Review of LastPass

Boston, MA 2210, US
support@lastpass.com

jackh103
7/22/18

Warning! They can deactivate your account with no reason!
I've used the extension in absolutely straight way - just saving password to websites like gmail.com, amazon.com, internet shops etc.
Now I see that my account is deactivated - saying that I'm enterprise customer, while I'm not! I don't have any admin, I'm single private person who saved his own personal data there...

ALL my passwords lost, now need to recover for each single site.
Horrible experience!
Beware and look somewhere else!

Tip for consumers: Beware! You'r passwords will be lost!

kriss91
7/4/18

I decided to try this as a "backup" password archiver to the Apple Keychain because the Apple Keychain can evaporate without provocation. Well the more I used LastPass, the more I had to devote to getting it to work. LastPass hard sells the premium during trial period but provides the scantest support. You don't get a good impression that there is any better value. Support relies on canned responses. I complained intensively enough to get to upper management and I explained the shortcoming, of course, there was a vague promise to improving the product. So I decided to wait. A year later I received a market statement of a new release. It was prettier but still functionally flawed. I recommend trying more a robust Password manager that can seamlessly handle the Internet. Having to spoon feed a browser extension is not what I consider a robust app, especially because it is going to be handling sensitive information or ready to charge for.

rld1
12/27/17

I have been a LastPass member for several years. It seems their renewal process has a flaw. I have made a referral that extended my account. But it seems they don't update the payment renewal date. I wants payment as of original renewal date and not when your account is ready to expire. I can see people losing track and missing out on the free month(s).

nazers
5/24/17

I have started using last pass few months ago when my friend told me about it. The thing is I even didn't know how easy is for hackers to get into my wallet until I've read some posts about it.

nicholek1
12/27/16

A very useful password manager. Very convenient. It generates your passwords, and it can also automatically change passwords for you if you enable that in settings.

glenc22
1/31/16

It's not easy to remember all the passwords, especially if you don't use just a couple of them for your accounts. It's not safe to write them down either so I think this is a perfect solution.

michaeld157
1/3/16

I've tried a good number of password managers. A couple of years ago, I tried Lastpass, but I quickly found it confusing. I went on to Dashlane, which I used for over a year. But Dashlane began to give me headaches, so I returned to Lastpass recently. It's really not confusing at all if you simply pay attention for a while as you grow accustomed to it. There's a brief learning curve. It works far better than most anything else -- of the five or so alternatives I've tested.

Lastpass long had a butt-ugly interface, but they recently changed that, and now it's as good-looking as Dashlane, which is best known for attractiveness.

(Update: Dashlane's newest version is great. I've returned to Dashlane even though I still recommend LastPass heartily.)

kumarm
9/25/15

The free software stores all the passwords for you in your browser. You get choice of auto login as well which I found sometimes can be bit annoying especially if you didnt choose the right option alongside cuz it will login more than once automatically if you have not left the page. I prefer it just alongside the browser password storage and its like a backup of all your passwords and works great. Its free and virus free and works find with firefox. I dont use it with other browsers but I am sure it works with the others that are compatible.

stephanien3
2/23/15

When I was looking for a password saving site, the two major ones that I came across were Dashlane and LastPass. I first tried LastPass because it seemed more popular. However, I found it very confusing to use as I already had many login/passwords already save in chrome. It was overlapping and was not saving password changes correctly. Then uninstalled it and changed to Dashlane and have been much happier!

adamm75
2/6/15

OMG I absolutely love this app! It has saved me so much time and hasell from having to click "forgot password" and it's totally secure. Even offers an awesome security tool to check if your passwords and usernames are too close together! Hackers get at me now!

apolloc
2/20/14

Combined with secondary authentication, this is a great way to protect your online identity. In the same sense that helmets may not keep you from dying in a motorcycle wreck, but they certainly help.

ginam15
5/15/13

Love it! Use it every day

Questions? Get answers from the LastPass staff and other customers.

1 Photo for LastPass