Review of MacMall

Tel: 1-800-MACMALL (622-6255)
customerservice@macmall.com

patricki16
10/26/18

On October 20, 2018, I placed an order for item# 41609637 MFrt part number: BX80684I99900K, an Intel i9 9900k boxed processor for $528.99. This item was listed in stock at the time. On the same day, I received an email from a MacMall rep stating that my order was not available and was cancelled and that the "vendor or distributor has notified us that there will be no more shipments and no estimated time of arrival of this product." The very next day on October 21, 2018, the same exact boxed processor with same item number was "in stock" again for $699.99, about a $171 price increase on an item they told me they had no more of and could no longer get anymore of. This feels like a bit of a shady business practice and I want others to know about this. I have the emails and screenshots saved to provide proof. I emailed the rep that contacted me about the cancellation after I saw the drastic price increase, but he never responded.

samuelc118
8/28/18

Ordered on a Sunday and paid an extra $20 and their website said it would arrive Tuesday 8 pm. They charged immediately. Flood of advertisements began immediately. No confirmation email. When I called to get an order number, the phone was answered with a "hello?" and then someone else giving a macmall speil over who knows what. That call was so unprofessional I hung up and went to email. When I finally got to my order info, an extra day added to my order. A day when I'd be out of town and wouldn't have ordered. When I called again, I was getting some explanation about shipping and blah blah blah. This company has been in business how long? And they haven't bothered to program an accurate shipping calculator? Goes to show you how little effort they put into the company. The website looks like it hasn't changed since the 90s;.

justinb169
4/18/18

Placed an order online last night for 2 - iMac's for the business, but since the billing and shipping were different they needed the CFO's home # and name for a credit card in my name. MacMall used to be great, and before they charged sales tax, but after they were bought out by PCM; it has been nothing but a down hill failure.

So, they lost my $$$ and I ordered directly from Apple. Oh look, no calls or emails about the billing being different from the shipping. Go "fly" a kite MacMall, will never order from you again!

freddiec32
3/30/18

Bounced refund check. Did not ship merchandise. No customer service. Do not order from this company. Fraudulent activity. I got a bounced refund check. They cashed my original check and never shipped the merchandise. Then sent me a rubber refund check. Customer service is horrible.

jeremyw56
1/31/18

I purchased a new mac mini a few days before Christmas as a gift. Shortly after Christmas, after the computer was removed from its packaging and used for the first time it became quickly apparent that there were major problems with it. MacMall was not willing to make any accommodations to their 14 day return policy in light of the Christmas season, which in and of itself is a poor practice given the difficulty of purchasing and realizing reasons for legitimate return due to the gift schedule of the season. Nearly every modern reseller makes accommodations for this. Compounding the matter was their service reps excessive response times on the issue. Ultimately they agreed to take it back but with a 15% restocking fee - why on earth is there a restocking fee on a defective product? My only alternative is to waste hours driving to and dealing with an Apple brick & mortar store for warranty replacement - which completely defeats the purpose of ordering online in the first place.

johng573
1/26/18

I ordered 2 graphics cards. I used my UPS Store box which I use for my business and they won't ship to it. I don't want these items sitting on my front porch to be stolen. The UPS box is much more secure but MacMall is scared they will be ripped off. What's the difference between sending it to a home address or UPS Store??? At the store someone signs for it and holds it for me. On my porch anyone can grab it and MacMall gets hit with nondelivery and has to file with UPS of Fedex. Very poor service. They just los a $1100 sale.

scottt104
1/10/18

Ordered 2nd day Saturday delivery, didn't happen. Tried to find out status of order, didn't happen. Tried to cancel order and get conformation, didn't happen. Told to refuse order when delivered that signature would be required. Lucky waited around two days over holidays to not sign and refuse two deliveries, one was dropped without FedEx asking for signature, lucky to flag him down. Now calling not getting any conformation of returned packages. Being told 3-5 days to return, 3-5 day for refund, don't worry, be happy by customer service staff that can barely speak english, just saying. Buy from B&H if you want discount, everything with them went as advertised.

kimv50
12/13/17

I would rather buy from Amazon, the return process is a nightmare. 15% restocking fee. I ordered a router and waned to cancel it literally hours later and they said it was too late and asked me to refuse the package. I could not refuse as it was delivered when I was not home. So learnt my lesson. I would not be buying from them again.

salb18
12/6/17

Doesn't get any worse than this. Stay away! I have never had such a terrible experience with an online store in my life. I did not receive any updates via email. I called the company for a status of my order, every time I would get the same response "it is in our warehouse and will ship when ready. The 4th time I called after 6 days I asked if they actually had it in stock and the rep chuckled and he said you are right we don't have it. I am now waiting for a refund and have lost valuable time/money as the component was crucial to one of our work station.

marcob55
11/28/17

The worst shopping experience ever!!!!! Period. Don't know what more to say then that! In the past it all went good but I'm still busy with my order from a week ago....

colinb63
9/29/17

Terrible company and even worse customer service. Ordered an iPad and they essentially refused a return the item despite the product being defective. Return request was initiated one day after receiving the item and the company stated I must either 1) Go through apple to "verify" the defect or 2) return it directly to Macmall but with a 15% restocking fee . Neither of which is stated on their return policy! Needless to say I'm disputing this entire transaction with my credit card company, this is some really shady business practice and they're making up these return terms on the spot. While I've seen restocking fee's elsewhere, I've never, ever seen it being applied to a defective product or a company asking you to have the OEM look at it. Don't make my mistake, avoid this company at all costs as they don't stand behind their money back guarantee/return policy.

timd69
4/11/17

Trying for a week to get a simple Return Merchandise Auth from this lame company. All they need do is email it to me, but still nothing. BEWARE if you have any issues it will be extremely hard to return it. I ordered a Dell Latitude with Windows 10 but it came as a Windows 7 with a CDROM disc with Windows 10 recovery only. I tried every way possible to install the correct Windows upgrade to no avail. They said it was upgradable free of charge but even the tech department and Dell could not get it up and running so I decided to return it. This company is the hardest company I have every tried to work with to return something. They act all friendly but NOTHING every happens. I have bought through MacMall since the beginning, but NEVER again. The entire company is Asian headquartered and the representatives are almost impossible to understand. There are NO American representatives. Be WARNED DON'T BUY FROM MacMall/PCMall... you will regret it!

davidj246
2/13/17

I started using Mac Mall over three years ago and was originally very pleased with their service. I bought two MacBook Pros, several AppleTVs, and iPads. In the last year or so, I have had more problems than I can count with them. They switched me to a business account, and when I ordered a new AppleTV last year, I received a call from my "business rep" Maxwell Bloom who said I should have ordered from the business site. He "canceled" my original order and reordered it under my business account. I ended up with two (because he didn't cancel the first), and it was like pulling teeth sending the other one back. I recently called Maxwell asking for an Asus ThunderboltEX II card. I specified I didn't want a ThunderboltEX II Dual (which is not compatible with my motherboard), and he assured me it wouldn't be a dual. When the card arrived it was in fact the dual. I have been trying to return it for three weeks. I made the mistake of giving them one last chance today and told him I would order a GA-Z170X-Designare if it could be shipped today. He said it would, and I told him I'd take a Sabertooth Z87 if they had one. He said they did. After I received the order confirmation it showed I was being shipped a SUPERMICRO C7Z87 instead of a Sabertooth Z87 AND the GA-Z170X was on backorder. I left several messages and can't get a return call. The other people at MacMall say I need to talk to him and won't help me.

keb14
2/8/17

They are not based in California, they just have a bs office there for appearances. Their company is in Asia. They engage often in the old bait and switch and send refurbished products as new.

They do not stand behind their products. They have NO AFFILIATION with APPLE. Stating they are an authorized reseller is very misleading.

There are several complaints about credit cards.... guess why??? Because there are so many complaints against them and because the money is processed overseas.

Do your self a favor, pay the extra 10 dollars and go to the apple store.

Dont find out the hard way like I did. I ignored all the bad reviews to literally save a few dollars around Christmas. It is Feb, was told over and over it will be in stock and shipped in 2 weeks. Then, they cancelled the order. Mind you, it was a black friday deal so of course they strung it along so they didnt have to honor their prices.

Company should be investigated. Just do a little work and see all the different names the same company goes by and how many pissed consumers there are. It is a fraud.

masonp17
8/1/16

ordered and it is delivered.

saads6
7/29/16

IT DOSNOT WORK to talk to customer service they are rude and takes over an houre holding on line before i deal with them people i thought they are good store i will never do business agin with them bad product bad customer service

stevej119
5/24/16

I ordered two 3TB hard drives and they were shipped in a plastic bag with no packing material!
One drive was toast. Then they wanted me to spend 20 minutes on hold waiting for a tech support rep to confirm it was bad, email customer service would not take my word for it.
I called and spoke to a live person who was helpful and he sent me a return label.
Both email support and phone support said it would take much longer to process the return because I used PayPal. Why would anybody ship a very fragile piece of electronic gear in a plastic bag? makes no sense, and the customer ends up on the short end of the deal.

jorgeb26
4/27/16

I order a product was in stock three days have passed and still not sent me the order.

Thousand excuses after waiting 45 minutes on the phone and I can not cancel the order either

Stay away from this company.

steveb183
4/22/16

I have placed 4 orders with this company. 3 out of the four orders were backordered (or accessories associated with order). Like many on this review site, the items were noted as "in stock".

Then I get repeated calls asking me if I still want these items (WHY?)

Today I get a call advising me that the order will now take 7 days before it will ship!!! ARRGH!!

When I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager, I get told they are all on the phones (obviously trying to calm angry customers. Then I tired to call back Sales/Customer "care" and after waiting 20 mins finally got a rep and then was told that their computers were down (why am I not surprised).

Obviously this company does not stock any product and is just a front company that uses other sources to fulfill orders.

I am planning on cancelling the latest order. I have been burned enough by this company.

The $3 dollar savings from going to the Apple site is not worth the aggravation!

I will never do business with this company ever again and I advise anyone to not do business with them either. Not much of a cost savings to deal with their incompetence.

wazan
2/12/16

Got a MacBook pro that had apps loaded with an apple id that I had no access to so can't update apps connected to that id. Macmall support was very rude and said they had nothing to do with software, but they're the ones that loaded it!! Now to upgrade anything, I have to purchase it even tho it came preloaded.
DON'T DEAL WITH MACMALL!!! Go directly to Apple. At least they'll support you. But I have a better idea. Go back to windows, less problems.

charlest50
12/29/15

I ordered a Macbook back in 2007 and filed a rebate. I just received a response today 12/26/2015 regarding my rebate. Are you kidding me?

Response from Vanessa L., MacMall Representative
We received your review regarding our website. However, we need additional information regarding the issue you encountered with your order. We would appreciate if you can send the details to customerservice@macmall.com.

jackt52
12/28/15

on the site it stated that the HP computer was in stock and ready for overnight shipping and its and called me the next day and stated that its in back order so I never got the PC in time and still waiting.

lisat94
12/24/15

I ordered a TV for a Christmas present and it never came. So I called and they told me it will be a week after Christmas before they send it but gave me no real reason. I will never buy anything from this company again. First of all it should've came when it said and secondly after I called they could've overnighted it but wouldn't. So not only did I get the worst service ever but you ruined my Christmas.

carah10
12/8/15

Ok, I placed 3 orders during thanksgiving. Missed one call, one of those orders were cancelled. Yes, they double check everything with you multiple times. That's all right I understand. Then I have one of the orders shipped to my company address instead of my apt. Cancelled without notice. Finally, my one last order that was confirmed via phone, they asked toooo many personal information that I almost want to give up. They told me est. arriving date is Dec. 5. OK, now, I've been waiting for 2 weeks, no updates. And the shipping status is officially 'on back order'. Well done! I will never buy anything from this site anymore. Terrible.

Response from Vanessa L., MacMall Representative
Dear Valued Customer,

kenb73
11/12/15

I ordered a Bravia 65x930c 4K television from MacMall at a competitive price. At the web site, it was indicated that the TV was in stock. A few days later, they called and told me that the TV was backordered, and wouldn't be shipped until the next week. During the week, I noticed that the price for the TV at the web site increased by about $250. I continued to call the customer service about when the TV would be shipped and they continued to push back the date, asking each time if I would prefer to cancel the order (which I didn't as I suspected that they were trying to weasel out of the price that they sold it to me for). After pushing the date back 3 1/2 weeks, on a product that during this time always indicated 'in stock' at their website, I received an email from them that they didn't know when they would receive any more TVs, and they cancelled my order.
For anyone reading this review, be very aware that this company utilizes very shady practices to try to lure customers to them, with no intent of ever following through and honoring the sale that they contractually agreed upon. It isn't as if this is an obsolescent model that Sony no longer produces (it is one of their most prominent models of 4K TVs that they released this year).
If you see a product at a good price at MacMall, you would be best to ignore it, as you will probably be disappointed and angered in the end.

Response from Vanessa L., MacMall Representative
Dear Valued Customer,

www.macmall.com

Questions? Get answers from the MacMall staff and other customers.

MacMall?