Review of Mozilla Firefox

San Francisco, CA 94105, US
research_requests@mozilla.com

raneea
1/4/19

I use to be all over Mozilla when it first came out then a 10+ year loyal fan of the program. As technology advances I'm finding most web pages are not compatible with Mozilla. I'm finding my self quit frequently swapping between I.E. and Mozilla. Chrome is quickly winning the battle. With Chrome I never have to switch web browsers and everything is compatible with it. I'm also finding it more secure than Mozilla.

georgef176
11/11/18

I use firefox a lot and I like it. For me it's better than Chrome, and it absolutely puts default windows browsers to shame.

gitab1
10/13/17

I used to use FF Mozilla anytime I could, but more and more I am opting for Internet Explorer. IE may not be updated but I never experience the gaping holes in security. This would include fake news aggregator websites, and fake websites. For instance one website instantly informed me I had a bug on my phone, which made me close out really quick, and of course there was no bug. Other times to exit a site, I keep having to fill out "check if you are not a robot" forms (repeatedly). Other times the website tells me that the site is not secure (but it doesn't say the same thing if I enter the site using IE). Other times I enter the site, then get kicked off after signing in while using FF. So all this tells me is that either the public computer I am using at the library or the FF Mozilla has gaping holes through which hackers are trying to steal information. Fortunately, I mostly use an alias while doing any social networking or consumer reporting. However, I notice that whatever is FF's problem, the institutions are also no longer supporting or listing FF in their university SEO platforms. Well, why would they if the SE is unreliable. I used to support FF because I know they are supposedly independent and user-supported, but exactly who are the users right now, I don't know. Maybe FF Mozilla has been infiltrated by a bunch of NSA hackers. I am very disappointed. My report is due to wasting over 45 minutes submitting a consumer report at a site that kept kicking me off, then filing the same report through entering at IE, and finding very little problems such as the site repeatedly requiring robot-form filling then kicking me off anyways.

davidh453
1/12/17

Works perfectly for me at any of the working tasks. Loads of add-ons and features, never let me down. Awesome!

davidd190
6/23/16

Was having dreadful probs with microsoft Edge web browser ( kept having pregnant pauses
which were driving me up the wall,) reinstalled windows 10 but this didn't help, was on the
verge of reverting to windows 7 but decided to try a different web browser first, it's quite
early days I guess but so far firefox has been brilliant, no pregnant pauses, overall web
browsing is much faster.

artr12
3/6/16

it is a confusing world out there, but mozilla's browser "Firefox" and their organization has been solid as a rock and giving good service to me for over a decade. You can synch all your devices from the browser and have the same stuff on all of your devices. Like android, mozilla firefox has many addons to make your browsing experience safe, pleasant, and capable. This is a great organization and a great browser.

Tip for consumers: I think they were the first browser to offer Tabbed browsing which everyone quickly copied.

micheleb33
1/4/16

I'm using Firefox 44.0b4 on a mac, and it freezes and crashes every time I use it. It is often incredibly slow and scrolling is very rough, if it scrolls at all. It just quits in the middle of a project or bank transaction. The screen when I open Firefox again just says "this is embarrassing, we can't seem to find your page." They don't own up to their problems and issues. Instead, they give long, confusing lists of things to try to fix their many glitches that never work.

jackc57
4/6/14

Mozzilla is a free and best browser. Good for user and developer.

nikkib14
2/15/14

Awesome browser. Free and easy to use. No complaints.

lyndseya
11/5/13

Firefox is the fastest brower I have ever used. The only regret may be, some links are IE supported only.

martinb11
9/8/11

Before Mozila came into the market its very cumbersome to surf on the web . But thanks to Mozila and Firefox which make the life more easy , I love Mozila

omegar
1,507 helpful votes
8/10/11

This site is the best. I have tried using Internet Explorer and it was very slow to access the internet plus it did not have the power to open up other sites that I might Google. With this site-Its like WOW all over. This site does it all! Internet Explorer can't compete!

it's as if Internet Explorer and Mozilla were in a wrestling match-Mozilla would pin Internet Explorer (IE) down on the mat for the three count each and every time!

maryb23
8/10/11

Don't know why anyone would use Internet Explorer when they can use Firefox. Much faster, less buggy, and completely free!

Plus, they have a whole bunch of free plugins that do nifty things like block pop-up ads, (and REALLY block them), enable you to download video, etc.

Great browser! Highly recommend!

chrisc23
1/23/11

A very good website of a very good free world-famous web-browser, firefox. Absolutely virus/trojan etc. free.
Recommended.

madisons
3/26/10

Who could hate firefox? It is an amazing web browser that runs fast and better than IE8, Safari, Chrome (but questionable for chrome). But something I could say for sure it is the most customizable of all of them.

Thunder Bird, well lets just say when you have some good products you have to have some not as good ones... Thunder Bird works well for most people, but I couldn't get it to work that well for me, I am not saying it isn't a good program it is just I didn't have much luck with it. 4/4 Mozilla is amazing!

chriso1
3,068 helpful votes
9/26/09

Only one review of Mozilla.com? Maybe it goes without saying but in any case, this is the home site of the Firefox web browser and Thunderbird email client. The latter doesn't get that much attention these days, as many web users are moving toward online email accounts, but nevertheless it's a solid competitor for Microsoft offerings if you use POP3 email on your home computer.

As for Firefox, it's currently the most popular of the non-Microsoft offerings, largely due to the endless range of free third-party extensions which allow you to build pretty much any kind of browsing experience. Professionals like it as they can customize it for work, and the rest of us can easily add ad-blockers, flash downloaders, download managers, custom scripts, etc etc etc.

This is not a review of third-party extensions, that wouldn't be possible given the wide selection available, but I'll mention a few that I use myself and recommend.

Adblock plus - say bye bye to almost every ad, everywhere.

Autopager - turns many multiple paged sites (think Google) into one long page, no need to keep clicking "next".

W.O.T - Web Of Trust - be alerted to dangerous sites, recommended to especially useful ones.

TooManyTabs - endless rows of extra tabs for those sites you wish you could fit on the standard bookmark bar, and none of them use any memory until you load the page.

And lastly Greasemonkey, which in itself does nothing but provide a facility to run user scripts in the browser. These scripts mainly alter the look and/or functionality of web pages. Most useful for me: being able to have auto-signing in on Yahoo, which otherwise prompts me for my login every time. And there are many scripts which modify and improve on the experience of using Google pages, too.

There are hundreds of ready-made scripts and hundreds (if not thousands - yet) of tried and tested extensions. But even without a single one of these, Firefox unmodified remains the best alternative browser around. It's fast, reliable and constantly evolving, and it draws little criticism even from die-hard Internet Explorer users.

Even if you love IE8, you can still run as many web browsers as you like on the same machine. Given the widespread appreciation and support that Firefox enjoys, it makes sense to install it and at least play around with it for a while - even if for some reason you still prefer to stick with IE or boldly go with Chrome.

steven
6/18/08

Firefox 3 is so fast! Not sure why anyone uses IE anymore (bc it sucks) - I liked Firefox 2, but sometimes it would get a little slow, start eating up memory, and have trouble with certain scripts. But Firefox 3 is awesome. It feels A LOT faster and more stable. I LOVE IT!

Lifehacker lists the top 10 new features: <a href="http://lifehacker.com/392160/top-10-firefox-3-features" target="_blank">http://lifehacker.com/392160/top-10-firefox-3-features</a>

Advanced user tips: <a href="http://lifehacker.com/396312/power-users-guide-to-firefox-3" target="_blank">http://lifehacker.com/396312/power-users-guide-to-firefox-3</a>

And you can transfer your passwords: <a href="http://lifehacker.com/396431/transfer-your-firefox-2-passwords-into-firefox-3" target="_blank">http://lifehacker.com/396431/transfer-your-firefox-2-passwords-into-firefox-3</a>

Questions? Get answers from the Mozilla Firefox staff and other customers.

Mozilla Firefox?