Mayo Clinic Rochester reviews

Tel: +1-507-255-5123
mayoinfo@mayoclinic.com

ofeliab2
6/14/19
My primary doctor is at the Mayo Clinic Doctor Benjamin Cochran Jacksonville Florida location, so on April 10, 2019 I went in for what was a physical during my appointment the doctor said that it was time for me to schedule a colonoscopy so I did, the next available appointment was not until May 7th, well I had it done and they found a Polyp but did not take it out, so me worried and not understanding why it was not taken out I tried to reach out to my doctor but every time I was unsuccessful and every time I was given the run around or lied. Then finally on June 13, 2019 I received a call from Doctor Cope he was very apologetic that no one had reached out to me to explain the procedure, and said that he was going to have scheduling reach out to me to schedule to remove the polyp they found and explained why it was not removed. Okay so now I was feeling better until the scheduler said that I had to do an office visit again to get clearance because 30 days had passed, I said "what", you are billing me again? for this visit because no one reached out so that we can schedule the removal on time. Her answer was we are going to bill the insurance, yes but that is not free money, and I also have to pay again. And if you have been to Mayo Clinic it's not on the cheap, be careful too because they bill procedures wrong, my procedure was preventive, and they billed as a diagnostic. I have decided to find a more caring doctor practice I have never in my life dealt with so many people that showed no caring all they do is apologize for their mistakes but make you pay for them and that is just policy I was told by the last two ladies in scheduling Tomesha Tunsel, and Felicia Foster. Stay Away if you can.
stephenp28
5/9/19
Just weeks out from double cataract surgery with the inimitable Dr. James Garrity, M.D. (ophthalmology): Went from extremely near sighted (for 50+ years) to visual acuity of 20/15 - with distance vision IOL (intraocular lens) implants that provide exceptional clarity from computer to horizon. I do have post-surgery glasses with clear lenses atop a reading power, but use them occasionally and only for extremely close reading purposes.

Dr. Garrity and staff (notably, Ms. Cheryl Gwynn, C.O.A) were exceptionally personable, informative, empathetic, and responsive to all my many inquiries (both pre- and post-op)... and both surgeries were expedient, painless, and thoughtfully administered with the utmost care and consideration.

I have had multiple surgeries at the Mayo over the years - spinal, cancer, urological,and now ophthalmological - and have never failed to received the quintessential patient consideration and outcomes: Dr. Garrity continues to uphold that stellar standard, time and time again...
genes89
10/9/17
AN excellent source for anyone looking for information on health issues, medications, options and more.
Use it regularly.
innov11
9/11/17
Wow, what a terrible experience. I saw Dr. Michael Feinstein at the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, Arizona. He looks like hes 80 years old. Im not kidding. I would think with a lot of experience. He sent me downstairs for lots of blood tests. He got the results and a week later had me back for lots more blood tests. So, I finally get the phone call from his assistant who doesnt leave her name stating, Stop taking the Synthroid. Theres only one problem with that. I am 60 years old and have never taken Synthroid. So I call them and leave a message. They return the call again without name and say they made a mistake, Stop taking Crestor. Ive never taken Crestor either. I never go back or call back again. Then, I get the bills. SEE THE ATTACHED. This goes on for over a year. I dont owe anything but I better pay it by tomorrow or else! In July, I get on a three way call with my insurance company and Mayo Clinic. Mayo Clinic finally says all set, youre all paid up, no more bills. Then, three months later I get another bill. What a bunch of clowns? I could have gotten treated badly like this anywhere. Why go to the Mayo clinic?

Tip for consumers: Try somewhere else.

debbief25
11/30/15
This site is very good for medical information so that one can be informed when going to the doctor.

Exceptional quality of care, compassion, and outcomes!

By Stephen P.

Exceptionally easy, both via phone and their website!

By Stephen P.
Questions? Get answers from the Mayo Clinic Rochester staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Mayo Clinic Rochester