Review of JourneyEd

Tel: 800.876.3507
custserv@journeyed.com

rics12
1/29/19

I purchase a copy of Microsoft Office Professional from them. I needed to reinstall it about 2.5 years later. Microsoft said at that time that the license key was likely fraudulent and not valid.
I contacted JourneyEd with this information, and they responded that the license was only good for 2 years. No where in the description of the sold product did it state that the license was Only for 2 years. I thought I was buying the standard product.
This is clearly JourneyEd trying to cover up that they must have sold me a fraudulent software license.

scottj156
1/5/19

This site is little more than an aggregating tool. They DO NOT offer anything special to students that students--or anyone--could not find with a ten second google search. Not only that, but their "deals" on tech are more expensive than five minutes on Ebay, or pretty much any other site. The fact that they sell themselves as a site offering a special service to students, with special access, is not only misleading, it's manipulative and deceptive. DO NOT trust a site that claims to have your best interests in mind as student or teacher, and then offers nothing you can't find in a couple minutes yourself, at a better deal. Maybe use the site as a reference point, but DO NOT believe you are getting the best deal just because they say it. It only gets second star because maybe it can help those new to the game as a bit of a reference or a starting point on where to go next.

stefk5
1/7/18

Great offers, super offers such as Office 2016 Plus for $29.95. As far as I can tell it's actually available (after plugging in college after college till I found one) in maybe 1% of colleges. Classic clickbait! If you do buy from them DO NOT use a Debit card, use a good credit card, keep records and then if things go bad, refuse the charge promptly. From reviews here about 50% go bad.

sandrab214
1/5/18

I AGREE WITH SABINA. I PURCHASED TWO ITEMS, ONLY ONE WAS DOWNLOADABLE AFTER A WEEK AND THE SERIAL NUMBER FOR THE INSTALLATION DOES NOT WORK AND NO APPEALS FOR CONTACT HAVE HELPED. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TRULY TERRIBLE.

sabinap5
11/30/17

I purchased some items in October from them . I wanted 2 additional items but couldn't find them. I know they had it because I saw it a few days earlier. After being on hold for an HOUR the representative have the audacity to tell me without the SKU number she couldn't help me. I could always put in a second order once I found it. What? I was speechless as I desperately needed the software I did find, I purchased it.

In November, I located the 2 items I was previously looking for. Left them in my shopping cart & logged out. The next day, I receive an e-mail that the order was processed. How? I did not enter ANY credit card information. I quickly emailed them back to cancel the order. Turns out, they used the card from my previous order. I called customer service, on hold AGAIN this time 1.5 hours. All the rep could do was send an email. I heard NOTHING back. Today, I telephoned, hold time 35 minutes, & spoke to the customer service manager and he said I had to have entered the card for them to get it. They DO NOT keep cards on file. Then he mistakenly informed me the card number & bank issuer. He then informed me that they had all my credentials on file so I wanted the product. I said NO the credentials were there from my October purchase. I proceeded to tell him I was filing a complaint and he lost a customer his words to me was SO and feel free to dispute the credit card transaction. I told him heard of Karma comes back TRIFOLD. Again his words were SO and he hung up on me.

Tip for consumers: Use a prepaid or gift card with the EXACT amount. I've read that people where charged SEVERAL times for same product.

dustinm42
4/24/17

I bought copies of MS Office for both my work computer (Mac) and my home (PC). Submitted my paystub for verification and had everything up and running inside an hour. I don't like that if my comp crashes that I have to repurchase if I don't have the download anymore, but having a cloud drive solved that. This is my second purchase from JourneyEd and I plan to make more. The prices are unbeatable.

davidb631
2/8/17

I ordered an Adobe software from this company. My credit card was charged twice for the same software. I contacted the company's customer service and was informed that they do not issue refunds for any reason. After the call, I researched this company and discovered numerous similar complaints. I will dispute the charge with my credit card company. This is an extremely dishonest company with a horrible reputation that changes its name frequently.

rogerz7
1/7/17

I just placed an order for software as I am an Instructor at a local College. I get emails about seemingly great deals through Journey ed All the time. I just placed an order for software as I wanted to get the key and download it on my new laptop immediate. After I placed the order for the software key it charged me sales tax as well as shipping fees so now I have to wait for what was implied a downloadable software key-code. Also all sales are final from them. I was fairly upset about this event so I went to Microsoft's main page to see what the pricing was and lone behold it seems Microsoft has a better deal than journey Ed. I sent them a customer response to see if they will make this right and refund my money. as I am very displeased I will also let All my students and peers know that this is not a good deal at all.
SO..... Dont do what I did and be wise, learn from my mistake and do not use journey ed to purchase a thing.

augustinf9
8/23/16

Most of the good reviews you see on here are by employees. Go with a big name trusted retailer or order from the software company themselves. Most software companies will have an education ordering option anyway on their website, like Adobe. No need to go through a crooked middleman.

jeffr799
2/18/16

I purchased three products from JourneyEd, Win7 Ultimate, Win10, and Office 2010. I work for a university, so I submitted my credentials to verify my eligibility. It took a couple of days because of a holiday, but the order was confirmed and I was able to download the products. The real issue came when there were no keys for any of the products. When I called customer service there was a very long wait, but alas the person I spoke to handled the issue. For whatever reason, the university email address that I used for my account would not accept the email they had provided with the keys, Even when she resent them they did not show up in my inbox or junk mail, apparently the content was such that our servers were blocking them out. So, I provided an alternate email address and she resent each of the emails, and I successfully received keys for each of the products that I ordered. In the end, the products were a great value.

Tip for consumers: Contact them immediately if you don't receive an email with the keys. Try having them sent to an alternate email address as some systems may block certain content.

ronaldc32
6/21/15

Never do business with Journey Ed/ Academic Superstore. They refuse to honor a credit thatI have on file. They mislead on price matching and as per BBB/Dallas they are not members. There are several other academic stores that are much better and honorable.

augustinf7
5/31/15

They gave me a code for an Adobe product and it didn't work. I asked for a refund and they flat out refused.

Customer service is also rude, very unprofessional, probably work minimum wage and don't give a _____.

roberth154
2/22/15

Web site is very careful to tell you there are no refunds for downloadable software. Only AFTER you make the purchase do they bother to tell you that your eligibility has to be confirmed before you can get the access to the download. If you need something quick on a Sunday, too bad. You just wasted your money. Despite two online messages and three voice mails to the "Customer Service" supervisor, I have heard nothing back.

prodigyp
11/28/14

DO NOT order software from JourneyEd. STAY AWAY! Customer service is rude and they do not refund and/or accommodate for downloading faulty software. Save your money and look for a more reputable company.

johns772
10/27/14

This has been a terrible process. I placed my order online at 1:30 on Friday. I specifically paid $50 more to have the Electronic Delivery version such that I assumed I would have received the order in a timely fashion and could immediately begin using it for my work on Friday. Upon submitting my purchase, I received no confirmation email that the purchase had been made. I then immediately submitted my academic eligibility, and again received no email confirming this submission. Once the page had changed to where I submitted my academic eligibility, I was unable to return to get my confirmation number. Thus, concerned that I had received no communication from your company, I attempted to submit a online inquiry, but was not even able to provide an order number. I also have not received any response to my email inquiry. The cost of the program, however, was promptly deducted from my checking account on Friday, and only in this way did I know that my order had been processed. I understand that my academic eligibility needed to be processed before receiving the order; however, this was processed on Friday with a notice that my "order will be processed shortly", yet now it is Sunday and I have lost an entire 2 days in which I cannot use a product I paid for on Friday. Knowing this, I would have purchased the software elsewhere and/or not paid a substantial amount extra for Electronic Delivery and waited to receive the hard copy, as it appears the processing time would have been equal. I understand working hours for the company are during weekdays only, but in this day and age, it is unacceptable that my process could not have been completed between 1:30 - 5:00pm on a Friday, nor that the company - an online company - does not have any form of costumer service during off hours. I also find it unacceptable that I have paid for a product that I have not received two days later. The process was so poor, that I even suspected that it may have been fraud or a fake website and have been monitoring my account since. When I reported this to the company their only response was to copy and paste from their FAQs : "I apologize that you have had a poor experience. It is however stated on our website that it may take 1-3 business days for your download to be sent. http://www.journeyed.com/page/faqs#ship_dl"

meganh10
9/22/14

Horrible service. Refused to cancel my order. Trying to talk someone on the phone is hell. Trying to figure out a way to get my money back and cancel my order- still. Sorry I'm a full time college student, I don't have money to throw around.

staceym19
3/18/14

There were different options for a Microsoft Office course I came across. This website particularly impressed me as they gave me a good explanation on what to expect from the course. This made my choice easier as it was also relatively cheaper than the other websites which had similar products.

pakl1
3/18/14

There were so many categories for staff, students and organizations alike on different software, courses and study material on this website. I was totally amazed at the price that they offered for certain programs which literally blew my head off. The product I purchased was also shipped in time for me which was a blessing in disguise.

richardc75
3/18/14

I have become a regular to this website after my initial purchase of a software. This website offered me excellent before and after sales support.

gloric
3/17/14

I found the perfect software at an affordable price at this website which I purchased and downloaded. The process required me to submit my academic proof after which the download was available with no problems.

hilbertp
3/17/14

When it came to buying a course on software I was quite amazed at the different brands that was offered on this website.

kings34
3/17/14

I was quite stunned that I was able to save over $400 on CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6. The only thing I was required to provide was the academic proof that was requested by this website.

deans42
3/16/14

I always like to look around on different websites when I wish to purchase something online. This website provided me with an amazing price for the material that I required for my academic studies..

padillal
3/11/14

Whenever I purchased something from most websites I found the after sales service to be poor. This was not the case with journeyed as they provided me with good after the sale support. The delivery of the product I purchased was prompt which was the website keeping up with its word.

perdomop
3/8/14

There were many websites I browsed through before I zeroed in on journeyed for the product of my choice. Not only did they have it at a good price but they also provided me with free shipping of the CD and the material which was very nice. I sure would come back for more purchases to this site

You're now out of luck with JourneyEd. Try to work with the software company directly to be able to download. HOWEVER, in my case, Microsoft stated the JourneyEd license was fraudulent and not valid.

By Ric S.

Is there anyone who knows how to deal with this situation? I got the product from JourenyEd and soon later I sent it back for refund. The package arrived back to JourneyEd on July 15,2011, and a week after I sent them email to ask them the process since I didn't hear from them, then they said I need to have a denial letter from Adobe and so on. So finally they said the refund was processing a month later, but after waiting for a week, I see nothing in my account so I contacted them again. And they tell me the refunded me on July 15th already and there's nothing they can help. So I asked them their account number and the amount they sent so I can have some details to communicate with my paypal account (as what JourneyEd asked me to), but they just kept replying me saying that there's nothing they can do. Anyone has the same experience? Is there anyone knows how to deal with this? the product coasted me around $500 which is a huge amount... I am really frustrated and really need help!!

By Julia H.

Questions? Get answers from the JourneyEd staff and other customers.

JourneyEd?