Review of MaxSold

Tel: 1-866-672-3677 ext 2
support@maxsold.com

manharp
7/10/19

First time I have bid on Auction and now I am hooked with buying. Soon I will need help to get rid of my newly acquired collection.
This is a buyer-friendly auction. I bought six items from seller manage auction for about $325 recently. Two Items were claimed "new" but was used. I was bidding on Item based on wrong information. I demanded a refund and return this Item. Within 24 hours they investigate and resolve the issue to my satisfaction. MaxSold staff are very professional and customer friendly. I don't think any other auction company as good as MaxSold.

christinen77
7/4/19

Maxsold is a business designed to generate alot of income for themselves. My auction was very disappointing. Very little revenue but of course, they got their fee as well as the bidders fees, making more money than the Sellers (us). Many people picking up their essentially free bids complained that during the bidding process the bidding froze, saying the server was too busy. This resulted in very low bids. I may as well of given everything away, after hours and hours of preparation with the Seller managed sale. I will not ever use this service again, nor bid on any of their auctions and participate in making them money. When I called on the weekend during pickup times with an issue, noone was available to answer the phone. Someone could do a much better job and create a far better service than this one!!

sarahn181
6/30/19

Had a great experience with Maxsold. The team they sent knew what they were doing, they were professional and helpful with getting the house ready for the sale and the day of the sale as well.

christinef150
6/27/19

My seller managed auction was so easy from beginning to end. Any snags were easily rectified with a quick phone call. Organization is the key along with carefully thought out descriptions. Pickup day was a breeze with good organization and sorting skills along with a few friends to help out. I will definitely do it again.

robp119
6/27/19

For seller managed auctions, the 30% fee is high considering the seller does everything except the web site. Also you should reduce the fees to the buyer. Lower fees means more sales and higher sale values which in turn gives Maxsold and the seller more money. Also more people would be willing to do a Maxsold. Many comments I get from customers picking up the items are the fees are too high. Stop gouging your customers!

lorib267
6/26/19

The biggest issue I have is with the lack of descriptions and this is the reason I pass by without bidding on a lot of items; it's so frustrating. 1) failure to list the dimensions and identify which # is associated with the width, depth and height (not always easy to tell from a picture). 2) please describe the colour - hard to tell when it's not a very good photo and a colour may look completely different on one computer than another. 3) using the word "untested"; do you not think you would get more money if you took a second to plug in an item to see if it works; or just be honest and say not working or that it worked when last used.

edgarr51
6/10/19

I think that I should have grouped together more items on each lot for purposes of selling more stuff.

dianel235
6/10/19

You need a peace of mind go to MaxSold .Never having a problem with the items I have bought From MaxSold.When I go to pick up my items I found it very organized people are very friendly.When there is a problem it is taken care of.I got the honor to work with Adam ,Maxsold had more employees like Adam ,MaxSold would be number one it is workers like Adam make it a pleasure to go through MaxSold ,I had a nightmare with in a hour it was fixed Thank You Adam :)

leet141
6/6/19

Just completed an estate sale with MaxSold and I would not recommend the experience to anyone.The ladies who came to do the inventory were very nice, and thanked us repeatedly for putting the items into organized lots with written descriptions of the better things. We did a walk through with them and pointed out the most valuable items, and also noted the stuff that was not. The finished product-- i.e. the listing in general-- was a mess. The things that we said were valuable were clumped into one lot, and photographed heaped on the bed-- I had to go over the reshoot them all. If you're going to pay the $700, it would be great if you didn't have to correct the spelling, retake or rotate the photos-- and of course there were lots of great options for the main photo for the sale, but what was chosen was a handicap lift chair--again, lousy way to market the sale. And, the main thing-- on the beginning contract where you list the most valuable items (which I don't believe was used in any way to market the sale) was the dining room table with 8 chairs. This is the item that warranted us doing the Maxsold managed vs the seller managed-- we knew the table was worth alot of money and should pay the $700 by itself. Then my husband noticed that the eight chairs were not described or listed in the sale at all. We sent them photos of the chairs to update the auction, and got no response.

So, at the end, we ended up selling the table for $90, no chairs, and we have 8 chairs that will be going to Goodwill. Here are the main problems I have with my experience with Maxsold-- the people cataloging the stuff are not knowledgeable enough to know what's good and what is not-- and they do a pretty lousy job shooting them. And secondly, the managers at Maxsold are very friendly on the front end, but as soon as you sign the contract it turns to nothing but threats and nos. In short, you won't get much money for your stuff and its frustrating as hell to deal with these people. Donate everything and take the write off! Buy from their sales though, because they do a lousy job of photographing, describing and marketing so you probably will get someone else's great stuff way under the money--then you can make back the money they lost selling yours!

Response from MaxSold I., MaxSold Representative

Where other solutions try to control prices while having no control over time of sale, we give the seller control of time while giving up control of price to market competition. For people who have items that will soon cost them to hold onto, this is the most economic (and green) solution to the problem of getting things removed on their timelines (typically for a much larger value proposition such as a closing real estate transaction or avoiding ongoing rental/lease costs).

If interested, check out this perspective on the evolving need and how Maxsold helps:

MaxSold continues to reinvest all funds made in the pursuit of its vision to Sell.Everything.Simply for downsizing and estate clients without judgement: http://maxsold.com/maxsold-purpose/

Regarding the quality of the catalog, feel free to check out the catalog and results of this auction for yourself. As with all our auctions, this auction was executed with unmatched transparency. Additionally, our experience suggests there weren’t other 3rd party sale of goods options for this seller (as others would have denied service or cherry picked goods on the basis of lack of ‘mix/fit/value’ for their models). We are transparent with all our results and, although we are confident that a 3rd party professional appraiser would agree that our results were fair value, we are ultimately sorry that our seller is disappointment in this case with the quality of the catalog and our team’s knowledge of the goods:

sherrih60
6/4/19

Over all I was happy with this service. They had a lot of stuff to catalog and only missed one cupboard of contents. They left some items out without explanation to us. A little update on such items before leaving would be an improvement for future sales. There were some minor spelling mistakes and wrong information on a couple of items. The teams sent out were professional and personable. The final cheque came quickly by mail and I was emailed a complete listing of the sale results.I would use the service again.

stevenc389
5/27/19

Have always felt MaxSold is efficient and friendly. If problems or concerns happen they are solved in a timely manner.

dorisd63
5/27/19

I am thrilled with what MaxSold was able to do for me in a couple of weeks. Downsizing and needed both big (furniture) & little items to disappear. It worked like magic. Very happy customer.

rudyv14
5/27/19

We thank you for your excellent service , We are more then happy, Thank you to your team of experts.

paulah169
5/26/19

They handled my 147 lots of stuff we needed selling since we were downsizing. Wonderful results and good oversight by the MaxSold team. I would highly recommend you use them to downsize or clear out and estate. The whole process was very transparent and cost effective. Don't worry about the stuff you need to get rid of, let MaxSold handle everything for you! I am so relieved to have this behind me.

cherylannei
5/25/19

After donating and tossing much of the contents of my parent's large apartment after my father passed, we were left with over 190 Lots (single or groupings of items) to sell. Maxsold gave us the tools and their team to guide and instruct us. We chose to do the labelling and grouping ourselves. The whole process was so convenient and easy and once posted, we did not need to worry about payments or times for pick ups. There were only a few things not sold - not a big deal as one person who came to pick up his purchases, bought the unsold items with cash on the spot. It takes time, effort and a lot of emotional stress clearing out decades of other people's lives; Maxsold allowed us to sell items that I know my parents cared for and would be happy hadn't been tossed. Hiring Maxsold meant there was extra money to put towards the cost of a funeral and burial, something many don't think about or plan for.

sarahh511
5/19/19

MaxSold makes the whole, challenging and often emotional process of downsizing/decluttering or selling-up simple and rewarding! I've had the opportunity to work with MaxSold twice now: first with a MaxSold-managed sale of my late mother's house contents, and most recently through a seller-managed exercise in personal decluttering. Everything about the sales was professionally and efficiently managed. Moreover, when technical problems were encountered with my sale, MaxSold was quick to act in providing fair and compensatory support. I look forward to my next sale -- and would encourage anyone to do so too!

Tip for consumers: Be prepared! Get your sale items organized before you commit to a sale as photographing and cataloguing can be very time-consuming.

maureeno33
5/17/19

My review of my current auction held by this company nothing short of an abomination. The fact that my entire Thomasville Bedroom Queen Ann bedroom set went for $5, less than two Rubbermaid wrapping storage containers, is indescribable. There are no adjectives or descriptive phrases that I can use to express the absolute outrage at this auction and the resulting income.

Yes, I signed the contact with the terms of the auction. All along I was assured that the bidding would grow upwards towards the end of the auction. Well the following items went for $1 - SIX Thomasville dining rooms chairs, my Thomasville China Cabinet $1, Thomasville sideboard - $1, Thomasville coffee table $1, two Stiffel lamps $4. Almost every item or group of items went for $1 - highest price was $50 for everyday dishes.

Interesting enough most of the reviews are from buyers of this atrocity - To get over $5000 worth of furniture for about $5 is in itself reprehensible.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE UNLESS YOU ARE A BUYER, NOT A SELLER.

Response from MaxSold I., MaxSold Representative
Response

On the statistic - there are about 50 buyers for every Seller so it shouldn’t surprise anyone that the ratio of reviews isn’t 1:1 sellers to buyers.

Feel free to check out the results of this auction for yourself. As with all our auctions, this auction was executed with unmatched transparently. Additionally, our experience suggests there weren’t other 3rd party sale of goods options for this seller (as others would have denied service or cherry picked goods on the basis of lack of ‘mix/fit/value’ for their models). We are transparent with all our results and, although we are confident that a 3rd party professional appraiser would agree that our results were fair value, we are ultimately sorry that our seller is disappointment in this case:

berylh4
5/10/19

I have been to many auctions both in the UK and USA and in my opinion people think that their stuff is worth far more than it actually is. What they don't realize is that an item is only worth what anyone is prepared to pay for it. I had stuff that I thought would go for more and I also had stuff get a great price and I wasn't even going to put in the auction until I spoke with their knowledgeable staff. The staff came and photographed and sorted ready for the brochure and on the day those who were successful came and collected their stuff it all disappeared as if by magic. If I had got a junk removal firm to get rid of all I had it would have cost me big time but with MaxSold, even after paying their expected commission I have got a cheque coming to me. The staff of MaxSold were efficient and polite and never made me feel awkward in any sense. Thank you all so much - my house is now free of "junk" and I can go out and treat myself with the proceeds - you can't do better than that.

judyr162
5/5/19

Just finished my third auction with Maxsold and have to say the staff there are awesome. They get things done quickly and have been accommodating to my deadlines. I am a Professional Organizer and use Maxsold as a platform for my clients to sell their goods. I always manage expectations by saying some items will make a lot and some will not but it is an average of the items together. The main thing is that everything leaves your home in those 4 hrs and you don't have to pay movers or post things for sale online, etc..

amym670
5/5/19

Using MaxSold was fun and relatively easy. My only disappointment was that I originally signed up for MaxSold managed sale but ended up having to do self- managed one instead due to unavailability of a team member. However they did put me in touch with someone locally who helped me for a fee. I probably would have netted a little more with a MaxSold managed sale. The process is very quick. They live up to the timeline they promise. A much easier and economical process than an on-site estate sale. The buyers do most of the work and the next thing you know, your house is empty! I enjoyed it!

cheryls352
4/29/19

This was a wonderful experience and saved us so much time an trouble with either moving it or getting rid of a houseful of 60 some years of memories and treasures. You have proved to me that some junk can truly be someone's treasure. I was surprised by some things that sold and some that didn't. Your staff was a pleasure to work with and made it a fun couple of days plus amazed me at how organized and quickly we were set up plus the pick up day went by very fast and completely without issue. I will recommend you to everyone and anyone!! FANTASTIC!!!

pattyl156
4/17/19

Highly recommended...both teams were great to deal with and enjoyed the experience while making some money.

laurenp122
4/14/19

I hired MaxSold to help me clean out my mom's large family home after she passed away. My brother and I went through the house and removed a good number of treasures we would be keeping, and were able to agree the items left were now 'stuff' to be sold. I think this realization was key and it enabled us to truly 'let go' of the items to be sold.
I found the crew to be professional and VERY good at what they do. The cataloging process was relatively simple and straight forward, and it was very interesting to learn the philosophy behind why they sort the way they do.
In the end, 80% of the goods in the house were sold, leaving only 20% for us to deal with. When we completely emptied the house (remember, with only 20% of the contents left) we still filled a single garage with donations for the Salvation Army AND filled a 20 yard dumpster. I cannot imagine what we would have done without this auction.
In the end the items were sold for $1500, and our take was just under $350 - for which I was immensely grateful. Not only did we save 80% our mom's items from going in the garbage, but we got paid for someone else to clean out the house. A complete win/win in my books.

ruthw110
4/12/19

It is a way to have your possessions plundered for next to nothing. My husband and I found the results very disappointing. With $1.00 minimum bids it is unbelievable that incremental bids for under $1.00 were allowed. The $700 set up fee was excessive since we had to do the grouping ourselves, which was a lot of work. On the positive side, MaxSold employees were extremely nice.

Response from MaxSold I., MaxSold Representative
Response: In addition to taking feedback from our Seller’s and doing our best to make it right in their eyes, it’s important to provide the following information for transparency for others that may be reading this. It’s an unfortunate reality that the market doesn’t always pay a seller what a seller thinks is a fair price for individual things (or perhaps even in aggregate) under a competitive auction model (this is true for any auction company). Maxsold does its very best to provide both a detailed outline of our process (www.maxsold.com/sell) and share our past auction data (www.maxsold.com/past) to prepare sellers for the realities of the market when items must be sold. Sellers have both financial and emotional attachments to items and so our job is to sell only those items they need to part with - typically items that will soon be a liability due to a move / sale of real estate / etc. as selling the items avoids additional, ongoing, logistical and/or storage costs. Our model, which includes selling everything to the highest bidder regardless of price, guarantees our sellers a finite and transparent experience that passes the logistical burden onto the buyers as they MUST arrive and remove, with their own resources, all of their purchases from the sellers location during a short time window agreed to by the Seller. This saves hundreds (if not thousands) in labor alone.

margritb
4/7/19

I had to downsizing from a house to just two rooms! We had both my husband and myself lots of hobbies and lots of accumulated stuff over the years. With practically no family to give items away I could not have been able to get rid of all the things I was able to sell through Maxsold. On the otherhand it was sad to see certain items to sell for so little and feel that there should be a better base price to start the bidding!

I have bid on items in the next city (approximately 80 kms away) and if you win, you would have to drive to that area to pick up.

By Debbie H.

Please see our past auction results at http://maxsold.com/past-auctions/ - every auction we've done is listed for public viewing. You will see the sell through rate for each auction, and you can calculate the percent sold. Our average sell through is 98.7%.

By MaxSold I., MaxSold Representative

Definitely not on their youtube channel as they've removed the ability to comment. This alone was enough for me to steer clear.

By Jack H.

Winning bids are charged to the credit card on file right AFTER each auction ends, along with 10% buyers premium and the applicable retail sales tax for your region. The first time you bid at any of our auctions, your card will be pre-authorized for $1.00. However, it is only a bank authorization for validation, not a charge, and it is usually removed in about a week by your bank.

By MaxSold I., MaxSold Representative

Hi Susan F. In response to your question, "How safe in my credit card information?", it is very safe. I have bid on items and won bids many times and have experienced no problems with my credit card. I trust MaxSold implicitly. Hope this helps. Have a great day! Debbie H. : )

By Debbie H.

We do!

By MaxSold I., MaxSold Representative

Yes, 30% of the sale and an additional fee. If you use their services, it's an additional $700.

By Scott P.

Yes, please review this link: http://maxsold.com/5-tips-seller-managed-auction/ - our minimum fee for this is $300 (or 30% whichever is higher) Please get in touch with us through www.MaxSold.com/Sell if this interests you.

By MaxSold I., MaxSold Representative

Please see all details on our website - http://maxsold.com/estatesales/ Average sell rate is nearly 100% depending on the region.

By MaxSold I., MaxSold Representative

Happened only a few times in the last six years (under four times)! Extremely rare (and a lot of work for us to manage as we have to call each bidder, and issue refunds manually one by one)... doesn't help the seller either as they are stuck with the goods and need to figure out a way to clear them out.

By MaxSold I., MaxSold Representative
Questions? Get answers from the MaxSold staff and other customers.

MaxSold?