Review of LuxuryParlor

LuxuryParlor reviews

admin@luxuryparlor.com

katem6
11/21/14

Placed an order Dec 24 2010, received shipping confirmation Dec 28 2010 right after my payment showed cleared on my online bank statement. I Still have not received my order. No one ever returns a phone call (i've left 3 messages) or emails (I've left more than 3) and the online chat assisstant will end the chat with you right after you give your order number!!!! I'm calling my bank to contest my purchase.
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE, YOU CAN FIND EVERYTHING THEY SELL SOMEONE ELSE AND MOST IMPORTANTLY ACTUALLY RECEIVE WHAT YOU PAID FOR!

kevinb10
10/22/14

I ordered over $100 of hair care products and never received them. My credit card number was later stolen. This place is completely fraudulant!

alexandrab6
4/5/13

This is a complete scam. over a year ago I ordered some hair products and none of them showed up. When I contacted customer service, someone with really bad English/grammar just sent me a BS "tracking notification" but there was no tracking number whatsoever so it was totally made up. I informed them that no matter what they said, my package did NOT arrive. Then they just stopped responding to me, so they basically stole $100 from me. Do not shop here.

sandrag5
6/18/12

The worst shopping experience in my life. They never shipped my order. I can't get in contact with them. I had to dispute my order to get my money back. Beware they are thieves.

thicianac
6/2/12

I've ordered from Luxury Parlor three times over a period of 3 years following a friend's recommendation and never had a problem until my last purchase. In fact, unlike other reviewers, my orders didn't take too long to arrive and all seemed to be fine until then (I only ordered Kerastase products, btw).

Then after my third order, I became very suspicious that the shampoo I got was counterfeit b/c the smell was clearly different from the same shampoo I tried at my sister's place (who bought hers from a salon). I decided to do some research, but unfortunately didn't really find any conclusive info that the company was a scam.

I can't proof the product was counterfeit but the sign that something was fishy is that the serial number was cut off from the bottle to clearly avoid me trying to track where it came from. I hadn't noticed that at all in my previous products (never cared to check), but then this time I decided to check the other products I bought on that last order and they also didn't have serial numbers, so I throw them all out.

Perhaps not all their products are fake but I advise you to stay clear from it unless they prove they're an authorized seller. They might be simply re-selling products from sketchy vendors w/o much regulation (and not purposefully conterfaiting products per se). So how can you be sure products are not stolen, contaminated or expired? I guess I was lucky before b/c the previous products seemed to be totally fine until this last order. Again, I have no proof they're a scam but figured would be helpful to tell my experience so people are aware of the risks and know better when buying this stuff online.

You should watch this video from Karastase's website. It's definitely worth paying the extra money to ensure your product is real and that you're getting it from an authorized retailer. It's easy to get allured with the good prices, but be careful and get educated. I was naive enough to not get informed before :(

Hope this helps!

alisonv
5/4/12

This company is so scammy. I ordered two things from them on 4/18/12 (I only ordered from this site because they had both items I wanted and even though they were a bit more expensive, I'd pay the extra for the convenience of one shipment and one shipping charge) and received no notifications from them until 4/27/12, on which date they debited my bank account for ONE of the items I purchased (although I didn't find out it was only one item until today) and sent me an email stating that my items were being shipped via USPS. I checked the USPS link multiple times and still today it says that they're awaiting the package. I have tried contacting this company multiple times via email (admin@luxuryparlor.com is the only one that doesn't get returned - even returns@luxuryparlor.com gets returned to me) to no avail. Their live chat feature no longer works and I cannot find a phone number for them anywhere. I tried calling the phone number that shows up on my bank account for them and it is disconnected. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. I had to contact my bank and file a claim to get my money back.

kg5
2/3/12

I ordered $70 worth of hair care products. Over a month went by and I did not receive any notification of shipment. I emailed customer service and several days later they responded that my items were on back order and that I should allow 3 to 4 business days before they would be shipped. Another 2 weeks went by and today I received a notice that my order was cancelled due to inventory damage that they had previously informed me of via email. They never informed me of damage, just a back order status. Luxuryparlor.com is a mess of a company. I just went on the website to see if the product I had ordered was available and sure enough, it says it's in stock! Wish I would have checked here first before ordering. At least they did not charge my credit card (yet). I will never order from them again and am warning everyone I know to steer clear.

ralpha1
11/16/11

Horrible experience. They billed my credit card and sent me a non-existent USPS tracking number. Every time I called them about my order, I got an answering machine with a robotic sounding female voice (which couldn't even pronounce the word 'luxury' correctly). Customer service was non-existent. I left several messages and e-mails. All I ever got from them were computer-generated form letters that didn't even refer to my complaint! I actually got one that encouraged me to visit to their web site, which they claimed to have improved to meet my needs! Sick. When I spoke to the postal inspector at the main post office, he
shook his head and said, "it doesn't sound good." He advised me to check them out. When I saw remarks about a "scam", I contacted my credit card company right away. They were terrific. They went after Luxury Parlor, and after being ignored by them, the credit card company took the money right out of Luxury Parlor's account. Thank God for the credit card company - they got my money back.

lizzier
10/11/11

STAY AWAY!! This company sells COUNTERFEIT Kerastase, and when you call them on it, they tell you "sorry, no refunds". They are NOT an authorized retailer of the product and in fact are passing off counterfeit products. I spent over $200 with these people and will now have spend my time fighting the charges.

WORST. COMPANY. EVER.

You've been warned.

joem26
7/7/11

TERRIBLE! I think this site is run out of China - SO BAD. Never got order - worried that they have my credit card details! DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE JOKERS!

jh34
3/31/11

I purchased over $400 worth of products from this company. I never received the products until I filed a complaint with my credit card company. At which time they immediately shipped some of the order the rest they credited back to my credit card. The rest of the money was refunded to me by my credit card. I returned all the products back to them because they were not safety sealed at all. I have yet to see them fully refund my credit card. They also are very difficult to get a hold of. They never return phone calls or e-mails. STAY AWAY FROM THEM THEY ARE A FRAUDULENT COMPANY. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!!!!!!!

deirdres1
3/21/11

I purchased 2 Moroccanoil Oil Treaments. Because the total price exceeded $75.00, the shipping charges were to be waived, according to the very large banner accross the webpage. I immediately received an email confirmation of my total charge, including that 2 items were in stock, purchased and no shipping charges were assessed. I received that package a few days later than the estimated shipping date. There was only one item in the box. The enclosed shipping invoice (with the same confirmation number) showed a charge for one item as well as an extra $6.20 for shipping. There was no acknowledgment of the second item or that the shipping charge would be reversed. I'm glad I received at least one item, and that it arrived in good shape. However, I believe the company did not act in good faith and I will not do business with it again.

joannh
3/15/11

Horrible experience!!! Stay away!!! Worst on-line ordering experience I have ever had!! It took forever for my order to come!! They NEVER answer their phone!!! SO UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!! Trust me, trust me, trust me........order from ANYONE else...but NOT THEM!!!!

trayr2
2/16/11

They sure do offer some of the best prices around. Their customer service can use some improvement.

margoj
2/15/11

Just wanted to let you know I appreciate your quick shipping! I placed my order on a Thursday and received it Monday. Thanks so much, I will definitely be ordering from you again!

gk4
2/12/11

where do i start?!?! i placed an order over $50 & it said shipping was free for orders over $50. it did not give me the updated total before clicking to actually place the order & they charged me over $50 for shipping to hawaii. i emailed them to cancel my order & did not get a reply. (i read their FAQ's & it does state to email/notify them). i did receive an email stating the order was placed but waited & waited for weeks & still did not receive the items. so i went to their website & clicked on live chat with customer service. all she said was my items were on backorder but that they just got them in so will be mailed out. i then checked my email & got an email with the tracking # that my order was shipped. i waited over a week & finally got a tiny box with only 1 portion of my order! the invoice did not state that any information of the other items ordered. i called customer service to inquire about it & she said they were backordered, yet they still charged me the $50+ for shipping!! i told her i wanted to cancel the backordered items & she said they were already cancelled!! WTF! i will never order from them again & feel the need to share this info so no one else will give them business.

josephined
2/9/11

Please do not order from this site. I have not received my products and it has been over 3wks. My credit card has been charged. You will not receive anything more than a Voice mail, standard email reply.
Please take the time to file a complaint to the better business bureau as I have at:

BBB of Metropolitan New York (New York, NY)
30 East 33rd Street 12th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Phone: (212)533-6200
Fax: (212)477-4912
Email: Inquiry@newyork.bbb.org
Web: www.newyork.bbb.org

carolh5
2/8/11

Paid for it. No product. File a complaint with your bank, the Better Business Bureau and at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/. The address for the company is : »2440 E 29th St #4l
Brooklyn, NY 11235

carmenr2
2/7/11

This website is not a scam however I would NOT try to order from here again. One your products will not arrive on time and two it seems after reading all these reviews most of the items are ALWAYS on "back ordered" (including mine) Thankfully I received an email about my order saying that it was on back order and that I had 2 options: I could wait and have my item shipped once it became available OR go ahead and cancel my order. I went ahead and cancelled because 2 weeks had already gone by and I am considered lucky that my debit card was NOT charged yet. If this website was a "scam" they would not have given these 2 options. Thankfully I was not charged and able to cancel my order on time. Never again will I try to shop on this website again.

kyles5
2/7/11

I purchased several Paul Mitchell Products, and my credit card was charged within the same business day. A week later, I received an email stating that the items were backordered and I could either wait a month or cancel the order. Naturally I cancelled.

I did not receive a refund, no emails were answered, could not find a contact number for them, and finally had to work with my bank to dispute the charges and report the company for fraud.

With this many bad reviews, I have no idea how any credit company still lets them operate.

hollyc4
2/7/11

This website should be shut down. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. I've called, written emails, tried to talk to someone via their live chat and they disconnect you. They owe me money. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE!!!

als6
2/4/11

Good price and prompt service. A great shopping experience. Will definitely be shopping there again!

erinm1
2/4/11

I purchased $143.50 of products from LUXURYPARLOR.COM on 1/14/11 and never received anything! I attempted to contact LUXURYPARLOR.COM several times via phone and email to no avail. I never received an email regarding my purchase other than the email sent on the date the purchase was made stating that the items had been shipped. I telephoned LUXURYPARLOR.COM several times, when I finally got through to a human being I was hung up on after speaking with the receptionist. I subsequently conducted internet research and discovered that several individuals had been ripped off during the months of December 2010 and January 2011. I am filing a fraud dispute with my credit card company, the BBB and Federal Government (http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/Internet_Fraud.shtml).Please join me in eliminating this company from ripping off anyone else!!!

claudias
2/3/11

I spent a great deal of time choosing products from the site and placing an order. I never received a follow up or an order confirmation. I sent 2 emails seeking information and received no responses. Then, 2 weeks later I did receive a notice that they had cancelled my order - no explanation - which is fine so long as my credit card is not charged. This is a phony site and a colossal waste of time. All of those other reviewers who actually had their credit card charged should file complaints with the FTC as that is the best way to get this sham company off the web. Go to https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ to file your complaint. The more complaints the FTC gets the more likely to act. I have had good luck with this process in the past. Good luck to those of you whose credit cards were charged and not reversed.

lisag9
2/3/11

Worst experience ever - you think you are getting a good deal on luxury hair products but they don't get shipped to you after you place your order and they charge your credit card. I placed an order and received a UPS tracking number that was invalid; when I clicked on the number the message stated that the package was never received by UPS. So I made numerous attempts to contact this company by email, and live chat, and left a voicemail, but never received a response back until finally I sat there an hit redial on the phone for about 20 minutes straight until a live person answered. She put me on hold for another 5 minutes and then came back and said that my order was "on hold" because one item was out of stock, but the other 2 would be shipped right away. But then the next day I received an email stating that the entire order was cancelled, so I called again (this time they answered amazingly on the first try) and was told that everything was backordered for another month. What a joke. Worst customer service and I better get my money back - I filed a dispute for the charge on my credit card. I'll NEVER shop there again and I strongly warn everyone else.

Questions? Get answers from the LuxuryParlor staff and other customers.

LuxuryParlor?