Review of ISSUU

Tel: 160310175656
contact@issuu.com

jeanp139
11/22/18

i am a student and use this site as a reference, they charged me $420USD , that money consider my savings for my exam now how can i take exam i dont have money left... u ruin my life because of this,,,how can u be so heartless...dont dare check there website totally bogus

nicolag16
11/20/18

Feel tricked into signing up for a very expensive annual fee when I only wanted 3 months. Not clear on their website that this will happen and no warning. Now they are not responding to my emails. BEWARE!!

kiml261
11/13/18

They charged me a ridiculous amount of money ($420) and all the responses I get from them are the same (they can't give me a full refund because of the policy.) It would've been great if they sent me a warning email the day before the trial ended as most companies with subscriptions usually do. A lot of other companies also has grace period for a full refund but ISSUU doesn't care about that. I am willing to pay for the first month but now they are just ignoring me and not wanting to resolve the issue.

annam457
11/3/18

I can't believe they charge me for 420$ and don't communicate with me at all when I want to cancel because I won't use it. I'd be happy to pay and be charged for one month as a punishment for my stupidity, but such huge amount? Really? And no answers at all after many emails from my side? I work for NGOs and we will never use their services again. This is just super unfair and a pure robbery.

emmar116
10/23/18

I've been locked out of my account for over a week. No one ever picks up their the one phone number associated with Issuu's business and I can't seem to get an email back to fix my problem. HELP!

vanessat58
4/20/18

I have sent multiple emails and tried calling the company for multiple times as well but didn't get any response from the company. I'm having a billing issue and yet no one can respond to my email/ calls?

Response from Issuu I., ISSUU Representative
Hi Vanessa,

We're sorry you're having a negative experience with Issuu. We have an expansive global audience, but we do try our best to provide the quickest and most effective customer service possible. Someone from our team should be reaching out shortly.
frankn54
4/4/18
• Updated review

Dear Issuu, if you just decently follow up your emails you can find my records.

I send you 2 or 3 mails. Starting from February 18, thats 1,5 months ago. Your collegue reached out 4 days ago..... I replied the same day. Should I wait 1,5 months once more? :(

Response from Issuu I., ISSUU Representative
Hi Frank,

One of our Customer Success representatives has just reached out. Thanks for your patience.
“Frauds”
3/26/18
• Previous review

This is just the worst company I ever meet. Totally unnecessary subscription hidden in the small letters and they do NOT respond on any communication. Big frauds and strongly advice to everybody not to deal with issuu.

Response from Issuu I., ISSUU Representative
Hi Frank,

We're sorry you had a negative experience with Issuu. We would be happy to work with you personally to see why communication took so long in the first place, but we can't seem to find record of your correspondence with us. Please reach out to us at customersuccess@issuu.com.
kimd138
3/17/18

I was unaware of Auto Renewal. One year later a $420 charge appeared via email. I emailed back within the hour to refund the charge & don't renew (politely). Nope. we have a policy. It was in the fine print. (You know that scrolling conglomerate of ipso/facto crap you can't understand if you want to.) OMG! Bank reversed the charge & ISSUU produced the fine print to them. Bank told me they can't override that so I'm stuck with the $420 charge. This cannot seriously be allowed in business. I'm beyond frustrated!

Response from Issuu I., ISSUU Representative
Hi Kim,

We're extremely sorry you had this negative experience with Issuu. Someone on our team would like to help personally address your issue, so please reach out to us at customersuccess@issuu.com and we'll be in touch ASAP.
randyb99
2/28/18

A year ago we were charged for an entire year even though we hadn't used the services at all during the year. I asked for a credit based on the fact we didn't use the upgraded features and they said "no". I said okay fair enough, please cancel my subscription and given that you have zero latitude in your charging practices, I will NEVER come back to you. A year later, WE ARE GETTING CHARGED ALL OVER AGAIN. No one will call us back and the site won't let us cancel our subscription! Message just says "Cancelling in progress" or something to that effect. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE business practices. DON'T USE issuu!

Response from Issuu I., ISSUU Representative
Hi Randy,

We're sorry you had this negative experience with Issuu. We try to make it as clear as possible both during the signup process and in confirmation emails the amount and exact date you will be charged for the Premium plan. Our Customer Success team has reached out to you to resolve your issue, but if you could also email billing@issuu.com to let us know what we could do to make these messages clearer, we'd be happy to apply changes to our messaging.
irisr15
2/22/18

I was not experiencing any issues until I wrote a manuscript, which was subsequently published by an accredited publisher. Suddenly, I discover, after a telecom wherein a representative "advised" me to think about upgrading my basic plan, I discover that my manuscript was being sold without my consent at $14.15 per page. I was notified that I would no longer be able to use the basic service as of March 1, yet, this option has not been, nor will it be, removed from their options portal. They are discriminating against me because I uploaded documents with eschatological content, and, use the words "Jesus Christ." If these people think that I am going to suddenly renounce Him, perhaps they should march over to the nearest lab and have their brains reconstructed. They are unethical and cannot be trusted. Beware.

Response from Issuu I., ISSUU Representative
Hi Iris,

We’d be happy to help address your concerns and investigate the selling of your manuscript. After taking a look at your account, we don't see you as a selling publisher, so we'd like to learn more about the situation. Please reach out to us at customersuccess@issuu.com with more details.

Regarding the decision to make changes to our free Basic plan — it was entirely a business decision on our end and had nothing to do with anyone’s religious views. Issuu supports creators of all kinds and we’re sorry if you got the wrong impression of who we are.

Our decision to change our free services will only give us more opportunity to improve our product and ensure our customers’ long-term success.
lynnm145
1/22/18

the customer service so so so so so so so so bad!!! Ridiculous, terrible, horrible, should be shut down!!!

Response from Issuu I., ISSUU Representative
Hi Lynn,

We sincerely apologize for your negative experience with Issuu, especially because we pride ourselves in providing excellent service to our customers. If you could please reach out to us at customersuccess@issuu.com with more details on your experience and what went wrong, we would be happy to assist.
sandyp58
10/23/17

No one was able to resolve my issue.. I pay for this site, and was not able to upload my files. The customer service said, they couldn't find the solution and left it there. They DO NOT resolve their issues and are NOT responsible.. How come several representatives could not help me with my account? .. Fraud compnay..Closing my account.

Response from Issuu I., ISSUU Representative
Hi Sandy,

We're sorry you had this negative experience with Issuu. Could you please reach out to customersuccess@issuu.com and provide more details about your situation? Our team would like to get to the bottom of this. Thanks!
mattj64
9/12/17

I tried logging into this "site" with my Google account twice and it didn't go through because the external site login is broken. What a joke! What a scam! Stay away!

Response from Issuu I., ISSUU Representative
Hi Matt,

We're sorry you experienced technical difficulties logging into Issuu. That doesn't sound like the right experience, and we'd like to figure out what went wrong. If you're still having login issues, please reach out to us at customersuccess@issuu.com with more information about your experience and we'd love to assist.
peggyb59
8/24/17

This site is a COMPLETE SCAM. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE FREE TRIAL! You won't be able to cancel, and you won't be able to even talk to someone.
I hope to save anyone and everyone from losing their money on this website.

Response from Issuu I., ISSUU Representative
Hi Peggy,

We're sorry you had this negative experience with our free trial. We try to make it as clear as possible both during the signup process and in your signup confirmation emails that you will be charged at the end of your trial, on the exact expiration date listed. We also understand that the lack of phone support can seem frustrating, but with a global audience and a global team, email is the most effective way for us to provide the quickest service to you.

Please reach out to us at billing@issuu.com to let us know what we could do to make these messages clearer. If there's a better way to communicate our policy, we'd be happy to apply changes to our trial messaging.
lizw62
7/12/17

Please do not sign up and pay for anything. They do not delete your account and chrge you for a whole year up front. im out 420.00$ i feel like an idiot for using this site.

Response from Issuu I., ISSUU Representative
Hi Liz,

We're sorry you had this negative experience with our free trial. We try to make it as clear as possible both during the signup process and in your signup confirmation emails that you will be charged at the end of your trial, on the exact expiration date listed. Further, all customers have the option to select an annual plan or a month-to-month plan when signing up for the trial.

Please reach out to us at billing@issuu.com to let us know what we could do to make these messages clearer. If there's a better way to communicate our policy, we'd be happy to apply changes to our messaging.
tq7
3/24/17

Have noticed conflicting information about the ISSUU site. A "cottage" publisher (blogger) indicates on their page that their copyrighted "free" magazine that appears on ISSUU is available to visitors for FREE DOWNLOAD, without sign-in. However, when I tried to download the "free" magazine, the ISSUU system requires a log-in. Also, when visiting the ISSUE site from a vendor's link, the free magazine appears, but does not appear full screen. There appears to be lots of 'junk' advertising for issuu services crowding much of the page, without any immediately recognizable means of converting the magazine image to full screen. Who really wants to read a miniatures magazine in miniaturized format??? What irony! Anyway, trying to read the magazine on ISSUU doesn't quite seem worth the hassle.

glennf14
3/20/17

You have to enter your Credit Card to get the free trial, and there is no way to cancel it. Supposedly you can delete the account but it doesn't delete. Once they take your money they say as per terms and conditions there is no refund.

Tip for consumers: UPDATE - Issuu refunded my money when I pointed out that I had posted a bad review

shannonu1
1/23/17

Card is charged the very day you need to cancel. Be sure to get in there before they "close" which is not the end of the day. Will not refund any money... very expensive. Terrible, automated customer service. DO NOT USE.

gingero3
12/10/16

This company is absolutely horrible. If you sign up for the free trial, beware. To be safe cancel a few days ahead of time and be sure to get a confirmation in writing. Although I asked to cancel on the same day as I was set to renew, they would not refund my money and charged a FULL Year, which is hundreds of dollars. Any legit business doesn't have to do a bait and switch to get you to be their customer. If it was such a great product, they wouldn't have to steal peoples money. What a horrible way to run a business. Run away from this company, there are other ones that do the same thing and have better business practices.

amyf61
10/21/16

Website does not work half of the time. NO telephone support - you have to submit a question through their website support page. So what happens when you want to cancel and cannot get on to their site to change your billing/account info? Cannot get onto these items on their website.. really??? Shady company and very poor business deallings! I hope they make a lot of money on their unauthorized charges because they will go out of business dealing this way! DO NOT SUBSCRIBE!!!!!!!

ayyooshf
6/6/15

Where do I start!

Random code behaviour with shares and embeds. If you think things are stable in one instance dont be surprised if it stops in the second. If you update your publication dont be surprised if the embeds, shares stop behaving. No matter which way you try it simply wont work.

Added to this I send them a ticket for help - only an automated reply. Nothing in 3 days and counting!

I recorded a video just now to show the problems - then i stumbled on this thread... i wish i had saved myself the time and not bothered!

Cancelling the monthly subscription right now.

What can i say stay away ---

Tip for consumers: just use the direct link and dont bother with the stats or paid subscription and the link - they are useless. analytics dont give geography except for continents - you could do so much better with other services -

scottb95
5/27/15

Their product is okay, but even if it were amazing it wouldn't have been worth all of the headache I've endured with their billing department.

I've had considerable trouble with ISSUU's billing department. I had set my account to be closed last year and had received email confirmation of this fact. However, they continued to bill my credit card ever since. Even after writing them again and agin, they would not refund the money. So, I was forced to go to my bank and contest their charges. So very frustrating.

Tip for consumers: Two tips:
1) If possible, don't set up monthly payments with them using a credit or debit card.
2) Check your credit card bill after you cancel your account to make sure they have, in fact, stopped billing you.

francieh1
5/22/15

I love the idea of Issuu, but it just too unreliable, too unpredictable. Sometimes I can open a publication; sometimes I can't. When I click on "read", more often than not what comes up is just a blank screen. I'm very disappointed in it.

nenaw
1/23/15

We signed up for an account last summer and have not used it since, and I accidentally did not cancel it (my intern signed up for it). I run a very small non-profit so I asked if they could please refund my payments as this was an accidental charge and we did not use their service. Any normal company would provide a refund -- to their credit, they answered me many times, but insisted that they could not issue a refund. I rarely leave poor reviews of anyone anywhere, but I am very dissatisfied and feel take advantage of. Robbed even.

ah644
11/3/14

We have been paying customers of ISSUU for a number of years. ISSUU has a product that works quite well. It's great as long as you don't mind the fact that there is virtually no customer service and no communication between the business and its paying customers. There is NO phone customer service. The only contact is through email and a "normal" wait time to get a response is 72 hours. I recently asked a question and did not receive a response for seven days. Let's say there's a particular ISSUU service you have been using for quite some time. It's not uncommon to visit the ISSUU website and find that the service has gone away because the company simply decided to get rid of it. Without warning. Without any indication that the company was considering making a change.

Hi Jeanet. We do support a free plan. That is called our Basic plan. If you sign up for a trial of one of our PAID plans, there is a 14 day trial. But you will need to downgrade in order not to be charged prior to the 14th day. Do note, we do iterate in six different places when we would charge you for your paid subscription, including the exact date of the potential charge.

By Issuu I., ISSUU Representative

Hi Kim, I'm sorry if we haven't answered your question if you submitted a ticket to our queue. Happy to look into it if you can give us more detail including your user name. I can not find a recent ticket by searching just your first name and last initial.

By Issuu I., ISSUU Representative

There's no one to call. You have to email them. A response can take as long as a week. Yes, there is a charge. If you click on the publication to read it, you should see a "print" icon. Roll over it and you should see a dollar amount of whatever currency you are using. I've never tried it so I don't know what else is involved.

By A H.

It can take as long as 7 days to get a response from them. ISSUU is great as long as nothing goes wrong, and you have no questions about any of their services.

By A H.

Questions? Get answers from the ISSUU staff and other customers.

1 Photo for ISSUU