MyTriathlon.co.uk reviews

Tel: 4402071834116
contactus@mytriathlon.co.uk

maciejn5
11/26/18

Ordered an Orca Equip 2018. Delivered fairly quick and that was about the only positive.
Wetsuit was damaged. Had a cut on the back. Contacted shop and received answer from Tom C. that their warehouse was investigating and they would contact me shortly. That was 2 weeks ago. Sent multiple emails and never got an answer.
Complete scammers selling faulty products. Working with my companies lawyer to file a lawsuit in the UK now. Not letting this one pass.
AVOID THIS COMPANY.

rodh64
10/11/18

Stephen Collins is a dishonest trader who deliberately attempts to swindle any customer who places an order. Avoid this company , they are crooks. He does not care about consumer law or distance selling regulations. He will employ silent marketing phone calls and repeated spam emails if like me, you have to involve the small claims court in order to get your money back having been sold two faulty products. He will do anything to avoid paying including pretending not to have received returned products and at the same time attempting to deduct monies from your bank as a restocking fee at £60.00 per item. The lies are blatant and he should be stopped from trading. Do not give him your money

danh267
10/8/18

Purchased some Huub goggles for £45.59 which were returned as agreed. I sent these back 1st Class Signed For and were delivered months ago.

However, still no refund and no replies to emails.

Shall be letting the North West triathlon community to AVOID!!

suzib8
9/13/18

I bought an ex rental websuit for £140 from these people and wasn't happy with it. It was extremely shabby with a hole in and didn't fit, so I returned it straight away. The law (Consumer Contracts Regulations) states you have a minimum of fourteen days to do this, and that companies cannot deduct money from your refund for restocking fees etc. They have a maximum of 14 days to refund you. Remember this!

I got an acknowledgement that the return had been received but no refund or other communication, even when I emailed to find out what is going on. When I went on to MyTriathlon's website I noticed to my horror that they were advertising a whole host of illegal (and thus unenforceable terms and conditions including)
- No returns on ex rental wetsuits after 4 days (as above, legal minimum is two weeks)
- If they decide to accept a return on an ex rental wetsuit they will charge you a huge sum for "rental" (again, not legal - they would only be allowed to make a deduction if you use the item and cause a decline in its value. Because they have not advised of the right to cancel within 14 days on their website, they are not even allowed to do this)
- Refunds will take up to 21 days (legal minimum - two weeks)

When I saw this I went straight to PayPal and am attempting to get my money returned through them. If that does not work I will be taking it to Trading Standards and Small Claims. MyTriathlon are not a lawful company and I urge anyone who has had dealings with them to read up on their legal rights. Don't bother trying to engage with them, just try to recoup your money through the official channels. If you are thinking of buying from them - don't!

sm293
7/19/18

Ordered a running hat from them. It arrived in a plastic envelope but with no internal packing and was dirty on the top. It was an awful hat and gave no protection so I sent it back the same day. Got an email to say had been received then nothing. Phoned to ask what was going on, guy was rude and unhelpful and said product had been returned dirty. Told him it was returned same day as received and still had tags on. Then he said guy who did returns was off until next week. Website says only store credits given. Think this is just a scam.

For anyone else reading these reviews, if you buy something online you are covered by the Consumer Contracts Regulations which in short means that you can return a product, even if you simply do not like it and company HAS TO give you a refund within 14 days of receipt of returned goods. You have to pay postage back (unless their website says differently) but they have to refund ALL the costs you paid, including delivery charge. If they don't they are breaking the law plain and simple. If they don't refund and you bought via credit card claim back through them under Section 75 of Consumer Credit Act although goods must have cost over £100 for this, but you only need to have paid part of item, ie deposit, on the card to get this cover.

Tip for consumers: Avoid

leej90
6/12/18

Delivered a damaged wetsuit and won't except responsibility. Customer services won't give me a straight answer as the manager is never there. Have took my money and the returned wetsuit so I'm currently out of pocket £109. This has been going on for 4 weeks now. DO NOT USE this website. They're scammers!

brucec186
6/7/18

This bunch have a hiring business called mywetsuithire. I rented a wetsuit for a specific event and paid extra for guaranteed delivery. 2 days before the event it had not arrived so I had to rent from another site at extra cost. They admitted it was their fault but no apology. When I tried to cancel, these guys charged me full whack for the full rental period, even after I returned the wetsuit to them unused! They have ignored my complaints and refuse to communicate further. #rippedoff

jd212
5/16/18

Item was listed as shipped. Had to chase as it wasn't.

Then the wrong product arrived...

Just useless. Will post if it comes to a satisfactory conclusion ...

tommyt41
3/13/18

Swim goggles still hadn't arrived or had any word from them for 3 weeks after paying for the order, I then emailed to ask the order status/ whereabouts and 2-3 weeks later still no reply! So 5 weeks after placing the order I phoned and was given a sarcastic 'apology' and told they MIGHT receive the order from the supplier at the end of the week so I should just keep waiting. I get the distinct impression that ignoring orders and follow up emails/communications is just the norm for this lot! Unreal.

lc111
11/14/17

Having read the reviews below, I feel like I interacted with a completely different company!
I rang their helpline for help purchasing a HUUB Archimedes as I was unsure about sizing etc. Had a really pleasant conversation with a young guy who guided me through the process and I ordered then and there with free delivery!! It arrived within the week and the fit was perfect - I can't wait to test it out in the open water!
For the free and fast delivery alone I'd recommend Mytriathlon and will be ordering again soon

tomc192
10/30/17

Recently Purchased a New wetsuit from MyTriathlon, they had a great choose and advised on size, wetsuit arrived within a few days.

claree5
10/2/17

I just have to say, I cannot get over how awful Mytriathlon are when it comes to returns policy and given they are an online company, this is just awful. Brought an ex-rental online, it didn't fit, I messaged their customer care people on their online chat, he said great I've logged there is a problem, we are really sorry etc. No rush on getting it back just as soon as you can. So I did all this and then they refused to acknowledge this conversation happened, or they actually said 'he must have been mis-informed' - their own customer care person, and then refused any refund. Awful. Have since ordered from Wriggle who are AMAZING and returns was so easy and flexible!

sarahj231
9/29/17

Be careful. Received a dodgy email from MyTriathlon claiming I hadn't returned my hired wetsuit. On closer inspection, I discovered I had not ordered it from them. I was left on hold when I phoned and I know suspect it was a scam.

Response from Will B., MyTriathlon.co.uk Representative
Hi Sarah,
MyWetsuitHire, the company you hired the wetsuit from is a part of MyTriathlon. The email you were sent is legitimate and all information is correct. You hired a wetsuit from us which we don't seem to have had back. This is not a scam and we do need you to contact us as we requested in the email.
Kind regards
Will
frederickm27
10/12/16

LONG STORY SHORT. ORDERED WET SUIT 25TH JUNE 2016. THEN AFTER 2 RETURNS BECAUSE THEY DID NOT FIT THEY SAID THAT THEY HAD ANOTHER SUIT THAT WAS MORE FLEXIBLE AT AN EXTRA COST. 12 DAYS LATER IT HAD NOT ARRIVED, SO I CANCELLED THE ORDER AS I NO LONGER NEEDED IT. TOM SAID THAT I WOULD BE PAID BACK IN 2 SEPARATE PAYMENTS AND MY POSTAGE WOULD BE DEALT WITH BY ANOTHER PERSON. 13 DAYS LATER SPOKE TO TOM AND ASKED WHY I HAD NOT BEEN PAID? HE MADE AN INSTANT PAYMENT INTO MY PAYPAL ACC. BUT ONLY PART OF WHAT I WAS DUE AND AGAIN HE SAID THAT THE REMAINDER WOULD BE PAID SOON. 11 DAYS LATER SPOKE TO TOM AGAIN ABOUT THE OUTSTANDING AMOUNT DUE. HE SAID SEND HIM AN EMAIL WITH THE DETAILS ABOUT THE ORDER AND HE WOULD SEE TO IT. RANG THEM ON THE 16TH SEPT. AND SPOKE TO WILL WHO SAID THAT BECAUSE THE SUIT THAT I SENT BACK ON THE 12TH JULY HAD A NAIL MARK ON IT, THEY WOULD DEDUCT £50 DAMAGE FEE AND HE WOULD SEND ME PICTURES VIA EMAIL. I AM STILL WAITING.
SUMMING UP - I AM £54.95 WORSE OFF AND ENDED UP WITH NOTHING.
DO NOT TRUST WHAT THEY SAY. THEIR COMMUNICATIONS ARE ABYSMAL.
I WISHED I HAD LOOKED AT THE REVIEWS BEFORE I USED THIS LOT.

nickb89
6/20/16

This is simply the worst company I have ever purchased something from in my entire life. Firstly, the item I ordered was not shipped for 2 weeks, after emailing several times and not getting any replies I tried calling, only to be told that the item was shipped two day prior to my call but that the system doesn't get updated as shipped until after the courier has actually sent it out of the country (for international shipping) - sounded like BS to me. Anyway, I gave them the benefit of the doubt after being told it would probably be updated as shipped later that day or the following day. After it wasn't I called back again, this time speaking to another person at the company, who told me actually the item was out of stock, but that they had a black one available that they could send, to which I said I did not want black as I ordered a white one! So the agreement was that they would check the stock and call me back to let me know what other white tops they had available for my to select. This never happened, except I did receive a shipping confirmation email saying my order had been shipped. Assuming that they had actually found the item I ordered in stock I waited patiently for it to arrive in the post. When it did arrive it was a GOD DAMN BLACK one!!! So I called them back to complain, no problem sir, we will check the stock again and upgrade your order to a more expensive white item and send it out straight away for you. I am still waiting for this item to be shipped, they have not replied to any of my emails still and have no answered any of my calls. What they talk on the phone if you can get through is complete BS, and they never reply to any emails!!! If you order from this company you do so at your own risk!!!

Tip for consumers: Simply do not use!

therasab1
5/13/16

Now almost 2 weeks still trying to return a pair of CWX tights, no one answers calls, no one replies to mails, no one replies to messages sent using their website and online chat did not work either, resorted finally to contact via Facebook and received unhelpful and smarmy reply avoid this company like the plague

tonys37
11/1/12

Ordered a wetsuit which was not in stock. They pesuaded me to upgrade. Subsequently never delivered the wetsuit. Customer service was quick during the upgrade period but as soon as they had the money they would not respond to countless queries. This appears to be a scam website with other reviewers having had a similar experiences.

Questions? Get answers from the MyTriathlon.co.uk staff and other customers.

MyTriathlon.co.uk?