Review of LogMeIn

Tel: +1-781-373-6893
rbradley@logmein.com

jareds138
5/21/19

This company has steadily went downhill. They Jack prices up 150 percent EVERY YEAR - they formulate their one single email alert to wind up in junk mail hoping nobody sees it and then auto bill your credit card. F these dishonest people. Never again. Stay away. You've been warned.

howards179
5/17/19

The company has raised its pricing by 425% in just 4 years.

1699 for 100 users in 2019
899 for 100 users in 2018
800 for 100 users 2017
600 for 100 users 2016
400 for 100 users 2015
400 for 100 users 2014
Try Splashtop.com or tightvnc is a better solution.

kennym70
4/19/19

I think the title says it all, but I was happy where I was a few years back when I paid $500 for 200 seats. Every year they've jacked it up and now they are eliminating our level of service and forcing us to move to a plan that costs almost $3500. The worst part is they gave us a month's notice which isn't enough time to move so I have to stay for at least a year while I figure out our next step. I called them and they didn't apologize or empathize. They just don't seem to care.

realr8
4/15/19

We originally started with LMI when it was free. Then they started to charge us $200 per year and that was fine. Then the next year, they bumped our annual cost from $200 per year to $1500 per year.

We grittingly agreed to those charges even though we saw zero difference in the 200 dollar version.

Now, after our third year with LogMeIn, they want over $6000 per year for the same dang thing! What the hell are they thinking! These price hikes are highway robbery. I had to cancel that service immediately and will not recommend it to anyone.

What a waste of time it was to install it on all our remote PCs only to get sucked into these price hikes! Terrible business planning in on LogMeIn's side.

Tip for consumers: Don’t waste your time or money.

ericp353
3/13/19

This used to be a good company with a good product for a good price. Now the product is bloated, the company sucks and the prices are horrific. 3 years in a row I have had auto renew turned off and three years in a row they increase the price and auto bill me anyway. What cost $399 a few years ago is now over $7000. Considering it is hardly in use, it is ridiculously expensive. What is the worst is that they dramatically increase their prices with little notice (or none) and then claim you were on autobill. Well, i have it in writing that I wasn't. Within 72 hours we will be completely off of this product. Buh Bye LMI. I hope your stock tanks!

christophert145
1/28/19

Autorenew, slimeball sales tactics. I was basically told "go ahead" when I said I was going to dispute the charges. Held my credit card hostage for years. Each time telling me that i agreed to renewing my contract, when I never did. For two years they told me that they had put my account on "Do not renew" and for two years I would call to ask why they kept charging me. They would say that I had once again agreed to autorenew my account when I absolutely had not. I'm not filing a BBB complaint and have already had my credit card company start the process of disputing my charges.

tomm649
1/17/19

I had started with LogMeIn about a year after they began their service. It is an excellent product and was, at the time, very affordable. Since they have been bought out they almost doubled their price each year when I renewed. So I gave up (found a different product) and requested termination of the service. I was on a monthly subscription. They continued to deduct my bank account after May 2017. I called them and they said "your contract is for 1 year, you are just making payments". I spoke with my bank, Wells Fargo and stopped the transactions (stop payment requires seller identification and a fixed amount. Much to my surprise, they suddenly deducted $350.00 from my account on January 12. I called and they said "there is nothing we can do about that, you have signed an agreement and you are required to pay" (untrue, I never signed anything.
So, back to the bank to get the illegal transaction removed.

Don't fall for their tactics to get you started, you won't be able to get away from them.

charliem104
1/2/19

We have been a long-time customer of Logmein. Very disappointed they continue to raise the prices as high as they are doing when we only use very basic features. This forced us to start looking around and I discovered Splashtop.com. it works exactly the same way including giving user and group permissions. And it's less than half the price. I highly recommend checking it out and wish I would have found it sooner. Sometimes you outprice yourself from the competition enforce your own customers into looking for options that turns out to be cheaper and better. Hopefully their sales department figures it out before it's too late

chaylonb
12/26/18

2005-2014 - $59 a year
2014 - 79
2015- $149
2016 - 249.99
2017 - $999.99
2018 - $4599.99

Unbelievable price increases, when to ConnectWise - and it is BETTER.

stephenc320
12/18/18

here is the simple truth:

2005 - 2015 ~$69/yr
2016 = $162/yr
2017 = $190/yr
2018 = $349/yr (website price. They offered a discounted price of $249/yr when I called to cancel my >10 year subscription)

NO LONGER WORTH THE PRICE. TIME TO FIND AN ALTERNATIVE

salinah
11/27/18

We used Jive, or OnJive for years for our VOIP service and it was fantastic. Then LogMeIn bought them out and now the service is useless, wait times to talk to an agent are over 30 mins and the tech support SUCKS

stay away from any of their owned services. they dont care about you or your business.

lucyn39
11/7/18

Scamming automatic renewal at more than double the price. I received no notification of renewal or of price increase. Last year they tried the same thing, but when I called them they gave me a refund 'honoring the previous year rate.' This year they raised the rate from $250 to $350 (plus taxes). Escalated refund request and they refunded $320 of the $367.49 that they charged.

jeffr261
10/29/18

I'm a LONG time user, maybe 10 years or more. And it's worked mostly great until the past year or so. Now, my client's computers won't let me log in, and LogMeIn "support" says it's not them, that it's Windows Username/password error. No, it's NOT! Since I can sit at my client's actual computer and log in just fine! It's LogMeIn that won't let me log in, but they refuse to help. I need another solution...but what?? They now own GoToMyPC!!

robertp696
10/29/18
• Updated review

I have been reviewing a lot of remote desktop applications and have chosen Splashtop. It costs me $99 a year and supports up to 10 PC's. The security is strong, it seemed a little harder to install but after my second setup, it's easy. I also think Slashtop is easy to use and I'm glad I had the opportunity to test it!!! Go take a look and see what you think.....

I would NEVER suggest GoToMyPc (now owned by LogMeIn)!!!!

“LogMeIn raised the cost over 400%”
7/5/18
• Previous review

I started out with GoToMyPc and have been a customer for over a decade. When LogMeIn purchased GoToMyPc and they raised the cost by over 400%. Customer service didn't discuss any other opportunities with me and left my only option to cancel the service I had for over 10 years as a customer.

I would not suggest LogMeIn to anyone as they are not customer focused and do not have any interest in retaining their existing business.

Note: I started with GoToMyPc and they were GREAT, that is who I miss...

jasonm574
10/24/18

Use Splashtop or something else. Logmein is crap, and the support is even worse. Took 2 calls and multiple hours to get working. Then they wouldn't extend license for time that it didn't work. I simply asked about cancelling and the guy cancelled me on the spot. Been on hold about 30 extra minutes so far. FURIOUS! Planned on going home to wrap up my day, now stuck in the office another 3 hours. Hate this company. Last support call was just as bad.

martine43
9/10/18

Same complaint as most people here. They went up over 300% in price and autobilled my credit card. When I saw my statement, I called and cancelled. They refused to refund or prorate. Totally unethical business practice. Maybe a class action lawsuit would be appropriate here.

emmas52
8/31/18

Shocking Criminal Scammers, they increase there subscription by 300 - 400 % after the first 2 years, so you feel settled and possibly won't notice what the do!!! my fees went fro £74 to £359.99 in 3 years. with absolutely no notice or confirmation......This is a complete scam and their staff are also extremely rude and unhelpful.

The first year I purchased this company subscription it was priced at £74 for the year, all fine.

The 2nd year they sent me a renewal notice for £109, quite a bit more but still fine.

The 3rd year they didn't send me a renewal notice at all and it was missed by me that in fact, they had charged my account by £251.00 that's more than double the previous year!!!

This year they sent me 2 emails stating I needed to update my card details. I did not update these details as I wasn't using the service and didn't really want the service anymore. They sent no notification of the highly overpriced new rate.

Then just yesterday they somehow took £359.99 from my account. when I called them they seemed to act like it was perfectly normal to inflate their prices, like this and were in fact extremely rude.

They have canceled my account as I threatened legal action. However, I'm sure they would not have done this for everyone.!!

I now also feel very uncomfortable that they have the software installed on my machine. As they are a very unscrupulous company....

DO NOT USE THEM.......UTTER SCAMMERS should be locked up for fraud...!!!

bobd272
8/27/18

My account came up for auto renew and I was not notified. Not only did they not notify me but they charged my credit card $839.99. The problem is my original card that I used for Logmein was compromised. Somehow they got my new number from a third party, not Capital One.

First of all I do not believe in 'auto renew' just for this reason. A company should have to make contact and get approval for renewal. The second thing is they circumvented the system to get my new credit card. Maybe they were hoping that I don't pay attention to my credit card statements? I checked my credit card transaction daily and noticed this charge.

I am supposed to have a credit within 15 days. Another question is why it takes 15 days? It only takes seconds to charge my card and it should only take a matter of minutes to reverse the charge.

peterc375
8/21/18

To make sure LogMein can't auto-renew their scam I had to go to the trouble of cancelling the card I used to pay them the first time . I advise that if anyone else has had the problem of LogMein 's link not responding as it's supposed to , get rid of them and be sure to cancel your card or I suggest you will be billed again and this time it will be for nothing .

caseyw64
8/17/18

They make it so you can't cancel online. They raise prices every year. When I joined in 2014 I was paying 52.92, and it was 377.99 in 2018. That's a 614% increase. Stay away from them! find a trustworthy local IT company, they will be able to help you way better that these corporate idiots.

davidf609
7/23/18

Don't give them your credit card - they will not let you cancel and will make you jump through a million hoops and 20 hours on the phone to cancel

jaclynb15
6/21/18

Reasonable increases in pricing are usually ok. But doubling your price in two years is outrageous. This is bad business! I asked them to drop the price back down to a reasonable amount and they would rather lose my business. I cancelled my subscription. Unbelievable!

keiths214
6/20/18

In a few years the annual automatically renewed subscription had increased by eight times by the time I noticed it. It had become about $400 per year. The most recent payment was refunded after my phone call, but no hope for the previous years of non-use.

bruceb272
6/13/18

They upped their subscription price by 300% without notification first of all. My experience using their service was poor due to drops and very slow responses from connected computers and when I asked them to cancel my subscription they refused to give me even a prorated refund. No way to do business.

cf83
6/7/18

I called to cancel our renewed subscription of LogMeIn Pro which went up in price about 30% in one year to well over $800. After it was already paid for, I was told I could cancel it but there would not be a refund or I could keep it for another year with no automatic renewal. When I said we would dispute the charge, the agent said, "Well go ahead", your agreement says there is no refund.

This is not the kind of company I want to do business with anyway and why would I want to stay with them? A company that prides itself on customer service (not Logmein) stays in business with good reviews and referrals.

Here is the phone # I got: 1 855 746 -0220 or 1 877 641 4831. You can called but no use, since its a scam where they try to get your money & don't care what you have to say. When they remote control my computer, my computer got worst cause in the first place, nothing was wrong with my computer. They just wanted me to buy their security system & the tech support person doesn't even know what they are doing cause now my computer is messed up & I have to call another tech co. to help me out. The best thing you can do is call your credit card co. to dispute the bill unless its too late.

By LINDA L.

If you have it on a credit card call the service number and explain to them the situation. You can stop it on your end and there is a possibility you can get your money back.

By Robert P.

1-866-478-1805 is the last number I had. They are very hard to get ahold of. I'm using a Citrix product now - very happy with it and their service - and at a savings of at least $30/month!!

By Chris S.

Questions? Get answers from the LogMeIn staff and other customers.

LogMeIn?