Review of ISSUU

Tel: 160310175656
contact@issuu.com

courtneyh117
3/15/19

I have That Girl At The Party, an online Lifestyle site of 10 years and decided to add a monthly edition. I was thrilled with the Issuu concept and all my brand partners loved it. The problem came after my second edition. I need to be able to embed the Issuu reader into my site to promote the existence of the monthly. The embed code has not worked for a month now so the old edition is still on the site!

And I have been asking for help for a month now. I filled out tickets that just whirl and never submit, I have called and no one answers. I have emailed the support and heard nothing back! For a flipping month! I am paying for this service and likely will not be able to use it unless this is fixed! But no one is getting back or doing anything. It is such a shame because it is a beautiful platform and allows us to self publish. But it has to work and they need to hire customer service for subscribers.

I want to stay with Issuu for ease of use and promotion. But I may have to seek another option because they do not bother with any customer service which is a shame. It creates great magazines but if anything goes wrong in uploads or embeds you are just out of luck. But I am going to have to report them to the authorities and/or commence a class action, if I do not hear back after this review. Because they are taking people's money and not providing proper service. I

Tip for consumers: I want to stay with Issuu for ease of use and promotion. But I may have to seek another option because they do not bother with any customer service which is a shame. It creates great magazines but if anything goes wrong in uploads or embeds you are just out of luck.

sheriel5
3/12/19

I had never heard of this company before I was $420.00 withdrawn from my banking account by this company. I hesitate to even call this a company it is actually one dirt bag named John who is the only person that your concerns are directed to and it is always a voice mail. It is March 12th he stole my money Feb. 27th my house payment is now late and my anger at this man/scammer/scumbag/POS whatever comes to mind he is it. Do not ever use this or recommend this scam of a business to anyone. John is living it up somewhere with all the money he has stolen. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE. BTW I am still waiting for your call his number is 631-392-8382, even funnier when the digital secretary says give us your name we will direct you to the correct person well now I just say send me to $#*! and guess what is is Johnny boy. I am not the kind of person who takes theft lightly so he will be hearing from me alot, but he does not have the guts to call me back how odd wouldn't you say

susang529
2/27/19

I have never posted a critical review before, but I want to warn people to avoid this site. I had a free trial which I thought I had cancelled, I contacted the company on the day the free trial expired but they have charged me an entire year of premium membership at $420US and refused a refund. Any potential benefit from the tool is vastly outweighed by their scamming practices

madeleineb18
2/22/19

This site deserves 0 stars. It is unbelievable! They tried to take $420 out of my account when it is so unclear. Absolutely hoodwinked and they make it impossible to cancel your account or receive any help in the slightest. I believe they have made their website purposefully IMPOSSIBLE to navigate so that they can carry on trying to take peoples money. Do not be fooled by them!

sijiet
1/11/19

rubbish website! rubbish website!rubbish website!rubbish website!rubbish website!rubbish website!rubbish website!rubbish website!rubbish website!rubbish website!rubbish website!rubbish website!rubbish website!rubbish website!rubbish website!rubbish website!

dominikak4
1/9/19

Dear Issuu,
I'm not satisfied with your politics. I'm really disappointed with your customer service and I regret creating an account at your website in the first place. I feel scammed and truly hope after reading other customer complaints that my story with you will finish soon.

As a student, I really don't have extra money for expenses like that. In this busy world no one is able to keep track of trials or other things we don't even use after creating an account. I feel tricked and it just looks like you're waiting for people like me to get money for nothing.

If you really want to change something for the better, maybe you should send notification email before the end of the free trial ?

It would be really nice from your part to send me my money back.
Thank you.

amyo58
12/31/18

Heads up to everyone on here: do NOT sign up for Issuu free trial. It is apparently impossible to cancel then they charge you $420 and will not respond to any emails. They will not refund and are impossible to get ahold of. I looked online and saw hundreds of others who had the same experience. I wish someone would've given me the heads up of this businesses shady practices so I am going around a few places and leaving reviews so more people have the potential of avoiding this company and their services at all costs.

jeanp139
11/22/18

i am a student and use this site as a reference, they charged me $420USD , that money consider my savings for my exam now how can i take exam i dont have money left... u ruin my life because of this,,,how can u be so heartless...dont dare check there website totally bogus

nicolag16
11/20/18

Feel tricked into signing up for a very expensive annual fee when I only wanted 3 months. Not clear on their website that this will happen and no warning. Now they are not responding to my emails. BEWARE!!

kiml261
11/13/18

They charged me a ridiculous amount of money ($420) and all the responses I get from them are the same (they can't give me a full refund because of the policy.) It would've been great if they sent me a warning email the day before the trial ended as most companies with subscriptions usually do. A lot of other companies also has grace period for a full refund but ISSUU doesn't care about that. I am willing to pay for the first month but now they are just ignoring me and not wanting to resolve the issue.

annam457
11/3/18

I can't believe they charge me for 420$ and don't communicate with me at all when I want to cancel because I won't use it. I'd be happy to pay and be charged for one month as a punishment for my stupidity, but such huge amount? Really? And no answers at all after many emails from my side? I work for NGOs and we will never use their services again. This is just super unfair and a pure robbery.

emmar116
10/23/18

I've been locked out of my account for over a week. No one ever picks up their the one phone number associated with Issuu's business and I can't seem to get an email back to fix my problem. HELP!

vanessat58
4/20/18

I have sent multiple emails and tried calling the company for multiple times as well but didn't get any response from the company. I'm having a billing issue and yet no one can respond to my email/ calls?

Response from Issuu I., ISSUU Representative
Hi Vanessa,

We're sorry you're having a negative experience with Issuu. We have an expansive global audience, but we do try our best to provide the quickest and most effective customer service possible. Someone from our team should be reaching out shortly.
frankn54
4/4/18
• Updated review

Dear Issuu, if you just decently follow up your emails you can find my records.

I send you 2 or 3 mails. Starting from February 18, thats 1,5 months ago. Your collegue reached out 4 days ago..... I replied the same day. Should I wait 1,5 months once more? :(

Response from Issuu I., ISSUU Representative
Hi Frank,

One of our Customer Success representatives has just reached out. Thanks for your patience.
“Frauds”
3/26/18
• Previous review

This is just the worst company I ever meet. Totally unnecessary subscription hidden in the small letters and they do NOT respond on any communication. Big frauds and strongly advice to everybody not to deal with issuu.

Response from Issuu I., ISSUU Representative
Hi Frank,

We're sorry you had a negative experience with Issuu. We would be happy to work with you personally to see why communication took so long in the first place, but we can't seem to find record of your correspondence with us. Please reach out to us at customersuccess@issuu.com.
kimd138
3/17/18

I was unaware of Auto Renewal. One year later a $420 charge appeared via email. I emailed back within the hour to refund the charge & don't renew (politely). Nope. we have a policy. It was in the fine print. (You know that scrolling conglomerate of ipso/facto crap you can't understand if you want to.) OMG! Bank reversed the charge & ISSUU produced the fine print to them. Bank told me they can't override that so I'm stuck with the $420 charge. This cannot seriously be allowed in business. I'm beyond frustrated!

Response from Issuu I., ISSUU Representative
Hi Kim,

We're extremely sorry you had this negative experience with Issuu. Someone on our team would like to help personally address your issue, so please reach out to us at customersuccess@issuu.com and we'll be in touch ASAP.
randyb99
2/28/18

A year ago we were charged for an entire year even though we hadn't used the services at all during the year. I asked for a credit based on the fact we didn't use the upgraded features and they said "no". I said okay fair enough, please cancel my subscription and given that you have zero latitude in your charging practices, I will NEVER come back to you. A year later, WE ARE GETTING CHARGED ALL OVER AGAIN. No one will call us back and the site won't let us cancel our subscription! Message just says "Cancelling in progress" or something to that effect. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE business practices. DON'T USE issuu!

Response from Issuu I., ISSUU Representative
Hi Randy,

We're sorry you had this negative experience with Issuu. We try to make it as clear as possible both during the signup process and in confirmation emails the amount and exact date you will be charged for the Premium plan. Our Customer Success team has reached out to you to resolve your issue, but if you could also email billing@issuu.com to let us know what we could do to make these messages clearer, we'd be happy to apply changes to our messaging.
irisr15
2/22/18

I was not experiencing any issues until I wrote a manuscript, which was subsequently published by an accredited publisher. Suddenly, I discover, after a telecom wherein a representative "advised" me to think about upgrading my basic plan, I discover that my manuscript was being sold without my consent at $14.15 per page. I was notified that I would no longer be able to use the basic service as of March 1, yet, this option has not been, nor will it be, removed from their options portal. They are discriminating against me because I uploaded documents with eschatological content, and, use the words "Jesus Christ." If these people think that I am going to suddenly renounce Him, perhaps they should march over to the nearest lab and have their brains reconstructed. They are unethical and cannot be trusted. Beware.

Response from Issuu I., ISSUU Representative
Hi Iris,

We’d be happy to help address your concerns and investigate the selling of your manuscript. After taking a look at your account, we don't see you as a selling publisher, so we'd like to learn more about the situation. Please reach out to us at customersuccess@issuu.com with more details.

Regarding the decision to make changes to our free Basic plan — it was entirely a business decision on our end and had nothing to do with anyone’s religious views. Issuu supports creators of all kinds and we’re sorry if you got the wrong impression of who we are.

Our decision to change our free services will only give us more opportunity to improve our product and ensure our customers’ long-term success.
lynnm145
1/22/18

the customer service so so so so so so so so bad!!! Ridiculous, terrible, horrible, should be shut down!!!

Response from Issuu I., ISSUU Representative
Hi Lynn,

We sincerely apologize for your negative experience with Issuu, especially because we pride ourselves in providing excellent service to our customers. If you could please reach out to us at customersuccess@issuu.com with more details on your experience and what went wrong, we would be happy to assist.
sandyp58
10/23/17

No one was able to resolve my issue.. I pay for this site, and was not able to upload my files. The customer service said, they couldn't find the solution and left it there. They DO NOT resolve their issues and are NOT responsible.. How come several representatives could not help me with my account? .. Fraud compnay..Closing my account.

Response from Issuu I., ISSUU Representative
Hi Sandy,

We're sorry you had this negative experience with Issuu. Could you please reach out to customersuccess@issuu.com and provide more details about your situation? Our team would like to get to the bottom of this. Thanks!
mattj64
9/12/17

I tried logging into this "site" with my Google account twice and it didn't go through because the external site login is broken. What a joke! What a scam! Stay away!

Response from Issuu I., ISSUU Representative
Hi Matt,

We're sorry you experienced technical difficulties logging into Issuu. That doesn't sound like the right experience, and we'd like to figure out what went wrong. If you're still having login issues, please reach out to us at customersuccess@issuu.com with more information about your experience and we'd love to assist.
peggyb59
8/24/17

This site is a COMPLETE SCAM. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE FREE TRIAL! You won't be able to cancel, and you won't be able to even talk to someone.
I hope to save anyone and everyone from losing their money on this website.

Response from Issuu I., ISSUU Representative
Hi Peggy,

We're sorry you had this negative experience with our free trial. We try to make it as clear as possible both during the signup process and in your signup confirmation emails that you will be charged at the end of your trial, on the exact expiration date listed. We also understand that the lack of phone support can seem frustrating, but with a global audience and a global team, email is the most effective way for us to provide the quickest service to you.

Please reach out to us at billing@issuu.com to let us know what we could do to make these messages clearer. If there's a better way to communicate our policy, we'd be happy to apply changes to our trial messaging.
lizw62
7/12/17

Please do not sign up and pay for anything. They do not delete your account and chrge you for a whole year up front. im out 420.00$ i feel like an idiot for using this site.

Response from Issuu I., ISSUU Representative
Hi Liz,

We're sorry you had this negative experience with our free trial. We try to make it as clear as possible both during the signup process and in your signup confirmation emails that you will be charged at the end of your trial, on the exact expiration date listed. Further, all customers have the option to select an annual plan or a month-to-month plan when signing up for the trial.

Please reach out to us at billing@issuu.com to let us know what we could do to make these messages clearer. If there's a better way to communicate our policy, we'd be happy to apply changes to our messaging.
tq7
3/24/17

Have noticed conflicting information about the ISSUU site. A "cottage" publisher (blogger) indicates on their page that their copyrighted "free" magazine that appears on ISSUU is available to visitors for FREE DOWNLOAD, without sign-in. However, when I tried to download the "free" magazine, the ISSUU system requires a log-in. Also, when visiting the ISSUE site from a vendor's link, the free magazine appears, but does not appear full screen. There appears to be lots of 'junk' advertising for issuu services crowding much of the page, without any immediately recognizable means of converting the magazine image to full screen. Who really wants to read a miniatures magazine in miniaturized format??? What irony! Anyway, trying to read the magazine on ISSUU doesn't quite seem worth the hassle.

glennf14
3/20/17

You have to enter your Credit Card to get the free trial, and there is no way to cancel it. Supposedly you can delete the account but it doesn't delete. Once they take your money they say as per terms and conditions there is no refund.

Tip for consumers: UPDATE - Issuu refunded my money when I pointed out that I had posted a bad review

shannonu1
1/23/17

Card is charged the very day you need to cancel. Be sure to get in there before they "close" which is not the end of the day. Will not refund any money... very expensive. Terrible, automated customer service. DO NOT USE.

Hi Jeanet. We do support a free plan. That is called our Basic plan. If you sign up for a trial of one of our PAID plans, there is a 14 day trial. But you will need to downgrade in order not to be charged prior to the 14th day. Do note, we do iterate in six different places when we would charge you for your paid subscription, including the exact date of the potential charge.

By Issuu I., ISSUU Representative

Hi Kim, I'm sorry if we haven't answered your question if you submitted a ticket to our queue. Happy to look into it if you can give us more detail including your user name. I can not find a recent ticket by searching just your first name and last initial.

By Issuu I., ISSUU Representative

There's no one to call. You have to email them. A response can take as long as a week. Yes, there is a charge. If you click on the publication to read it, you should see a "print" icon. Roll over it and you should see a dollar amount of whatever currency you are using. I've never tried it so I don't know what else is involved.

By A H.

It can take as long as 7 days to get a response from them. ISSUU is great as long as nothing goes wrong, and you have no questions about any of their services.

By A H.

Questions? Get answers from the ISSUU staff and other customers.

1 Photo for ISSUU