Review of JCWhitney

Tel: 1.877.504.0193
privacy@jcwhitney.com

juano35
1/27/18

I was buy a part catalytic converter they gave me wrong one and they refuse to get it back they want me to pay the shipping i don't have to pay that because that they're problem give me a bad one, Bad place to buy parts bad bad bad bad

deweyb24
11/19/17

Ordered alternator in stock 2 hours away, online showed 2-5 days arrival. Phone rep said we should have in 2 days. That was 9am Monday. On Wednesday afternoon we were told it had not shipped. Now, Sunday we are hoping it arrives tomorrow. Pep boys said it would have been at store available for pickup next day. Will NEVER use JC Whitney again.

henryl71
7/27/17

These dumb ass so call Phillipino's suck. They lie on shippment dates not only once but twice. They send me the wrong item, agree they screwed up, promise me it will arrive on tuesday, saying I'll send it out today, day I called because the idiots sent me the wrong part. Then it says receiving it thursday on tracking, then to friday. They have no God for God does not like liars like they are. They are full of crap and one of the most worst services in the market. I will order from them no more and advise you to expect lies or the wrong part when ordering from them. The hell with these foreign countries and God Bless America and the heck with the phillipiens.

darrenk13
7/20/17

I bought a set of seat covers for my father's truck. I was trying to order a front row seat cover. However, during the ordering process on the mobile site, the site automatically continued from asking questions about the front row seats to the second row. The description in the order confirmation does not indicate which row you purchased. When the seat covers arrived, I found that the system had ordered the second row seat and not the front row I was trying to order. I contacted JC Whitney customer support and was told that they would not exchange the seat covers and that I would need to repurchase the front row at my expense. Beware! Buy items from somewhere else.

Tip for consumers: Buy somewhere else!

sharonc151
7/18/17

Watch out if you order auto parts. I received the wrong calipers of what I ordered. I ordered them 3 months ago and hadn't had the chance to get them put put on my car up until today 7/18. I know it's my fault that I didn't find this out sooner but was unable because of personal family issues. Now I'm unable to return them because it's been over 30 days so I lose out on $145 because they sent me the wrong part. You also have to pay for your returns.

joseg108
7/17/17

Tried to order seat covers. Called the customer service number, they outsource to India i spoke to rep for 35min i gave him the part number several times until he finally got it right, he put me on hold for some reason then he came back and said he was going to transfer me to a technician who can help me better. No one answered and the rep came back on line asked me when was a good time for the tech to call me back to further help me and process my order. He told me I would get a call back the next day. Im not waiting im going somewhere else. I've never had such a hard time ordering anything ever.

joeb315
5/29/17

One order and hundreds of spam messages. Can't unsubscribe, phoned them, no help.I'm going to have to change my email address because of these idiots.

matthewc84
1/4/17

Two orders two screw ups. On the first order I would have had to eat the loss of two items that never were received if Pay Pal hasn't absorbed the foul up. Both orders took weeks not days to get to me. Steer clear of this company. Whoever is in charge must either be nuts or stupid or deliberately running the company into the ground

michaelk170
7/7/16

Order an alternator from this company received an email saying they were out of stock reordered it received an email saying it was out of stock reorder it again received another email saying it was out of stock they were ordering it from the same company each time it's been out of stock for weeks now I have a hold on my credit card for several hundred dollars takes 5 days to get back never shop with those guys they don't know what they're doing!

stevej121
6/25/16

If you have ever ordered from here or are thinking of ordering omfg don't you will loose ur money and get the wrong parts no money back. Better buisness burrows need to be informed! They don't give a sh*t about u. the customer service representative don't understand English and the supervisors well they don't care or they don't have anyone. Don't bother ordering magazines they will never come. I've called multiple times and if u don't ask for reference number or customer ID number they blow off everything that I said and asked for in detail. all they say is say is that all? Like they really want to hang up ur not important. Wish the stock holders would recognize this serious problems here I remember haven no problems in the 1970s with no computers and no mess ups. Now the days of technical support it should be easier. Or are we going into a new era of customer service that doesn't care bout given their product or warranties the product or above all making sure u get what u ordered or if not making sure they correct it. JC isn't just one of many that don't care. We need old school back. The days of our elders and given respect.

kennethp21
6/11/16

They sent me wrong headlight. Wanted me to pay shipping for wrong part and pay shipping on correct part. Customer service sucked. Never again.

crah
6/7/16

customer service s'''u''k...s. they lie about wait time on phone......core return is very deceptive..use ebay or some other company...they have declined in quality of business i will never use them again...please believe there are better options out there

markb274
5/4/16

I purchased a dash mat for my 2004 Toyota that I was promised would be grey in color. When the part arrived, it was brown. After several days of complaining, i was told that I had to pay the return shipping. Customer service is non existant. Use other company to do your shopping and save the hassle. I am suing JC Whitney so just be careful

rexb18
4/19/16

I ordered nerf bars for my 2004 F150 on April 2, 2016. Still have not received them after talking to 3 different people at customer service. Now I'm starting to wonder what kind of company this is. Why is it so hard to fulfill an order? I'm still waiting but I will never order from them again if this is not resolved within the next few days! I was affirmed by several people that they would call me back with an answer. Never received a call back. For those of you out there DO NOT PLACE AN ORDER WITH JCWHITNEY!!!

keithw54
4/12/16

I ordered a Lloyd cargo mat that clearly states "custom fit", based on the specific vehicle. It even has a video in the product description that describes how it is custom made to fit your vehicle. What I received was just a square floor mat that didn't even fit. All I wanted to do was return it for a refund. Over the course of 4 calls over 7 days and a total of 3 hours on the phone with J.C. Whitney Customer Service, they simply wanted to argue about the product and somehow make this out to be my mistake. I sent them pictures of the mat I received and referenced the product description on THEIR website. It was clear that what I received was nothing like the product description, but they still fought the idea that I should get a refund. They would finally agree, acknowledge that the product was not what I ordered, and tell me they would send me an RMA. Of course, the RMA never came. When I called back, they would simply start the entire ordeal over again. This company is all about lying and stalling until you just give up. At some point, its just not worth the time anymore and all you can do is share the experience with others on the internet.

davids476
3/8/16

Ordered one strut, 14 says to ship, none days to receive. Only reason I ordered is Rock Auto was out.

terrys95
3/6/16

Ordered from this joke of a company. got partial order with no tracking info, Have talked to customer service some you can't even understand and order tracking on missing order still has not been received.after 22 days what a joke now there saying should be shipped in the next 10 days. Will never order from this company again, May be sending back for refund soon.

ifloydianf
2/7/16

The website is sloooooowwwwwwww! Vehicle selector wont load properly. Live chat doesn't work! I've tried to access on 2 different computers (Windows 10 w/Chrome browser and IOS 9 w/Safari browser) and the site's vehicle selector and the live chat just won't function!!!

deanf18
10/30/15

why do you suck the $#*! u send is not the $#*! i orded one helmet bag i took out of the box and straight into the trash can

chrisd136
10/24/15

They sell items on their website that show to be in stock, then they tell you that it's not in stock and tie up your money for days. ( if you get your $ back at all ). When you call customer service and deal with the robo voice it asks you for your order # before speaking with the 3rd world idiot that asks you for the order # again. (Dumb).
Then they don't actually help you at all.

kristena7
6/10/15

Unbelievable, I ordered two wheel bearings for a 2008 jeep liberty, I was sent wheel bearings for a 2007. Called to have them returned stating that it was there error. Company tried to make me pay for the return. Three weeks ago I returned the item and I'm still waiting for a refund. Called 6 times and they said it was on it way, then it was my banks fault, then the warehouse which was open and looking into it according to one service rep, and 10 minutes later according to another rep the warehouse wasn't open yet and said the items had been used and I would not get the refund. Used????? Wrong item how could it be used. Right cause I have my own shrink wrap machine to seal the items back up. Called them today said I have to talk to Rose, who's not in. Worst customer service ever, these people should all be fired. I will NEVER be buying anything else from them again.

waltk
6/1/15

JCWhitney has the worst customer service I have ever run into.
I was missing a 4 dollar spark plug from my order.
Instead of just replacing it. I went through three emails and two phone calls. They actually just about accused me of not checking the box good enough. The box was 6 inches by 6 inches. I would have to be blind not to see the sixth spark plug.
They seem to have a bunch of outsourced people in customer service that go through check lists instead of listening to the customer.
Have never seen such terrible customer service over a 4 dollar item............

brians131
4/16/15

"I placed an order with them on Apr. 4th and paid via PayPal same date. !0 days later they still had not contacted me bout shipping or a tracking number,so I contacted them. They assured me that It would be shipped by the 14th and sent a email stating that they expected my item to be shipped this date. Two days later and several phone and email inquireis with assurances that it would be shipped the same day and a promises that they would refund 10% back for my troubles, Still no tracking number or refund!!! they were all talk no action. I would be very weary about placing and order with them or beleave anything they tell you ALL LIES !!!!! "

thomasa37
3/16/15

I placed an order with JC whitney on 3/2 for a part that said on their web site it would take 8-9 days to ship. On 3/16/15 they still did not have accurate shipping information about the part. They could not tell me when the part would arrive. They gave me a tracking ID number and the company that they say is handling the shipment had no knowledge of the shipment. When I called to ge tmore information from JC whitney they could not give me any help at all. When I finally ask for a refund I was told it would take 4 to 7 days for my refund. I will never order another part from this company. I have spent more time than the part is worth on hold tracking this part.

Tip for consumers: Find another site there are plenty of auto part sites available

timw38
3/2/15

Ordered parts and paid with PayPal. They didn't use my shipping address (same as billing) but used previous address from PayPal. Called when I got email. Said it was shipped USPS. Was shipped and delivered to old (wrong) address by FedEx. Called Fedex and they said to call JC. Called and supervisor said there was nothing he could do. I explained Fedex would pick up and deliver to me if JC just called them and requested a call back. He refused. He told me just to go to the old house and get it. Yeah like I'm gonna drive and hour to a stranger's house to ask them to give me my package. Company is a joke. First and last order. Call center sounded like the scene from Boiler Room.

New parts... they manufacture nothing.. just a distributor, reseller of other people's goods. Returning the inferior goods you receive is definitely an issue as you can see by the numerous complaints. They are cheap because they sell the lowest quality parts on the market. Save yourself the experience and purchase elsewhere.

By Bob J.

Customer service is entirely based in the Philippines. There is nothing in this company except a shipping point, the old JCW warehouse. I believe much of what they sell is not a JCW warehouse item, but is simply an order to a supplier chain when you order from JCW. You are not getting anything from JCW warehouse that is stocked. Time to order to their supplier, cross-ship to JCW likely and boxes rebranded or reboxed in the USA and shipped to you, the end customer. Only thing they have in the USA is US auto parts corporate in CA and they will respond to no complaints regarding JCW. I will never buy from JCW or their other corporate sisters again.

By Bob J.

Questions? Get answers from the JCWhitney staff and other customers.

7 Photos for JCWhitney