LastMinuteTravel reviews

Tel: 1-800-442-0568
affiliatemanager@lastminutetravel.com

kylef73
5/21/19

I used the sham of a company to book a reservation for a conference in Washington DC. Not only did they charge me twice, but after reporting the extra charge, they just canceled my reservation without even telling me. I found out when I tried to check in to my hotel and they didn't have any reservation in my name. When I called the company to ask them to right the wrong, they basically said "not our problem", refused to help at all and left me stranded without a room. Words cannot express how livid I was after they refused to even help me find another place to stay. Avoid this company. Tell your family and friends to avoid this company. They will steal your money, ruin your trip and refuse to do anything helpful whatsoever.

lindseys77
5/2/19

Tried booking through them... not only did they put the amount pending on my credit card - they tried to run it twice... I never recieved a confirmation so called them they said I didn't have a reservation. And when I told them it was pending they said that was my CCs problem.. called CC and they said that was ridiculous they initiated the transaction... Have no idea why was so shady and have now gone over 3 days with the amount just pending on my CC - STEER CLEAR!!!!

coreyt30
3/28/19

I tried this site to fly last minute for a funeral. I received a reservation notification as well as a reservation confirmation. The price was okay considering, I'm all set right? I arrive at the airport only to find out my info is not in the kiosk system. The customer service representative tells me my confirmation was canceled and that there's nothing they can do! Great! I make attempts to call the toll free number and after going through the prompts it mysteriously deconnects. I go to the website find a different number and the exact same thing happens! Now the price to fly last minute for a funeral has nearly tripled! Unfortunately instead of going to my uncle's funeral, I'm on my way back home. Thanks lastminutetravel.com! Your service is awful! If I could rate you less than a one I'd certainly do it!

edgara29
2/26/19

Purchased an all inclusive through a Google one deal. I called the hotel and they confirmed the room. I was mentally preparing myself for some shinanegan because the deal was amazing. Check my credit card activity and no funny business! Had a great trip and loved Aruba!

mollyc85
2/18/19

I rented a car through LMT (last minute travel), it was made clear through their invoice I would be paying $121 dollars to reserve and an estimated $62 at the counter. This invoice also included a list of mandatory fees, which any reasonable person would assume they were included in the estimated amount due - as they are listed as mandatory. THEY ARE NOT INCLUDED. My rental was significantly higher and it would have been more price effective to book directly through another company. Stay away and find another company to book through.

petera239
2/2/19

Beware that the type of fare you think you are getting may be different than what you get and there is no way to tell when you are purchasing. My fare in Icelandair was listed as Economy but found out that it actually was Economy Light (subset of Economy fare level), so had to pay extra $150 for checking 1 bag I thought was included in original fare. I can no longer trust their site when I have no idea what I am purchasing.

michaelv256
11/28/18

I booked two rooms November 28, they charged me FOUR times yesterday and TWO MORE times today! STAY AWAY

geer2
11/28/18

If you want a real disaster planning your get away vacation then use this booking agency.I used them once but never again. The procedures you'll be faced with will make dealing with the airlines directly seem like a dream. To be perfectly honest, after reading the other negative reviews ( after I had booked my flight) I was uncertain if I had a seat on the plane until I was onboard the aircraft.

alexusj
11/26/18

Not only did this place doubles part to me and is refusing to give me my money back but upon my reservation they haven't even paid room. Finally I got the reservation issues solved here we are on monday and im still trying to get my money back smh worst google recommend site

lizs147
11/11/18

I booked two rooms through Last Minute Travel, same hotel, same dates, same everything. The advertised room was under $300; when I got the bill and the 2nd room was charged at almost twice that, the run around was so extensive and impossible that I ended up having to pay. I'm sure what they are doing walks the line of legality; it is well over the line into unethical.

janl132
11/2/18

It took me 3 days to cancel a reservation due to Typhoon Yutu. It was a category 5 typhoon on the northern Marianas islands. Making the reservations was a piece of cake and I had wonderful help. It has taken me 3 days to just cancel the reservation. I was put on hold for almost 2hours and put on hold several times after that. The men at the call center in India were a nightmare. I don't know what is going on but it's terrible. I can't say enough about how bad it is. I am going to complain to Master Card and have them investigate.

Tip for consumers: It is horrible. The call center in India is a nightmare.

kenn74
9/16/18

A few days ago I booked return flights to Memmingen (West Munich) from Edinburgh through the lastminute platform and was initially delighted that flights were available on the dates I wanted. What happened subsequently almost surpassed belief. Although it clearly stated at the top of the webpage that the flights listed below were to Memmingen and NOT Munich, they duly booked my wife and I on flights to Munich. When i rang to complain about this and ask for a refund, I was asked to wait 72 hours while they checked their website. After the 72 hours had passed, I did indeed receive an email but only to tell me there was nothing wrong with their website, a blatant lie. I now face the choice of losing £300 and booking elsewhere, or going to Munich and arranging a long rail journey from there to my intended destination.

I am dumbfounded that this online operation is still in business.

For anyone who might be interested, I made a printed copy of the relevant webpage which shows clearly that my online flight request was Memmingen, not Munich, and indeed the page is headed 'lastminute.com - cheap flights from Edinburgh to Memmingen'.

AVOID!

carlas128
9/12/18

Booked the Quality Inn (off Highway 87) In Indianapolis, IN through last Minute Travel. Supposedly the room was 30% of the regularly $100 per night rate. The hotel room was terrible. Advertised breakfast (they were out of all the healthy options). The hallways smelled as if someone was cooking spicy food all the time. I assume the order had gotten into the carpets. They should have paid me to stay there. I would never book a hotel through them again!

lanif3
8/15/18

They give the impression that the price includes the resort fees but once you arrive at the hotel, you'll be informed that's not the case and that LastMinute (ripoff) Travel has actually pocketed the money. In my case, they pocketed $469 in fees and the actual hotel only cost $1000. Total bull$#*!. Google, credit card companies, and hotels should refuse to work with them. PLEASE write to your hotel and cc company and ask them to stop honoring this scam company.

kakashikok
6/6/18

Just book the flight ticket via this website. Decide to cancel it because of passenger spelling mistake. Slow response from customer service and charge extremely extra for the cancellation. They just want to scam money from you.

chelseam58
6/4/18

I booked a car rental through last minute travel because it was a good deal and it appeared that it was onsite- no shuttle to get car. However, a shuttle was needed to get to the car location. We walked to the pick up station for the shuttle and waited a good time then realized we are supposed to call for pickup. So we did only to have no one answer and we left messages. Waited over half an hour and finally were picked up. At that time I had an agent on the phone who offered to cancel the reservation- a little late at this point. She said the address of the car rental company was listed in the reservation but I assumed that was the airports address as the airport is listed above that. She spoke to some other representative who relayed that we shouldve taken the Fox shuttle and shouldve received an email saying this. We didnt. Also said there used to be a location at the airport for this car rental company- car rental rep said thats not true and we shouldnt have taken the Fox shuttle. I really dont think this company has any clue whats going on. Never again would I use them.

soroushs2
5/25/18

They canceled my booking a day before the trip When I called them to ask why an obnoxious representative told me that there is an unverified problem and I can not tell you anything else. Do not use them.

pk63
5/20/18

The reservation did not get finalized until I called them, despite sending multiple emails and guarantee when making the reservation that it would be honored. Moreover, the hotel reservation said it included free parking and a queen bed, neither of which were included.

aryeh1
4/8/18

After reading the reviews on this site i got really scared about my upcoming reservation I made thru LMT, so I called the hotel to confirm and everything was booked as it was supposed to be.
I would recommend

brooksh23
3/19/18

In December 2017 I made reservations for Yosemite Lodge via LMT thinking it was the Yosemite Lodge direct not knowing it was LMT that the reservations went though, total disguise making it seem like it was the Lodge. The Reservations were for April 30th and checkout on May 2nd 2018. I happened to call today to the REAL Yosemite Lodge on March 19th to make sure our room had 2 beds and was informed that there was no reservations under my name and anywhere. WOW. Not only that I was charged $882.32 for 2 nights which I would gladly pay but this scam outfit never did make a reservation. I also found out that Yosemite is booked out usually 6 months to a year in advance and even during their busiest season the most expensive rooms are $375 during the summer months. So not only was I scammed for the price of the room if available, well the room was never booked with Yosemite Lodge. I wish I could report this company to some Federal over site but I'm not sure were to go to start the process. I actually had my Credit Card company Fraud department reach out out to them and LMT said a refund is coming in the next 5 days...I really wonder if it will be refunded. Credit Card company said not to worry. I guess for now I'll wait and see. But BEWARE of this SCAM site and avoid like you've never avoided anything before.

beenab
2/21/18

So I started my hotel and flight search on booking.com, found some hotels and entered my information, but not actually booking anything, moments later I receive a phone call from an agent asking me about my possible booking as they retrieved my details from the website, I thought great I can speak with someone about the booking and clarify things like can I cancel and change my accommodation after booking etc. I was told everything I wanted to hear over the phone by this agent 'LUCY' sounded French, but found out she was based in a call centre in madrid. Anyway after reassurances that changes could be made to my accommodation, I ended up booking over the phone for flights and a hotel, which I though was booking.com, but turned out is handled by lastminute.com - once I received the email confirmation, lastminute.com were the providers and not booking,com as originally seen. This was a little strange, but everything seemed ok with the booking. two weeks later I call to make a change to the hotel as I then decided after collaborating with friends also travelling, that I wanted to stay in another location and hotel for 3 nights, as opposed to staying the full 14 nights in one place. Well as soon as I called 'lastminute.com' I get through to a call centre in India now, all of a sudden I cant make any changes to my accommodation as it was booked with flights and is a 'package' even though contracts are separate and I didn't want to change any dates. They said they couldn't guarantee any changes and it would take 7 days for someone to get back to me by email?!!!!! WOT after being misold the holiday and given verbal reassurances of being able to cancel and change, I was hearing something different all of a sudden. They said changes could be made on the my booking part of their website - NO this is a totally useless thing where no changes can be made and no further information is available in regard to cancelling or changing. I rang three times and all three times I was told they will be looking into the original call when I made my booking to ascertain what I had been told - I only want to change 3 nights and this is a simple enough request with any other holiday provider especially as travel is not due until late August ?!! I paid a deposit and was told if I cancel now I will lose my deposit?!!! THIS WAS NEVER RELAYED TO ME AT THE POINT OF BOOKING?!!surely something as important as this should be the first thing you tell someone?!! the agents are totally useless and are die hard sellers trying to make commission and will tell you what you want to hear to make the booking - nothing has been confirmed with my booking as I've only paid a deposit and they are waiting for full payment?! this to me means I can change hotel accommodation If I want? TO cut a long story short I could have booked the flights and hotels separately (saved money) on the booking .com website and been able to make changes IF the agent had not called me and convinced me to book both through her - this is misleading and totally scrupulous of lastminute.com not to not advise of all my options and the issues with booking a 'package' even though we can book these things separately and have more flexibility. PLEASE DO USE LAST MINUTE OR BOOKING.COM FOR FLIGHT AND HOTEL PACKAGES THEY WILL SCAM YOU AND MAKE IT DIFFICULT TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK - I am now having to dispute the deposit taken with my credit card company for a refund as I was totally mis-sold - SHOCKING that this company has a huge presence on the internet and are not taking responsibility for the rogue sellers they employ and for misleading people.

reginar33
2/2/18

I had to call Last Minute Travel 4 times... at the end ended up paying way more than advertised. I purchased a Too Good To Be True deal from LMT because it was significantly cheaper versus their competitors Expedia, hotwire, etc... but turns out that deal didnt include All Inclusive when it showed All inclusive! Wtf! So i called LMT 4 times. Pretty much i got bamboozled and have to pay $600 more. Smh. Never again I reserve anything from Last Minute Travel

amanb7
1/19/18

I booked through google and they use lastminutetravel. It shows one cancellation policy and books with another. Thank god I took the screenshot otherwise they wouldn't believe me. Just stay away! Not worth it.

lauraj97
12/4/17

Booked hotel rooms for my employees a month in advance and when they checked in the hotel, they were told that their reservations were cancelled! The company never emailed me about any reservation cancellation and my employees were left paying for their own rooms! Called them and customer service was horrible and were not willing to help or honor the reservation again, instead offering to book with new reservation at a much higher rate! Unacceptable!!! This business needs to be shut down stat!!

Tip for consumers: AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

sarahw219
9/14/17

I used this site to book a hotel a month in advance. It said I could cancel my reservation and get a full refund. I've tried twice to get my money back, and they've ignored my request multiple times, and it's been over a month. DO NOT USE THIS SITE!

By Marissa S.

Questions? Get answers from the LastMinuteTravel staff and other customers.

2 Photos for LastMinuteTravel