NitroTek

NitroTek has a consumer rating of 4.16 stars from 659 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. NitroTek also ranks 1st among Remote Control Cars sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 80.9%

• Exelent service easy to use website stocked many parts will definitely be back for more stuff when needed
  • I came there with my new RC nitro car I had trouble with.

• Arguments back and forth ensued, but their customer service has been terrible.
  • I bought my son a rc car from nitro tec last christmas.
How would you rate NitroTek?

“Ebike um”

Dave P.
2/18/20

Bought a Zipper ebike from Nitrotek in October. Arrived on time, easy to assemble and I absolutely loved it, used it most days for fun and for avoiding horrendous parking charges in town. Only downside was someone else also loved it - enough to steal it from my garage. They could've stolen my Jag or my motorbike but no, the Zipper was more appealing. I've just ordered a replacement - when it arrives I'll sleep with it under my pillow so this one doesn't get stolen.

“Placed an order for parts five weeks ago, chased, still no response”

Simon W.
7/31/20

I've bought two cars from Nitrotek, and now need some spare parts - I placed an order over five weeks ago, with payment taken immediately. I've chased three times via email to their support desk as there's no other way of contacting them whilst they work from home, but have received no response. One of the cars cannot be used until the parts arrive. Customer service needs to improve greatly if you want repeat custom.

customer service (61) rc car (68) use website (14) trading standards (13) nitro car (21) excellent service (18) hobby shop (11) sons birthday (9) day delivery (9) great service (16) company (102) rc toys (8)
simonw361
July 31st, 2020
davids3610
April 15th, 2020
I would avoid This company I believe strongly it has the worst customer services I've even spoken to.
Rude blunt and not fair
danielc1825
August 7th, 2020
Goods never received after paying for next day delivery, no maned phone line, no reply to emails! Ordered goods for my sons birthday and paid extra for next day delivery, still nothing received, not dispatch tracking as stated, no reply to emails, phone line not manned and doesn't allow for a message! Terrible service for an online company, do not trust I will be claiming my refund through Paypal.
brendaf289
May 15th, 2020
The car I ordered came broken. It had a screw sheared off on the clutch holder. Company was not willing to help. Now I find that parts are not readily available and of course there is absolutely no customer service.
andrewl805
May 20th, 2020
I orderd a clutch bell and spur gear both in same order the spur gear has arrived no clutch bell have no reply no contact in over a week

Tip for consumers: Do not bother I gave them a second chance as first experience was bad wish I had never bothered

kc439
February 26th, 2020
Ref: 130018177

Ref: 130018177
Easy web site to navigate. Was happy with transaction. Just needed it to be delivered so had to review again as delivery wasn't as smooth as online purchase... Not so happy now. Fuel provided leaked from an apparently sealed bottle all over everything in box. Drove once with 1/10 scale model and its never started again. Contacted this company but no joy, loads of replies but no mention of getting it sorted. Internet only company. No customer service to talk to. One needs to email everything but gets no real positive responses. Made me feel like I did something wrong. I will never recommend or use this lot ever again. Most expensive paper weight I've ever purchased yet. STAY AWAY! Go to a real model RC shop, deal with real people face to face.
ashleyl413
August 10th, 2020
Emailed twice asking for a date of delivery still no response been a week. Tried emailing both email
barrys243
February 10th, 2020
Very poor after sales service. You cannot call them but have to raise a ticket which then takes several days before a response a received. Then you get pre formed responses fobbing you off assuming you are as stupid as they are. They have my money and will not give me my money back. They apparently have to inspect (at cost to the customer) the returned faulty product first which has now been over a 6 weeks and each time I ask for an update, the same pre formed reply - it's in an inspection queue. The Birthday was mid December, it's now nearly mid Feb! GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK and I'll get the car somewhere else.
neils208
February 28th, 2020
Terrible customer service when it comes to getting a refund on a return. It has taken me a month to get back £350, and that had to be done via paypal. There is no direct number to speak to customer support, only an email address who won't reply more than once a day. Would recommend steering clear!
michaelg2373
August 6th, 2020
Well they took 445 GBP then told me they had my money but there was an error so what i ordered wasnt being sentvand i had to contact them but they aren't there according to their phone number
chiraagp
July 8th, 2020
For someone that buys a lot of goods online I must say this firm is the worst I have come across. Absolute appalling customer service. Though the goods may seem good, other sites are mush better, Ordered spare parts from a competitor and they came within days, even had questions so called them and they were extremely helpful. Nitrotek on the other hand have forwarded me the same response via email4 times - on each occasion they have totally avoided my questions. Rude on the phone as well - luckily they are based up north or I would hunt them down and demand answers. CRAP
davidb4668
July 24th, 2020
Can u give a update on this order u guys say u ship the same day been 3 days and havent heard nothing #*******204 $328.00 thanks dave
edwardb449
March 23rd, 2020
You think you are saving money because the prices are low. Think again, as soon as things go wrong you are losing with this company, very poor communication, the returns service is a joke i lost £19.64 when i returned a still sealed in the box model i bought twice when my computer froze up ted b
markd1531
August 9th, 2020
No email that works, no phone that works, no shipping updates, not delivered when expected.
Horrible for an online company.
michaelm5278
August 27th, 2020
AT THE MOMENT VERY WORRIED ABOUT MY ORDER OF A SCOOTER, CANNOT GET A REPLY AND 2 E. MAILS HAVE BEEN SENT BACK. SINCE PAYING HAVE NOT HAD ANY RESPONSE FROM THEM.
andrewp985
April 1st, 2020
Really good website full of information and details of products. Hopefully delivery will be as efficient and I am looking forward to this and future orders

Delivery was efficient. But Day 2 the item failed.

Trying to get the item returned was an absolute nightmare. Even then they try to fob me off that a technician needs to inspect and report before the next course of action is decided. At this point I reminded them of the Distance Selling Laws which apply here in the UK and that I am entitled to a full refund within 14 days of ordering which this was. If they ignore this there are several options to me which will be considered
michaelb4728
August 11th, 2020
It been over 2weeks no response from them they took my money the very second I clicked purchase but I got to contact them the email no good they don't have a good phone number this is looking like I been robbed! I hope not
drevond
June 2nd, 2020
Not at the moment, can I explain anything about my package., because I have not recieved yet in the package at my residence.
barryw145
November 25th, 2019
This company's after sales service is one of the worst I have ever come across. The RC which was sold had a one way bearing which seized after a couple of pulls on the starter cord. Their so called fault finding correspondence went round in circles with them not wanting to admit any liability as far as parts were concerned. We even sent a video of trying to start the RC with the pull cord not retracting. Being an engineer it was obvious what the problem was even though I had no experience with RC's. We bought the new part from ebay and the car engine now starts. After asking for a refund for the price of the bearing, we were told that because we didn't purchase it from Nitrotek, they wouldn't refund the cost of the replacement part. Bearing in mind that we spent 3 weeks following their so called fault finding and eventually losing patience, their excuse not to refund us didn't come as a surprise. Avoid this company if you expect reasonable after sales service.
gavinb32
January 14th, 2019
I would not recommend this company to anyone, their products don't work properly and the after sales is scandalous, you might get a response from them after about 4 weeks of trying to get hold of them. And when you do have contact they just give you the run around and then stop contact with you. They are a pathetic excuse for a company, you might aswell throw your money away when buying from nitrotek. THEY ARE A SHOWER OF S**T. #300011189 for Order #300024498
johnb2737
June 30th, 2019
Rude, arrogant and terrible customer service. Accused of damaging the car, won't refund and can speak to anyone expect through email. Shocking. AVOID
harryl97
May 29th, 2019
Terrible company, cheap rubbish imports that break, and it's 99% impossible to get a refund.
Truly terrible place, can't believe how bad they treat there customers
tp113
January 17th, 2019
Very poor customer after sales service
Faceless company
Don't answer queries properly
My purchase has had a number of problems and as yet still not started
darrenm96
July 19th, 2019
I'm only buying from nitrotek coz I can't find the product in China in in UK. Wot sort of a part company can't u fone? Crappy nitrotek. When I bought my cyclone I couldn't call them & find out any tracking information. If u want parts advice u gotta message, they normally return a message that annoys me. If u fone modelsport u could wait 15mins in a que, because they advise you like a friend even if there's no sale. Nitrotek won't do that. They make u wait up 48hr & incourage to buy only from them them
danc317
November 23rd, 2018
I bought a RC car for my sons birthday, which turned out to be faulty and did not work. I returned the car and was refused a full refund because I didn't have a post / tracking number for the returned car even though they received the car and I provided the receipt (even though I paid online and they had record of the purchase themselves.

Disgusting behavior. I've reported them to trading standards!

Avoid at all cost!

Hi Chloe You can only deal this this dodgy outfit by email and good luck it will be your fault it's broke. Thanks john Am still trying 1 year on ha

By John t.
See more answers (9)

Avoid! If anything is wrong with it, you'll get every excuse under the sun for them to deal with it. Plus you#ll have to pay for the return postage, which is illegal btw, pay for the inspection and pay for the return postage! I've been waiting 6 weeks to get my money back for a car that was sent back faulty

By Barry S.