed deliveries, which is a story on it's own but not entirely unforgivable) and twice I'm told on location my parcel isn't there. Please call this number (again!) to sort out (again!).

samuelj175
July 22nd, 2021

Why pay for overnight shipping with signatures when they take 4 days and then sign it delivered themselves. The signature says "letterbox". My letterbox can't sign for a package. There's a reason it needed to be signed for, because it was clearly something of value or importance. These guys are genuinely stupid.

jaredr105
July 7th, 2021

They dont answer their phones even at the call center.
I'm trying to track my parcel that has been at their depot for almost a week, no attempted delivery, no one seems to know where it is, and they refuse to help.

Tip for consumers:
I've been waiting a week for my parcel, it's just been sitting at the depot according to the tracking.
90% of the time I call, I get left on hold until the line dies, the other 10% I've been told they don't know where it is.

Hands down the worst courier in NZ.
You'd be better off using Chinese Air Mail.

Products used:
Courier services.

teodoram2
September 10th, 2021

NZ Post recently had issues with their website. Before the issues have been announced, I tried to book a courier and the website displayed an error (along the lines of "try again") then automatically refreshed the page, telling me to try again, and so on, until I figured out that it is actually withdrawing money out of my account every time the page is refreshed, and I closed the browser. At that point I already had multiple transactions "pending" - which I did not authorize.
The "fun" part is that I contacted NZ Post immediately about it, and I was told to "call again in 10 days" for inquiries about the money taken out of my account without authorization. I raised a complaint, explaining that this is basically fraud, and I got a response along the lines of "the credit team will provide an update in the next business days" - end of the week now, the "credit team" provided no update, the money have not been reimbursed, and no further answers from NZ Post.
While a website can indeed be broken, making multiple unauthorized bank transactions from that system then refusing to return the money is absolutely unbelivable!

dindun
June 7th, 2021

These guys have no idea how to operate a delivery company. So my parcel which is supposed to have a guaranteed delivery timeframe of 1-2 days takes 2 weeks to deliver? Why am I paying you extra then? Bloody scammers. The customer service representative was no help either. Told me to go pick it up myself. Thanks Melissa, not sure what kind of a broke back training they put you through; but you sure do live up to the motto of your company: "Helping zero kiwis and causing them a massive headache since the beginning of time because we are lazy as f***". Save your money and time and frustration by not using these useless idiots.

lindah2232
March 2nd, 2021

The most unhelpful post office service. I had a parcel that didnt arrive to me overseas and told them about the dreadful delays so they POSTED me the form to complete even though i requested a link or email. The form then took 2 months to arive. Staff were rude and not in the least helpful. And so it took 4 months from time it was sent until I received the form... then I was supposed to post it back... aaaargh... I gave up in the end.

galinak34
February 11th, 2021

Horrible service, tracking tool says that my parcel was delivered, but I did not receive anything. I lodged an enquiry, after an "investigation" they said that it was delivered to a metal letterbox. The funny part is that we have a camera installed at the front gate, which did not record any deliveries (previous and the same day visits from our friends were recorded - so the camera is working fine). Now they tell me to lodge a claim process with an overseas sender, who actually did not do anything wrong. NZ Post should learn to own their mistakes and rectify them like a proper responsible business.

briand1448
September 20th, 2021

A customer service rep was rude, abrupt and unhelpful and unnecessarily placed me on hold twice for long periods of time.

andreyl21
September 8th, 2020

How are they in business is beyond my comprehension. An outrageous delivery service in Auckland CBD is their specialty. The drivers never show up, don't leave a card to collect. The tracking system says delivery attempted but I'm literally standing at the same very moment outside my building and there's no sign of a delivery van or courier. I called their customer service multiple times asking the drivers to use the building intercom to dial our apartment... they never do that. It looks like when they know it's an apartment building they don't bother to come. I texted NZ Post customer service on Facebook asking to resolve the issue and was promised to be contacted by the fleet manager. Again... it never happened. A guy on the phone said my parcel is in Morningside while a couple of days before they said it will be waiting for me at Victoria Street Collection Point. I came there, and they said it's not here. Nobody knows what's going on and, despite all the communications I had with the customer services, things don't change. Seriously, you're not made for this job.

mayl76
December 12th, 2019

On June 25 Courier Post lost my parcel again for the third time. The last GPS was scanned in front of McDonald. Yet Courier Driver claimed to have the parcel delivered. That is scary. On that day an Independant Pharmacist came by and she can vouched that there was no courier driver between 2.43pm till 5pm. Yet the courier driver claimed to have delivered at 2.42pm. It was a tea infuser. The driver must be a ghost as we didnt see him coming. That made me and the seller a liar. The case manager was hostile and defensive. She believed in the lies of the courier driver. Courier Post from and to hell.

zandam
September 28th, 2020

The worst experience and repeating every month. Never expected it to be so bad. Plus they are cheating and not doing claims properly and I have had ruined day many times.

stewartg45
September 2nd, 2021

I booked for a pickup on the 01/09/21 its now 03/09/21 and was meant to be a over night i know its crazy right now but i did call them the next day and they said that they contacted the driver for pickup and wound ring back to comfurm. They did not even do that so much for over night service so i rang them and its been cancelled good one nzpost now i have to wait even longer.

olivem12
July 11th, 2020

jonof
September 13th, 2020

NZ post are a disgrace.
Had a parcel arrive from China, we tracked it all the way here to NZ post.
NZ post claimed they delivered our parcel and left it in the letterbox and had a photo of it to prove it, this was a 30 piece crockery set left in the letter box, suffice to say they never showed us the photo they admitted having possession of the parcel, however we had to raise an issue with the shipper, even though the shipper had done their part.
Customer service was horrendous and dismissive with it is not our problem attitude, we have never received any compensation or so much as an apology.
I would suggest using a reputable courier in future... You suck NZ post. I will endeavour to never ever use you again

kiaranh
February 9th, 2021

Awful communication
Slow delivery times
Useless tracking service
Drivers that don't delivery! How can you be this useless NZ post!

lilyl95
July 14th, 2020

Came to my door but leave no card so i was waiting for my parcel for a week also i sent message to them just leave my parcel at the front door but they didn't care i spent whole week to wait could you just give me a call or even a text or at least a card! But nothing, how hard is this job?

larissam49
June 10th, 2021

I live on a short shared driveway recently changed to a private road, all sealed, wide, easy access, easy turn around etc. The local RD driver will only leave a card to call in the letterbox and never ever deliver a single parcel. We are only 800m off the main road and not in the wop wops (10 mins from Albany). In this day and age living in Auckland I cannot believe it is impossible to get a delivery. Not only does RD add about an extra week then I get the card to call and have to drive in to pick up the parcel the opposite way to work and during their operating hours. Other courier companies seem to be used less often but they will deliver and leave on our door step which is fantastic!

alciram
September 15th, 2020

I didn't know what I was doing (first time sending a parcel) and I feel like they fooled me instead of guiding me. Bad bad experience.

lillyl48
September 28th, 2020

Delays is the ‘norm' for NZ post. One should consider themselves lucky if they receive anything on time. Very disappointed.

andreyb52
November 13th, 2020

November 2020, the parcel is in the depot in Wellington within 3 km from delivery address, not delivered for 10 days.

techw3
June 22nd, 2021

New Zealand Post is special, espically bad. Most parcels I get from the North shore (the likes of Albany or Rosedale) I'm the past two years have taken the whole bloody week, I could drive and ferry faster between the two places.

Mighty ape parcels as well as paralell imported takes whole week or even two for this reason. If I wait a week for one more package I'm making a formal complaint because this is flat out bad.

ARAMEX for a long time have had a bad reputation but even they are faster than Courierpost, when my Amazon packages arrive in Auckland they are normally delivered the next day. Looks like Aramex have cleaned up their act.

Other packages from Auckland and other towns and cities take about three days for overnight, overnight is a scam. Once I paid $15 shipping for an overnight parcel and Saturday from Auckland that took two weeks.

I have too many samples of $#*! service from these plonkers. From courier being snail Mail, lost packages and couriers dumping high value parcels at the door without a signature even when I asked for it.

Don't waste your time with these plonked s choose NZ Couriers and Post Haste who actually do it overnight almost always,

Extremely hard. They purposely make it impossible to talk to someone real especially if you have a complaint to lodge

By Tiara L.

I only used them because one of their postal shops is less than 1km from where I live.

By Tiara L.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the NZ Post staff and other customers.

The New Zealand Post Group offers services to help New Zealand run. We connect people, businesses and communities.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NZ Post?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.1
Have a question about NZ Post?