Review of Mr. Rebates

9445 Indianapolis Blvd Ste A # 102
Highland, IN 46322-2649

bryanc181
4/24/19

My friend referred me to this app. He successfully accumulated a descent amount of money through this app. I tried it 4 times. Once for airline tickets and 3 times for hotel. Bookings went through but I never received so much as a penny in my account I do not recommend this app to anyone. For me.... it was a colossal waste of time

Response from Abby P., Mr. Rebates Representative
Hello Bryan,

We sent you a private message, but we haven't heard back. We're sorry to hear that your purchases were not tracked by the store(s) in question. Please contact customer support to let us look into the matter further. We can pursue your cash back with the store(s) if you open claims for your transactions. Unless you booked through Hotwire, please make sure the travel has taken place already, since almost every travel merchant on our site only reports transactions after the trip is completed.
vitaliys12
1/12/19

i've been using www.mr-rebate.com since 2009 and got plenty of $ back.
recommending to everyone. Every time i wantto purchase something from ebay, amazon or any other online store i first go to mr-rebate.com and after i get redirected to official site and they track my purchases. Few weeks after i get rebate to my account.

ericah74
8/16/18

I placed three orders on Plant Therapy through Mr. Rebates since May 2018. The rebates are missing. They said it is my computer problem. But I got rebate from Amazon and iherb during the same time. I only used same computer. It is not my computer problem. They insist it was my computer problem. And their customers system is poor. You can' t enter invoice number over three months or less tree months. I emailed them couple times they just relied bureaucracy answer.

Response from Abby P., Mr. Rebates Representative
Hello Erica,

We're so sorry that this interaction was so frustrating for you. It looks like customer support was able to resolve your claims, so we hope that has helped end what we're sorry to hear was a disappointing experience.

We understand that your orders with other stores are reporting automatically. However, stores' systems vary. Trying a different computer or browser has helped other customers experiencing issues with just one or two specific stores, which is why we suggested you do that for your next couple of Plant Therapy orders.

Due to stores' policies, we do have to allow up to 30 days before we can open claims with stores, and stores do not accept claims for orders over 90 days old. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you.
mf119
8/12/18

Over the past year or so I've been using Mr. Rebates more often than eBates due to the generally larger percentages they offer on the merchants I use, but while I've gotten several "big checks" from eBates, zip from Mr. Rebates. I finally checked my transaction history, only to find out it's almost entirely missing! All of those purchases I made through the app or website, making absolutely sure I was logged in and clicked through the web portal or app, and still somehow the only purchases I'm credited for are the few pennies I receive from buying a cheap eBay item at a whopping 1% cashback rate. Nearly $400 in motel stays, at an 8% rate...nothing. No record. I emailed, I left a one star review for the app on the Google Play Store, no response. Ok, Mr. R, I'm done. Guess I'll just use you guys for eBay, and only up to the point (probably 5 years from now, if you still exist) where I can reach the payout point, since I'm currently at like $7 or so which is crap after all the purchases I made that you failed to record. I now have ZERO trust in this company, and for every non-eBay purchase, or even an eBay purchase over $5, I'm going to use eBates since 5% cash back I actually get beats the heck out of 8%, 10%, or any other fictitious rate you are offering and never actually paying.

Response from Abby P., Mr. Rebates Representative
Dear M.F.

We are sorry that your cash back rebates have not reported promptly from Motel 6.

The best way to reach out to Mr. Rebates is to use the "Help" "Contact Us" area and we could assist you directly but we will do our best to assist you here on this review.

Please note that Motel 6 reports cash back after the completion of the paid stay as mentioned in the Motel 6 listings at Mr. Rebatese. Also, Motel 6 has been a bit delayed in their reporting as of late which may explain the missing cash back.

If you could please send an email to support@mrrebates.com with your order numbers from Motel 6, we can then resolve this issue for you further.

Thank you for your patience and we hope to hear from you so we can assist you further.

Mr. Rebates
Customer Service
theresab74
8/10/18

I've been using this site for years. Getting paid is always a breeze. They even contact you to remind you that you have money available and offer to send a check.

toms580
5/17/18

After having experienced several denied claims with other sites in the past, I was pleasantly surprised by MrRebates handling of my claim. It took a little while (though I imagine this fault lies entirely with the retailer), but they ended up approving my claim, with prompt, courteous communication along the way. I used to shop around the cash back sites, but I'm going to stick to MrRebates in the future.

tinar90
2/23/18

been using Mr.Rebate for almost 7 years now. decent company that I would recommend to friends. They are not the best out there but they among the few on the top

Response from Abby P., Mr. Rebates Representative
Thank you for your kind words. We're always striving to improve our service!
rebekahc8
2/1/18

I have been using Mr. Rebates for a good ten years. Oh, I've tried the other companies. When I shop, I open all my rebate accounts to choose the highest percent back. Over all this time, Mr. Rebates offers the highest percentages back.

Don't listen to the commercials. One does not "get paid to shop." One does not "make money" on these sites. However, one can EARN a bonus, like sending in the rebate slip at the supermarket with your store receipt.

To properly write this review, I went back as far as I can. So far, I have earned back over $555. (My ebates.com "big fat check" total for the same time period is about $73 BECAUSE I chose Mr. Rebates, whose percentages are consistently higher.)

For someone whose sporadic purchases are often under $50, I think that's pretty good!

Tip for consumers: It only takes a moment to compare percentages. Register for more than one cashback site. It doesn't cost you but it will let you go to whoever rebates the most for individual sales. There's no rule that you HAVE to be loyal to a single site.

Response from Abby P., Mr. Rebates Representative
We're so glad you're happy with our service. Here's to many more years of cash back!
leenab4
12/24/17

Stay away, they do not give you cash back. You always have to file a claim and the claim is always denied. These people are the scum. Try ebates instead, lower rates but guaranteed cash back without having to file claims.

Response from Abby P., Mr. Rebates Representative
We're sorry that you came away with such a negative impression of our site. The one claim you have submitted to us was denied because it was credited to Ebates, as we explained to you at the time. We can only provide cash back for orders credited to our site.
danm210
12/7/17

Mr Rebates is an excellent cash back program.
-easy to sign up and use
-shop online like you usually would, just start off on mr rebates site
-FREE $5 just for signing up
-request a check or paypal at $10 or save for bigger payback
-weekly and daily coupon specials
use this link (cut & paste) to get started: http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=1215562

Response from Abby P., Mr. Rebates Representative
Thanks for spreading the word!
joer242
11/23/17

Wow, after trying many rebates sites, (many that advertised more CB money), that would almost never pay out, I found Mr. Rebates... I have only had a couple (out of many) purchases not show up, and they have always taken care of it promptly, great customer service.

Highly recommended!

Response from Abby P., Mr. Rebates Representative
We're glad you've had such success with our site. We appreciate your business! We do pride ourselves on our excellent customer service, so we're delighted to hear that your experience has been so positive!
patrickl77
10/31/17

I have been using Mr. Rebates since 2009. Although I usually make my decision among cash back websites and airline shopping portal based on the return, I found Mr. Rebate usually has nearly up-to-date coupons that I can apply (which banks and airlines shopping portal may not have), on top of the rebates. So far they have never missed my purchases (or, when I use them correctly), but another popular website messed up with me for a big one (so now I don't always feel confident when using that website). In general I feel very comfortable with Mr. Rebates and have referred my close friends to use it.

I only sent my inquiry to the customer service once, on a Friday. While the website says they will reply within 1 business day (in my opinion Mon-Fri), the staff replied my on the next day (Saturday) with detailed info.

Mr. Rebates is one of my most important go-to rebate websites. Highly recommend!

Patrick L.

Response from Abby P., Mr. Rebates Representative
Our customer service is actually available 365 days a year in order to best take care of our customers' needs or questions. We're so glad you've had such a good experience with our site, and we look forward to many more years of getting you cash back!
ek196
10/22/17

It's a great way to earn some extra cash simply by starting at the MrRebates site, and then doing the same kind of online shopping I would do anyway. It seems to do a good job crediting all my purchases, but when I did have a minor problem, the customer service was top notch. I really like it.

Response from Abby P., Mr. Rebates Representative
Thank you for your kind words. We're happy to hear that you've had a positive experience,. We look forward to getting you cash back for many years to come!
alanes1
10/17/17

I love this cash-back site because:
Soooo many shopping options
It will pay out as soon as you reach $10, rather than make you wait for a quarterly check
(But you can also let it add up and get bigger checks)
Coupons and specials are advertised regularly
Weekly specials

Never had a single problem with the company, and whenever I need to buy something or get a hotel room or rental car I always start here. Highly recommended.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you START at Mr. Rebates -- and if you visit another site before it, then CLEAR YOUR CACHE because those sites may have placed cookies on your machine.

The company can't give you a rebate unless it gets one -- that is, unless your purchase comes from Mr. Rebates and not from PreviousSiteVisited.com. Pretty simple, right?

Response from Abby P., Mr. Rebates Representative
Great advice, Alane! Thank you for your business, and we look forward to serving you up plenty more rebates in the future!
penelopek3
5/8/17

I will have been using Mrrebates for over 2 years now, and have received over $1000 back so far. It really does add up. The difficulties that most people experience with this site is that they can not have another browser open when using Mrrebates. Only use the Mrrebates site when shopping. I never have a problem when I do this. And yes, it does take three months at first to receive your $ , but if you shop online as much as I do, you will be getting $ every month if you shop every month. Mrrebates also pays out a higher percentage than ebates, except maybe for Ebay store. They also tell you which stores have specials going on which will save you even more $! I love Mr Rebates!!!

Response from Abby P., Mr. Rebates Representative
We're so glad that your experience has been such a good one with our site. Thanks for being such a great customer, and here's to another $1,000+ rebates in the future!
joang32
4/9/17

Used to be good, till recently I found missing rebates frequently (over 70%). You can't file a claim within 30 days, and they expect you to forget after 3 months, so they can refuse to give the rebate back to you. I contacted the customer service, they said it's my fault, because my browser installed Ad-block, which is a shameless lie (I know what I am talking about because I am a software engineer myself). I use ebates too, never had any problem.

Response from Abby P., Mr. Rebates Representative
We're sorry that you had such a frustrating experience. We will always pass along cash back whenever we are credited for a purchase. If we have to deny you, it is because the store has either denied a claim or, with older purchases, will not consider an inquiry. In those cases, we are not compensated and thus cannot pass along cash back. We apologize for any inconvenience the 30-day waiting period creates, but reporting times can vary greatly (even with the same stores) so we give merchants a full 30 days to alert us to purchases.

Regarding Adblock, the program is known to cause some issues with many, but not all, stores' tracking systems. So some transactions may still be reported automatically while others are not. Since we do not control the tracking systems, we can only advise customers on the most common factors that can cause tracking problems. Since Adblock interferes with automatic tracking with so many stores, we ask customers to disable it -- at least during purchases. Customers who do this see their tracking issues eased.
johnc696
3/12/17

When I reached $9.95 and $10 for withdraw but this fcking program stopped me at that point and I can't do anything to reach 5 cents for withdrawing. Fcking troll people. Never use it and highly warning. Thank you!

Response from Abby P., Mr. Rebates Representative
We're sorry that you had such a negative experience. We do not stop rebates at any particular point. Many customers have earned and been paid hundreds -- or even thousands -- of dollars. Please contact customer service, and we will see what can be done about your situation.
dum27
4/9/16

Many of my purchases through MrRebates do not show up, even after 30 days. So many times I have had to file a claim to get the rebates that should be automatically posted to my account. Amazon is one of the biggest culprits. They are allowed to advertise various rebate promotions but often do not report the cash back transactions to MrRebates.

When I asked MrRebates how Amazon can get away with this, I received this response: "Unfortunately, there are a couple of stores (Amazon and eBay/Half.com) that refuse to consider claims. In order to become affiliates, and therefore offer any cash back to our customers, we have to agree to that condition."

I say it's time to boot these non-complying stores that are reaping huge sales from unsuspecting customers of MrRebates and not coming through with the promised rebates.

Tip for consumers: Keep track of ALL purchases you make through MrRebates, and periodically check them against your MrRebates account to make sure the rewards have posted. If they have not posted within 30 days, do not hesitate to file a claim for the money that you are entitled to!

Response from Abby P., Mr. Rebates Representative
We're sorry that you'v been having such a hard time with your rebates. Please consider contacting customer service so that they can do some troubleshooting.
shirleyb55
2/3/16

This sites takes forever to post money to my account. Then when the money is posted it takes 3 months for those funds to become available. Ebates is a lot faster. I have funds from November that haven't become available by Feb. The last order i placed with Mr. rebates was on December 27th. This means in order for me to receive a large lump sum check I need to wait until the end of march to get back money from orders placed in November. Mr. rebates usually have a larger cashback percentage but is it worth if i you have to wait forever to get your money back? that the decision you have to make.

rondam4
10/18/15

I have been using ebates a lot more because I always get my rebate. It seems the past couple years I have to write to Mr. Rebates get my rebate and you have to wait a month before you can complain. I have lost quite a few rebates from Mr. Rebates because I forget by the time the month came. I stayed at a motel twice in the past month and did not get my rebate. I make sure I click through and if I feel I may have done something wrong before I book the room I start all over and do it right.It was only about $1.20 rebate for each stay but it ads up after a while. I have written to Mr rebates because I still have 2 weeks since the first motel stay before I can make a complaint of no rebate. I will start using ebates all the time and take the less % so I no longer have to go through this. Who knows maybe it's because I use google crome and not IE. I know other site have issues with GC.

mykolai
6/17/15

I'm use only Mr.Rebates for cashback. All is ok. But all time we have problems with Amazon cashback.

andreac66
5/31/15

I WON A VOUCHER OF $100 TO USE IN HOTWIRE WEBSITE, I HAD NEVER HEARD ABOUT THIS WEBSITE, BUT AS I HAD THE VOUCHER I DECIDED TO MAKE THE RESERVATION. I MADE 2 RESERVATIONS AND REQUESTED TO APPLY THE VOUCHER INTO MY RESERVATION, I DIDI EVERYTHING I WAS ASKED FRO IN THE WEBSITE AND AFTER I PUT MY CREDIT CARD DETAILS THEY DIDIN'T APPLIED THE VOUCHER AND I HAD TO PAY FOR THE FULL AMOUNT. I CALLED THE COMPANY AS I THOUGHT IT WAS A MINOR PROBLEM AND IT COULD BE SORTED EASILY. IT WAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER THEY MADE ME WAIT ALMOST AN HOUR TO SAY THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO, EVEN THOUGHT IT WAS THEIR MISTAKE (WEBSITE MISTAKE) THEY DIDIN'T GAVE ME ANY SOLUTIONS AND TOM (SUPERVISOR) COULDN'T CARE LESS. I UNDERSTAND NOW THTA THE WEBSITE USE FRAUDULENT ACTIONS SUCH AS THIS VOUCHERS TO MAKE YOU BOOK WITH THE WEBSITE AND THEN CHARGE THE TOTAL AMOUNT, THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN GET ANY REFUND OR EITHER APPLY YOUR "VOUCHER" ANYWHERE. WORST THING IS THAT THEY DON'T CARE AT ALL, I WORK IN CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THIS WAS BY FAR WORST SERVICE I HAVE RECEIVED, THEY DON'T GIVE ANY POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS OR TRY TO COMPENSATE ANY MISTAKE ON THEIR SIDE. I REALLY ADVICE NOT TO BOOK THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, IF FOR ANY REASON YOU HAVE ANY ISSUE OR YOU NEED TO MAKE ANY EVEN SMALL TYPE OF AMENDMENTS THEY WILL NOT HELP YOU AND YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR MONEY. THERE ARE THOUSAND OF OTHER WEBSITES THAT WORK MUCH BETTER, I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND IT WAS A VOUCHER THAT I WON, BUT WHAT REALLY MAKES IT SO DISSAPOINTING IS THAT THIS IS ONLY A WAY TO MAKE YOU BOOK AND THEN FOOL YOU.

shirleyd15
8/27/14

Love Mr. Rebates...only have a problem occasionally with HSN but I notify Mr. Rebates and they solve the problem. Just won an Ipad mini from HSN a few weeks ago and I never win anything. Needless to say, I'm thrilled. Rebates and an Ipad mini. Thanks!

anitah5
12/19/13

I purchased a vacation package from Hotwire by clicking through Mr. Rebates. Got the confirmation email from Hotwire in less than 30 minutes. I thought all was done and just sat and waited for my rebate to come through. After reasonable amount of time and still didn't see the rebate, I contacted Mr. Rebates. They did respond right away and filed a claim with Hotwire. A few days later, MR sent me an email saying the claim was denied because Hotwire needed an order ID (which I never received) to process the claim, and that MR told me to contact Hotwire. Dealing with Hotwire was frustrating. All CSR claimed they don't know anything about MR. While I was going back and forth with them, Abigail from MR sent me a follow-up email providing more information about order ID etc. I was pleasantly surprised because she could have just left me in the cold with Hotwire but she didn't. I cc MR all emails with Hotwire. Abigail went out of her way to talk to the supervisor and they decided to offer me a courtesy credit because of all the trouble I was going through. Genuine customer service it is!!! I know some customers complained about not getting rebates from MR. This experience told me sometimes it can be the merchants' fault, who intentionally dock MR's commission, at the same time taking away our rebates.

marys106
12/1/13

There is nothing but trouble when you purchase with Mr. Rebates for HSN online shopping..Both my daughter and myself cannot get our rebates when we use HSN. Mr. Rebates tells us we are doing something wrong or it must be our computer..Sounds ridiculous because we use the same computers to purchase from other online merchants and we do get our rebate credit from all of those...I am convinced it is the HSN site because it is the only one we have trouble with.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hello Sharon, Please email mobilesupport@mrrebates.com so we can assist you further as we do not understand your question without more details. Thank you. Mr. Rebates, Inc.

By Abby P., Mr. Rebates Representative

Questions? Get answers from the Mr. Rebates staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Mr. Rebates