Road Runner Sports reviews

rac@roadrunnersports.com

billb599
4/2/19

Absolutely Terrible.

I placed an order for more than $300 from Road Runner Sports in large part because they emphasized their customer service. After getting an email two weeks ago that the order has shipped, it has still not arrived. I paid extra for a VIP membership because it would include a 25% coupon. I read the terms carefully and my item was not excluded from this promotion. However, after placing the order, the 25% was not applied.

It was extremely difficult to get a response from them when I reported the problems I was having. It took almost a week to get a generic email. Eventually I was told the only way I can get a refund is if I refuse the order when it arrives. This means I would need to stay home to wait for the package, and assume it will get back to them and processed in a reasonable amount of time. However, there is no evidence this package even exists or was ever sent out! I'm now going to have to enter a dispute claim with my credit card company to resolve this. Please avoid this company even if you think you will get a discount, its not worth it !

kevinl375
12/18/18

Horrible service, and absolutley ZERO ownership of their foul-ups. I ordered shoes, 2 day later they had not shipped. I call, they say they never got order form Paypal.......Paypal says they got the order. Judging by hundreds of previous orders with reputable businesses, I must side with Paypal on this one. Absolutely NO attempt to try to make things right, but great lip service. Only reason for 1 star is that I can't give 0 stars.

jennifern201
12/17/18

RRS claims to have great customer service and easy return policy, buyer beware! I returned 3 pairs of shoes using their easy return shipping label. They claimed their warehouse never received the items and therefore can't give me a refund. It's $500 and they don't care! I will never shop with them again!

kimberlyh124
1/6/18

I have been a Road Runner Sports customer since the early 2000s. For many of those years I was very happy with the service. I made purchases, tried my shoes out, kept what worked, returned what didn't. I constantly mad purchases so I did not bother with "exchanges" since this took much too long to accomplish as compared to simply returning shoes/clothes and making other purchases. I have spent thousands of dollars.

When I made a return in the past, the credit went on to the credit card I used to make my purchase.

Unbeknownst to me, sometime in the last year or possibly two, the return credits started being put into an "online credit bank" which was NOT visible on my account online, and which did not go on to my credit card, and about which i did NOT receive an email. So when I made purchases online, as I do, I was not given the choice to use these return credits I knew nothing about (and which I assumed had gone on to my credit cards). Apparently, the only way I could use the return credits would be to make my purchases via the phone, AND for the person helping me on the other end to let me know I had credits to use. I make my purchases online 99% of the time. I now have over $500 in credits in what I am told is a "merchandise e gift card."
I recently received two emails informing me of these e merchandise credits I have, and about chic I had no idea. I called to ask which returns went into these credits and to complain about the returns not going on the original card as they had been in the past.
No apology was made for these credits being locked in cyberspace. No reason given for why even my unused items were put into these cyberspace credits.

When I looked online for the breakdown of my returns, the website no longer shows you which parts of your order were returned. When I asked for a breakdown of the returns to be emailed to me, I was originally told "NO. My supervisor says I am not allowed to do this." Even though the representative helping me could see which things had been returned for a credit, her supervisor told her she was not to give me the breakdown.
I had to speak to the supervisor Sylvester Jackson (who had a very rude attitude and kept speaking over me) myself to get the breakdown emailed to me. Since then Sylvester called me and left me a message stating the returns were purged from the system and could not be given to me. So sorry and was there anything else at all he could do, don;t hesitate to ask.
So I called customer service again. I asked for a run down of all my returns and got a list which I wrote down myself going back to 2014. So much for the purge. Sylvester the supervisor is either lazy and a liar or simply just a liar.

I will use my credits and b]never shop at Road runner again.

kayh16
1/13/14

I've never had any problems with Road Runner Sports! I've ordered a couple of different Nikes for running from this website, which were discounted while the same shoes at the Nike Store were not yet on sale. They arrived within a week, and the transaction was pretty smooth!

xinj1
2/28/13

They are sooo bad! I made a order on Feb 16. They told me it was shipped on Feb17, but it was not! I emailed them and asked about it. They told me it was not shipped and asked me if I wanted a refund or wanted them to process a new order. I required a refund. Then they started to blame on FEDEX and refused to process a refund. They just shipped a new order on Feb 27 without asking for my approval!!!I am sooooo disappoined that they offered a refund first and then refused to process it. Never get anything from them! They are so unreliable!!!

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Road Runner Sports staff and other customers.

Road Runner Sports?