Lowes.ca

Lowes.ca has a consumer rating of 1.24 stars from 41 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Lowes.ca most frequently mention customer service problems. Lowes.ca ranks 45th among Hardware Store sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 4.3%

No positive highlights yet

• This is soooo ridiculous it is beyond words to describe the level of incompetence of customer service provided.
How would you rate Lowes.ca?

“Ask for Sohail, he's the best!”

Maria S.
10/21/20

Purchased a freezer, Sohail at the Mavis, Mississauga location was Amazing! He made sure we got the freezer delivered on time as promised! Thanks a lot Suhail!

“I just want to order a god damn glass globe pendant light, why on earth don't you want by money?”

Josh E.
10/16/20

So I measured the pendant fixture in my small apt "dining room" find the exact glass globe shade I want, and apparently there is no way for Lowes to get me that shade, its on the site, I have money that I would like to give them for one, but it apparently can't be picked up here in store, and I can't have it shipped to me. (I live in a major city), the store doesn't have it in stock... so... uhm what more can I say than to hell with you Lowes I guess I'll stop wasting my time. 1 star all around.

customer service (13)
joshe88
October 16th, 2020

marias1217
October 21st, 2020

joed1036
June 22nd, 2021

Don't buy anything from Lowe's unless it's a consumable product like cleaners, batteries or screws and nails. I bought a storm doors with the handle set. The handle broke after a year and their answer to replacing it was to contact Larson in the States to get part. They had one right there in the store, on display on a door and refused to sell it to me. Lowe's. You lost a customer.

gordonl28
July 3rd, 2021

I tried to make a simple purchase online from Lowes and wanted a courier to pick it up. That session started hours of frustration, phones calls, and wasted time. The cart would show items added, but when opened, it would say your cart is empty. After many retries, the contents would show. Once I eventually had an order completed, I ran into another glitch. They have nothing on the pickup thread to allow courier pickup. After three phone calls, I found out that you have to put the courier's name in my contact info but still use my phone and email. Another kluge!
After three canceled orders and a fourth that continued showing an error, I gave up.

michellek523
June 19th, 2020

I ordered a barbeque from Lowes on May 5. I kept on following up without response. I called Lowers repeatedly. Last time I was on hold for 2 hours and 28 minutes! Lowes finally said they do not have the item I ordered and not in stock. Why would they take my order and my money and not deliver! To make matters worse, they do not return the money when they fail to deliver. They just keep your money until you complain repeatedly.

peterc1227
June 5th, 2021

Ordered two items. One item arrived promptly from a store in Toronto where I live. After waiting two weeks for the second item I contacted customer service for an update. They told me it was coming from a store in BC. Twice now they have tried to contact the store's online service people and also the manager but they won't return their calls or emails. Now I can't get a response from customer service. Has been two months now, either that store doesn't exist anymore or they don't like shipping to Ontario

Still waiting

oms6
June 30th, 2021
Verified purchase

Called at 3pm to cancel order from 2:46pm (lights from Globe Electric). Told by Lowe's that the vendor had to cancel. At 5:22 received email from Lowe's, item has miraculously shipped within 3 hours on June 23. Says it will not ship until 4-5 days after the purchase day on Lowe's.ca. UPS were not contacted until June 27, by Globe Electric, order picked up June 27, so why send an email saying it is shipped. WHO IS LYING, And why, over a 67.00 order cancellation? I made a mistake and ordered the wrong product, stupid me, I will never order from Lowe's online and advise that is the best solution. Not helpful employees, making bad decisions.

Terrible customer service.

Zero

brendau77
May 27th, 2020

Beware of ordering anything online. I have recently bought 2 items online from Lowes.ca One was an order of 70 high polished ceramic tiles12 by 24. When my order was ready for curbside pickup, we had to pick up half of the tiles loose in no box or bindings. Realized they were all scratched when we were bringing them all into the house. 2nd order was for a BBQ which was ordered 3 weeks ago. Ordered on the day the flyer came out. Only 2 available at the store. Credit card was charged but then 10 days later the BBQ charge was cancelled. I called the store to clarify and they told me no the order is not cancelled. My order was taking longer because I had ticked the box for free assembly of the item. I told them no I could put it together myself if it was taking this long. The lady said ok. Another week goes by and I got a message today that the order is now cancelled as they have no BBQ of that stock item available in Ottawa. Leaves me wondering what happened! Noticing that when Lowes does advertise they have very little or no quantity of the item available on the first day of the flyer at the area stores. Very disappointing. Didn't realize lowes had so many complaints.

tammyf216
November 19th, 2020

Ordered a fridge online November 3rd, received zero communication or even a confirmation email from Lowes. Paid in full. November 19th I call for a status update on delivery and I am told, that fridge is no longer available. I asked if I get a deal on a different fridge and am told they don't do that. Worst customer service ever. Never buying anything from Lowes again.

sarahm2122
May 26th, 2021

Worst service ever. Almost a week for a pickup order. I mean you could get items from the US with other providers in less than 3 days. I didn't even ask for a delivery.

alissac36
May 28th, 2021

Good luck ordering anything online from Lowes, at least in Canada. I ordered 3 things this week at all were supposedly available, in stock and available for pickup. Turns out, they had none of them and they just cancelled the order after charging me. I spent over an hour on the phone trying to get an explanation only to be told their online inventory is inaccurate.

I was planning to spend some serious money on flooring when I went to pick up these items, but now I will never look at their website or set foot in one of their stores ever again as a result of ths experience and their total lack of customer service.

Look elsewhere.

Products used:
None - they could not fulfill my order.

nashas1
July 27th, 2020

Problems getting my refund very rude customer service reps. Worst websites to shop on. Have to call and call wait on hold forever then they just hang up on you dont even listen to your concerns.

julied494
September 11th, 2020

Lowe's deserves 0 stars if there was that option. I ordered a shed online and the order was cancelled shortly after. I called customer service to ask for the reason, and was told that my address was beyond the delivery zone from where the product is coming from (it's sold out in my home store). I didn't fight about this, but I asked for my 20% coupon back that I had used on the shed. And I was told "sorry it has already been used on the shed"... Yes, a shed that I will not be getting. So why can't I get the coupon back to use on different product? That beats me. No wonder they are closing more stores across Canada.

colleeno58
June 23rd, 2020

I ordered an item May 24 and I have still not received it. I sent in several online case requests they never responded to and I called everyday but line is always busy. Over a week ago, I finally got through to customer service. Robin and her supervisor assured me they would follow up and investigate and get back to me if I didn't receive it by June 19. I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THEM. Robin also said 98 percent of the items that go missing are not found and you have to wait until they launch an investigation that takes another three weeks before they will give you back your money. It is ridiculous. I WOULD NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.

irinas68
September 6th, 2020

I received a door and after installation we found the one handle is glued with wrong angle (see attachedpicture). Next day the other handle was fully detached because there was not enough glue. I called to Lawe's the same day asking to fix or replace the damaged door. I never met soooo awful customer service. They kept me on hold soooo long and after several transfers they said because of the doors are installed they only can offer 10% discount. So I have to live with damaged doors because Lowes don't care about their customers. After I placed this review on their website, they refused to post it with the note: "it did not meet all our website guidelines". I wouldn't expect such poor customer service from the company who declare their exceptional care of customers.

mandyp63
August 22nd, 2020

Bought 8 flower pots. 1 arrived correctly another 7 shipped separately. I think they swap the label with the other order. Sent me 4 large flower pots I didn't order. I sent it back. They refunded me 4 small flower pot I ordered. Super long time to response!
I don't need my 3 flower pot refund. I just want them to close down! Don't buy from them!

elaines251
June 18th, 2020

They never have anything in stock, either online or at the store. We checked 7 stores within delivering distance of out home and on 5 occasions we found none of the items we wanted available. When you go into the store the employees scatter like ants into the aisles and the people at the so called customer service desk are just plain rude and ignorant. All we are asking is that we be treated as customers and not cov19 carriers. It's bad enough places like Canadian Tire and Home Hardware herd their customers like cattle at the front door but to add to all the frustration is having to drive all over trying to find something and none of the stores who advertise things have them in stock. Shut down if you don't want our business and let Ace Hardware and Harbor Freight Tools come in and do the damn job right.

tatianag69
September 22nd, 2020

Horrible experience! I am doing home renovation and my primary materials source was Lowe's, which converts to thousands of dollars spent there. Most recent experience put an end to it. I purchased sliding closet doors and paid for the delivery to my house (as I have no means for bringing it by myself) so, the door was defective, I called customer service and asked to bring me a replacement door (since I paid for the delivery in the first place) to my surprise I was refused the delivery, the only option they gave was to bring the doors myself and have it replaced in the store, which completely defeats the purpose of initial delivery. Their excuse was that it is probably manufacturers defect so they are not in position to incur delivery expense, when I tried to explain that their position simply cost me delivery money for no proper goods received, they started repeating same phrase, that they are not able to do anything about it...

heatherl141
July 8th, 2020

I wish I could give less than a star. I placed an order on June 13th for a Garden Hose (mine had sprung a leak). I inquired about my order July 2nd, and was told "COVID" was holding up my order. Today July 13th I've got an e-mail back saying the order is cancelled. No explanation. Well by now my hose has 4 holes in it, and I have to wait 2 weeks for the refund. I'd had a horrible experience with Rona (almost exact same thing happened, held my money for a month, bad customer service then sudden cancellation). Avoid if you have any option to. I will never use again, to blame the fact that you are an essential service is even worse in my opinion. I regularly order from at least 30 different major and minor online businesses and none have been this terrible ever.

prestons56
July 23rd, 2020

I was in the store Wednesday, July 22,2020.
There were so many staff, about 4 of them, in the garden center, were just talking. They don't even want to help. They all went away when they saw my wife approaching them. What kind of people are they?

shannony34
May 6th, 2020

To anyone reading this, avoid the stress and order from Home Depot or Best Buy.

- I ordered a small freezer online on April14.
- The item description said it would be available April 24th. It never arrived.
- I emailed Lowe's on April 28 and got reply within the hour with a case number and a promise to have someone follow up within 48 hr. No one ever followed up as they promised.
- Sent follow up emails for a week.
- Called and waited for 2 hours and no one answered.
- Called the USA line and got to someone by he couldn't access the CAD orders.
- Tried the chat function if the wait is 92 min long... still waiting...

I still have no idea if I'll ever get this freezer and I have a 1/4 beef coming in 3 weeks!

This is honestly my first review ever but I'm so pissed that I needed to share. Do not shop here anymore. It's not worth the hassle.

markos47
May 11th, 2021

Ordered shower door 2 months ago.
Received 1 of 2 packages on Apr 5th, never received 2nd now is May 11th.
Called courier company they say 2nd was delivered on the 14th of Apr and it wasn't and no notification or email about this mysterious delivery on the 14th of Apr.
Called Lowe's again and after 30 mins of waiting they hung up on me straight from the chill music.
Unbelievable.
And by the way the first time I called on the 30th of Apr about this Lowe's support, they said they contacted courier and to wait for a month for resp.
They actually never did anything to help me.

Tip for consumers:
Don't buy from them, because once you buy and call they find the way to send you somewhere and after they blacklist your number so you're being avoided.

Shower door

glenns410
September 15th, 2020

I placed an order online on May 6 2020 and cancelled it in store Burlington Ontario for days later. Lowe's charged my credit card for the cancelled order. Opened a case to get my refund with customer service to get a refund. Lowe's claimed I was never charged. Sent evidence five times showing I was charged. Went to Burlington location with proof and still no refund. The store even called head office with evidence in hand still no refund. I asked the assistant store manager to look into the refund. He said he would call me in a couple of days. The manager never replied even after I sent a followup email. I opened a case with PayPal. PayPal contacted Lowe's and I had my refund in an hour. Lesson learned Lowe's will only give a refund if forced to do so. They should not bother with a customer service department as they Don't give a crap in doing what is right..

mikes2542
August 19th, 2020

I ordered a costly over the range microwave from Lowes.ca, the item showed 22 pieces in stock and a delivery date of 1 week to the Kanata store. I called the appliance department at the Kanata store to confirm stock and was told that they were in stock at a Lowes warehouse in the Toronto area and it should be 1 week to get it on a regular truck to the Kanata store for pickup. Fast forward 1 month, a few unanswered emails and no call backs from messages left and my microwave arrived at the store. Ok, fine, their busy, I get it, but the total lack of communication is offensive and to add insult when I went to the Kanata store to pickup, I had to wait over 40 minutes for the kid to find it in the back of the store. The customer service counter kid couldn't remember what person she asked to pull the stock, and couldn't speed up the process after 30 minutes of waiting when I asked, there were more staff in the half empty store than customers but still had to wait too long, no one there cares! Never again!

lauraj902
May 8th, 2021

I placed an order on April 12th. Package was set to arrive April 17th but it did not. I inquired 4 days after the scheduled delivery and was told to wait until the end of the week. So, I waited and still did not recieve my order. I waited a few more days until April 25th and emailed again. They said the they had to put a trace on the package and it would take up to 7 days. So I called after 7 days, waited on hold for 45 minutes before speaking to a live person. I was told they couldn't do anything for me because the trace hasn't been completed yet. And it can take 7 to 10 days. I told them that this was ridiculous. I have a project to finish and I want a refund for the $100 purchase I made so I can purchase the product from somewhere else. She said there was nothing she could do so I asked to speak to manager. I was on hold another 10 minutes to be told no managers are available and they will call you back within 24 hrs. So 36hrs later I recieved a call from a supervisor. Who told me they should have a update by Monday or Tuesday! They would not issue a refund or do anything about the fact that they provided such incompetent customer service although they admitted that this was handled very poorly. This is soooo ridiculous it is beyond words to describe the level of incompetence of customer service provided.

IMPOSSIBLE! On hold for 45 minutes and then don't get customer service rep