Review of MoneyGram

Tel: 1-800-926-9400
fraud@moneygram.com

vancer18
8/4/18

I have used Money gram for several years. Sent to the same person for years. MoneyGram has NEVER had one issue or complaint about it. Nor have I until today. Today I get an error message. And it says to call. I did, talking to a wall would have been as helpful. Said they were no longer comfortable with my business. And my account was terminated. I asked the only question that matters, why. Why would they be happy to take my money all these years for the SAME transactions and than today stop? Not for thousands of dollars. Not even hundreds. I was sending 50 US dollars. And that or 100 is what I have sent for years. They can see that. They have both of our banking information. Neither of us EVER had an issue. No charge of fraud.

And my request for an explanation was met with I need to find another service. I am off Sundays. I am going to comment on EVERY review board and the BBB about it.

mikes637
12/20/17

When attempting to wire money to a friend in Thailand on-line, I received an error message. Therefore, I called in and was told that I could not send money. When I inquired as to why, I was transferred to a supervisor who very rudely told me that Moneygram did no want my business, and that he was under no obligation to tell me why.

Flabbergasted, I went on Western Union and was able to wire the money within minutes.

I was mostly taken aback by the rudeness of the 'supervisor', and how dismissive he was in telling me that my business was not important to his company.

His name was Javier, and he claimed to be the highest supervisor I could speak to.

My main concern is that these people now have my financial information!!!!

jaredg11
7/24/17

I drove around 4 different places to get the money my mother sent me before one of them could actually give it to me. That is so far beyond acceptable that there's no words for it even. I had to go to a very dangerous neighborhood to finally collect with my upscale car. It was extremely irritating and inconsiderate and makes me feel like they don't fix their machines to try to keep the money being received so they could keep it. Extremely suspicious.

marya604
3/8/17

Says you can send money as a guest without an account. That is not true. They want to know everything about you everything. Back and front of drivers license, where you lived, when you bought your hone, cars etc. Now remember you are the one sending the money. Why is this needed in case somewhere in the far future someone may hack your account. The people say there is no supervisiors. So my suggestion. If using moneygram. Do it in persob not on line. They want way to much personal information and the people answeing the phone are not in the USA

lindal171
5/9/16

I was a MoneyGram.com customer for over 5 years. It was an easy and quick way for me to be able send money to my family in Mexico. Using the phone at the store always took at least an hour and the people on the other end rarely got the information correct the first time. I recently was blocked from my on-line account. According to the email and customer service I was blocked because of breach of Terms & Conditions. The interesting part comes when you ask them what or why, their answer was that for security reason they cannot tell me! I am not able to go into a store to send money when an emergency with my granddaughter occurs. They have discriminated against me and cannot even provide any information to prove their decision. WESTERN UNION is one cent less than MoneyGram and has been overly helpful in assisting me. So after being a promoter and supporter of MoneyGram.com I feel the public should reconsider using MoneyGram and really look at their practices.

grahamj14
1/27/16

I signed up to Moneygram recently and was asked to call them to verify my account and complete some security checks before I could proceed.
I was answered by a foreign sounding man who I had difficulty understanding.
From the beginning his tone was arrogant and rude and spoke to me as iff I was an imbecile.
The questions he asked were more of a personal nature and had nothing to do with security.
At the end he told me that my application had been refused.
He gave no reason why this decision had been made.
Since then Moneygram have blocked my account.
For customer service and rudeness this is the worst company I have ever had dealings with.
Avoid at all cost.

jadew6
1/5/15

this is SUCH a no gimmick and no hassel service site. it was sooooooooo easy for me to send money overseas. when western union was HORRIBLE. they keep rejecting my transactions. it has ALWAYS been a headache with western union and having to change modes of payment just to make something go thru. i'm not sure why i didn't try moneygram before. i mean seriously. i don't know who told me western union is the only money transfer company. i had been suffering with them for years. i now have an account set up online with moneygram and whenever i get a chance i send money with a click of a couple of buttons. no hassle, no money holds, no "wait for approval" crap that western union has put me thru all these years. thanks moneygram!

Questions? Get answers from the MoneyGram staff and other customers.

MoneyGram?