Review of LegalZoom

Learn More

362 reviews with 5 stars

markd698
4/26/19

Jason Garcia was the ultimate help in getting me setup with LegalZoom and establishing my new LLC! Thank you Jason!

lukes117
4/11/19

Dawn Watts was very knowledgeable and patient while giving me answers and solutions for the few questions I had. I am extremely happy with how quickly I received help from her and grateful I chose LegalZoom!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Luke, thank you very much for your review. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to see that reflected in your experience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
larryd201
2/12/19

Amanda was knowledgeable and helpful. The Legalzoom website was a bit confusing but the legal help was excellent. Time and money well spent.

donaldc208
1/16/19

Kris, really awesome. Walk me through some things that I would having a lot of trouble with and made it really easy to understand. If you guys had an entire team of people like Kris you will be really special.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Donald, glad to hear you had a great experience. Please do not hesitate to contact again with any additional questions or concerns.
fahdt
11/20/18

Great experience with Kara , she helped with many questions i had in mind
and provided me with a lots information !

lisas961
11/19/18

I had LOTS of questions on setting up my S-corp and Kara was incredible. I feel as if she saved my days of research!

miriamf13
11/15/18

I had a question regarding setting up an LLC with an effective date. I had tried finding whether my state allowed an effective date and couldn't find clear information. Mackenzie was very helpful and asked all the questions she needed to get a clear picture of where I was in the process.

heavens1
10/29/18

I was having a hard time understanding the payment option details so I went to the live chat and Mackenzie helped me out so much. I know more now than I originally wanted to ask about.

johnm2430
10/12/18

I had the pleasure of working with Jason Garcia from LegalZoom who was very attentive to my needs when navigating through my business profile. He was extremely responsive and a pleasure to work with.

dennism336
10/2/18

I've engaged Legal Zoom in many occasions. Always on time and well within budget. Highly competent professional and knowledgeable staff.

clivej4
6/21/18

Kris Wyatt resolved all my questions with a professional and extremely courteous phone call. My business was registered on time and I feel confident with LegalZoom going forward.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Clive, thank you very much for your review. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to see that reflected in your experience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
gregorys137
5/17/18
• Updated review

LegalZoom reached out to me respectfully and fixed everything that was wrong point for point. our beef is over.
Thank you!

“they must be going broke...”
5/7/18
• Previous review

they over charge for registered agent services then refuse to negotiate and belittle their customers for asking, then they assured me they are not lawyers, ha ha they sure act like em'. I have done a bunch of business with this outfit in the past but rest assured that wont be happening anymore. for $460 i could have hired a local legal firm and made some friends at the same time.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
We're disappointed to hear you’ve had a less than satisfying experience with us, and we want to have an opportunity to make things right. We’ll review your account & reach out to you directly. We look forward to speaking with you and hope to make your experience with LegalZoom a better one.
richarde87
3/19/18

I was recommended by a colleague to contact Legal Zoom to set up my LLC. I will note the process was a smooth, efficient and a pleasure.

Thank you!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Richard, thanks for sharing. We're happy to hear you had such a great experience.
richardp226
2/26/18

Kris Wyatt offered me " real help " with questions and concerns about starting an LLC. " Spoke English " and didn't try to rush me through the process to "get me contracted." Seems genuine and a very good company ambassador who earnestly cares about prospective new customers. Someday all of you companies need to realize " personalized " service is still what your customer base is looking for. LIke Kris " answer questions "before you ask for a credit card number ... you'll probably get more business.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Richard, thank you very much for your review. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to see that reflected in your experience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
jayg90
2/14/18

Melissa Harris did a great job of taking care of the paperwork for my C corporation filing requirements and she also answered all my questions that I had about the filing requirements.I also had the opportunity to purchase 2 more years of service using Legalzoom.I will recommend Legalzoom to all my contacts and customers for their small businesses.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Jay, thank you very much for your review. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to see that reflected in your experience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
skylerc5
1/25/18

Juli was great and extremely helpful. She was patient with me and made everything very easy to understand. I have spoken with a lot of costumer service reps over the past few days for various reasons and she was by far the best!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Skyler, thanks so much for sharing your experience. We will be sure to let Juli know if your kind words.
bradc59
1/23/18

I am filing for my first trademark and this experience is incredibly daunting. I have lawyers telling me it will be $1300 or I can file it myself for $69 on some random site. Who knows what is correct but Juli, at Legalzoom, walked me through the entire process. I have an attorney working on my trademark and I look forward to the result!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Brad, thank you very much for your review. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to see that reflected in your experience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
christopherw109
1/9/18

Great Customer Service for the uninformed! From Lawyers on call, to tax specialists, to great customer service just to put your mind at ease yo0u cant go wrong they have you covered!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Christopher, thank you so much for sharing your experience. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to hear your kind words. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
kelseyt11
12/21/17

Very kind and professional. Laughed at my stupid Dad jokes. I called with questions about my Trademark search and while she couldn't offer legal advice, she was able to point me in the right direction.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Kelsey, thank you very much for your review. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to see that reflected in your experience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
drewp20
11/27/17

Had a great conversation with Julie who both knew what she was talking about and was able to give me all the information I needed quickly in an enjoyable conversation! Will absolutely be dialing her back with other questions that may arise.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Drew, thank you very much for sharing your experience. We work really hard to make our customers feel satisfied with our products/services. We're happy to see that you feel you were in good hands & we'll be sure to let her know of your kind words. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
ericc149
11/20/17

She was very patient and thorough she Walk me through the process. She was super friendly!!! When i asked additional information she found answers. Also helped me set up new order

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Eric, thank you very much for sharing your experience. We work really hard to make our customers feel satisfied with our products/services. We're happy to see that you feel you were in good hands. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
alis1334
11/6/17

I have been in the hotel industry for 9years and managed multiple property.
It is rare to find people with such a great hospitality service like Julia.
I would defiantly hire her as a manager for my company. LegalZoom is very lucky to have her as an employee

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Ali, thank you very much for your review. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to see that reflected in your experience. We will be sure to let Julia know how great she was at providing you with quality service. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
sivas10
11/3/17

Filed for Food License and got it done fast without much fuss. Appreciate the support and assistance provided. Look forward for more such good work from the team. Raunak and his team have really delighted me with their continous support and helped me in getting the license fast.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Siva, thank you very much for your review. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to see that reflected in your experience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
josephs247
11/2/17

i am very grateful to Jason Lash for providing highly professional service today. I also wish to express my deep appreciation to all hardworking people at Legal Zoom for helping me on many previous occasions with new business incorporation, trademarks, copyright, and legal services , Your team is really a wonderful help to the entire small business community. Those few people who placed negative reviews about Legal Zoom are truly disgusting and should be totally ignored!!!
Please continue with your wonderful services to all of us. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! Joseph Shetzen

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Joseph, thanks so much for the amazing review and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help with your business needs. We'll be sure to let Jason know of all your kind words. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
annep71
10/18/17

Jason Garcia provided top-notch service while assisting me with my questions, challenges and business needs. I believe it is crucial that leadership recognize a job well done, and Jason is certainly most deserving of that recognition.

In this fast-paced and fluctuating business environment, one rarely finds a provider that; listens with the intent to hear, responds with courtesy, and is decisive enough to take immediate action (where possible), to resolve the issues/challenges . I must admit ... I was pleasantly surprised by Jason's vested attention to my needs! His service level most certainly exceeded all my expectations! I want to detail what sets him apart from others:
1. His focus to discover; why I called, what I needed and how you could help.
2. His proactive service to; assist me immediately by addressing my concerns and helping me complete the filing process on my behalf.
3. His thorough explanation of; what we were discussing, the available service options and associated costs.
4. His insight on; best practices for new business start-ups, and
5. His follow-up, which provided me with details in writing, and key links for additional helps/services in the future.

Jason Garcia's professionalism, courtesy and business focus are rare and priceless commodities! I am grateful for his help and assistance today, and hope LegalZoom recognizes the value he contributes to your bottom-line. I, for one, will continue to work with LegalZoom, because of the "face" Jason portrayed (on behalf of LegalZoom) in our time together today.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Anne, thanks so much for the amazing review and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help with your business needs. We'll be sure to let Jason know of all your kind words. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!

Hi Carol, we also offer legal plans where you can speak directly with an Attorney that can help with any advice or legal questions about your trust. Contact us directly at 1-866-738-2980. We are happy to help get you started.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Jason, we are happy to assist you and talk about our LLC packages & process anytime. Feel free to email us directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Analisa, we are here to help and happy to answer any questions or concerns. Feel free to contact me directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

It is very important to us to try and improve the situation when there has been a misunderstanding or dissatisfaction with our service. We are constantly striving to ensure the satisfaction of each customer & we are willing to review any concerns for resolution. Please feel free to reach out to the social media manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Susan, we are happy to answer any questions or concerns about our product & process. Please feel free to contact us directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Today is July 20. 8am. I called Legal Zoom's phone support 800 773 0888 AGAIN. I got the same automated response that their agents are busy. I waited for several minutes. Nada. Left my return call number. lets see if they will call back. Really? at 8 am and everybody is busy to take a call. I understand they start the help line at 5 am. Still, they do not return calls. Since a Legal Zoom staffer monitors these pages, I might as well ask my question here: I recently filed an application for incorporation in CA. I got the paperwork from the Sec of State. It says its been filed. The information at the Sec of State website says my Corp is active. I understand I am to pay the State an $800 registration fee. When am I suppose to pay this. Nobody's billing me yet. I agree w Stan L. LZ is a great idea but poor executed.

By G A.

Hi Philip, we are happy to discuss our packages & pricing anytime. Please feel free to contact us directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Andres, yes we can assist you with both dissolving your current LLC and the filing of your new LLC. Please feel free to email help@legalzoom.com with any questions or concerns, thanks.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Adam, it is LegalZoom's goal to provide its valued customers with exceptional service during every interaction. All comments and experiences are important to us; we appreciate and welcome feedback. We have many satisfied customers and we are very happy to answer any questions or concerns. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-733-0888.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Carol, we can absolutely help you with setting up a living trust. Our packages start at $249.00 or you may benefit even more with an estate plan bundle. Call us at 1-866-738-2980 for more information.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Questions? Get answers from the LegalZoom staff and other customers.

3 Photos for LegalZoom