NitroTek

NitroTek has a consumer rating of 4.16 stars from 558 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. NitroTek also ranks 1st among Remote Control Cars sites.

• It is terrific to have a hobby shop like Nitrotek in town.
  • Easy to use website at a great price, couldn't be happier.

• Arguments back and forth ensued, but their customer service has been terrible.
  • I bought my son a rc car from nitro tec last christmas.
How would you rate NitroTek?

“Ebike um”

Dave P.
2/18/20

Bought a Zipper ebike from Nitrotek in October. Arrived on time, easy to assemble and I absolutely loved it, used it most days for fun and for avoiding horrendous parking charges in town. Only downside was someone else also loved it - enough to steal it from my garage. They could've stolen my Jag or my motorbike but no, the Zipper was more appealing. I've just ordered a replacement - when it arrives I'll sleep with it under my pillow so this one doesn't get stolen.

“Very poor after sales service”

Barry S.
2/10/20

Very poor after sales service. You cannot call them but have to raise a ticket which then takes several days before a response a received. Then you get pre formed responses fobbing you off assuming you are as stupid as they are. They have my money and will not give me my money back. They apparently have to inspect (at cost to the customer) the returned faulty product first which has now been over a 6 weeks and each time I ask for an update, the same pre formed reply - it's in an inspection queue. The Birthday was mid December, it's now nearly mid Feb!!!! GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK and I'll get the car somewhere else.

customer service (51) rc car (64) trading standards (13) hobby shop (11) use website (10) sons birthday (8) day delivery (8) excellent service (15) rc toys (8) 5 stars (7) company (91) rc models (7)
andriusd
September 15th, 2019
Good overall website easy to find parts if you know to you are looking for hopefully fast enough deliver with them. Would recommend to anyone
johns3653
February 23rd, 2019
Got a 450 RC helicopter kit, which when arrived boxed was unsealed and slightly damaged, opened it up to find that the kit looked used and was about 75% completely built, which in this case is ideal as the only instruction for the build is on a CD Rom, so had to find external CD reader only to find the instruction on first glance are almost completely useless depending on skill level so would no recommend for beginner's, if I didn't buy this on sale I would be pretty pissed
bekaw
January 2nd, 2019
Ordered and paid for rc car with ease. It arrived really quickly. Great! Gave as a gift on Christmas Day and unfortunately over a week later it still doesn't work. Communication between the site and myself is awful. They are really slow to return information and nothing is being sorted out. I have a very unhappy son and I'll be returning the item as soon as I can get response from them as to how I do this!!
akila
November 7th, 2018
Bad no loyalty point after my 1st car now had to get a second one because the cars are not under warranty i have had it for 1day literly that is wrong u couldn't even help me in anyway to much difficulties with ur company u have got to try helping us costermers that's 270 pound in 2 days but no help from yourselfs
mikew532
October 24th, 2018
I ordered and it said that it would be one day delivery if ordered before 1 o'clock on a working day. It still has not arrived two days later. WHERE IS MY RC CAR !!!!!
gabiw
July 31st, 2018
Fast delivery of RC car however bits missing from my original order. Problems with transmitter, problems with glow starter. I will have to pay to replace the junk that came with the car
philips163
July 27th, 2018
Several days later and refund is still 'pending' ... it turns out that my refund could take up to 30 days if paid via Paypal from a bank account ... )o:
krisd35
January 29th, 2018
I purchased a car for my boys 9th birthday which was great then it stopped working literally 5 minutes out the box that's when the hassle starts I bought it around the 10-12-2017 it's now 29-1-18 I still have no car and no refund and to top it all off you cant actually speak to anyone it's all done through email which is convenient for them. Personally I won't be back.
chrish276
February 1st, 2017
I brought a couple cars from nitrotek with in 3 weeks both cars broke, steering servo on both. Contacted them through the ticket system well what a load of *$#@ 7 days in and still no closer to any sort of solution. Problem could of been sorted in a day or two of they actually looked at and replied to emails a little more promptly issues would be solved far quicker and a lot less complaints.My order id 300011978
richarda62
March 4th, 2015
I bought an RC helicopter as a Christmas gift, boxing day the rear rotor failed. I contacted Nitrotek who told me to take it apart and fiddle with it and if that didn't work to send i back for a bit of professional fiddling. I sent the item back (at my cost) asking for a refund because it was not fit for purpose. I was informed the item had been damaged in the post and I needed to pay for the repairs.
I would not recommend buying from this company!

Hi Chloe You can only deal this this dodgy outfit by email and good luck it will be your fault it's broke. Thanks john Am still trying 1 year on ha

By John t.
See more answers (9)

Avoid! If anything is wrong with it, you'll get every excuse under the sun for them to deal with it. Plus you#ll have to pay for the return postage, which is illegal btw, pay for the inspection and pay for the return postage! I've been waiting 6 weeks to get my money back for a car that was sent back faulty

By Barry S.
See more answers (4)

Good man. I think they are scum, modelsport all the way nitrotek in desperation

By Darren M.

Hi, if you have any questions about delivery times please contact support@nitrotek.co.uk

By Lauren K.,

Is it genuine

THIS IS A RIP OFF COMPANY I'VE HAD A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE! I was well within the 14 day refund period but they have totally ignored the refund request I entered on their website. YOU CAN NOT CONTACT THIS COMPANY BY TELEPHONE!! It is a case of what you purchased from them, you are on your own to repair or in my case LOOSE £479.00!!

By Rich W.

You will have to go through their bull$#*! fresh desk email system which is just an excuse to give you the run-around for the next two or three months during which time you get so pissed off (which is what they are counting on) or you up the anti with a "letter before action" (google it!) and threaten to take them to the small claims court which is the only reason I got a refund. I was still down about fifteen quid for postage costs that they never refunded but I cut my losses and ran. Now I just badmouth them every chance I get so people will stay away from them. Good luck, you'll need it!"

By R B.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the NitroTek staff and other customers.

Find a big range of petrol, electric and nitro RC cars, planes and radio controlled helicopters with free UK next day delivery and the lowest prices guaranteed.

laurenk46
Lauren K.
Customer service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NitroTek?

Have a question about NitroTek?