Novant Health

Ratings On Other Platforms

Better Business Bureau
1.1 / 5

Novant Health has a consumer rating of 1 star from 10 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Novant Health ranks 121st among Doctors sites.

How would you rate Novant Health?

“The organizations goals are not the patient”

John S.
10/11/21

I use to work for them. The organization on a whole is consumed with profit margins with patient outcomes and experience being low on the list. I've actually heard administrators say exactly that in meetings. Employees are a revolving door easily replaced regardless of experience. It is top-heavy with administrators skimming the profits well they cut every aspect of actual patient care. It is the epitome of what is wrong with the corporatization of Medicine.

johns9601
October 11th, 2021

maryb3302
July 20th, 2021

I have had to be on the phone with Novant multiple times. I get put on hold and cut off after waiting long periods of times. Once you get a worker, they are nice. I think the phone system is rigged to get you frustrated and then give up, at least this is what it feels like. It is just weird that it happend repeatedly no matter what the call was for. Finally, when I need customer service about bill information I just say I want to pay a bill. Amazingly, I don't get cut off!

ashleya622
November 18th, 2021

Highly recommend not seeing Sun K Das. He did not listen to anything. Worst experience ever was also 40 min late to visit.

randyg248
July 7th, 2021

Went to the emergency room and a bloody gauze was laying in the floor. A lot of medical employees came out and they looked at it and walked by. During the bad part of covid people were in there with no mask even though it was required and spreading bad. Now and then a security guard would tell them to put it on and they never did so he just walked away. I was there for hours it was a nasty place ( Winston Salem Novant Hospital). Now I paid the doctors bill off and paying $100 a month for emergency room visit which was a joke but they have now sent the billing to a harassment collections agency. Horrible, horrible nasty place. I wouldn't go back even with insurance, they have a very bad reputation.

amarb7
June 8th, 2021

In October 2020 I was referred to Novant Health Charlotte & Rectal Surgery (1450 Matthews Township Pkwy Ste 355. Matthews, NC. 28105. Ph: *******259), and I was seen by Dr Anna B Johnson. I was referred due to abdominal pain. Dr Johnson performed a complete exam and shared that she didn't find anything, there is no bleeding or any other concern and asked me to follow up with my primary physician and said she will discharge me as no further treatment needed by her. About 10 to 15 minutes later she came back and said, she wants to perform a colonoscopy. I asked why this procedure is needed as she just explained few minutes back that no further treatment / procedure is needed. I asked few more follow up questions but She didn't answer and said she recommends colonoscopy. That was concerning as she contradicted herself and on top of that, she failed to give me any explanation
My 2nd question was, would my insurance cover the cost of the procedure and her response was that she will bill the insurance in a way that it will be covered.

About 3 weeks after the procedure, I started to receive bills from several different departments totaling about $6000 and later some of the bills even went to collections.
I've been trying to fight this with Novant for past 6 months and trying to ask why the procedure was recommended when initially I was told by the same doctor that no further treatment /procedure is needed. 2nd, I was lied to again when I was told the doctor will code the bill so nothing will come out of my pocket.

Later when filed a dispute, I was told by Novant that doctors don't control the billing. I understand that, but doctor do control not to order unnecessary procure just to make money. Patients trust the doctors for right advice, but when that advice turns into money making machine and greed takes over, then there are some serious ethical concerns.
I filed a complaint with Novant Risk department in December 2020. I make numerous attempts to speak to someone. Each time I called I was told that my case will be reviewed by the management and they will make a decision. It took them over 6 months to review my file. Finally, on 06/8/2021 I received a letter stating that my claim been denied and the procedure performed was appropriate.
This is absurd. Doctor Johnson clearly said that no further procedure or treatment needed. Apparently, she had instructions from her management to order procedure regardless its needed or not, Or she did it on her own. In either case, patients like me have to suffer.
I wanted to post this review so other patients can learn a lesson. This may prevent unethical and immoral practices by some greedy doctors or medical practices.

nachv
September 27th, 2021

Whose responsibility to contact patients about test results? I had an MRI for my lumbar. No contact about that and NO concern about my AAA OR LARGE BLADDER MASS!

sydneyp55
April 24th, 2020

This is probably the worst place you can go! I needed psychological therapy to deal with my anxiety and ptsd and was encouraged to do an outpatient therapy program which should have been covered. Skip forward months later with an almost $1000 bill which I shouldn't have had to begin with, and now I'm trying to figure out why something that should have been covered wasnt. Well then my insurance pays for it and then requests a refund, pays for it some more and requests another refund (they're horrible too) and finally they say that if it was supposed to be covered then the medical provider at Novant must've coded it wrong. But for the next 3 months and HOURS of calling trying to get the Insurance and Novant to 3 way call and just SPEAK WITH EACH OTHER, I finally suck it up and apply for financial assistance. Wait for weeks on that and receive a notice and phone call from a collection Agency. I call Novant to see why in the heck they send it to a collections agency when I'm trying to apply for assistance and it turns out after weeks... they never send it to the financial department. Skip forward to a couple hours later cause now I lit a fire under their butts only to receive notice that my bill wasn't expensive enough for them to assist. Oh and just a little extra something to top the cake, I called the therapist to ask for an explanation and his response was "we don't actually take care of you anymore after you leave our program, so yeah." What BS. Avoid at all cost unless you want to spend hours on the phone and still get nowhere, spend money you weren't supposed to in the first place and get dropped like a hat the moment your treatment is done. Might as well have just dealt with the suicidal thoughts and anxiety cause dealing with them sent me into relapses and I still owe money I shouldn't owe.

vonnb
May 20th, 2021

Most of the staff are rude or afraid. They tell out your information very loudly. I was told by employee that if they didn't tell out your address and insurance information the person would be written up by supervisor. I went to an appointment on May 11th and had labs and the physician said he would send prescription to pharmacy that day. Well it's May 20th and the prescription wasn't sent. I've called over 10 times and only had on callback five days later. I was told they were waiting on lab results. She said it was the lab fault and they would call as soon as they get results. THANK GOD I'M NOT A HEART PATIENT. I'D BE DEAD!

sm420
May 9th, 2019

I have had the most frustrating experience trying to get my accounts current. They have had my address wrong after me calling 4 different times to correct it. They turned well visits with a low copay over to collections. I never received any of the bills. I certainly would have paid them. When I call the automated number to make a payment it asked for an account number. I don't have an account number?! Argh! I have left messages for the billing person at my providers office with no return call. I do not want to ever visit a Novant facility again.

js347
December 30th, 2017

Novant overcharges patients and takes them to court for it. They will do anything for money. They ruin lives to make a profit. They have done this for years and need to know that it is unacceptable! Submit a complaint to the NC Department of Justice at http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/59be4357-41f3-4377-b10f-3e8bd532da5f/Complaint-Form.aspx. They will finally stop Novant from putting patients into lifelong debt!

Because I was stupid clearly. Novant is the worst and not worth your time or money.

By Sydney P.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Novant Health staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Novant Health?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.0
Have a question about Novant Health?