JoannesDress.co.uk reviews

Tel: +44 20 7583 1629
service@joannesdress.co.uk

amyw374
4/1/19

DO NOT purchase from this company. They send you a cheaply made dress with size proportions nothing like what they should be, and when you contact them about a refund or exchange they never respond to your emails. Absolute fraud and I urge you to avoid at all costs!!

hywelt
9/9/18

Thieves and scammers - just don't buy from them. They refuse to refund poor dresses and because they are based in Singapore you can't take them to court. Their refund policy is rubbish; they don't do what they promise and try every trick in the book to keep your money.

leiam1
8/21/18

I ordered a maternity dress from this company in good faith. Never at any point in the order process did it allow me to choose rush order or shipping.
At first everything seemed fine and good. They confirmed my measurements and I was excited about getting my dress. I stated clearly I needed the dress in my confirmation email that I would need the dress to wear by the 11th August and also need it earlier to account for alterations. I was told the dress would take 18 days!!!
They never gave me an option of paying more for rush ordering or said that shipping would take longer. As a result I received my dress the day before my sisters wedding where I was maid of honour. In this time I have had no choice but to pay more and shop for another dress from the high street which just about fit me being 5 months pregnant.
I had constantly emailed them in this time asking about my dress and they kept telling me to be patient.
My dress was also stuck in France being shipped for 9 days because they failed to confirm the full shipping details. Which again meant me having to do their job for them and begging them to contact the shipping company. Eventually they did it and my dress arrived the next day.
I have requested a refund of which they are claiming they new nothing about the problems or the date that I needed the dress. Yet I have full email correspondence showing otherwise. They clearly do not understand English and are complete fraudsters.
The service they offer is terrible.
I paid £120 and I wish I never had. This has ended up being a disaster. I wish I had seen these reviews before as I never would have ordered.
Sadly it seems I am not the only customer of theirs who has experienced this problem.
I will be taking this matter up further.
Please do not order from them.

darcyp10
7/12/18

I am so excited that I got this dress for my sisters rehearsal dinner. Im so in love. This dress is very well constructed and so flattering on! The pearl detailing is so romantic. This would be perfect for some one's prom. The quality of the dress is very good and not at all cheap looking like some lace dresses you see online. The lining fabric and the pink lace sash are what really make this dress special along with the little tulle underskirt for added flounce. Its true the best are always graded the hardest! Buy it ladies it is soooooooooooo worth the money!!!!

colletteb4
7/9/18

Please, please do not buy anything from this company!! They are fraudsters that lie and steal money from you. I have contacted trading standards and will be taking legal action as they have not provided me any money for the dress I returned, therefore this is theft. Their refund policy is a complete lie even though I have an audit trail of them agreeing to a full refund even before purchasing the dress!
This is a scam company, please do not waste your time and money on these horrible people.

violets19
5/30/18

I bought my wedding dress from this company but the dress I received is more like a size 10 than a size 16. The armholes went as far as my elbows plus it's meant to be tea length but reaches the floor. The outer material which is netting looks like it was randomly cut with a pair of scissors and they're trying to say it's the under garment which if u looked at the dress u could clearly see its not
I sent them pictures of the netting and I've asked for a full refund but not having any luck so I've told them I'm going to a solicitor and trading standards. I would advise anyone not to order from this company.

simoneb31
5/25/18

I would NOT recommend this company. I ordered a maternity bridesmaids dress and paid for express delivery after chasing, it arrived late, was way too big, looked nothing like the picture and their response was take it to a tailor, which there was not enough time before the wedding and would mean I endured further costs, after spending a lot of money on the dress. I had to spend more money buying another dress before the wedding and despite their Returns Policy stating they would give a full refund within 7 days if you were not completely satisfied, they did not honour this firstly not wanting to agree to a refund, then wanting to deduct 30% for material (which I was returning) and 35% for workmanship. They seemed to make up changes to their policy as they went along, which is not in the policy on their website.

I found dealing with them a very stressful. Again, I would not recommend them.

I got another dress from JJs House, which arrived early and I highly recommend their services/product for maternity dresses.

leanoran
3/29/18

I have received the dress this morning and I opened the package,My god. That's really the dress I want. When I have saw it at the first time, I love that. Then I owned the dress. It has become my go-to dress for parties now. Overall, it looks and feels like extremely high quality tailoring: it has been with me through many parties now, and looks almost like new still! I'll definitely be looking to buying another sometime soon!

reelikae
3/27/18

I wish I could rate 0 for my experience. I received a faulty dress, full of several black stains, missing buttons in the back and in a wrong colour. Material used for a dress was so cheap, the dress looked like made of plastic. It did not match at all with the picture displayed on their website. They refused to refund me since it was order made dress and stopped replying my emails in the end. I lost my money and still have a faulty dress that I will not wear. they first offered me to take the dress to the dry cleaners????? They take no responsibility for making a dress like this. Horrible customer service, product and overall experience.

evgeniav
3/26/18

My dress came really fast and it's absolutely beautiful and it is more than I ever imagined . The fabric the dress is made out of is very good quality and feels like you have paid a fortune for it! Its just stunning I cannot wait to wear this on my big day in April. The service that I received was fantastic, there was assistance with all the measurements Thank you very very much to your amazing team. I recommend this site to anyone!!

sarahm406
3/23/18

They are con artists, I know they say you get what you pay for and all that but this is worse than that, they will send you a poor quality, ill fitting, waste of money dress, they will not refund you, your lucky if they even get back to you, and when they do they will tell you its your fault. DO NOT USE THESE CON ARTISTS!!!!!

peonym
3/7/18

I happened to stumble upon joannedress in the search for the perfect dress. I found my dress within a few clicks and was hesitant to order being an overseas company and having not tried on the dress. After a few months of going back and falling in love with the dress each time, I decided to order. The service that I received was fantastic, there was assistance with all the measurements (we even took photos of me and emailed through to get them to draw where the measurements needed to be taken on me). This helped to ease my mind. After being confident that they were truly there to help me get the perfect dress. The order was placed and I nervously waited. Today my dream dress turned up, it is more than I ever imagined and I fell in love with my dress all over again as I tried it on. I decided to get custom made to save having to see a tailor and to fit me as I am not of normal off the rack proportions. Oh my! It fits like a glove. My girls and mum think its just stunning. I cannot wait to wear this on my big day in January. From order to arriving at work, their timelines were less than stated. Thank you so much to your amazing team at joannedress, I will be recommending you to everyone that I come across. If you are unsure about ordering, don't be, you will be impressed).

charlenek8
3/6/18

Do not order from this company it's a scam please avoid I ordered a wedding dress they took my money and then nothing no emails to confirm order no response when you email them numerous time and the phone number is fake also this has been over 10days and still nothing

kerryannv
3/5/18
• Updated review

Well its been just over 60 days since I gave up chasing this company for any sort of refund. It was quite clear after weeks of daily messages that they never intended to honor their refund policy.
PayPal saw in my favor and refunded me the fast track moneys as the Fast Track service clearly was never delivered, and JoannesDresses never even entered in dialogue with them to defend the complaint I raised.

Visa have not confirmed that they will beable to recover any moneys as yet, but I have another 2 months to wait before I will know the outcome of their activities.

The dress still remains unopened in the packaging that it arrived in

“Absolutly terrible experience - Avoid !”
1/10/18
• Previous review

Ordered a Christmas dress in November, stipulating I required it for a party event on the 15th December.
On 4th December was asked to Fast Track the order to ensure it would be received in time.
12th December Contacted them and was advised that I needed to pay for another fast track!! ... Then received another email saying the dress had been dispatched!
13th December Dress was dispatched for delivery (according to the tracking email I received)
27th December Dress arrived !!!

Turns out the dress was manufactured in Singapore and took 10 plus days to be shipped to the UK (at no point was I aware that I was dealing with a non UK company).

The worst thing is even after stipulating I had a deadline, they still requested (and I paid" a fasttrack service. They knew that shipping would have been 10 days and with the run up to Christmas, omitted to tell me the order could not be fulfilled.

After reviewing the terms and conditions on their website, I contacted their customer service via email 4 days after it had arrived (and within their 7 day return period) to advise that the dress had finally arrived and that as per clause 3. of their returns policy, I was not satisfied, both with the dress and the service I had received from them.
Since then (2 weeks now) I have emailed them every day and receive no more than single sentence replied.
They refuse to acknowledge the return / refund request

I even have the dress, in its origional packaging unopened as I never want to see or wear the item of clothing.

I have a case open with PayPal to request a refund for the fast track service that clearly was not delivered and also a case open with VISA for the whole transaction.
Im not hoping to ever see my money back, but hope that my experiences go to help others who are thinking of using this company ... DONOT !!!

Tip for consumers: DONOT USE THESE PEOPLE !!

gloriah36
2/23/18

I absolutely love this dress and is an amazing price for the quality! I chose the UK 18 dress size, even though I'm normally a ten, as this correlated with the measurements using the size guide and it fits perfectly! Therefore, I think it is important to look at that.
The dress is gorgeous and looks stunning on and off! I never wanted something very bling and even though this has quite a few gems on it and sequins it doesn't come across over the top or tacky. The fabric the dress is made out of is very good quality and feels like you have paid a fortune for it! Also, you don't have to wear it with the petty if you don't want, which is most likely what I'm doing as i don't want it to be as massive as that.
There are a few places where the ends haven't been finished off properly or there are treads hanging but these are easily sorted and for the price this is reasonable!
I recommend this site to anyone!!

carlyd5
2/9/18

Ordered bridesmaids dresses, when they arrived they were stained all over and very poorly made. You will not hear from the company and will not get your money back. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE.

karenw278
2/1/18

I was very unsure whether to order my wedding dress online, but I needn't have worried. Joanne's dresses provided an excellent, polite and speedy service. It arrived in 3 weeks of ordering! The dress was identical to the picture, beautifully made and fit perfectly with no alterations necessary. I'm so happy....Thank you so much!

catherineb93
1/31/18

I'm incredibly happy with my experience with JoannedreSs. I found a great dress for my darling on their website that I had been eyeing for months. When I was on vacation, I decided to visit the store to finally try it on. I am so happy with my dress! The quality, comfort, and price, as well as design and fit were exactly what I wanted! Trust the size guide they have on the website. The price was fantastic and I'm so in love with the design and quality. It was a perfect mixture of every dress. The stylists were so kind and helpful, and shipping times are great as well. Beautiful dresses and even if you are unable to go to the store their online fit guide is very precise and helps in ordering the correct size. I loved the personalized fittings and time spent with each dress. The store is magical and the staff are wonderful. Each group gets a private room complete with couches, champagne, a cart of accessories to complete the look, and a changing room. The sales attendant was so kind and helped me think through all the decisions of each dress. They have already pulled a few dresses I had chosen and a couple she wanted to suggest, and she gave me the opportunity to pick out a few more from the showroom (and because of my time constraint, she steered me away from dresses she knew were back-ordered). Then, we were ushered back to our own lovely private sitting area and fitting room and something to drink was provided. The customer service was great! I love the variety in price range that they are able to accommodate and the gowns are all beautiful and great quality. very thing I have purchased has been lovely and a great find! Highly recommend if this is your style. I would 100% recommend!

nadinel13
1/30/18

The dress is a dream!!! Soft very comfortable material and also from the workmanship it is neat. The only small minus is the small sleeve, which is unfortunately too tight, but maybe it is also because of my more muscular upper arms. For me, it was the first purchase at Joannedress but I have already made the next order. Joannedress.co.uk convinced me not only by the mega prices but also by the quality and the delivery period. I will be safe to find more often on the page from now on.

rebeccar127
1/30/18

I absolutely had to share the positive experience my daughter had when ordering from JoanneDress. We ordered a dress for her on January 15th and received it on January 25rd! The dress was for a Sorority event; not for a wedding. We picked a dress that had to be custom fit to her, and it fits PERFECTLY! So happy we found this vendor online because a bridal shop would have been a six week turnaround, and we only had about three weeks. Definitely going to order from them again, but I do recommend that you pay the extra £22 for a custom fit.

Tip for consumers: my order #. 20180115248759

emilyb162
1/24/18

I asked for the dress to be delivered on the 13th of December. It was not - according to the parcel tracker, there was an attempted delivery on the 30th of December that "was refused" (absolutely not true!) They have not delivered my dress and are refusing to refund my money. They will not chase it up with the courier, and say that I need to follow it up with them, but the courier has said the parcel is back with them. I now have to open a fraud case with the bank. Their communication is incredibly unclear, and I have had to ask numerous times for them to clarify what their actual response is. They have, laughably, offered me 20% off my "next dress". This is infuriatingly poor service. Do not use!

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site.

jokuballn
1/17/18

Okay so this is an online website and even though its alittle scary let me tell you what i did. I went tried on dresses at a dress shop and got my measurements and tried finding one that fits me awesome. I went online to the shop to see if they had a similar one for cheaper. Turns out they did. The dress in the actual shop was close to 600. and this one i got for 200.00 plus shipping. AND! they custom fit it to my size. I got the shipment in about 2 1/2 weeks. And it still looks amazing. If you are on a budget this is defiantly the way to go. They are worldwide.

pathrosah
11/26/17

I had an amazing experience with Joannedres!!! They went out of their way to make sure that I received my order before moving to another city! The quality of the dress is perfect! Very high quality! The fit was also perfect...we followed the sizing chart and it was as right on!! Excellent company on all counts!! I would reccomend it to anyone!!

amirhomayounj
11/18/17

I posted this exact review in their website but they refused to put it online x-(

We ordered this dress a few days before the wedding. I paid extra for the express
delivery. The dress came about 5 days AFTER the wedding. You can imagine how awful it was for us to arrange for a wedding dress the night before the wedding. The worse part was that this horrible company even didn't recognise the trouble that they put us in. We asked for a custom tailored dress, but they should have informed us that they cannot meet the deadline. They even didn't send us an apology email. I had to write them THREE emails asking for tracking number. They just replied that it is posted, you will receive it and finally they gave me the tracking number.

The dress is fine. Nothing spectacular. It definitely doesn't worth £484.68. It might even not worth £199.36 either. It was not even in a box. You buy a t-shirt it comes in a nice box, properly wrapped. The dress came totally pressed and squeezed in a plastic envelop. I had the flag in my mind when I noticed ONLY five star feedbacks -- will they filter out non-desirable feedback?

My suggestions: (1) give plenty of time, (2) don't be fooled by sales' deadline (there is always some excuse for sale -- we bought this exact dress in the exact discounted price about a month ago), (3) there are plenty of similar companies out there, perhaps you would like to take your chance with another company.

Hopefully your wedding goes much smoother with less tension and stress than ours

oliryd
11/11/17

I ordered a made to fit dress and my experience was amazing. My dress was a rush order and it arrived 3days early. We had a lot of back and forth with the sizing and they were quick to respond and very throrough. I looked beautiful for my sons wedding.My dress fit perfect and I am extremely pleased with it, thank you joanne.

Well I don't seem to be getting anywhere with this company either! They seem to be able to refuse returns on the grounds that their dresses are made to order! What a rip off!

By Sally S.

Same here! I ordered my dress about a month ago, prom is in two days and I still haven't gotten it. And when my mom and I asked them when it would get here they just told us to be patient and that it was shipping soon..that was last week.

By Simone A.

It is impossible to get a refund from this company, after numerous emails going back and forth (from China) they would not address the issue. I was forced to go through Barclaycard and had to forward all my correspondence with the company to show I had done everything I could to get a refund. Barclaycard refunded me after 3 weeks. Great service Barclaycard

By Shirley W.

Don't be tempted to order from this company. If you are unhappy with anything, they will not accept returns, as the dresses are made to order.

By Sally S.

Questions? Get answers from the JoannesDress.co.uk staff and other customers.

14 Photos for JoannesDress.co.uk