Review of NitroTek

company@nitrotek.co.uk

113 reviews with 1 star

darrenm96
7/19/19

I'm only buying from nitrotek coz I can't find the product in China in in UK. Wot sort of a part company can't u fone? Crappy nitrotek. When I bought my cyclone I couldn't call them & find out any tracking information. If u want parts advice u gotta message, they normally return a message that annoys me. If u fone modelsport u could wait 15mins in a que, because they advise you like a friend even if there's no sale. Nitrotek won't do that. They make u wait up 48hr & incourage to buy only from them them

johnb2737
6/30/19

Rude, arrogant and terrible customer service. Accused of damaging the car, won't refund and can speak to anyone expect through email. Shocking. AVOID

harryl97
5/29/19

Terrible company, cheap rubbish imports that break, and it's 99% impossible to get a refund.
Truly terrible place, can't believe how bad they treat there customers

mp244
2/11/19

Disgusting customer service
Products that dont work
Customer service wont give you a straight answer
Take you money and dont care
Worst Company I have ever dealt with, avoid if you dont want to be disappointed

jp493
1/29/19

After a very expensive purchase quickly went faulty, it was like pulling teeth trying to get this company to help..... happy to help to make your purchase, that's where the service ends....

lizb200
1/18/19

Just before xmas bought RC Tank online, took my money then told me it was out of stock, 10 mins later phoned me to let me know they had found one in stockroom? A couple of day later it arrived, although had a few scratches, looked like it had been returned by a customer hence it not being on the system. Anyway hubby started to mess with it and soon realised the gun DID NOT shoot the BB bullets, phoned them and was told to email after sales and so the fun began!!! Emailed them and you get a ticket which they answer after 24hrs!!! They told me numerous times we must be doing something wrong ( we are a company that rebuilds ex mod land rovers so think we can manage how to use a tank!). So after about 15 emails and snotty phone calls, they dont like to speak to you about faulty items on the phone...COWARDS! I was told to return the tank, I did in original packaging. The technical report said it was faulty, which they corrected BUT ( and this seems to be a regular thing with them) the transmitter was damaged in transit. I asked for pictures of damaged box, it wasnt damaged at all, just a pic of a bloke holding broken aerial for transmitter. They wanted £44.99 for repairs!!!!! I have NO PROOF it was broken in transit so couldnt claim from courier. $#*! Turpin is alive and well running this business!! After another 10 or so emails ( usually TOM) they would not budge and said they would send tank back BROKEN! this thing cost £230.00 so I had no option but to pay £44.99. This is atrocious after sales service, I only sent the thing back because IT WAS FAULTY! When we sell a Land Rover and they bring it back with a problem we fix it for free.... never never never use this company!!!!

tp113
1/17/19

Very poor customer after sales service
Faceless company
Don't answer queries properly
My purchase has had a number of problems and as yet still not started

gavinb32
1/14/19

I would not recommend this company to anyone, their products don't work properly and the after sales is scandalous, you might get a response from them after about 4 weeks of trying to get hold of them. And when you do have contact they just give you the run around and then stop contact with you. They are a pathetic excuse for a company, you might aswell throw your money away when buying from nitrotek. THEY ARE A SHOWER OF S**T. #300011189 for Order #300024498

markw646
12/19/18

I have been let down by nitrotec twice now and am not happy they are a cowboy site who let you order stuff which shows is in stock on the site and then cancel your order and don't even let you know not professional at all your refund can take 5 working days to go in aswell I had to borrow money the second time because the first one had not gone in my bank i spoke to tom on the second time I ordered and got him to confirm the nitro car was in stock and he assured me it was as this is a Christmas present and my second attempt this was on Friday 14/12/18 I rang up today 19/12/18 and got trough to tom and ask him where my car was and all he could say is your order has been cancelled it's not in stock and they made know contact with me to let me know and now I am fuming Because he assured me it was in stock now they have left me stuck for Christmas it's my boys main Christmas present and he is upset there just not bothered will never use this site again and tom is a smarmy liar and I am still waiting for my refund!!! They only sent this email when I rang to see where my order was really bad customer care !!!!!

jasonr316
11/23/18

Please do not waste your money buying anything from this lot they are vile . If you have a problem with your purchase they do not want to know and try and make out you have done something wrong . The crap they are selling is cheap for a reason steer well clear of them .

danc317
11/23/18

I bought a RC car for my sons birthday, which turned out to be faulty and did not work. I returned the car and was refused a full refund because I didn't have a post / tracking number for the returned car even though they received the car and I provided the receipt (even though I paid online and they had record of the purchase themselves.

Disgusting behavior. I've reported them to trading standards!!

Avoid at all cost!

simone42
10/25/18

The RC car was my boys birthday in March 18. After 10mins of use one of the wheel axles appeared to have broken. We sent in photos and they diagnosed the issue, telling is we needed 2 spare parts which we then tried to order, but they were out of stock. In Sept they finally arrived and I took the axle off to discover that it wasn't broken. The problem was there was a screw was missing. I requested they send me some screws (free) so I could fix the car and they refused. Initially they said it was our fault we did not do a full service check on the car before we used it. Then they decided it was out of warranty even though we waited 6 months for the parts to arrive!!. What makes me so angry is that we are arguing over a 10p screw. Why would any company, who cared in the slightest about their customers being happy, not pop a screw in the post? They insisted i pay £6.30 (including postage) to fix a faulty car that they supplied. The wretched, pathetic, money grabbing ethos behind this company should be a warning to anyone - buy elsewhere - find a company with a shred of decency to do business with!!

alanr151
10/18/18

hi its Alan i ordered a battery from you on saturday13 October and i have not received any word from you about my delivery order no 100064687 thanks Alan

patrickn58
10/13/18

Do not use this company. They are a decade behind other online merchants in terms of levels of service and attitude to customers. They do not care.

I ordered an RC tank for my sons birthday and it didn't work. It made me as the father feel awful as he was incredibly disappointed.

I ordered immediately another one from Amazon which arrived the next day and worked straight away.

I returned the broken article to Nitrotek.

They refused to refund.

They sent a report on the item admitting the receiver they sent was faulty. But they refused to refund.

They based their refusal by saying another component had been damaged in transit back to them and this was my fault.

There are a few problems with this:

1) it could have been originally sent in this damaged condition, the receiver was.
2) it could have been damaged during transit to me, I took a picture of the box on arrival it was battered.
3) Is it really damaged? I asked twice for a picture of it, they never sent me one.

Note you cannot talk to anybody, everything is by email. They wait for 24 hours before they reply to emails.

I've resorted to making a section 75 claim on my credit card.

Internet commerce thrives by building and sustaining a reputation for reliability. This company will not last another 12 months.

Don't be sucked in by positive trustpilot reviews. They offer a discount following purchase if you leave a 5 star review!i was suckered into this one.

Do not use this company.

jamesl678
9/28/18

The remote doesn't work with this car, I know that isn't directly your fault but what I think is appalling is the fact that you have a sales line to generate more money for the company, but you don't have a customer support line, just an email address which I will have to wait up to 24 hours for a reply.

jm483
9/14/18

Rude and unhelpfull staff. Errors in there system and blamed customer. The worst company I have ever had to deal with. Save your money and go elsewhere.

stewartm49
9/8/18

I have bought multiple cars from this company and to begin with they are fast at delivering and thats where the good ends. Cars are put together very badly spare parts can take weeks to arrive and dont expect customer servicea to help they are useless parts came with bag ripped and pieces missing still waiting on a reply and replacemnt

mylesg7
8/14/18

I ordered a remote control car for Xmas 2017/18. Unfortunately it stopped working and was asked to send it back. They found the fault but said it wasnt a manufacturing problem so i was liable for the postage! As i have never got it working and is exactly as it came out of the box, i can't understand why i have to pay for the postage to return it back to me. I have no option to fork out £25 to get it back. Not impressed with the customer service...

Order no #100056899.

adamb314
6/12/18

Buggy stopped working after only a few uses.
I emailed several times to ask how i return the faulty item and still no response.

robertr629
6/2/18

Bought rc tank Nitrotek will take your money and send you the goods. When I used it a wheel fell off when I contacted Nitrotek they said using it negated the warranty I didnt know I was buying and ornament they sent me some screws to fix it needless to say they were not the right ones. When I told them the correct size they said I could buy them as I was in the wrong. So its off to Trading Standards and never go near them again. I would suggest if your having issues with them and it seems people are pick up the phone to the Trading Standards people find them on the net.

jasonm293
1/15/18

BEWARE.... You would think that if you select hubbox and there is a cost associated with this delivery option that the check out process would alert you to the fact. Not so!! If the collection option is selected before the hub box option the collection option is not cancelled and you get confirmation emails for both after check out!!!. Had to pay another £9 as I cant drive to Manchester and they wont deliver to Hubbox without charge despite accepting my order. Nitrotec not interested. Poor poor show. Not happy. BEWARE. Oredr No 100057750. My last order unless they refund.

kerries7
1/3/18

Dont buy from them and dont trust them , no customer service and the instructions are non existent and dont even make sense , the car broke after 5 minutes and now they are refusing to refund me complains to ombudsman as we speak

johnm1261
John m.
1/3/18

mix up with paypal and order nitrotek insist no payment was made paypal insist they have paid money in to nitrotek account nitrotek wont help not interested avoid this company buy elswhare

dannyk35
1/2/18

Order #100057368
They are nice people when you buy but once you have bought nobody is willing to help you ive been after a part for the last eight months just today they told me that they are no longer do that part they have brought out a different part but nobody updated their systems its worth shopping around paying a little bit more extra at a different company

grahamh48
12/11/17

DON'T GO NEAR THIS COMPANY! Thus company is a cash first and forget operation.
They are masively helpful in choosing a product. They ship it really quickly, but god help you if there is a problem.

I ordered a 1/5 scale truck and when it arrived the nightmare started. The paintwork was scratched and badly gouged in multiple areas.
The finish of the vehicle was shocking. The front bumper looked like it had been glued on with papermashe. The vehicle looked and smelled like it had been used. I took it to a reputable shop to have it checked out and the merchant confirmed it was a used vehicle after stripping it and looking at internal parts.
So at worst they are selling returned stock as new???

The vehicle had rust on its metal parts as well.
When I tried to return it they refused to handle the issue via telephone. Every communication has to be with their customer service department via email.
Multiple pictures were sent of the defects yet absolutely no recognition of the faults has been forthcoming.

Generic emails are their standard reply. They say they will resolve issues in 10 working days. So if you have a problem expect to be left in the dark at every turn and expect generic and worthless email responses.

This company is mortally bankrupt. They employ a tactic of pushing the limits of consumer law to their very extreme limits. My opinion is that they do this so if you ever have to return something again you would rather just settle for what you get than go through the absolute nightmare of dealing with them again.

A very effective tactic as I will never deal with them again.
I await them to put one foot wrong in this nightmare and the small claims court will be my first stop.

Letters are on route to PayPal and Oubodsman. This company is a joke. Don't go near them.

Hi Chloe You can only deal this this dodgy outfit by email and good luck it will be your fault it's broke. Thanks john Am still trying 1 year on ha

By John t.

U can't fone them. Message & wait upto 48hr for reply, its not nice when u spend £100s on a new hobby

By Darren M.

Good man. I think they are scum, modelsport all the way nitrotek in desperation

By Darren M.

Hi, if you have any questions about delivery times please contact support@nitrotek.co.uk

By Lauren K., NitroTek Representative

Questions? Get answers from the NitroTek staff and other customers.

11 Photos for NitroTek