Review of NewYorkDress

New York, NY 10018, United States
Tel: 212-594-3600

carolynd48
5/25/17

I have ordered twice from this company. Both times the gowns were perfectly described in their description. I read their refund policy which was standard and made sure that my gown was returnable, just in case something was not perfect. I did not return either time. I am a very satisfied customer and plan on ordering from them again. I need a gowns every year for Mardi Gras Balls.

md235
5/17/17

I ordered three dresses for my daughter's wedding, hoping that one would work. Although they were all beautiful and well made, none were what I wanted. I went to return them within 10 days (the policy says 7 days), and they did return part of my money. I paid $1286 and they only refunded $984. The restocking fee was 15% and then they charged over 100 more for what? So it cost me $302 to try on a few dresses, none that I wanted to keep. I will stick with Amazon next time, or a company that has a better return policy.

michellet123
5/5/17

I recently needed a dress for a Parisian themed $#*!tail party. Your selection is amazing and the dress that I ordered is flawless! I will be ordering more from you in the future!

judym107
3/27/17

I dont know why there have been negative reviews on here. I have ordered fom this ompany twice. The gowns are authentic designer dresses. The last dress i ordered, i had to order sight unseen because it was the dress my daughter wanted and no one in my area had it. Long story when my daughter went to have alterations she no longer liked how the dress looked on her and didnt have it altered. I called customer service and they allowed me to return the dress less a 15% restocking fee since it still was in its original condition. Very satisfied!

minam17
3/19/17

1. appearance and material quality - looks and feel like cheap polyester
2. the dress was not packed adequately- all jumbled up
3. beads were missing and some were loose - even the address label came off
4. the size was incorrect - I took a size 4 but it fits a size 8

The design is fabulous but its a shame that the end result isn't reflective of all the efforts made by the dress architecture. Mr Kourosh Babain.

I suggest that only dresses under $400 should be bought from this site. If you have a big event, this is not the place to scout for an attire.

laurencea14
2/28/17

This company sells fake dresses from China. They have no customer service or return policy.
I know this information for certain.

ashleyh107
12/9/16

They are the worst company ever. I purchased a dress off of their site for a special occasion. The dress didn't fit correctly, so I wanted to return it. They made a huge deal about not giving me my money back, instead giving me store credit. I fought with them because I knew I'd never order from them again, so they finally agreed to give me SOME money back (not the entirety of what I paid for my dress). I returned the dress, and a month later I still do not have the money they owe me.

Response from Lisa R., NewYorkDress Representative
Hi Ashley,

We are terribly sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. We strive to provide the best customer service possible, and we want to ensure that we have properly taken care of your order. If you can please provide us with your order number, or contact us directly, ask to speak to a Supervisor in regards to this issue. We will ensure that your issue is resolved immediately. You can reach us at 212-594-3600 from 8am-8pm USA EST.

We are looking forward to help resolve this matter immediately.

info@NewYorkDress.com
cc208
11/7/16

I am never going to order from here again! I ordered a dress for prom, and the quality looked really poor. I returned it and ended up losing $35!!!! and got store credit in return. When i wanted to return it back to my card THERE TELLING ME that they have to take more money away if i wanted the money back. Are you serious?!?! That's not fair, and that's not right.
They may say easy return, but really it may be easy to return, but also easy for them to keep taking money away.
Never ordering there again.

Response from Lisa R., NewYorkDress Representative
We are sorry that you are not satisfied with your recent experience with NewYorkDress. Our Return Policy is the industry standard for most special occasion dresses. We would like you to contact us directly so that we may be able to work with you to rectify your recent experience. Contact us at 212-594-3600 or send us an email at info@newyorkdresss.com.

We are looking forward to working with you to resolve this issue.

Quality Control
info@NewYorkDress.com
christyh32
10/12/16

I ordered my daughters homecoming dress on a Friday afternoon. I get an email 5 days later in such an informal letter stating " your dress you ordered is not available danny " nothing else!! I have since emailed "danny" back and emailed the company from the main website with no contact back.i have also called he company every day last week and this week and it just says "I'm sorry the party you have called is unavailable". It is now a week from said email, and when I click on status on my account it just says refunded. I have no refund in my account. I smell scam and fraudulent company!!! Stay far away!!!

Response from Lisa R., NewYorkDress Representative
Hi Christy,

It really sounds like you had a very horrible experience. I assure you we at NewYorkDress, do not have a Danny in staff, and our emails are a bit more detailed and courteous. We can find out if your order was placed with us, or a different retailer, our office is available M-F from 8am-7pm. And you can always reach our after hour representatives to leave us a message 24/7- 7 days a week. Our telephone number is +212-594-3600, and it is active.

Feel free to reach out to us via live chat, telephone (212) 594-3600, or email us directly at info@newyorkdress.com. We will be happy to verify any information for you.

reneeh24
6/27/16

I had a very disappointing experience with New York dresses and I am NEVER ordering from them again. I loved the Tarik Ediz dress and they finally put it on sale; However, only the black size 8 was on sale and they don't return or exchange this dress. So I ordered it for my niece's party and paid $43 for the fast shipping. The dress arrived, and when I tried to open the zipper to try it on for the first time, it was getting stuck in two places: by the lace and at the bottom of the zipper. I tried the dress and it was beautiful, but the zipper continued to get stuck in same spots. I didn't make a big deal of it then, but looking back it seems that I should of.
Long story short, the day of the event I was staying in the same hotel that the party was held at. I changed into my dress and stood in line to enter the ballroom. As I was waiting in line, the zipper popped open! That was the most humiliating moment in my life! I wasn't sure how to cover up so that I can run to the car. After the party, I contacted New York dresses and explain to them what had happened. They asked for pictures of the dress and I sent them. Then they asked me to send the dress (in which I had to pay for the shipping) and said they will check the condition of the dress; if the situation was like I said, they will refund me the full amount. If not they will take a 20% handling fee and refund me the rest. I was thankful for that. I sent the dress back. I didn't hear back from them so I sent them an email asking if they received the dress. I receive an email that they sent the dress back to me because they think the dress was worn when the zipper broke.
And that was exactly what I said to them on my email, that I was wearing the dress for less then 15 minutes when the zipper broke.
Sorry for the long story but I had to tell my very disappointing experience with New York dresses. I told everyone I know--those who buy from them and those who don't-- that I just payed for a damaged dress and got stuck with it.
Never ever again will I order from this place or recommended it to anyone anymore like I did before.

With a big company like this, I would not expect to be handed a damaged dress, and be forced to get stuck with it

Response from Lisa R., NewYorkDress Representative
Hi Renee,

We apologize for your recent experience. We have forwarded this review to our Quality Care Supervisor to further look into your order.

We hope that this matter can be resolved to your best intentions.

memed1
6/22/16

This was by far THE WORST online experience I've EVER had ! The dresses take forever to arrive, which is NOT stated and very unclear when you order, when I got my first order the dresses were too small, I had to pay to ship them back, which I think is rediculous for a purchase this expensive, so I ordered a size bigger, items took forever to ship so I had to expedite and pay again! I finally got the dresses yesterday, one is HUGE and needs major work which will cost me $150, the other one fit perfect, but zipper broke right away, this is garbage quality! Also needs $50 to fix zipper, I will clearly NEVER recommend this to ANYONE! Terrible service, delayed shipping, garbage quality, for rediculously overpriced dresses! NEVER again!

Response from Lisa R., NewYorkDress Representative
We're sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. We value our customers and would love to look into your situation further. In order to do so we will need some additional information. Please reply back with your order and we will reach out to you via your information on your order.
elhama4
5/25/16

I had the worst experience with newyork dresses.I ordered 6 dresses from them in one order.I paid over 6000 (dresses for my cousins and sisters).I received the 6 dresses squeezed in one box all together!!one of the dresses had problem all the tiny sparkles fall off .Accordingly,I emailed them with pictures the same day I received the dresses.I ofcourse asked to returned that dress.few month later,I wanted to place an order .Imagine what they did what was their reply .They dont accept orders from me due to what I did in my last order.what I did!!!!! Asked for atleast a decebt pacaking is that a crime is that the way newyork dresses treats their customers!!anyway i placed my order with another company which i was bery very pleased with their packing and everything.ai sent them photos so they see the difference for themselves .

Response from Lisa R., NewYorkDress Representative
Dear Eham,

I sincerely apologize for the experience you encountered with our company. Our goal is to ensure every customer has the best possible experience when shopping with us. Because this matter involves secure personal information and is not related to the issue you experienced with the dresses you received, an email has been sent to you to further reconcile the matter privately.
allisono1
5/5/16

I recently bought my prom dress with this website and I received the dress 4 days after I ordered it. The dress fit perfectly and was exactly like how it looked in the picture. I recommend using their sizing chart to make sure you get the right fit. The dresses are a little expensive but they have unique and original designs. I do however advise those ordering from outside the U.S to read the return policy BEFORE ordering because I didn't realize that I would have to pay for shipping if I wanted to return the dress and that I would only get store credit, until after I ordered the dress. So read all the policies before ordering. Overall, I am very happy with my experience with this website and would recommend to others who are looking for prom dresses!

virginiar16
4/21/16

I bought a dress in this company in February 2016. I explained that it was for a wedding, ask about quality and everything, they looked to have understood what were my needs, and the quality expected from that dress. I received the dress and since then it was a nightmare: awful fake which looked like a horrible cheap dress, without the "swarowsky stones" which felt down anywhere, awful finitions with a lot of defaults....I complain and receive the refund but IN THESE CIRCUNSTANCIES: AS I PAID THE CUSTOM FEES I LOST 120 EUROS, AS I HAVE TO SENT IT BACK I PAID 65 EUROS AND AS THEY REFUND THE MONEY IT WAS A CHANGE RATE THAT MAKE ME LOST 100 EUROS MORE. I LOST ALL IN ALL NEARLY 300 EUROS FOR A DRESS 400 EUROS. I PUT A COMPLAIN IN THE SPANISH OFFICIAL CONSUMER OFFICE AND I WILL DO THE SAME IN THE PAGE WWW.BBB.ORG AND OF COURSE IN EACH FORUM ABOUT SCAM EXPERIENCES.
DO NOT BUY AND LOSE YOUR MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY I HAVE ALL THE PICTURES AS A PROOF AND I WILL PUBLISH THEM WHERE NECESSARY TO ALERT OTHER PEOPLE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED.

Tip for consumers: BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA...I WANT A SOLUTION NOT A STANDARD REPLY ABOUT YOU COMPANY AND THAT YOU ARE AN AUTHORISER RETAILER.....AND WHAT IF YOU ARE??? YOU MAY BE AN AUTHORISER RETAILER BUT THE QUALITY AND THE FINITION YOU ARE OFFERING TO THE CLIENTS IS FAR TO BE THE ONE SHOWN IN YOUR PICTURES AND WHAT YOU PROMISED TO THE CLIENTS...
BE HONEST PLEASE AND DON'T MAKE PEOPLE LOSE MONEY TRUSTING YOUR SLACKER, NEGLECKFUL AND OUTRAGEOUS ON LINE COMPANY

Response from Lisa R., NewYorkDress Representative
Newyorkdress is one of the largest authorized online retailers for evening , prom and special occasion dresses . NewYorkDress.com is registered with each designer website on their "where to buy" link.

We are known for the quality of our dresses and customer service standards. Our return policy is posted on clearly on our website.

Unfortunately we have no control over customs, taxes and/or duties as it is determined by local government, we do advise this in our shipping policy. We suggest you contact your local custom office for additional information on those fees.

Please feel free to call or chat with us if we can be any further assistance.
ashantih
4/20/16

I got my dress delivered in 3 days! Way faster than I expected Dress was exactly how the picture was online. Great dress material. Could't have been more satisfied !

denisej23
4/16/16

Oh boy followed measurements ordered size as indicated and dress arrived not correct fit. I will try to get a store credit

lindseyc32
4/14/16

HORRIBLE!!!! I ordered a $500 dress and it came with a broken zipper and the top of the dress was a size 4 but the bottom was like a size 8. Measurements were ALL off, it made absolutely no since how it could be that messed up. All they can do is give me a 10% alteration credit (they already don't do refunds). Total BS and they were rude about the whole situation, DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE!!!!

magdal64
4/10/16

I was so disappointed with this site. The dress arrived completely wrong size. The measurements were 4-6 inches off. I sent the dress back as I couldn't even zip it up. Their customer service claims that it is to size so it is my word against theirs. I got a store credit. I tried buying other items, same result every single time. I spend over $600 and have only $200 of it left in store credit and I never ever wish to purchase anything from them ever again. The only reason why I give them 2 stars is because the quality of their product is a step up from Chinese sites... if you are lucky enough to get the product that fits.

pages
11/20/15

I would never recommend this site! First it took over 3 weeks to get the dress, I was out of town when it arrived and could not try it on until I got back(DUH!) When it did not fit, I tried to return it and they told me it had been more than 3 days since it arrived, so I could not return???? I told them my little story and they said they get back to me in 1-2 days to let me know if I can return? Make sure you read the return policy before you order, my dress ad said returnable, BUT, you can only get a store credit IF they decide to take it back!! Customer Service STINKS!!

megans33
11/13/15

After spending months looking for the perfect dress for my year 11 prom, I found this site and instantly found the dress I wanted. I was weary about ordering from this company as there are many scam dress sites online. I ordered and recieved a phone call from the company based in New York to recheck my order to make sure it was okay. Dress delivered and was exactly as it was in the picture, although slightly too big so make sure to check the size guide carefully. Excellent quality and would 100% order from here again.

teresab47
11/11/15

I just have to say I have been so happy with the dresses that I have got from this site for my daughter. Excellent Customer Service from the minute you order down to the details of the delivery. The dresses fit perfect and so well made. I really need to send some pictures to their site.

Unfortunately, I made a BIG MISTAKE by ordering a dress this year that my daughter saw on another site. It was a 2 pc red dress from Vicky Dresses. Oh my GOD! what a nightmare. The dress came crumpled in a bag, 4 sizes too big, the beading nothing like the picture, and it just ruined Homecoming......they will not work with me and will not give me a contact number for anyone that has any sense.

I WILL NEVER STRAY AWAY FROM NEW YORK DRESS COMPANY AGAIN !!
JUST SIMPLY LOVE THEM

Sincerely, Teresa Borja

Response from Lisa R., NewYorkDress Representative
Thank you for you wonderful feedback. We are very happy to know that you are satisfied with the quality of dresses and the service that you receive from us, because we strive for nothing less than the best when it comes to meeting the needs of our valued customers. We want to ensure that we attend to your needs, before, during and after an order is placed, and we will continue to set the bar high for ourselves, so that we can continue to keep a smile on your face, along with our other customers.

If there is anything else that we can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always here for you.
draer
11/10/15

I purchased a $218 brand new sequin dress for my daughter. The dress arrived with sequins twisted and beads falling off the dress. I informed the company right away and sent them pictures as they requested. The company then offered me an exchange only. After getting a poor quality product mis-advertised as "new", I had no intention of playing the guessing game and re-ordering another poor quality dress from them so I asked for a refund. They emailed me back and said they'd give me $21.80 to have the dress repaired at a seamstress. My event was less than 2-days away! My seamstress wouldn't touch the dress because of the delicate beading and sequins. AND!...I paid for a BRAND NEW dress that shouldn't have been ripped or torn in the first place. Buyer beware!!! Regardless of the fact that they sent me a ripped dress, they refused to give me my money back. would NEVER purchase anything from this company again. How dare you sent me a dress with beads falling off that was advertised as a BRAND NEW $218 DRESS?!?!!!!!!!...And then refuse to make right by me and give me my money back?!?!?!!!!!! Unbelievable!!!!!

Response from Lisa R., NewYorkDress Representative
We first want to thank you for providing feedback about your purchase, as we want you, along with all of our customers to be 100% satisfied with the service provided, and this will aid us in catering to the needs of our customers. We are sorry for any inconvenience that you may have experienced when shopping with us, and want to let you know that this is an exception, as we only work with the best designers in our industry, and we inspect our dresses to ensure that the dresses that we send out to our customers meet and exceed all expectations; so we are very sorry for any details that were missed this time around. We aim to be proactive when it comes to meeting our customers' needs, and consistently work hard to make our policies as customer friendly as possible, and we would love to provide you with some options that will help to to turn your experience around. Please call or chat with us at your earliest convenience, so that we can provide you with immediate assistance. We will also be making an attempt to reach you as we are currently working to dissolve this issue. We are here for you whenever you need us!
lisab175
10/27/15

I was looking forward the perfect dress to wear at my second wedding. There were so many choices at New York Dress, so much easier than driving from shop to shop. The dress was perfect but i had nothing to lose because it was returnable. I got many many compliments. I couldn't be happier with my dress selection and my decision to buy from you. Thanks! I'll be back!

mariolam2
10/19/15

First dress I return I didn't like I can't have my money back I find second one came in one week but-I don't look good in this one for this money over $300 you must love how you look I am very upset for I can't have my money back I keep the dress and I go to lord&taylor and find the dress what I love for $200 I will Never buy any dress from this store

Response from Lisa R., NewYorkDress Representative
Thank you for your review. We do not want you to be stuck with any items that you are unhappy with, which is why we continue to make our return policy as flexible as possible. Since you are unhappy with your store credit, please call or chat with us at your earliest convenience so that we can provide you with an option that works better for you.

We will be more than happy to resolve this for you, as we value you greatly and take pride in providing nothing less than the best when it comes to satisfying our customers.

Thank you for your question. We are an authorized retailer for all of the designers we carry and one of the largest U.S.-based online retailers. All of the dresses we send are authentic pieces manufactured by the designers, meaning that the dress you receive will be the same one that you see in the picture on our site or have seen in an authorized boutique. You can read actual reviews we have received from our customers who are pleased with our service on our site here http://www.newyorkdress.com/Reviews.html, and you can see actual reviews posted on customer review sites at the following two links: http://www.trustpilot.com/review/newyorkdress.com as well as this website. Feel free to contact via live chat or via phone at 212-594-3600, we are here to help you find the perfect dress for your event. Thank you Ruthanne E. and Linda L. for your support! :)

By Lisa R. [NewYorkDress Rep]

Thank you for you question. We are sorry for any inconvenience that you have experienced, and would like to assist you further. Our orders are usually processed within 24 hours, and all of our in stock items ship within 5-7 business days with our standard free ground shipping, and within 1 business day if an upgraded shipping method is selected. We do have some dresses that are very popular, and that sell out quickly or dresses that the designers are no longer mass producing; in which case we provide the option to have the dresses specially made for you if it does not conflict with the date that you need the dress. For Specially made dresses, the shipping time varies, and we provide the production on those specific dresses on the dress page on the website. Please call or chat with us as soon as you can, so that we can look into your order for you. We are here for you 24/7.

By Lisa R. [NewYorkDress Rep]

Hi Angie & Virginia, We are an authorized dealer for all of the designer dresses that we carry. This can be verified, by logging in to the designers websites of the dress you are interested in, and on the where to buy section, you can search for NewYorkDress.com We do follow the industry standard in regards to Return policies, for special occasion dresses. However if you were not satisfied with something, you can contact us directly and we will be able to help as best as we can. We can be reach at 212-594-3600 M-F from 8am-8pm USA EST. In regards to reviews, besides our reviews you can also visit other previous shopped reviews here: http://www.trustpilot.com/review/newyorkdress.com. Best regards, Lisa L.

By Lisa R. [NewYorkDress Rep]

Hi Emily, Shipping times vary based on the availability of the dress, generally dresses will ship out from our shipping facility within 5-7 business day from when the order is placed. Transit time to Australia usually an additional 5-7 business once your order is shipped. To receive a more detailed time-frame for an item you are interested in, please feel free to contact us via live chat or via phone at 212-594-3600. We are available to assist you Monday-Friday 8am-8pm EST.

By Lisa R. [NewYorkDress Rep]

Hi Rosemary! NewYorkDress is solely an online store and our office location is 36th st. We are not open to the public, as it is an office space. However, we do have a sister Boutique located in Queens, NY. If you have any questions, we would be happy to help! Contact us at 212-594-3600 or via live chat! We would be happy to help!

By Lisa R. [NewYorkDress Rep]

Hi Haya! We are an authorized retailer for all of the designers we carry and one of the largest U.S.-based online retailers. All of the dresses we send are authentic pieces manufactured by the designers, meaning that the dress you receive will be the same one that you see in the picture on our site or have seen in an authorized boutique. You can read actual reviews we have received from our customers who are pleased with our service on our site here http://www.newyorkdress.com/Reviews.html, and you can see actual reviews posted on customer review sites at the following two links: http://www.trustpilot.com/review/newyorkdress.com as well as this website. International Shipping is generally between 5 to 7 business days, depending on stock availability. Feel free to contact via live chat or via phone at 212-594-3600, we are here to help you find the perfect dress for your event. Best regards, Lisa R.

By Lisa R. [NewYorkDress Rep]

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear you are having difficulties with placing an order. We are here to help. Since this is public forum, we do not want to ask for any personal information for us to be able to reach out to you directly. Please click on the link below. It will bring you to our contact us page, where you will be able to access our live chat assistance. With live chat you will be connected to with one of our customer service representatives. You will also have the option call us at 212-594-3600 or submit a request for us to contact you directly. http://www.newyorkdress.com/ContactUs/

By Lisa R. [NewYorkDress Rep]

Hi Elaine, We see you are trying to get some feedback from people in Ireland who have purchased from our website. I wanted to let you know that you can see reviews from some our customer in Ireland by going to this link. http://www.newyorkdress.com/Reviews.html . When on this page you can highlight the reviews submitted form customer in Ireland by holding the ctrl +F button at the same time then type Ireland into the search field. Please feel free to reach out if you need any additional help

By Lisa R. [NewYorkDress Rep]

Thank you for you question. Delivery in the US varies per item. The 10 week delivery option that was showing on the dresses page means that your dress is available by special order, meaning the designer will make it for you once you place an order for the item. 10 weeks is the amount of time it takes for the designer to make the dress once you make your purchase. The 3-7 business days on the check out page is the estimated time it will take for your item to be received once it is shipped out. Please contact via live chat or telephone at 212-594-3600 for more specific delivery information.

By Lisa R. [NewYorkDress Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the NewYorkDress staff and other customers.

5 Photos for NewYorkDress