MyVanilla Debit Card reviews

PO Box 826
Fortson, GA 31808

lindah732
1/31/19

bought 100.00 card at Walmart, to use that day. First Purchase was gas. Paid at pump, 30.00.....checked balance later same day when card was declined, they put a hold of 75.00 on the gas purchase. Called and told me it would not release for 72 hours! ...75.00 for 30.00 of gas, left me with 25.00 for the day when I had other items to pay for that I didnt want to use my personal credit card for ( ie online purchase ect) NEVER AGAIN. Called 2x asking them to release funds, refused! Said I had to wait. NEVER EVER AGAIN

adrianar28
11/6/18

I was given a $100 Vanilla Gift card from my dad for my birthday. Within a week of receiving it, someone from FL (I live in TX) stole the info and used it to pay their utility bill, but I didn't know about it until a couple of months later because I hadn't used it yet. Once I figured out it was stolen I immediately called and tried disputing it. For some reason I wasn't receiving the form and after 2 months I FINALLY received it. about 2 weeks later I received a letter in the mail saying that there was nothing they could do because I didn't file the dispute within 2 months of it being stolen, even though I didn't know it was stolen until after. Everyone I talked to was super sweet and helpful except the supervisor. She was rude and could care less that my dad's hard earned money was stolen and just kept saying they weren't going to help me. DO NOT PURCHASE THEIR CARDS!!!

justinp123
9/22/18

I just purchased this card and they couldn't verify identity through their system . I called in and they want photo Id must be in color along with the front and back of the prepaid card and copy of my receipt . If I knew this was going to be such a hassle while their holding my money hostage. Completely insane to need me to send in all that crap. Customer service is a joke . They are doing this to everyone in hopes of keeping their money and or commuting identity theft . We must all come together as we're having the same issues and get ahold of the FTC and attorney general in your states . I feel like I'm being robbed .dont trust this place run as far away as you can .

jazmins7
9/14/18

i purchased one of these cards almost three days ago as soon as i get home i tried to register it online it gave me a hard time so i called the customer service number provided on the card only to be given the run around didnt even help me they ended up locking my card asking me for reciepts my id my social all types of stuff 2 days later my card is still blocked they cant find the proofs of identity that i sent them and now the problem is with the card not my identity this has been the worst week ever these people know nothing about customer service i will never use this scam card service again the worst period!!!!!

rayad3
7/7/18

The worst gift card/ customer service. Did refund from a store on a vanilla visa gift card, after mnth the card was canceld by them, because they needed puchrchase/ return receipt and tons of other bs. Worst customer service. Do not ever buy this gift card!!!!!

budl18
6/30/18

after purchasing and card and loading 300 on it I left home for a couple days to find the card tampered with so I contacted my vanilla to report it and found out someone tried to use it. So I filed a dispute and sent them proof of receipt ,card , and my id and still I sit in limbo waiting for 2 weeks now to get my money refunded. This is total B.S. DONT USE THIS CARD WORST SERVICE EVER

saundras8
4/24/18
• Updated review

QUICK UPDATE....AFTER IT TOOK PULLING AN ARM AND LEG TO GET ACCESS TO MY OWN MONEY THAT WAS DEPOSITED TO THE PREPAID CARD, FOUND OUT THEY ALSO CHARGE YOU .50 CENTS EVERY TIME YOU USE THE CARD. DOESN'T MATTER WHAT IT IS, JUST BUYING GROCERIES, PAYING BILLS, ETC., YOU GET CHARGED THE 50 CENTS EACH TIME YOU USE YOUR OWN MONEY!!

OH, ALSO FOUND OUT THAT THEY DO NOT ACCEPT DRAFTS TO PAY BILLS, THEY REJECT THEM!! I WENT BACK TO NETSPEND PREPAID CARD WHICH I NEVER EVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH AND I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THIS MY VANILLA BS AGAIN!!!

“I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!”
4/11/18
• Previous review

I got the Prepaid Debit Card for the very first time and had my whole payroll check direct deposited! I got a deposit on Monday, tried to use the card on Tuesday and did not work. I called customer service and found out that they put a Restriction on my card. I would have NEVER even know if I had not called in to customer service. They said I needed to send in identity verification and don't you think that I somehow should have been notified of that information. I emailed the requested information to email address they provided and did receive an automated email response that the information was received! Called back today and they act like they have no idea what I am talking about, and that they did not receive the information and would have to resend it! I AM TOTALLY BEYOND PISSED!!! I submitted drafts for mortgage and car payments that now probably did not even go through because I did not know card was restricted, and cannot even buy groceries for my kids when my account shows over $3000 from my Payroll was deposited!!! WHO CAN WE CALL TO REPORT THEM, THE GEORGIA CONGRESS MAN, BBB???

mumt12
4/13/18

my children were given these at christmas- usual thing- i had to buy them from them, tried using them, got fed up with them being declined over and over again!!! only place that took them seemed to be the co op!!! glad my children didn't have to get declined as they would not have had alternative methods to pay. still have them as can't seem to use them- dont buy.

dorib2
2/22/18

I bought this card for my daughter for her birthday and loaded $400. Got home and gave it to her and spent several hours trying to activate it. They kept requesting seriously private personal information in order to activate this prepaid card. Social security numbers, mothers maiden names, etc. We got fed up with the process and told them we had our recipt and would return it to Walmart and buy a different regular easy to use prepaid card. They told us that we would not be able to return it even though we just bought it today. That they would have to refund us directly from the company on the phone. And there would be a $25 return fee and then a check in the mail in 7-10 days. Are you even serious?! This card is a scam! Do not buy it!!!!!!

kelleyn5
12/13/17

I bought a MyVanilla Debit Visa card from CVS and loaded $35 on it. I registered it online but couldn't get it to work with online and in-store purchases. Called their customer service department and they said it wasnt registered, then they said it was registered under someone else's name! They refused to help me and I threw the card in the trash. Thank god I didn't have a higher balance on it, just wasted $35.

lacya8
11/14/17

Loaded money on 4 days ago has yet to show up on my account. It showed yesterday that i paid a 23.00 hulu subscription on 11/10/17 now today all the transactions are gone and said i paid the 23.00 to hulu on 10/13/17 and thats impossible. I paid 7.99 on 11/6/17 none of it makes any sense now said my account is -47.00 but have a balance of 1.63??? I called couldn't understand a word from the coustmer service rep. Ive used this card the last few months with no problems but now everything is jaked up. I will not be using this card and also .50 cent charge for every transaction can add up. Never had this type of problem from a reloadable card i give this card zero out of 5 star's and they better give ne my damn money back.

stephaniep107
9/22/17

scam scam scam do not do it I am 42 years old I'm married I have two kids own a house have several bills we both work we got my vanilla cards me and my husband both. I called in one day to check on a refund for my husband's card and they put it on hold it is now been over four days there's $1,100 sitting on that account and we cannot have access to it they ask for a social security card a billing address with his name on it and also a picture ID front and back we sent in all that information and had to take off two hours of work to go down to the administrative building to get a new social security card and won't take the receipt for it and it takes over 2 weeks to get a car so we are stuck with no money to pay our bills to get gas to get food I have two sick kids right now and can't have access to our $1,100 from our direct deposit that went in there yesterday it's been 4 days now and they are still giving a s*** rude on the phone hanging up on us will not let us have access to our money or keep saying that they need more verification after more verification after more verification when we've given them everything that they've asked for so this is a legitimate total scam I would not

jessicab260
8/18/17

I called in on the Monday before my direct deposit was set to hit informing them that my name had changed and requested a new card...Tuesday comes around and my paycheck never hits my account. I call and ask what is the issue and they inform me that because my name on my account (the one I called to change the previous day) and the name on the direct deposit supposedly didn't match, I was unable to access my funds. I was instructed to send in my divorce decree (the reason for the name change) and a copy of my driver's license which I did that same day. I was told that once I sent those in, allow 24 hours and then call back to see if the hold had been lifted. I call Wednesday and they tell me I need to wait an additional 48 hours for the funds because the documents are "still under review". I call Friday and they inform me that the documents are still under review and allow 24-72 hours for them to process. I have been waiting for this paycheck for almost 4 days now...bills I normally pay on the 15th are now overdue and I'll have to pay extra when/if the hold is ever lifted. I have almost $900 just sitting there, unable to use because this company cannot get their stuff together and lift a hold I showed plenty of proper documentation to lift. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

williamt136
6/23/17

Could someone tell me why the funds on my card are frozen because an online merchant would not take this card as payment and declined my purchase so now customer service says I have to wait 7 to 10 days before my funds will be released back to my card. This is such bull $#*!. This company will use any excuse to make even more money off people. This company needs to be shut down.

daraj5
2/26/17

My parents bought me £100 worth of these gift cards when I started university. I put them away for a rainy day and a year later when the rain started pouring I tried to use them. Only to find no funds available... because they have taken £97.20 off of my balance in "account fees". Multiple complaints have gotten me no where except on hold and I now have no choice but to face the prospect of surviving 11 weeks on £21. Myvanilla have caused me undue stress and anxiety and I recommend this company be condemned.

nosratollahs
8/16/16

If you want last your money ,you work my vanillia ,I refunded money in their card ,after 26 times called nobody help me ,tmy vanillia is bul$#*!

rickyl8
4/18/16

I have been waiting 6 weeks for a merchant refund. Don't ever get this card. They don't issue temp are credits. There management doesn't exist. One excuse after another. They have been holding my $350 for 6 weeks and days. Throw them in jail. They charge .50 a swipe. Avoid at all costs. There the worst debt card company. The government should shut them down.

myrc1
2/26/16

Purchaced $100.00 card and had the worst time when my daughter needed to use it. It took a lot to register it and ONLY $40.00 was able to use of the $100.00, the balance this company took it and will NOT give us the money back!

juliaa22
2/26/16

Bought a myvanilla card and put money on at the register. when i received my "permanent" card 2 1/2 weeks later and activated it no money. i have called and they refuse to do anything except tell me put more money on the card. these people suck and will never help you. better off going through someone else.

erikav3
11/21/15

Nothing on the card package informing you about the hoops & loops you have to go through to use the card. Even though at the register your money locked into the card. You have to log in on a Desk top only. If you do it over your phone it locks you out of the account. Called customer service 4 times in 5 hours trying to figure this out. If you can not log in online you have to send them your id,social security, and a utility bill. Really??? I had to opt to making it a gift card & not debit card. I was told it would still work online. It did not....after we could not make it work I asked for a refund. Guess what 3-4 weeks to get your money back & they charge you 9.00. Really??? -5 stars for this card. Should be off the god damn shelf if you ask me...

daniw7
9/15/15

They promised to reimburse me my funds if I was ever robbed or my card was ever stolen or used illegally. Well,I had my card stolen. And so I put in a complaint form followed by my police report and they still did not reimburseme me my money. I did it three times and they denied me on all accounts.They are frauds!!! Do not give them your money !!!!

christinat17
8/3/15

I bought the MyVanilla debit card and was unable to "verify that I was real." I'm pretty sure that I'm real and I've lived in my residence long enough to verify that. I even sent in the required paperwork to verify myself and still was unable to. So after lots of long calls I finally got to the point where I had to get a refund, for which I was charged a ten dollar fee, which I don't think is fair because it's not my fault that it was flawed. It has also taken me about a month to get my money back from them, and I was extremely worried whether or not I was actually going to get my money back. I DO NOT RECOMMEND UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

jevong
7/10/14

So I purchased this card so I can order some phones for myself and my siblings. Well a couple days later I get a phone call from AT&T saying that my order got canceled and they put the money back on the card, which they did. Unfortunately that very same day I lost my card. So I report my card lost on MyVanilla's website and try to request a replacement and as soon as I do that all of a sudden my log in information stopped working. Mind you it was working very fine until I reported my card lost, it was as if they were waiting for me to report it stolen or lost so they can cut off my account and keep the $358 dollars I had on the card. I want my money back, and I do not recommend MyVanilla to ANYONE!!! Don't do it! They will get you for whatever you put on it and I'm going to make sure people know that this is going on!

Questions? Get answers from the MyVanilla Debit Card staff and other customers.

MyVanilla Debit Card?