Review of IRS.gov

Tel: +1-800-366-4484
phishing@irs.gov

deborahf126
6/6/19

Today I spoke to an IRS agent. Unfortunately I had to wait over an hour to reach someone. However the agent I spoke with was truly wonderful. Her name is Mrs Hollingsworth. I called from Washington state and had questions regarding my sons account. Long story short my son and I were eventually on the line. This employee was working past her shift to help us. She was professional but at the same time had a good sense of humor. She provided us with the necessary information to get my sons account up to date. She truly is a gem and the IRS is lucky to have her as an employee.

rebeccap237
6/3/19

Mr. Zanbino is an agent with the IRS. He took my phone call concerning a large penalty payment due for my company based on a tardy filing by my accountant. After getting all the information, he agreed to give me a first abatement and removed the penalties. It was not just this wonderful news, it was his caring spirit and words of encouragement for a tough time I was going through. He was amazing.
Well done! And thank you so much!
Rebecca F. Pittman
Colorado

eduardop31
4/24/19

I have been trying to register and is say the information does not match. Its been blocking my account for 2 days now. I did it on the cell phone same info it accepted, but was not able to finish and now same thing and do not know why.

shondah8
4/5/19

Filing my taxes this year has been horrible. I worked last year and no taxes were getting taken of my check. I complained to my job 3 times. They reviewed and couldn't figure out why. I filled out my tax paperwork correctly so my boss didn't understand why my taxes weren't being taken out of my check. Came to find out I wasn't the only one. Also other people I talked that worked for other companies had the same problem. IRS do your job. I'm sure you all get paid enough too. It's not fair that I have to do my job and the irs job too (making sure taxes are taken out of my check). That is your job not mine! That resulted in you all taking about all my income tax this year. Which has been delayed because my taxes were under review and I have to wait an extra 9 weeks to get my taxes. It taxes forever to get your incomes taxes. But it takes no time for you all to rip us off. Y'all are sad! Do better.

jasong262
3/12/19

The IRS is absolutely horrible for a normal tax return it takes 4 weeks but if you file an injured spouse it takes 14 weeks?!?!?! Makes no sence at all, i filed injured spose because of hard times an spouse not having a job but your gonna make me wait triple the time!!!MORONS!!!! Its a simple form for them to review but yet they act like there trying to find a cure for a disease. They can take my money from my check every week but yet i need to wait MONTHS! For my money!!!
IRS needs to figure there Sh*t out cause it appears the place is ran by unqualified people.

ronniew47
1/31/19

This site is the most ridiculous and inaccessible sure I've ever visited everyone doesn't have debt for you to check identity I.e. (Credit card, auto loan, mortgage loan, student loans, etc). Extremely displeased. Then when I call IRS they say due to call volume and what you are calling about you can't be helped at this time and hung up in my ear. I bet if I don't pay they will be quick to send me a letter in the $#*!ing mail though. This is ridiculous

jenm125
1/30/19

I find IRS website to be most reliable for all tax law changes and other updates related to my practice. Although i do get email alerts from various sites such as accounting today, etc but I make it a point to cross verify the same with the IRS website.

alanh72
10/28/18

If you are trying to locate past year forms good luck. May times the document just cannot be located. This wasn't always the case the older site always had past year documents at the ready.

jerryw103
1/6/18

Recent change in website design helps navigate easily. Phone wait time is also less now.
Overall I think IRS Is heading in right direction.

darrellc20
4/7/14

JUST OUT TO GET EVERYONE NO MATTER IF THEY THE 1 THAT MAKES A $237,000 MISTAKE INSTEAD OF THE ACTUAL $667.00 MISTAKE

jamesl18
8/23/11

Well folks, when the news media hears about the UNAUTHORIZED Inadvertent Disclosure of Taxpayer Information that has been going on since Oct 2006, yep 2006 via the IVES (Income Verification Express System) of not hundreds, not thousands, but MILLIONS of taxpayer information disclosed to the WRONG UNAUTHORIZED party, then you know what is going to hit the fan.

ANYONE, can become an IVES participant through the IRS AND get taxpayer information on anyone they want. There IS NO verification process to become an IVES user and I KNOW that ALL the IVES users are scared to death about this becoming pubic.

Because, if it ever hits the news, the mortgage industry and credit agencies will be brought to a SCREECHING halt.

Freedom of Speach! It is our ONLY hope in this screwed up county.

3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the IRS.gov staff and other customers.

IRS.gov?