Review of NumberBarn

Tel: 844-444-2276
support@numberbarn.com

pany1
2/19/19

I placed order days ago for a "Get it Now" phone
number and still no phone number. I also emailed several times and no
response. Poor customer service and very unprofessional.

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Hi Pan,

NumberBarn almost immediately sent you an email requesting some further information about your number order that we did not get a response to. I do see we have also responded to all three of your support tickets in a timely manner, but it appears your email provider is blocking our emails from reaching you. We are getting the following response when our emails bounce back:

550 5.7.1 Policy rejection on the target address

You may want to check with your email provider/support as it seems you are not receiving our email correspondence. When you get it figured out, let us know as we are still holding your number for you :)
gilr18
2/4/19
• Updated review

I got 3 more numbers and this time it looks much smoother than last time, I am still in the process, lets hope I will not have to come back here again :-)

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
YAY! Happy to hear things are moving along smoothly for you, Gil. If you run into any hiccups, just let us know. :)
“the worst customer service!”
10/26/18
• Previous review

1. Takes them FOREVER to port number , be ready for min 10 days!

2. They got some verification email and call deal ! They will delay the port until they will get a hold of you.

3. They got the customer service going on only by emails, so you need to sit and wait forever until they contact you back.

Bad!Bad!Bad! i wish I never got the number from them!

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Hello Gil R. It's always disappointing to see reviews like this, as our ultimate goal and the reason we're in business is to meet your number needs. For the sake of the public forum, I’d like to offer a little insight into new number purchases so others can decide if NumberBarn is really all that "bad!bad!bad!"

[Payment] The first thing you'll notice is you still have not paid us for the number. We do this on purpose to insure that you don't pay until we uphold our end of the bargain. In other words, we work for free securing, processing, and activating your number to make sure all looks well before ever asking a dollar from our customers. I would say that sets up most customers to have a good! experience with NumberBarn.

[Communication] In reviewing the timeline you'll see our team has been working on your behalf since the minute you ordered the number, but we're dependent upon customer and carrier response time.

We see that you placed your order on October 19th. We require additional information to verify premium numbers, and complete new number orders. Our team reached out to you via email on the same day of purchase with the required information: verification of billing address, billing telephone number, and an alternate contact number for a personal phone call. We want to make sure that a real person with positive intentions has placed the order for the number. We've seen an uptick in fraud and we're doing our best to ensure that we stay on top of it.

When we do not receive a response to our security inquiry, as we know people are busy, we resend our request the following business day. Since the 19th of October fell on a Friday, we resent this email to you on Monday, October 22nd. Your reply at 9:47pm PT that night was responded to at 6:50am PT the following morning. I'd say that's a good response time and should lead to a positive interaction.

[Personal Call] Upon receiving your contact information, our team reached out to you by phone 16 minutes after you provided these details, and we spoke to you on the phone. It is true, NumberBarn does not offer routine phone support so we can pass the savings on to our customers. However, that doesn't keep us from having personal contact with our customers. As most would guess, It is extremely expensive to house and run a full-time call center, and after 16 years in the business, we know customers prefer to have that savings passed on to them.

[Activation Time] The activation time frame of a phone number can vary based on the multiple vendors we work with to bring the public more than 35 million phone numbers. This is why we list activation times on our website, next to the number before and after you make selections. We're fighting to improve the industry, but unfortunately the FCC only enforces same/next day transfers between wireless companies. We hope these policies change so we can continue to improve our marketplace.

[Completion] With all that said, we're always disappointed when people feel like we're not meeting their number needs. We try to over communicate, but sometimes we still need to find ways to do better. We see that we're still working on your number order within the activation window of 7 business days and will continue to communicate the most up to date status with you via email. Please let us know if you'd like to cancel the number order, or continue with the acquisition of the number. We'd hope if you continue with the order, and we uphold our end of the bargain, that you'd, likewise, consider removing this review as we find it a bit misleading.
adrians111
12/16/18

I was in a panic, lost my number due to miscommunication at my cell Phone company. I'm a creative dental consultant with The Dental Boutique Columbus for 20 years, with the same business mobile number. The process of choosing location, moving, kids, and living is enough. My cell company rep was so concerned about opening new accounts, adding lines and purchasing new phones they failed to add my main line that I didn't use as much, to my plan. In addition didn't tell me I could be at risk of losing my number. After being told to come back next month the new IPhone will be out and cheaper. He gave me a temporary number and BAMMM! 20 years sam number, GONE!

I managed to lose my number of 20 years. I reached out to number barn via e-mail, but it felt like a one on one conversation. They listened to me about concerns, gave me a few options to explore then followed thru to see how things were coming along. I wasn't ableto get my number back but I was able to go from local #6147783979 to an 833 #tollfree with the exact same number I'll be #darn #uewee #8337783979

Maybe it's a sign, it's time to go national with the Dental Edu~tainment workshops.

Thanks #numberbarn

#AdrianScottFitzgerald
The Teeth Lady

Tip for consumers: Park your number for $5 opposed to losing it. I wishI knew about this service before I needed it. Because once you lose your number it's crazy trying to get it back. I'm so glad I was able to find my number toll free.

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Adrian, it IS a sign :) We're just really happy that we were able to do our best to assist despite everything that happened with your original number. Thanks for being a part of the NumberBarn family!
joef268
11/18/18

Sons birthday and I got him a local easy to remember #.
2 weeks before i needed his # to be ported over the request was put in with ATT and it keeps getting rejected. I get distracted with work and then 7 days before his birthday we figure out the company the # was coming from had all these crazy restrictions. Including a 10 day waiting period. I reach out to number barn and start working with Kylie. She calls ATT, she calls the company that owns the #. Makes it work in TIME!!! considering what I paid for a phone # she did'nt have to do that! But she did. I was really surprised, AND she was super sweet and in constant contact the entire process. AWESOME!!!! thank you

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
AWESOME is right! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback, Joe. We appreciate YOU! Kylie is such a rockstar and we'll definitely be sharing this with our entire team.
daniels668
9/28/18

Overall these guys did a great job. Purchased and ported about 12 numbers.

The Bad: You should know upfront that porting is SLOW, even though its VOIP other VOIP providers such as broadband.com manage to port within minutes so I don't understand why number barn can't, but maybe it is truly out of there control. They should also update their website to say ports happen in 5-7 days instead of 3 - 5 because based on my conversations with the winning carrier they demand 5 days as a minimum so why advertise 3-5 days if your going to require 5 as a minimum.

The Good: Prices are good, number availability is awesome, and customer service is responsive and fast.

My wish list: speed up porting and lower the monthly cost for your various plans, especially for folks with multiple numbers.

Overall, I recommend them without hesitation.

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Daniel, thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are so happy you found those numbers that you needed! You're right - porting to and from us might take longer than anyone would prefer. Numbers with NumberBarn are classified by the FCC as landline/wireline numbers. Due to this classification, ports may take anywhere from 3 to 7 business days, up to 10 business days, to port away. We do have this listed on our website as well as in our email correspondences. I'll work with my team to add it to anything else that might help customers know what to expect moving forward.
yuriym9
9/27/18

So these guys claim they take up to 5 days to port. Not the case. We have Benn getting extension request at my new carrier from them almost everyday. Each time they request 3-4 days to port. Complete wait of of time. Don't port from here.

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Hello Yuriy! Thank you for your comments. Numbers with NumberBarn are classified by the FCC as landline/wireline numbers. In the majority of cases, porting takes anywhere from 3 to 7 business days, up to 10 business days, to port to and from our system. When porting away, it is always recommended to have the gaining carrier select at least 5 business days out. This is what we communicate on our website and this is what we have communicated with you via our support emails. We know it can be frustrating when this happens, but so long as the gaining provider selects a date at least 5 business days out, the port is approved and the new provider does not resubmit the request. Each new resubmission can restart the porting time frame, which isn't fun. We look forward to continuing our work with you and to a successful port out to your new provider!
xolisileh
9/12/18

Easy to use, not too much information, prices are really reasonable, and flexible options for using, transferring you custom number, great service!!!!!

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Xolisile, thank you very much for your kind words!
chadg65
8/20/18

Do not do business here - Go somewhere else for your numbers!
I've been trying to have a number I purchased from number barn ported to a Verizon business phone for 4 weeks! Absolute nightmare!

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Hello Chad G. We’re always disappointed to see reviews like this, because we strive to meet number needs first and foremost. For the sake of the public forum, I’d like to offer a little insight into the port-out experience for others to decide if NumberBarn is really all that terrible.

Per your support emails, I can see you originally requested the number to port out on July 28th. We have no way of confirming that submission date or if your new carrier submitted it correctly, as we are not made away of port-out requests until they hit our system. Our system is set up in such a way that everything is automated so nobody is sitting around awaiting manual intervention. In some cases, things get stuck, or a little elbow grease is required, and that’s when we step in to aid the process.

It looks like on August 6th you notified us of a problem porting out, and our team quickly (within minutes via chat) diagnosed the problem to be an outdated PIN. We take full responsibility for that. We immediately reached out to the responsible carrier and had a new PIN for you within four hours. Your next inquiry as to status was on August 9th, in which we responded (within three minutes) that we still had not seen an updated port-out request from your new carrier. Our team mentions that it sometimes takes three business days to get to our system, and that we would keep an eye out for it.

Upon your notice on August 13, that the port still had not gone through, NumberBarn kicked into high gear, and reached out to Verizon directly and on your behalf to provide the correct porting credentials. They informed us that no new updates had been provided up to that point. Verizon updated the port request based on our phone call, and submitted the request again. Our team promised to provide daily updates from then until the number ported away.

In reviewing our support tickets, I can see our team sent daily updates from August 14-20 (not including Sat/Sun) regarding any status updates, or lack thereof.

On Monday morning, August 20th, NumberBarn called Verizon again at 11:26am to verify the port request had, in deed, been submitted properly. Verizon confirms everything looks good, but we receive a support email (1:44pm) describing this all as a waste of time, because Verizon isn’t getting anywhere with the new PIN. Confused, NumberBarn calls Verizon back and confirms the number has received a hard transfer date for 08/22/2018 and that a Verizon retail-store team member provided erroneous information to you.

On 08/22/2018 NumberBarn performs test calls and determines that Verizon still has not picked up the number, and we kick into high gear again, contacting our carrier, and attempting to push the number through by calling Verizon. Verizon arranges for the number to automatically activate on its own, today, Friday, August 24th @ 1pm EST due to an impact timer being triggered. This is common when two carriers fail to properly communicate. Our team notified you of this yesterday, and we finally celebrated as the number ported out of our system on August 24th.

Again, we strive to meet number needs as quickly as possible. We take full responsibility that the PIN was wrong in the original port request, but we quickly provided the correct PIN, and reached out to Verizon on your behalf to move this port-out request along. We, naturally, request this review to be removed, but understand if you insist on it remaining live. It goes with the territory in doing business, and we know that not every interaction can be as perfect as we intend or plan.

In the interim, we hope we can continue to meet your numbers with the remaining numbers you still manage through NumberBarn. I can see we’ve been managing numbers for you since December 2017, and it seems like we’ve met your number needs up until this time. I hope anybody else reading this review would see that even when the going gets tough, we stick to our promise and fight fo our customers until the matter is resolved. Yes, it took quite a bit longer to port your number, but I’m not sure the timeline warrants the summation that we’re an absolute nightmare.

Please feel free to email us directly in the future when you want to port out any of your other numbers, and I’ll personally handle it from A-Z to make sure we have the correct porting credentials, and it ports as expected.
gregp155
6/18/18

Really FLOORED with their service. Excellent communication during the week. Huge selection of great numbers at wonderful prices. Straight forward process. Seriously the Wal-Mart of phone numbers. Number Barn is going to be HUGE. Experience with 2 different numbers here, excellent both times. Thank You Number Barn, the way it SHOULD be!

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Greg, we appreciate your stellar review. Thank you! We like to keep things straight forward and give you many options for your number needs. We're happy you found us and can't wait to have you back at the barn again.
vardito
4/23/18

I was searching online for the best vanity telephone number for our company. I came across numberbarn.com. They had the number that I wanted so I put it in the shopping cart. Once I started going through the fine print for the purchase I realized that this is not a company that we wanted to work with. Even though I removed it from their cart, it is still showing as reserved. So they basically locked me out of using the number that I wanted. I have verified with other providers, and they confirm that it's numberbarn that has it on reserve. I have emailed them on a number of occasions as I can't seem to get one of their representatives on the phone. It is SO frustrating to know that they hi-jacked my number, just like that. Watch out!!!! Do not enter the number that you are interested in on the numberbarn website.

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Vardit, thanks again for reaching out here sharing your experience. Yes, when someone searches a number on our website, adds the number to their shopping cart and does not checkout, we do place this number on a reservations table to set it aside for 24 - 48 hours in the event you decide to come back and purchase the number. It is similar to how services like Ticketmaster hold your tickets for a period of time to ensure that they are reserved for you. We are real people that care (not phone number hi jackers) and are here via email. We will respond back to you within 1 hour or less. We also have live chat as well. NumberBarn does not offer phone support so we can pass the savings on to our customers. I do see your email to our team and that we replied to you. I hope that helps!
markb503
4/7/18

I'm a skeptic by nature and always do a very thorough investigation into a company before I use them. I was pleased with their customer service and rapid response time via chat. They are on the ball and answered all my questions. She stayed on the chat with me while I entered my information to port over my number. I was paying comcast $36 a month and now I only pay $6 a month and have the number forwarded to my cell phone. I don't understand why anyone would write a bad review unless you're a dummy. Only a stupid person would write a bad review about this company. It was an easy process and now the number works fine. I'm very pleased.

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Mark, you rock! Thanks for your great review. We're happy that you're a skeptic (in this day and age, you should be) and that you did your research. We're also beyond happy you had such a great experience to bring your number over and save money with us!
davidl524
2/7/18

I used NumberBarn to purchase #s in my area code that otherwise weren't available from my VOIP provider. Buying the numbers was super simple as was porting them out. The interface is super simple and straightforward and pricing for purchasing and parking was very reasonable.

I appreciate that after the numbers were ported out I received an email that the transfer was complete and that I would no longer be charged for parking.

Company was great for my needs.

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
David, we're super happy that you found the numbers you needed and had a simple and straightforward experience with us. Thanks for sharing your kind words!
jimm1609
2/2/18

Do not park your number with this company you will never be able to port it out. They say they are there to assist but its a complete crock. They do nothing but give a run around and basically tell you they cannot port out your number or they cannot see the request. Do not trust them if you want to keep your number

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Hi Jim M. We appreciate the review, as it validates real people with real scenarios use our business. Unfortunately, we cannot verify if you're actually Jim M. as nobody with that name has contacted our support department, nor have our customers with the actual name (Jim M.) contacted us recently. Since this review coincided quite coincidentally with an angry string of support tickets, and threats of bad reviews by one particular customer, I'll assume it's "you" but protect your anonymity as you desire.

As a preface to my response, I'd like to say, NumberBarn processed 570 port outs in January alone. We have no problem processing port outs, and we encourage it if it will better meet your number needs. In addition, we list all needed and required porting credentials within the control panel so you can initiate a port request with another carrier without waiting on us. Further more, we've built the system to auto approve port out requests, and not sit on them for three full business days like we are allowed. We believe in speedy and timely support, because we actually believe in meeting number needs, and in no way targeted your one number to hold on to out of the rest.

All that to say, sometimes there are problems along the way, but with enough persistence they are usually overcome. Unfortunately, it's "along-the-way" that we garner the bad rep for "holding" on to numbers when often times it's revealed the new carrier is not submitting correctly. For example, some carriers refuse to acknowledge the warning DUE DATE CANNOT BE MET and simply tell their customers that the number is inactive or does not exist. This is simply untrue, and when the requested due date is backed up a couple of days, magically the port out request receives a confirmed transfer date.

There are other times when new carriers swear they are sending the port request, only to find they've been sending to the wrong carrier, and by default we cannot see the port request. Or come to find out, they were attempting to submit through their wireless portal, because they failed to acknowledge the type of number porting.

We never wish to have frustrated customers, but we also realize we cannot win them all. In the end, we don't get paid until we perform, and we've always refunded monies for ports we cannot complete. Of course, we don't even get paid until a number ports into our system. So, we work for free on the front end, and will refund money on the back end if we truly cannot get it done.

Unfortunately, what tends to happen, is threats of FCC complaints are thrown around, and mud slinging on review sites begin. We understand it's part of the business, because there's an automatic assumption that online businesses are out to get you, but we find it disappointing and below our shared humanity.

Please contact support with your real name so we can continue addressing this matter, unless it really is "you", then please allow 2-3 days for your $21 refund to post to your credit card account, and we'll keep working for free until we can get this done for you.
scotts298
10/5/17

It's hard to trust sites these days, especially with phone numbers that cost hundreds of dollars for a vanity number. But look no further these guys were 100% professional and attended to any questions I had. I have sense ported out my number with no issues to my cell phone carrier. Cannot say enough good things. I'll use them in future.

kims223
7/17/17

I initially parked my number, waiting for activation when the business begins.
It was really simple to do, and pay (Via PayPal).
I had a problem uploading my message, and after I sent a question, answers were immediate, and easy to do.
As well, live help is available, that helped me out,when I uploaded the wrong version of my message (Duhhhh....)
I think its a excellent, well thought out service.

anas478
3/30/17

NumberBarn is the absolute BEST!!! We moved to Sydney from the US and had been having issues porting our numbers with NumberGarage. We were having to pay for a costly phone bill and were not getting anywhere with our numbers being ported. Thankfully, I came across NumberBarn and received FANTASTIC customer service from Matthew. NumberBarn quickly ported our numbers, for a better price and we were able to finally cancel our expensive phone bill while still keeping our numbers. THANK YOU for making this easy!!!

cck1
7/17/16

According to NumberBarn's adv if you park your #, it will not cancel your account with the carrier it is coming from. If you want to cancel service with carrier, you must do it yourself. BIG BOLD LETTERS, it says that.

So I parked my ATT cell # and, I believed, kept my account just without a working number for a few days while I shopped to see what carrier to move it to. Found awesome VZN deal if I switched from ATT to them -buy out my phone ($650), no activation fee... Apparently all summer long the major carriers have been having these 'come-to-us' wars. So I set everything up w/VZN, do a hard credit pull -everything's ready and LOOK, my "account" is NOT any longer with ATT. My "account" is with NumberBarn and so I am not coming over from ATT.

I cannot believe that something as common as these types of deals have not come up with loads of people --no one who parks a number even for a day can take advantage of any of the 'switch' deals. AND ATT actually did cancel the account the moment the number went to NumberBarn. When I emailed NumberBarn about the damage of doing what they say to do --NO WAY TO CALL NB, only email and an occasional catch-as-catch-can online chat person at their websit-- So I email them and they say - just port back to ATT and that will fix it.

So I've spent hours on this already and now I'm supposed to just put it back -another 5 days w/out the port being completed. PLUS, the actual park screwed up my old cell #, the number to which it was transferred for at least 24 hours --no calls could come thru the line to which the parked number was to be forwarded. And they are ONLY available by email and then it takes a day to get a reply -not a very helpful reply at that.

AND FINALLY, no I cannot just port it back to ATT **because** yes, my account did AUTOMATICALLY cancel at the ATT end just like it would do at VZN or any other carrier. And to get my account 'uncancelled', I have to go thru the full credit check/approval like a new account. AND I had a very old, "grand-fathered-in" LOW low priced plan at ATT which I lost forever. So can't get $650 from VZN and will pay $30/mth more to go back to ATT --since I will have to keep the Note 5 phone Im under contract for. THIS HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE from day one on every conceivable level. And customer service's response is "I do not understand the issue, why didn't you just port to VZN to begin with?"

Seriously?!! That amounts to 'well, why did you choose us to begin with'. DUH!! I chose them bc of their website claims and I did exactly what I was told. At least a week of carrying 3 phones trying to figure where the number was, where it was being forwarded and a good $1,000 either lost or to be paid out in future and another 5 days without any access to # being ported --if, indeed ATT will port it. Yeah, and *that's* their response. Oh, and they offered to refund my $11. Supposedly they have no clue about the nationwide 'switch-carrier' wars and great deals that everyone who parks their number will lose. It's like a bunch of bright high school techs w/no life experience thought up this great little 'ether-world' niche idea but have no clue how to look at the bigger picture of parking a number. AWFUL

ps109
11/19/15

I wanted to port my cell phone number to them, but I couldnt. The fault lied with verizon not with NumberBarn.

Every time I contacted them they responded within the hour, I was extremely impressed with the professionalism and response time.

I also cancelled the port with no problem.

Event though I didnt end up using their service I would recommend them.

joev19
10/8/14

I'm saving $50 a month by canceling my old landline, and I can see the voicemail from the pig when someone calls. The telemarketers never leave a message. It's great because they never interrupt my shows at night any more.

brianm99
10/8/14

I was hesitant to cancel my old unused home phone service. I've had the number for 12 years! We rarely used it and it was getting expensive to keep. NumberBarn was cheap and I was surprised at how easy it was to sign up and transfer my number. So far notifications work great, I'm saving over $40 a month and I don't get all those spam telemarketer calls anymore.

Hi, Oswaldo! Our service does allow you to port a number to and from a mobile provider of your choice. The rate center of the number must be supported by each carrier, however. You can also forward your number with NumberBarn to an outside cell phone number.

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Hi Susan, You can always reach us by logging in to your NumberBarn account at www.numberbarn.com/login and using the contact form in the "Help" section, or by emailing us at support@numberbarn.com and one of our agents will assist you.

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Thank you for taking the time answering my question. Have a great day.

By E m.

Howdy, Jon! We have some great options for you here: https://www.numberbarn.com/search?type=local&npa=918&search=HURT The pricing will be found to the right of the numbers. If you have any questions about this, definitely reach out via email to support@numberbarn.com

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Shawn, yes, if you port your number to NumberBarn you can change your mind at any time and port it away to a service provider that can support you.

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Howdy, Serafino! We'd love to help you set up call forwarding with your number of 38 years. This guide will help walk you through how to do this: https://www.numberbarn.com/blog/how-to-port-forward-your-calls/

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Howdy, Curt! We'd love to help answer your questions. Please feel free to reach out to our customer support support at support@numberbarn.com.

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Howdy, James! You can most definitely transfer your landline to NumberBarn so long as the number is still active. We're happy to hold it for you! You can find step by step instructions on this process here: https://www.numberbarn.com/blog/how-to-port-and-park/

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Howdy, Craig! Our Park plan does not include call forwarding. If you are looking to transfer a number to NumberBarn and then use call forwarding, you'll want to look into our Call Forwarding services. You can find our step by step guide on this process here: https://www.numberbarn.com/blog/how-to-port-forward-your-calls/ If you run into any questions along the way, feel free to reach out to us via email to support@numberbarn.com.

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Hi! We'd love to investigate this with you. Please provide your email address or phone number to our customer support team via email to support@numberbarn.com. We look forward to helping!

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Questions? Get answers from the NumberBarn staff and other customers.

1 Photo for NumberBarn