Lowes.ca

Lowes.ca has a consumer rating of 1.4 stars from 5 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Lowes.ca also ranks 33rd among Hardware Store sites. The most common issues with Lowes.ca are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate Lowes.ca?

“Worst experience ever”

Hugh L.
2/21/20

OK. Ordered two glass window inserts for my patio doors. On Jan 13. On Jan 17 UPS arrived and left ONE of them - though packing slip noted it was package one of two. Called Lowes.ca support and was told that in this situation they would not give me a credit or send another unit until UPS had completed their "investigation" - which could take up to 3 weeks!! I argued that my contract was with Lowes. THEIR contract performance issue with UPS was NOT MY PROBLEM. No satisfaction. So after about 10 days I was able to see on the UPS tracking site that they'd completed their investigation and considered the item lost and advising they would advise shipper of outcome. So I called Lowes again and said - so, where's my refund? They said they had not yet been notified by UPS of outcome and so couldn't process it. I explained that it was shown right on their tracking site that the item was lost, so if they haven't heard that from UPS maybe they should CONTACT UPS and confirm. They seemed to be unwilling to do that, instead saying had to wait until UPS contacted THEM. I waited for another week and a half, then called LOWES AGAIN. (This was my 4th half hour phone call with them). This time seemed to get someone who had some common sense and promised to follow through. He did, and I finally got the refund on Feb 20 - more than a month after the item went missing. Clearly, the last person I talked to finally took the initiative to contact UPS since the UPS claim was finally initiated that same day! Could have been initiated 3 weeks earlier. So they would have just WAITED - for how long? - letting me twist int he wind???!!! Clearly customer care is NOT a priority with Lowes.ca.

hughl25
February 21st, 2020
annas456
October 26th, 2019
Horrible experience. Bought washer and dryer there and it's taken 3 weekends out of my life. Unbelievable. Had to return as it was damaged and that's when the problems started. They wouldn't refund me the damaged ones. Finally did and overcharged me as they said they had to charge me to reschedule delivery. I had to go back to the store and spend 2 hours each time 3 times. The manager wouldn't even talk to me when I asked to see him. Disgusting. Never buy anything there again.
ghazalar
April 17th, 2019
Last week my husband and I arrived at this store to buy some flooring and tiles for our home. No sales staff around so we rang a bell 'for help' and waited. An announcement was repeated several time for a store associate to come to that section. 20 minutes later one showed up but was also working with another customer and was therefore short and obviously harassed . We walked out, drove to Home Depot and ordered the products we were looking for. This morning I posted a question on the Lowes website re a bathroom vanity. I asked if it was in stock at the Hyde park, London Store quoting the reference number and the response I got was that the question was not clear. I have sent off another question asking which part they do NOT understand. Customer Service is downhill all the way for this company.
annettea10
June 13th, 2016
chrisl242
July 10th, 2017
I ordered a 25,000 BTU barbecue online, and I was delivered a 20,000 BTU one that was identical. When I contacted someone from Lowes, they said they didn't have a 25,000 BTU one in stock. I'm like "So, you just send them a lower model, and hope they don't notice??". Then they said, they would forward my complaint to upper management. I had to wait for a couple days before someone got back to me. We finally came to an agreement, that I would get the same discount on the 20,000 btu one (as it was not on sale).

In the end, I was fine with the resolution. I just don't like that they tried to slip it by me, and the fact that it took a couple days for someone to get back to me, as I feel is it's a serious "mistake".

Questions? Get answers from the Lowes.ca staff and other customers.

Find quality service, superior products and helpful advice for all your home improvement needs at Lowe's. Shop for appliances, paint, patio furniture, tools, flooring, hardware, lighting and more at Lowes.ca.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes.ca?

Have a question about Lowes.ca?