Novant Health

Novant Health has a consumer rating of 1 star from 3 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Novant Health also ranks 105th among Doctors sites. The most common issues with Novant Health are around returns, which are more complicated than expected by some customers.

How would you rate Novant Health?

“Ridiculous Care”

Sydney P.
4/24/20

This is probably the worst place you can go! I needed psychological therapy to deal with my anxiety and ptsd and was encouraged to do an outpatient therapy program which should have been covered. Skip forward months later with an almost $1000 bill which I shouldn't have had to begin with, and now I'm trying to figure out why something that should have been covered wasnt. Well then my insurance pays for it and then requests a refund, pays for it some more and requests another refund (they're horrible too) and finally they say that if it was supposed to be covered then the medical provider at Novant must've coded it wrong. But for the next 3 months and HOURS of calling trying to get the Insurance and Novant to 3 way call and just SPEAK WITH EACH OTHER, I finally suck it up and apply for financial assistance. Wait for weeks on that and receive a notice and phone call from a collection Agency. I call Novant to see why in the heck they send it to a collections agency when I'm trying to apply for assistance and it turns out after weeks... they never send it to the financial department. Skip forward to a couple hours later cause now I lit a fire under their butts only to receive notice that my bill wasn't expensive enough for them to assist. Oh and just a little extra something to top the cake, I called the therapist to ask for an explanation and his response was "we don't actually take care of you anymore after you leave our program, so yeah." What BS. Avoid at all cost unless you want to spend hours on the phone and still get nowhere, spend money you weren't supposed to in the first place and get dropped like a hat the moment your treatment is done. Might as well have just dealt with the suicidal thoughts and anxiety cause dealing with them sent me into relapses and I still owe money I shouldn't owe.

sydneyp55
April 24th, 2020
sm420
May 9th, 2019
I have had the most frustrating experience trying to get my accounts current. They have had my address wrong after me calling 4 different times to correct it. They turned well visits with a low copay over to collections. I never received any of the bills. I certainly would have paid them. When I call the automated number to make a payment it asked for an account number. I don't have an account number?! Argh!!! I have left messages for the billing person at my providers office with no return call. I do not want to ever visit a Novant facility again.
js347
December 30th, 2017
Novant overcharges patients and takes them to court for it. They will do anything for money. They ruin lives to make a profit. They have done this for years and need to know that it is unacceptable! Submit a complaint to the NC Department of Justice at http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/59be4357-41f3-4377-b10f-3e8bd532da5f/Complaint-Form.aspx. They will finally stop Novant from putting patients into lifelong debt!

Because I was stupid clearly. Novant is the worst and not worth your time or money.

By Sydney P.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Novant Health staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Novant Health?

Have a question about Novant Health?