Review of TeamViewer

Tel: 1 800 951 4573
sales@teamviewer.com

scottc405
5/15/19

I have been a corporate Team Viewer user with a paid annual subscription for over 4 years. All in all it is a pretty good tool. I do however question the leadership decision making as far as new wiz bang features vs. completing just basic functionality. I have been asking for an audio cue when a new customer requests a session for over 3 years. They provide an audio cue when a chat message comes in, and an email when a session is requested, but not a simple basic audio cue. When working with multiple machines and monitors, this is a critical but simple ask. Their stubbornness is troubling and diminishing my confidence in the product.

barbaraw372
5/15/19

Sammy and Ronnie got access to my Computer to give me a refund. Instead they took money from my Paypal account and a credit card. They are a SCAM and will do anything to get control of your Computer!!!!!

tomm676
4/18/19

Do not be fooled to pay this company any money. The product is under developed and not cross version compatible. It is also infested with security risks. Meaning you will only be able to remote to a unit unless its using the exact same version. Even though you pay.

Use ANY other remoter and save yourself a lot of money and grief

jeannettes68
3/17/19
• Updated review

After 3 weeks of waiting, I finally received an email from Teamviewer telling me that I was approved to use their services for PERSONAL use.
However, I have tried several times and it does not work.
I am now using ANYDESK and I am very satisfied with the service. Bye Teamviewer.

“Worked great until they say "suspicion of commercial use"....NOOOOOO”
2/25/19
• Previous review

I have used the Free version of Teamviewer for years to call my elderly mother in France. It worked great until 2 days ago when it tells me that I am using it for commercial purposes. I AM NOT. My mother is the only one I call using Teamview and I need it to help with her computer.
I called Teamviewer and ended up with someone in the sales department. She said it would cost $49 per month for a subscription. She was unable to transfer me or give me a phone number to fix my issue. She said the website was made for "you people" who use it for Free. OK, it looks like I'll be using a new company which is too bad because I was happy with Teamviewer.
If they no longer want to provide the FREE version, they should just say so instead of lying about commercial use.

mh471
2/13/19

Whoever is in charge of development at Team Viewer has made it nearly impossible to support my end users. Version differences that are not forward or backward compatible block you from supporting end users. Then there is the limited licenses for support teams. Under the license that we have, we are only allowed three primary support licenses. So if you support someone on your work desktop and then get a call at home and are need to support someone from your home laptop, you have to remove the license from your work desktop computer first. They are making it far too difficult to support end users and are driving my company to look at other options. They started out as a good product, but now are making it very frustrating to support end users. We are reviewing other options.

jestheniaf
2/5/19

I started out loving this service. I thought the price was high, but I needed the ease of remoting into multiple computers to keep my business afloat. End of the year comes, and I get a bill for $500 USD to renew. Ugh, still expensive, but now I've become dependable. Then low and behold they run a special offering the same service for 299.00 for the new upgrade. Excited to save money, (as most small business is) I jumped on the opportunity. I informed the salesmen that I had a bill to renew for the new year and asked specifically if this bill would be removed. I was told that if I purchased the new update that the $500 bill would be removed from my account and the new bill of $299.00 would be my bill for 2019. Well after 2 hours of trying to figure out how to make the discount code work so that I can pay and download the new version, I was told that they had to figure the glitch out and never got a call back. A couple of weeks later I notice that the service has been disconnected. I figure, fine, if they can't give me what was promised then I don't want it anyway. I move on with my life, leaving the software on my computer for just in case the offer goes through or they offer another discount.

Well much to my surprise I get a very snarky credit collections bill threatening to dispatch legal in America if I don't pay it. Okay, I have a couple of different options here as they never sent a perpetual license agreement directly to me to sign, however I figure I will call the company and try to work something out. After all I haven't used the service since the botched promotion, surely, they would understand and have notes of the entire interaction. We'll both call it an oversight, I will pay a fair amount of the bill and maybe continue service.

The resolution. I had to pay for a full year of service, yup another $500.00, and then had to verbally cancel my service for the end of the year so they didn't charge my card again. After receiving payment, they offered to send my call to a supervisor. I declined. They already had my payment, they obviously did not care about saving the business relationship, and their sales made no notes to insure satisfactory customer service. We are a small business and growing. Maybe they didn't need us as a customer, or at least that's how they made me feel. They did offer a discount for 2020 and 2021 after the debacle, but honestly I have lost trust in the company so I passed.

seanv8
12/5/18

Teamview fraudulently took an entire years membership without permission

I no longer use TeamViewer yet somewhere in the the fine print with Palypal they debited an entire years service without my concept. PayPal say not their issue. TeamViewer so tough luck.

How the * are the allowed to simply take an entire years membership without my permission. They say 28 days for cancellation. Sure... So take a month which I won't use but common , an entire friggen year. Gonna fight them.tooth and nail the F*!!!!

daniels719
12/2/18

I contacted Teamviewer to cancel my contract with the correct notice.
Seven months later I received a letter saying I have 7 days to pay a final invoice before debt recovery .The letter was received 2 weeks after the 7 day notice- didnt even pay the correct postage!
Immediately contacted Teamviewer support to explain the situation.
I was told previous letters had been sent(never received) and previous emails sent ( email address had been out of use for a year!)
Arrogant,dishonest and disorganised!

michaelg952
11/17/18

I used the free version of TV for at least and a year and was enthralled with how easy it was to use across my various PCs and remote servers. Enthralled, until in a fit of insanity I purchased the $1k license. Thinking the free was so good, the purchased version must be even better. Boy was I wrong. There were so many login requirements and half the time I couldn't get anything to work. Finally, I gave up and wrote off my $1k. Never pay for TV, if they start to ban you just delete the software.

timothyt93
11/16/18

For a large company the customer service is appalling. We now use one of the many competitor's at least cost and better service.

peterc375
10/13/18

I've been around computers since I built my first 386 pc from scrap computers.( about 30 years). I've seen about every scam there is and been the victim of several of them myself. I take people at their word and give the benefit of the doubt to most, until they do something dishonest or unethical or downright illegal. Most of the time I can handle problems on my computers myself with the help of my antivirus programs and malware programs but from time to time I get baffled by something or other and I have to look for some assistance. On one such occasion, I asked for assistance from a help desk for a program I couldn't get to work and they referred me to their, " computer repair team". The tech person I contacted asked me some questions and then asked for remote control of my computer. I foolishly complied and allowed them to access my computer through TeamViewer. The tech's next move was to inform me there was a number of things wrong with my computer including several potentially unwanted programs,( PUPs), some malware programs and a trojan. He suggested I pay $345 for immediate removal of the nasties and a further $300 for an annual maintenance program. I was sitting at my desk looking at the computer screen at the time and I noticed while he was talking to me on the chat screen he was also in my system files uninstalling drivers. When I declined to pay the extortion, he actually laughed as he explained that my computer was now unusable and wouldn't be usable again until I paid the price. I kicked him out of my computer and re-installed the drivers he had removed and uninstalled the program that had caused me the problem in the first place. My computer is now perfectly well and I found a new email server program which works just fine. I didn't need to have any trojans, malware, or PUPs removed from the computer and only uninstalled the email program which just refused to run in Windows 10 for some reason. I have no problem with TeamViewer as a program in itself. I do , however , have serious reservations about the way unscrupulous scammers are using such a powerful program to fleece people of their hard earned money. I advise everyone to think very carefully before paying extortionate amounts for the use of a third party service which they could have used themselves for free without the assistance of the scammers. If you must allow someone to remotely access your computer, you MUST sit at your screen and keep an eye on what the tech is doing. Don't allow them to remove system files or drivers without your express permission and don't pay a technician for a service you could have had for free.

andyz20
7/24/18

Hello, I'm using this app since years, and it WAS fantastic because it let me to help my tech-limited parents and my old mother and father from my house, in the best scenario 90 Km so far from my home, in the worst one 9300 Km so far.

Now, can you image which kind of problems you can have with old people making trouble on PC and you're not living close to them? And now, when I had any trouble I must also had to think to contact the Teamviewer Support to let them to investigate and, just in case, unlock my account????

And you'll explain also why, to an 81's old man, he must wait maybe 2/3 days that the Teamviewer Support will fix this issue to let me to fix my father's PC to let him to watch a movie or listen his favourite music?

I'm sorry, but if you had this greatest idea to try to get more money to survive, with me you're completely wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are tons of app doing the same teamviewer job without giving any problems, for free, or spending a lot of less money than a Teamviewer yearly subscription, and that's what I did.

You're NO MORE BELIEVABLE and I can NOT let ANYONE to make me so many troubles for free, especially where all the IPs I got access didn't point to any Industry, but just private houses.

So, ALL Teamviewer had been UNISTALLED from ALL PCs and phones, from any opening web page asking me a feedback I wrote just tons of swears, I installed (the payed version) another app

So, who want to continue this app, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scottj137
7/23/18

Their site claims they use state-of-the-art security to protect the customers, but don't believe it. I attempted to download Office 365, was sent to a fake site, and the fake site used TeamViewer to access my computer. This site is used by hackers. Use at your own risk.

johnw1261
7/23/18

I have been using this for years and was very pleased, but recently Teamviewer has been creating a popup at logoff telling me that business use was detected and prompting me to buy the full featured version vs using the free model. Yesterday I was allowed 60 seconds to use the program before being bounced and immediately installed and began to use a paid for version of Remotepc. It is affordable and now do not have to worry about all the incorrect heat as emitted by Teamviewer. NoTeamviewer.

mikek368
6/16/18

Switched from LogMeIn to this. Huge mistake. Hard set up. Confusing to use. Costly, cause of the channels they confuse you at first. Waste of money. Stay away.

mem201
3/9/18

We are a small company running a large remote base of clients. We needed a platform to organize our remote clients in the area of personal coaching and computer support. We had tried a few other companies, like LogMeIn and GoToMyPC, but we ended up settling on Team Viewer.

Initially we used the trial version for a month, and it worked fine, a lot of helpful features. We decided to go forward with a year contract. As soon as it was activated everything went wrong with the program. Several glitches, were the software program would turn to German text (later found out this is a German based company), several issues connecting with clients, and impossible to organize. Also the customer support took forever to get a hold of, and was not helpful in resolving the tech issues - they would ask for a download of computer information after the fact of an issue. How are we supposed to do that??

Further, we decided that we wanted to end our contract with them (several thousand dollars), and since we had gone 1 day beyond a contractual date they refused to work with us. That is utterly preposterous, a terrible service, and they must be held accountable.

Do not, I repeat, do not use this company.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this company.

unhappyp3
10/12/17

If you call for an estimate, they will give you an invoice and threaten to have your company go into collections. DO NOT GET INVOLVED. They have sneaky and impractical business practices. They can bite me. AND NOBODY WILL CALL YOU BACK. I'm making a report with the Better Business Bureau.

dennism141
7/14/17

Have used this software periodically. Mainly when I am out of town to connect to my home computer. Yes I am using as a free customer. The amount of usage I have with the product does not warrant me purchasing a yearly plan. I only use it for personal use only. After I installed a new version of the program something went wrong. I am getting a "Trial Period Expired" message. I did call these people. The person on the phone was a bit short and rude with me because I wasn't a paying customer. I filled out a request online to have the problem fixed. It's now been 4 days and have yet to get any response. I am now filling out a request daily to have this fixed.

Since this, I made it my daily job to find another option. For those of you who are also in need try Anydesk. They also have a free version. Anydesk is simple to use and install. It also has a manual in pdf format you can download that explains everything you need to know about the application.

I'm getting tired of these software companies who, even if you purchase their product, give sorry support or even no support at all. Most only allow you to email them with your problem and then take 2+ days or more to get back to you. Pathetic.

georgef75
3/4/17

Very disappointed how they handle customers that have legitimate issues. Once they have you under contract they basic you did tell you to take a hike if you don't like it.

jordans64
12/16/16

A perfect app for me to manage my devices. As fore me - no need to purchase it, as a regular user I get all the functions via free version.

martys28
4/9/16

I accidentally shared my PIN code with someone I didn't know well and was concerned that they may have snooped around in my computer while I was in a meeting with them, so I contacted Team Viewer's support team. I explained the situation and my concern that personal information may have been stolen from my PC. After 3 days, someone from Team Viewer security got back to me. They told me to send them the log files and the date of the suspected breach, which I promptly did. It has been over 2 weeks, and I have not heard anything back from them. Thanks for putting my mind at ease, Team Viewer!

ottoy
1/19/16

I love TeamViewer and used it for years to manage my own computers and my families as the families "free help desk". So naturally when the need arose at work I pushed for purchase of TeamViewer corporate. The cost was about $3k for 3 seats ( free version is unlimited). What I didn't realize was the pay version is more restricted than the free version. The verbiage is confusing and I thought I thought the 3 seat limit was accounts but its per connection. So if I connect to 3 machines on my account I have maxed out the limit and anyone else that tries to use it will get an error or if I try to connect to a 4th device I get an error. The pay version also does not support the free cell phone applications ( you must pay for this) and wreaks havoc on my personal account. I have two separate accounts, the one that has my grandma's laptop and the one that has the $10k servers for work. Because I use the same computer for both accounts I get those annoying "Commercial Use Suspected" warnings and eventually it goes into Restricted mode where I can only connect for a few minutes EVEN with the account I paid nearly $3k. What does TeamViewer support say?? First of all they are super slow to respond, you will be luck to get a response within a few days, then they want the logs and that takes another 2 weeks to review for some reason. After that they said my use case was unique and not worth solving and I should just use two computers. REALLY??? I should use two separate computers because your software that I paid a small can't have a flag added that separates the commercial from personal accounts?

robertd107
10/30/15

Although this site itself is legitimate, the use of its software Teamviewer is being abused by scammers, the software is designed to be used by participants that want to link their computers together for meetings & to be able to diagnose problem on each others desktops, The abuse of this software & the scam comes about, when someone phones u to say they are from Microsoft & have spotted virus & other nastys on your computer, which is a lie as this cannot be done like this, they then ask you to install TeamViewer so they can take control of your computer & show you things that will scare you, but these things are actually quite normal, they then ask for money via your credit card & will charge you many times over, if u don't give then your card details at this point they will delete stuff off your computer & make it unusable, so at the beginning of the call hang up immediately or refuse to install the software they will get annoyed this shows they are not genuine Microsoft & no one would ever call you like this anyway, if you think your computer is at threat buy & install McAffe or a similar virus killer, what ever else gets past these virus killers is small potatoes you could add spyhunter to totally clean your system, & Advance system care from Iobit which u can just use the free program, remember if someone calls you its likely to be a scam, or not in your best interests, if you wanted it you would of called them.

dwaynew9
10/27/15

This ast Sunday I had a small problem with my laptop Thinkpad T410 . It maybe a little old but has never given me any problem. The problem was I had a search banner that wouldnt close out so having heard about Teamviewer I thought I 'd give it a try. What a bad ideal I let teamviewer do a remote install an hour later they had totally locked up my laptop top the point that all the windows 7 hp was totally wiped out!!! Mad me !!!!! UMMMM so I go to the local geeks they hook it up and came back $450.00 aint happening ! Thank god my oldest son is a gammer ! He and his bf took out the hard dive and put it in a syfy rigged older comp tower and three hours later he gives it back check this out Dad !!!! His words this aint T410 anymore !!!

jamesc198
12/14/14

Nice features, like session recording and online interface and account. Free for personal use. Splashtop has an annual fee for the same features.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the TeamViewer staff and other customers.

TeamViewer?