Lowes.ca

Lowes.ca has a consumer rating of 1.4 stars from 15 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Lowes.ca also ranks 34th among Hardware Store sites. The most common issues with Lowes.ca are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 8.3%

No positive highlights yet

• Over a week ago, I finally got through to customer service.
  • Last time I was on hold for 2 hours and 28 minutes!
How would you rate Lowes.ca?

“Poor Online Experience”

Brenda U.
5/27/20

Beware of ordering anything online. I have recently bought 2 items online from Lowes.ca One was an order of 70 high polished ceramic tiles12 by 24. When my order was ready for curbside pickup, we had to pick up half of the tiles loose in no box or bindings. Realized they were all scratched when we were bringing them all into the house. 2nd order was for a BBQ which was ordered 3 weeks ago. Ordered on the day the flyer came out. Only 2 available at the store. Credit card was charged but then 10 days later the BBQ charge was cancelled. I called the store to clarify and they told me no the order is not cancelled. My order was taking longer because I had ticked the box for free assembly of the item. I told them no I could put it together myself if it was taking this long. The lady said ok. Another week goes by and I got a message today that the order is now cancelled as they have no BBQ of that stock item available in Ottawa. Leaves me wondering what happened! Noticing that when Lowes does advertise they have very little or no quantity of the item available on the first day of the flyer at the area stores. Very disappointing. Didn't realize lowes had so many complaints.

“Thieves”

michelle k.
6/19/20

I ordered a barbeque from Lowes on May 5. I kept on following up without response. I called Lowers repeatedly. Last time I was on hold for 2 hours and 28 minutes! Lowes finally said they do not have the item I ordered and not in stock. Why would they take my order and my money and not deliver! To make matters worse, they do not return the money when they fail to deliver. They just keep your money until you complain repeatedly.

customer service (6) 2 hours (4)
michellek523
June 19th, 2020
colleeno58
June 23rd, 2020
I ordered an item May 24 and I have still not received it. I sent in several online case requests they never responded to and I called everyday but line is always busy. Over a week ago, I finally got through to customer service. Robin and her supervisor assured me they would follow up and investigate and get back to me if I didn't receive it by June 19. I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THEM. Robin also said 98 percent of the items that go missing are not found and you have to wait until they launch an investigation that takes another three weeks before they will give you back your money. It is ridiculous. I WOULD NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.
elaines251
June 18th, 2020
They never have anything in stock, either online or at the store. We checked 7 stores within delivering distance of out home and on 5 occasions we found none of the items we wanted available. When you go into the store the employees scatter like ants into the aisles and the people at the so called customer service desk are just plain rude and ignorant. All we are asking is that we be treated as customers and not cov19 carriers. It's bad enough places like Canadian Tire and Home Hardware herd their customers like cattle at the front door but to add to all the frustration is having to drive all over trying to find something and none of the stores who advertise things have them in stock. Shut down if you don't want our business and let Ace Hardware and Harbor Freight Tools come in and do the damn job right.
shannony34
May 6th, 2020
To anyone reading this, avoid the stress and order from Home Depot or Best Buy.

- I ordered a small freezer online on April14.
- The item description said it would be available April 24th. It never arrived.
- I emailed Lowe's on April 28 and got reply within the hour with a case number and a promise to have someone follow up within 48 hr. No one ever followed up as they promised.
- Sent follow up emails for a week.
- Called and waited for 2 hours and no one answered.
- Called the USA line and got to someone by he couldn't access the CAD orders.
- Tried the chat function if the wait is 92 min long...still waiting.....

I still have no idea if I'll ever get this freezer and I have a 1/4 beef coming in 3 weeks!!

This is honestly my first review ever but I'm so pissed that I needed to share. Do not shop here anymore. It's not worth the hassle.
donnas1213
May 8th, 2020
Customer service does not exist for on-line orders. Ordered product on line for pick-up at local store. Checked on line and there were 10 in store. After a couple of days, still no email saying order was ready for pick-up. Called local store and they said they did not have access to Lowes.ca system so they could not cancel order. Called customer support: on hold for 45 minutes and when someone finally picked up, it was an operator not customer service rep. Said she could not help me because she was just an operator. I was advised that someone from customer service will get back to me within 72 hours. I picked up product from local store. Will have to wait for someone to get back to me to cancel on-line order.
arvh
June 29th, 2020
Today, June29, 2020, around 9:00 am, I came to this store with my wife (Lowe's - 800 Warden Avenue). While I go about getting the stuff I want to buy, my wife sat at one of the patio display. One of the employee approach my my wife and ask her not to sit there which my wife obeyed. But there are other customers sitting there as well but he only specifically asked my wife. What bothers me is that, while my wife decided to just wait for me where she stands, this employee again approach my wife and asked her if she has a problem as if she's a threat!!! What on earth did my wife do to deserve such harassment? What an arrogant Fr@$&!!! To Lowe's management, please teach your employee how to treat your customers with a little bit of respect!!! We came to your store to buy, not to be harassed!!!!
lauraw736
June 2nd, 2020
customer service pick up is terrible. If you call in you get served right away. If you come in be prepared to wait awhile (bring a drink so you won't dehydrate)
fernandom144
June 24th, 2020
Place an order on May 23rd 2020, here we are on June 24th and I have know way of knowing what has happened with my order, I have tried online costumer service numerous times, and have got no answers, have spent lots of time waiting on the phone only to be disconnected, the one time that I got through I was told that I would have to use online customer service and the guy on the line did not care about you problem, yes I'm aware of the Covid situation but I now feel that Lowe's does not care about their customers, I'm disgusted with Lowe's a crappy American Company, NEVER AGAIN
hughl25
February 21st, 2020
OK. Ordered two glass window inserts for my patio doors. On Jan 13. On Jan 17 UPS arrived and left ONE of them - though packing slip noted it was package one of two. Called Lowes.ca support and was told that in this situation they would not give me a credit or send another unit until UPS had completed their "investigation" - which could take up to 3 weeks!! I argued that my contract was with Lowes. THEIR contract performance issue with UPS was NOT MY PROBLEM. No satisfaction. So after about 10 days I was able to see on the UPS tracking site that they'd completed their investigation and considered the item lost and advising they would advise shipper of outcome. So I called Lowes again and said - so, where's my refund? They said they had not yet been notified by UPS of outcome and so couldn't process it. I explained that it was shown right on their tracking site that the item was lost, so if they haven't heard that from UPS maybe they should CONTACT UPS and confirm. They seemed to be unwilling to do that, instead saying had to wait until UPS contacted THEM. I waited for another week and a half, then called LOWES AGAIN. (This was my 4th half hour phone call with them). This time seemed to get someone who had some common sense and promised to follow through. He did, and I finally got the refund on Feb 20 - more than a month after the item went missing. Clearly, the last person I talked to finally took the initiative to contact UPS since the UPS claim was finally initiated that same day! Could have been initiated 3 weeks earlier. So they would have just WAITED - for how long? - letting me twist int he wind???!!! Clearly customer care is NOT a priority with Lowes.ca.
brendau77
May 27th, 2020
annas456
October 26th, 2019
Horrible experience. Bought washer and dryer there and it's taken 3 weekends out of my life. Unbelievable. Had to return as it was damaged and that's when the problems started. They wouldn't refund me the damaged ones. Finally did and overcharged me as they said they had to charge me to reschedule delivery. I had to go back to the store and spend 2 hours each time 3 times. The manager wouldn't even talk to me when I asked to see him. Disgusting. Never buy anything there again.
markd1365
April 26th, 2020
This store is the worst I have ever dealt with. I went into the lowes manning store in Edmonton yesterday as I needed a holesaw. I got what I needed and went to pay and asked the cashier if I can return it as it might be to small, was told not a problem. When I got home, I found it was to small so I decided to do the responsible thing and order the larger one online for store pick up. I waited for hours and decided to go back to the store before they closed. After waiting in a huge line I got to the pick up counter and was told they had not received my order. I said no problem, I will just get it and just wanted to return the one I purchased hours before.
I was told that I could not return items during the covid 19 crisis. I asked the manager how they can be open to sell items but not take them back. She could not give me an answer. I was frustrated and said a few things I maybe shouldn't but nevertheless you have to go to the store to either purchase or do a return, what is the difference, I had to buy the correct size, so I had to come back, why can't they take they other one back? They are using the covid 19 pandemic to hold your money! This is unacceptable and a total lack of capable management. Why Lowes can get away with this is beyond reasonable. Just as bad is there insistence of not using a "tap" type debit machine. This proves that Lowes is nothing more than a money grubbing rip off artist that is just as irresponsible as the CCP government of China!
ghazalar
April 17th, 2019
Last week my husband and I arrived at this store to buy some flooring and tiles for our home. No sales staff around so we rang a bell 'for help' and waited. An announcement was repeated several time for a store associate to come to that section. 20 minutes later one showed up but was also working with another customer and was therefore short and obviously harassed . We walked out, drove to Home Depot and ordered the products we were looking for. This morning I posted a question on the Lowes website re a bathroom vanity. I asked if it was in stock at the Hyde park, London Store quoting the reference number and the response I got was that the question was not clear. I have sent off another question asking which part they do NOT understand. Customer Service is downhill all the way for this company.
annettea10
June 13th, 2016
chrisl242
July 10th, 2017
I ordered a 25,000 BTU barbecue online, and I was delivered a 20,000 BTU one that was identical. When I contacted someone from Lowes, they said they didn't have a 25,000 BTU one in stock. I'm like "So, you just send them a lower model, and hope they don't notice??". Then they said, they would forward my complaint to upper management. I had to wait for a couple days before someone got back to me. We finally came to an agreement, that I would get the same discount on the 20,000 btu one (as it was not on sale).

In the end, I was fine with the resolution. I just don't like that they tried to slip it by me, and the fact that it took a couple days for someone to get back to me, as I feel is it's a serious "mistake".

IMPOSSIBLE! On hold for 45 minutes and then don't get customer service rep