Review of MovingHelp

Phoenix, Arizona 85004, US
support@movinghelp.com

mj348
11/8/19
Paid for job, Fast Track Moving. They never showed up, left several messages on phone, they never even returned calls. Moving help was no help, even in getting my money refunded. Would not recommend.
roberts2271
10/30/19
Booked two guys for a simple trailer load of a one bedroom apartment (I have a heart problem so I dont tend to move stuff much). Guy texts me on the morning of the move that they dont work in the rain and we can reschedule for 'tomorrow'. NO! I drove 4 hours to meet these guys at my daughters apartment. They said the ramps get slippery. No ramps...just a trailer. Wanted to post a review where I booked, but you cant review if you didn't pay. On top of it, MovingHelp sent me an email saying that its not their fault, they are independent, they have NOTHING to do with any of it. If you put me together with these clowns, you have something to do with it. All I wanted was a way to warn others that this company that was contracted, failed to show....but there is no way to do so
juliei25
10/30/19
Very friendly and prompt service. I would use them again. The two movers were very careful moving all furniture. I had gotten a truck that was too small but they strategically fit my furniture.
ryanw264
10/28/19
Doing a cross country move. Hired movers from MovingHelp.com to help me load the Uhaul at Point A, and another set of movers to help unload the Uhaul when I reached my destination at Point B. Point A movers never showed up leaving me high and dry and forcing me to try and load the Uhaul by myself after recently getting out of the hospital. After attempting to call the moving company 3 or 4 times throughout the day and leaving multiple voicemails with them, I called and spoke with Judy at MovingHelp.com, whose only resolution was to cancel Point A's reservation. In doing so she also cancelled Point B's reservation. When I asked if she indeed did cancel both reservations she assured me she did not...she was mistaken. Due to Point A movers complete lack of professionalism (should probably look into a different line of business), I had to hire an entire new set of movers on short notice for the following day, pay for a nights stay at a hotel, and incur other Misc. charges. And thanks to Judy's error I had to hire new movers for Point B's arrival.
Moral of the story...MovingHelp.com is worthless and unnecessary. Your time and money would be better served if you simply set up your own movers.
valw66
10/27/19
We needed to store our furniture for a few weeks while we waited for our home to be completed. Because of the cost of moving and storage, UBoxes seemed like a viable choice. Upon reserving the boxes, I stated I would need assistance, and I was assigned a company called Magnificent Mighty Movers. I thought because I insured the boxes, the contents would be covered for damages. It was apparent when the UBoxes were opened, furniture pads were not utilized. Bags of unopened furniture pads from UHaul tumbled out of the boxes. Following the move, I immediately pointed out two items to one of the owners, and he assured me he would take care of it. One was a leather chair and the other a nightstand. As we unpacked and moved furniture around, we discovered countless gouges on both the furniture and the new walls. One in particular was a deep gouge and nearly foot long scratch on a maple drop leaf table built by my late father. I immediately contacted UHaul who explained the movers were a contract company and are overseen by MovingHelp. The UHaul representative also stated these movers are trained before they are contracted, and it sounded as though they did not use the furniture pads in packing the UBoxes. I photographed and documented everything so I would have a record of damages. I contacted MovingHelp with my documentation, and I was told I needed to make a claim, and that they encourage the consumer to work things out with the provider. The company owners have only had excuses and believed they could fix the damages themselves. I know that I will not be satisfied with this and have consulted furniture repair expert who said the surface of dining room table will need to be planed down in order to correct because of the deep gouge. We moved August 5, and we are now looking at 3 months. I am disgusted with the whole process. UHaul needs to be more prudent in who they recommend, MovingHelp is a worthless scam of a company with no assistance in mediating between the consumer and the movers. In the end, this move is costing me more than if I had gone with a professional moving company and paid the cost for storage. I'm attaching two examples.
randolphp16
10/26/19
This was the worst moving experience I could imagine. The sent some crew out called camouflage moving. They were unapologetic in being late and when I ask the lead guy not to deny my wife's credenza, he said I should have wrapped it and that damage happens when moving. Then he immediately say he was leaving. His helper flashed a gang sign and threatened me. This is what Uhaul sent to my house. Never again...
toddb226
10/26/19
Save yourself a headache. Purchased service from this company. They charged me in advance. I confirmed with the assigned movers. Day of the move they did not show up or answer calls or text. Customer support (HA, HA) does not recognize my account or that they booked the service even though they charged us for it and sent a confirmation number.
Find a reputable local mover and don't mess with this unorganized, unprofessional operation.

Todd Bishop
jessicaz49
10/18/19
I had a false sense of security because of the affiliation with Uhaul, a company that I no longer have any respect for. Adding to the false sense of security is the claims section of the website, which is a farce, and the fact that usually there is since protection that comes with using a credit card as payment. The movers hired through the site didn't mention that they badly damaged several pieces of the furniture during the move. It didn't occur to me that I needed to inspect every piece after they said they successfully moved everything. After finding my mirrored dresser, headboard, antique chest, and washer damaged, I contacted movinghelp.com and filed a claim through their website. Their response was they are a neutral party and don't do anything (though they have the claim section of their website and of course collect a fee with each booking). The moving company won't respond and movinghelp won't even require them to respond and continues to let them advertise on their site. I am so disappointed in both the moving company and the website. I was scammed by both.
reviewy
10/13/19
I contacted moving help to receive assistance before paying for services to avoid a potential misunderstanding. Jessica, the admin on live chat, didn't answer one of my questions. Why is Jessica employed if she can't do her one job, which is to answer customer questions? Instead of Jessica answering any of my questions, she decided to give me provide me with a customer service telephone number that seems redundant. When I called the number, I was informed I would be charged $9 to make a reservation. Had Jessica felt like doing her one job, my service could be complete and booked. Hello, Jessica, you are hired to do a job. Don't give a customer a telephone number of someone else that can help me when you are perfectly able according to your employment contract to assist customers with simple questions. If not, the unemployment line should be of good use to you soon. To Jessica's manager, seriously consider terminating this employee. If Jessica was rude and useless to me, how many other people is she incompetent towards as well? Thanks to Jessica I will not be utilizing MovingHelp nor the third party within their website.
davids2579
10/13/19
Exceptional job. Could not have asked for a better group of movers. Very nice, very professional, extremely hard working and efficient. Packed the Uboxes perfectly.
bigd80
10/3/19
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS $#*!IN SITE!!!!!! THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF THEY $#*!IN DO NOT CARE ABOUT ANYONE AT ALL!!!
chady6
9/22/19
MovingHelp.com only puts you in touch with movers, but they will not stand with you in the event of an issue. You are forced to work it out directly with the mover, which basically means you are HOSED. I even had a mover (EZMove in Tampa) not show up for a move, and after contacting MovingHelp.com for help, I was told to work it out directly with the mover (who would not even answer my calls after they no-showed), but then the customer service representative that I was chatting with ended the chat (yeah, even worse you can't even speak to a real person). In summary, MovingHelp.com and EZMove in Tampa are definitely not worth the risk. Work with a reputable company if you want peace of mind that you'll have a smooth move.
aaronc187
9/19/19
U-Box International INTERNALLY booked the delivery service, which was scheduled on August 16 and provided by MovingHelp at the cost of US$239.95. MovingHelp contracted the U-Box delivery & load/unload service to Service Perfecto (contact phone #: *******772). The mover called me and started to demand more money in the evening on August 15. I told the mover that I've paid the full amount to MovingHelp and would release the charge after the service is done. Surprisingly, the mover told me at 9:33am on August 16 that the service was cancelled. When I called back MovingHelp, I was told that the service was actually cancelled at 9:16am by "someone" online. I didn't cancel the service because I couldn't even find the order under my MovingHelp account because the deliver was booked internally by U-Haul U-Box International. The MovingHelp claimed that "someone" cancelled the service online at 9:16am, and also claimed that the service was not cancelled by MovingHelp. Because of this cancellation, the MovingHelp refused to refund the full amount of charge of US$239.95 although no service was provided. The MovingHelp insisted to charge $9.95 because the service was booked over the phone by U-BOX. But the bottom line is the whole service was not honored at all, and the $9.95 was charged for nothing provided.
yourf5
9/18/19
I cancelled my move with them via voicemail and u-haul and when they called to confirm. They still charged my F**king card. Disputing it with the charge card bank now. CAVEAT EMPTOR!!
jennif3937
9/14/19
The right hand does not know what the left is doing. Customer service did not know how to assist with very basic website matter. Database is outdated. Specific and important information regarding movers is not provided. Good thing I was proactive to call. Otherwise, move day he would have shown up at 4:30 as he is not available until that time. Uhaul should reconsider. Lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas.
jayj227
9/13/19
I employed one of their contractors who damaged items in the move. I could not get any satisfaction from the contractor so I called movinghelp and all they did was to put me on the phone with the contractor. Putting the contractor on the spot, he acted concerned but in the end did not pay for any damage. When I contacted movinghelp about this, I was informed by movinghelp that they are a neutral party. The only thing they did was to give me contact info for the contractor. How helpful. I already had that and at this point, the contractor quit taking my calls & messages!
humanm
9/12/19
I cancelled my appointment and was told that the money they had charged my credit card would be returned, but they only returned part of what they charged me. There website says that you can cancel your orders and they will return your money, so why didn't they return my money? It's frustrating. I would try to hire movers without going through them. They didn't provide a lot of value for me, they just stole my money.
elliew35
9/11/19
This website has ZERO customer service. Their website had a "glitch" and released a payment for a service I had yet to receive. They said I released the payment, which I didn't...hello; but then continued to state a time and well they wouldn't even of been around at that time. So another lie. They will not give any customer service or take credit for the issue on their site! So now, the helpers do not even have to show up and just got paid $200 for no work. Because the site wasn't working correctly and cashed out a service that was scheduled for a date in the future. Their "customer service " said, you have to contact the helpers, and see if they will give you the money back or help. Basically saying a big F you for our site sucking and F you for wanting to have it fixed. The customer service is straight up garbage, it sucks and their sites accuracy is subpar as you can see. So do NOT use them, they are garbage. I would like to tell workers on the site to advertise elsewhere because they suck!!!! Horrible
rajeevj4
9/1/19
It was a struggle and worst experience ever. They dont take any responsibility of contracts they are cutting out and End customer suffers. They dont even confirm with the movers and at least check if they exist even. Movers never got in touch, did not show up and I kept calling them with no one picking it up. I was stranded in a downtown street with my loaded truck. I called them countless times and no one picked up the phone. Movinghelp asked me to cancel and reschedule the labor. Irresponsible, unreliable and very unprofessional. I had plenty of time when I scheduled it, If they were not capable enough of showing up they could have informed ahead of time. Customer care was of no help as well. I kept calling them, dialing their options and emailing them, they gave me same number and asked me to call again and again. They did not even help in arranging another mover.I had to hire locals by overpaying after several hours of struggle. Me and my wife unloaded half of the truck and we paid for parking whole day. My whole day was ruined.
ering115
8/31/19
DO NOT USE!!!!!!!!!!!! My movers didn't show up. When Uhaul connected me to moving help (because moving help doesn't post a phone number...), they got me other, more expensive movers. When I called those movers, they said they could t move that day. Moving Help left me completely screwed on the day of my lease. I AM DEMANDING A REFUND AND WILL NEVER EVER USE THEIR SERVICES AGAIN.
ancaz
8/30/19
The movers did not show up for the job and we waited for one hour at the site. We had rented and driven a truck for two hours only for the movers to not show up. In the end we paid for the truck and were not able to load some of the things we planed to. This is very disappointing and unprofessional. We could have been warned at least a day in advance if no helpers were available. "Safe Convenient Reliable"??? Definitely not!!! Total SCAM!
db536
8/30/19
Movinghelp.com was the worst customer service and moving experience of my life. "Johnny" is at best an aggressive and intentional unhelpful customer service rep, and at worst a fraud. Do not book with them, unless you want to lose your hired help the day before your move.
hebaa22
8/30/19
Never again. This is a SCAM. They do not even have a phone number and live chat takes forever.If you want a reliable service go somewhere else. I booked this moving service "called Right Way Is Best Way Moving" 3 weeks in advance and no one contacted me until the day before the moving. They contacted me by email and mentioned among the questions that they are not available anytime between 12pm-4pm which was the time I reserved them for. I contacted them and they stated that they have been double booked due to updates in the website and con not do anything about it. I had everything booked around that time period and I was supposed to cancel everything or change everything to fit their schedule. Both companies also absolutely refused to honor the deal and compensate us for the difference we are going to pay to any other company we are booking through. I even tried to call them back and email them to work around their time and change the moving time to the morning but was not able to get through. This is not something I wish for anyone while trying to get through last minute packing.
johno394
8/26/19
U-Box set up order for deliver & load & return to U-Haul for 7boxes in Asheville, NC. Talked to Rebecca, Melanie, Chantia (twice w/ her) was quoted firm price of $1002.95. Next day, Rana Sprivrilli advised that we were not on the loading schedule and I had to cancel order order and enter new one. NEW PRICE $720 TOTAL.
Two days later, received a new call from H&H Movers and they advise new price $997 total and I have to call U-'Box and place the order over again,
Same day, talked to Judy with U-Box (won't give her last name; says she doesn't have one. Must be like Cher), She says she must change the price $1400.
Tried to explain that they caused the cancellation and U-Box did this because they wanted to raise the price.
Judy No Name says that H&H Movers won't do it for $997 and U-BOX can't book it for that even I just spoke to H&H and that advised that they will take the business for that number.
Don's say you weren't warned.
John O.
jayt154
8/22/19
Movers never showed up. They never called or text the day before. MovingHelp.com washes their hands of any responsibility with respect to what happens after you pay. They charge you upfront and it takes a long time to get your money back. Millers Honest Moving Company - they are great, fast and affordable.

Do not use these people. They don't care if they ruin your furniture. They are very inexperienced, and are a total rip off!! Don't believe what you read about them on MovingHelp, that's completely false!!

By Michelle M.

A good moving company is Almighty Movers. I used them before and they are professional, did a great job, and do not overcharge. I about to move again, and will be using them again for sure!! You can count on them for help.

By Michelle M.

Questions? Get answers from the MovingHelp staff and other customers.

MovingHelp?