NitroTek

NitroTek has a consumer rating of 4.06 stars from 638 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. NitroTek also ranks 1st among Remote Control Cars sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 82.7%

• Exelent service easy to use website stocked many parts will definitely be back for more stuff when needed
  • I came there with my new RC nitro car I had trouble with.

• Arguments back and forth ensued, but their customer service has been terrible.
  • I bought my son a rc car from nitro tec last christmas.
How would you rate NitroTek?

“Ebike um”

Dave P.
2/18/20

Bought a Zipper ebike from Nitrotek in October. Arrived on time, easy to assemble and I absolutely loved it, used it most days for fun and for avoiding horrendous parking charges in town. Only downside was someone else also loved it - enough to steal it from my garage. They could've stolen my Jag or my motorbike but no, the Zipper was more appealing. I've just ordered a replacement - when it arrives I'll sleep with it under my pillow so this one doesn't get stolen.

“Placed an order for parts five weeks ago, chased, still no response”

Simon W.
7/31/20

I've bought two cars from Nitrotek, and now need some spare parts - I placed an order over five weeks ago, with payment taken immediately. I've chased three times via email to their support desk as there's no other way of contacting them whilst they work from home, but have received no response. One of the cars cannot be used until the parts arrive. Customer service needs to improve greatly if you want repeat custom.

customer service (59) rc car (67) use website (13) nitro car (21) trading standards (13) excellent service (18) hobby shop (11) sons birthday (8) day delivery (8) 3 weeks (7) rc toys (8) order number (43)
simonw361
July 31st, 2020
davids3610
April 15th, 2020
I would avoid This company I believe strongly it has the worst customer services I've even spoken to.
Rude blunt and not fair
brendaf289
May 15th, 2020
The car I ordered came broken. It had a screw sheared off on the clutch holder. Company was not willing to help. Now I find that parts are not readily available and of course there is absolutely no customer service.
andrewl805
May 20th, 2020
I orderd a clutch bell and spur gear both in same order the spur gear has arrived no clutch bell have no reply no contact in over a week

Tip for consumers: Do not bother I gave them a second chance as first experience was bad wish I had never bothered

kc439
February 26th, 2020
Ref:130018177

Ref: 130018177
Easy web site to navigate. Was happy with transaction. Just needed it to be delivered so had to review again as delivery wasn't as smooth as online purchase.....Not so happy now. Fuel provided leaked from an apparently sealed bottle all over everything in box. Drove once with 1/10 scale model and its never started again. Contacted this company but no joy, loads of replies but no mention of getting it sorted. Internet only company. No customer service to talk to. One needs to email everything but gets no real positive responses. Made me feel like I did something wrong. I will never recommend or use this lot ever again. Most expensive paper weight I've ever purchased yet. STAY AWAY! Go to a real model RC shop, deal with real people face to face.
barrys243
February 10th, 2020
Very poor after sales service. You cannot call them but have to raise a ticket which then takes several days before a response a received. Then you get pre formed responses fobbing you off assuming you are as stupid as they are. They have my money and will not give me my money back. They apparently have to inspect (at cost to the customer) the returned faulty product first which has now been over a 6 weeks and each time I ask for an update, the same pre formed reply - it's in an inspection queue. The Birthday was mid December, it's now nearly mid Feb!!!! GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK and I'll get the car somewhere else.
neils208
February 28th, 2020
Terrible customer service when it comes to getting a refund on a return. It has taken me a month to get back £350, and that had to be done via paypal. There is no direct number to speak to customer support, only an email address who won't reply more than once a day. Would recommend steering clear!!
chiraagp
July 8th, 2020
100% do not use these guys. Absolutely appalling service all round. Ordered a electric off road racing car for my sons 15th Bday, placed order 5 weeks prior to his birthday, delivery expected 3 weeks later, never arrived - delays - luckily it arrived a few days before his Bday. Chased multiple times prior to order, dates changed multiple times! Delivery - nicely packaged with instructions, easy to follow instructions. First use - great experience on grass for 20 mins, then realised front wheel was bent. Inspected closely, screw missing on one of the axels. Contacted Nitrotek, sent pictures upon reply, they blamed me/my son for crashing it. Honestly speaking, no hard impacts at first use. They td me I had to order screws at my own expense, no other option, due to impact driving, and not covered under warranty. 2 weeks of going back and forth arguing, no sensible resolution. Ordered screws, only £5, but that's not the point, one week later, nothing. Still waiting. 3 weeks on from sons Bday, and he still can't use a present he wanted, costing £170. Shambles. No customer service........ Argos is better
davidb4668
July 24th, 2020
can u give a update on this order u guys say u ship the same day been 3 days and havent heard nothing #*******204 $328.00 thanks dave
edwardb449
March 23rd, 2020
you think you are saving money because the prices are low. think again, as soon as things go wrong you are losing with this company, very poor communication, the returns service is a joke i lost £19.64 when i returned a still sealed in the box model i bought twice when my computer froze up ted b
andrewp985
April 1st, 2020
Really good website full of information and details of products. Hopefully delivery will be as efficient and I am looking forward to this and future orders

Delivery was efficient. But Day 2 the item failed.

Trying to get the item returned was an absolute nightmare. Even then they try to fob me off that a technician needs to inspect and report before the next course of action is decided. At this point I reminded them of the Distance Selling Laws which apply here in the UK and that I am entitled to a full refund within 14 days of ordering which this was. If they ignore this there are several options to me which will be considered
drevond
June 2nd, 2020
Not at the moment ,can I explain anything about my package., because I have not recieved yet in the package at my residence.
barryw145
November 25th, 2019
This company's after sales service is one of the worst I have ever come across . The RC which was sold had a one way bearing which seized after a couple of pulls on the starter cord . Their so called fault finding correspondence went round in circles with them not wanting to admit any liability as far as parts were concerned. We even sent a video of trying to start the RC with the pull cord not retracting. Being an engineer it was obvious what the problem was even though I had no experience with RC's . We bought the new part from ebay and the car engine now starts. After asking for a refund for the price of the bearing, we were told that because we didn't purchase it from Nitrotek , they wouldn't refund the cost of the replacement part. Bearing in mind that we spent 3 weeks following their so called fault finding and eventually losing patience , their excuse not to refund us didn't come as a surprise. Avoid this company if you expect reasonable after sales service.
gavinb32
January 14th, 2019
I would not recommend this company to anyone, their products don't work properly and the after sales is scandalous, you might get a response from them after about 4 weeks of trying to get hold of them. And when you do have contact they just give you the run around and then stop contact with you. They are a pathetic excuse for a company, you might aswell throw your money away when buying from nitrotek. THEY ARE A SHOWER OF S**T. #300011189 for Order #300024498
johnb2737
June 30th, 2019
Rude, arrogant and terrible customer service. Accused of damaging the car, won't refund and can speak to anyone expect through email. Shocking. AVOID
harryl97
May 29th, 2019
Terrible company, cheap rubbish imports that break, and it's 99% impossible to get a refund.
Truly terrible place, can't believe how bad they treat there customers
tp113
January 17th, 2019
Very poor customer after sales service
Faceless company
Don't answer queries properly
My purchase has had a number of problems and as yet still not started
darrenm96
July 19th, 2019
I'm only buying from nitrotek coz I can't find the product in China in in UK. Wot sort of a part company can't u fone? Crappy nitrotek. When I bought my cyclone I couldn't call them & find out any tracking information. If u want parts advice u gotta message, they normally return a message that annoys me. If u fone modelsport u could wait 15mins in a que, because they advise you like a friend even if there's no sale. Nitrotek won't do that. They make u wait up 48hr & incourage to buy only from them them
danc317
November 23rd, 2018
I bought a RC car for my sons birthday, which turned out to be faulty and did not work. I returned the car and was refused a full refund because I didn't have a post / tracking number for the returned car even though they received the car and I provided the receipt (even though I paid online and they had record of the purchase themselves.

Disgusting behavior. I've reported them to trading standards!!

Avoid at all cost!
richw24
June 14th, 2017
I spent £479.00 on a R/C car. It arrived all ok but after 1 run, I've had endless electrical problems. The company say on their website that they honour a returns, refund policy but they don't.

You can't phone them and they've ignored all requests for a refund through their online system.

I'm now stuck with an unusable car.

Can't believe they are allowed to operate in this way. It's supposed to be against the law.
mylesg7
August 14th, 2018
I ordered a remote control car for Xmas 2017/18. Unfortunately it stopped working and was asked to send it back. They found the fault but said it wasnt a manufacturing problem so i was liable for the postage! As i have never got it working and is exactly as it came out of the box, i can't understand why i have to pay for the postage to return it back to me. I have no option to fork out £25 to get it back. Not impressed with the customer service...

Order no #100056899.
adamb314
June 12th, 2018
Buggy stopped working after only a few uses.
I emailed several times to ask how i return the faulty item and still no response.
julianh30
February 8th, 2017
My experience of Nitrotek (relating to support case 44385 is disgusting). They sell faulty goods, after sales only via email (they say there is no phones.. how convenient!), Item under a month old and faulty, so under warranty, they force us to pay for return postage, their responses are dishonest, and basically trying to steal my money... DO NOT SHOP here.. I'M DISGUSTED at how dishonest they are!
harryl46
January 13th, 2017
Honestly don't use nitrotek

The worst service I have ever had

Truly awful experience and service, wished I had read the reviews, looks like I'm not alone, other review sites they get a huge number of the negative reviews removed

It's crazy they have not been shut down

How many more poor folk will be conned out of there money with cheap unreliable products with ZERO customer service or any care from this awful company y

Stay away you have been warned!!

Tip for consumers: Please don't use this company

ja35323
July 19th, 2017
Like many others I purchased an item for my sons birthday but this was faulty from the start. They have no phone lines to actually speak to anyone, only via online support tickets which takes ages to gain responses from. I sent the item back which has been inspected by there technician and guess what, it has no faults and they will not refund any money. The rc car does not turn so I don't understand how they can say this. Will be taking this to the small claims court. STAY AWAY!!!

Tip for consumers: STAYAWAY

Hi Chloe You can only deal this this dodgy outfit by email and good luck it will be your fault it's broke. Thanks john Am still trying 1 year on ha

By John t.
See more answers (9)

Avoid! If anything is wrong with it, you'll get every excuse under the sun for them to deal with it. Plus you#ll have to pay for the return postage, which is illegal btw, pay for the inspection and pay for the return postage! I've been waiting 6 weeks to get my money back for a car that was sent back faulty

By Barry S.
See more answers (4)

Hi, if you have any questions about delivery times please contact support@nitrotek.co.uk

By Lauren K.,
See more answers (2)

I just preordered also but my experience has been okay I guess every experience is different dont let someone else get you worried let it play out and then you make your own decisions.

By Ebone B.

Is it genuine

Yes got my car with free next day shipping and works great. The car is still breaking in but nothing negative I can say about the car and my overall experience with nitrotek!! :)

By John F.

Good man. I think they are scum, modelsport all the way nitrotek in desperation

By Darren M.

THIS IS A RIP OFF COMPANY I'VE HAD A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE! I was well within the 14 day refund period but they have totally ignored the refund request I entered on their website. YOU CAN NOT CONTACT THIS COMPANY BY TELEPHONE!! It is a case of what you purchased from them, you are on your own to repair or in my case LOOSE £479.00!!

By Rich W.

You will have to go through their bull$#*! fresh desk email system which is just an excuse to give you the run-around for the next two or three months during which time you get so pissed off (which is what they are counting on) or you up the anti with a "letter before action" (google it!) and threaten to take them to the small claims court which is the only reason I got a refund. I was still down about fifteen quid for postage costs that they never refunded but I cut my losses and ran. Now I just badmouth them every chance I get so people will stay away from them. Good luck, you'll need it!"

By R B.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the NitroTek staff and other customers.

Find a big range of petrol, electric and nitro RC cars, planes and radio controlled helicopters with free UK next day delivery and the lowest prices guaranteed.

laurenk46
Lauren K.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NitroTek?

Have a question about NitroTek?