Review of ipsy

Tel: 888-769-4526
support@ipsy.com

shannonb103
12/12/17

I have been trying to cancel this subscription because two months in a row my bag got "lost". They said they were going to send a replacement and that got "lost" in the mail too. They will not refund the money at all. TERRIBLE don't do it.

diam101
12/10/17

Always used to get so excited when an ipsy bag would arrive! It was a really nice surprise when I would get one.. but i had to cancel because it was too expensive.. I could afford it - but I just couldnt justify what I was spending for what I was getting.

sherryo12
12/7/17

Please, no one waste their time or money on this hack service. It really sounds like a neat idea ... except it's a scam. I joined Ipsy 3 years ago but only recently signed up for the Glam Bag subscription. Mistake! I received my supposed shipping label for my November glam bag for tracking purposes, but it either never shipped or was lost, because the shipping information never updated and Ipsy couldn't explain what had happened to it. But instead of solving my problem, their customer service chastised me for sending more than one response while trying to solve THEIR problem! So now I'm out the November bag, just in time for the December one to ship. Also, word to those disgruntled as I: It will take about 7 steps to cancel your subscription, and even then you're not cancelled till you accept their automated email. Such a disappointment, as I heard many good things ... guess you really can't believe everything you hear.

jasminm6
10/25/17

Ipsy send me an email, responding to my letter asking them about their position on cosmetic animal testing and cruelty free products, saying that some of their products are not cruelty free.

In conclusion Ipsy supports animal cruelty for cosmetic use.

donaldk46
10/21/17

My girls looked forward to their Ipsy boxes every month. Made for a great Xmas/BD present. Until my Credit card changed. Ipsy does NOT accept customer service calls. Couldn't remember login and just wanted to update my CC info. Don't think it is wise to deal with a company that cares so little that you can't even talk to a person.

melissat79
10/14/17

I order my first bag this month, and Im extremely annoyed about the outcome. Before I received my bag, I took the time and marked the products that I like and the products I dont like. Before my bag arrived I received a notification from the Ipsy app with the products I was going to received. I was supposed to get a sample of urban decay eyeliner, a blush, eyeshadow, and a makeup forever foundation sample. I clearly marked that I didnt want eyeliners especially black, they didnt bother to take this into consideration and sent one anyways. The eyeshadow was ok but it was Dollar store quality from a brand I never heard of in my life. The foundation sample I was supposed to received was missing, but what pissed me off the most was the blush I received. I clearly marked that I dont like pink blush, and of course I received a pink blush. The quality of this blush pushed of the edge, it was chalky and it looked horrible on, it did not blend at all. This blush looked like fake makeup you give to little kids to play with. I immediately cancel my subscription after this and started to look elsewhere. At the end of the day I pay $10 for a hideous makeup bag and little bags of powder cleanser. Ipsy is not worth it. Save you money and go elsewhere or just go to sephora and ask for samples. This subscription is overpriced and its disrespectful that they will send items that you told them you didnt want.

kandyser
9/7/17

I skipped my September glam bag because I was short on money, I got the email confirming I had cancelled it, but I still got billed. Complete BS.

tapplew
9/2/17

Im just getting into makeup and I wanted something that would introduce me to good and high end makeup. I got my first bag In August and I was disappointed. Even my mom said you can take 10 dollars and buy what you acutely want in walmart lol.

Supposedly after leaving reviews they will then be able to personalize my bag for this month. I received a curl cream for my hair, but I don't wear my hair out so thats not something I consider useful. A bottle of nail polish thats vegan but I have tons of nail polish already. Eye shadow that was too dark and blended into my skin. Mascara that wasn't too bad. Over all my favorite was the Mascara because of the brush. Nothing to spectacular.

I took an assessment test for them to match my products but that seemed to be a waste of time if they don't pay attention to it.

Ill see what happens this month, if Im still not wowed Ill be canceling my membership.

louisec84
9/2/17

Ipsy please stop charging my credit card and not sending me products there's a word for that also I sent you a email 5 days ago you sent me back an email that someone from customer service will be in touch with me within 24 hours that didn't happen either

kathleenl49
8/26/17

I joined in July and got that bag late with samples that I could get for free at Sephora. Now my August bag is missing in action. I have emailed Ispy's customer service and they assured me I would get my bag any day. A week later they said I would get it that day or the next. Nope, still no bag. I emailed again and they are going to ship another bag out in 5 to 10 days but I need to be aware that they run out of most items so they would have to put something together. What a waste of time and money.

elizabethc207
8/22/17

I cancelled my subscription because 1, i didnt recieve my glam bag, 2nd, i saw what was in the August bag and the products didnt look like they would stand up to any other subscription that i would have an opportunity for. Also, i dont like how they choose to make you think that they are a priority when they charge you for their ugly bags. I would rather put ny 10 bucks in something els. If ipsy still charges me next month i will report the company to my bank as fraud.

py74
8/19/17

I've been an IPSY customer for about 2 years now, but I'm considering canceling. The products are nice enough, and good quality, but in each bag, there are usually only 2-3 products I can use; I try to give away the rest, but even my 19-year-old daughter won't wear the colors and finishes they send. They send colors and products I have specifically stated I didn't want in my profile, and most of the make-up shades are shimmery, dark colored, and/or gold, which just doesn't work for me. And who can really use a different blush or bronzer every month?

katherint
8/18/17

I could live on the site forever! Very easy to use! Love most of the products they pick! They reimburat you if a product gets damaged they reply quickly if theres any questions or complaints

juless38
8/17/17

Horrible customer support service horrible customer support service very bad don't buy the "glam bags"

whitneyp15
8/4/17

My subscription started in July..... by July 11, 2017 it said that My bag was shipped and now it is August 4 and they want to tell me my card declined for my bag for August. Well duh!!!! I'm not paying for another bag until I get the first one.

amym203
8/1/17

I got one bag in the mail. I paid for the next two months and still haven't received July's. I got a message from their team saying that my shipping updated, but it didn't. Why lie when I can check? Canceled my account and am going to Birchbox or Sephora. Ipsy needs to fix their shipping issues and offer refunds!!!!

angelaj61
8/1/17

I just got charged AGAIN for this service, and I never received the first package they were supposed to send me! I am trying to cancel! Don't subscribe! SCAM!

househ
7/20/17

I have been an ipsy subscriber for over a year now. Everything has went smoothly! I love most of the items, I love the bags! The value is amazing! I had an issue last month where my pink envelope showed up empty!! I don't know if it was shipped empty or, stolen on the way. I immediately contacted their customer service via email and they responded very quickly! They apologized and sent out another bag almost the next day! I am so thankful and grateful for the great customer service! This is one of the reasons why I continue to sub from them!

billyd28
7/19/17

So, as a single dad I signed my 14 year old daughter up for Ipsy, BirchBox and Sephora. As a brander and marketer I tend to critique a little harder so please take this review for what it is worth.

First, I do not like the Ipsy approach to Ïf you can get a membership you are elite. This is a horrible marketing strategy when the competition (BirchBox and Sephora) allow you in directly. It screams that we are too busy and can only handle so many. That would be fine... EXCEPT...... if she share with her Facebook friends she can get in faster, Let me understand this...... If I promote your brand for FREE you'll cut me some slack and advance me, yet I still may or may not get in. This leaves me questioning if Ipsy really wants teen daughters (mine) business over the long haul or not. This approach may work on teen girls, but I am insulted because it says promote use free and we'll put you on our consideration list.

Now to be fair the products are not bad, but the arrival packaging of a bubble wrap envelope compared to a box from Sephora Play or BirchBox is drastically different in nature. If you don't know the difference you'd be fine, but if you compare you'd say it scream we are too cheap to give you the quality package our competitors give you. Again, not bad, just brand perception (something I deal with every day in my business).

I cancelled and I wanted my daughter to make a monthly subscription decision, that I'd pay for, and without my persuasion or personal business thoughts. At the end of the day she chose Sephora based upon product sizes, quality, packaging and the fact of local Sephora stores.

We hope our review is helpful. On a personal not, I would love to see Ipsy grow and become a better brand and even fire their current marketing team and get a new strategy so that they build life long loyal customers. The business model needs tons of work. Don't believe me? Compare the $$$$ numbers of all three companies and see who is doing it right.

heyh2
7/15/17

I loved this! Once my bag was a few days late but other than that its been a very good year for me. i love these products and it is a wonderful idea. it is great for people who still want to explore makeup and waste a lot of money by buying a product that you may not use quite as much or is wrong for you. Love it!

jeanc100
7/15/17

I just received my ipsy.com bag and I love everything thing I got. As I was looking over my gifts there is nothing I won't use.

marceys1
7/13/17

I have been a customer for over a year and i love all the products i get every month. Never unsatisfied. I always recommend to family and friends great way to sample products before buying.

marilynm58
7/13/17

I read reviews seen youtubers and they all had something negative to say I thought o would get lotions and shampoos no make up but all I got was glam products that I liked trying and my shade was on point I'm sorry for the people who are dissatisfied with yours but as long as mine stays on the make up I'll love it great job ipsy! Loved my bag far as products go the liquid lipstick was streaky but beautiful color the liner was wonderful except the color it could have been darker the lip balm was not for me the tart bronzer I loved no complaints there and the brush was wonderful it worked great so soft and firm just how I like them thank you so much can't wait to see next months bag. Marilyn Mercado find me on Instagram and face book I will be sharing this

vanessaj24
7/12/17

Loved ipsy at first, but there sending products I can't use, I've asked for more reddish lipstick, different eyeshadow, all I'm getting is Gold, more gold, and more gold. Ready to Cancel. Lol bags r cute

sassys2
7/7/17

I have nothing to complain about. I've gotten some things I love and some other stuff that's . No matter, the colors are always suited to my tone and it's a gamble. That's the point, and to try new stuff is also the idea. No matter what, it's worth the $10 and it's a fun and unique surprise every month. I have enjoyed my ipsy exsperience. As for people voicing concerns about customer service? I've only been subscribed for 5 months. Nothing has been broken and I receive it at the same time monthly. You can go online and see what you're getting or wait for the surprise. I honestly haven't tried to contact then, as I haven't had any reason. Anyway, I think it's a great company, service, and well worth $10. Good luck

I find that many months will have full sized products, which add up to at least $35-50 worth. I live in the US and it's $10/month including shipping. This also includes 5 products and a cute bag. Before receiving any samples, you'll take a quiz on your makeup style. With taking the quiz, you'll get makeup that you'll likely use and have the option of reviewing each product each month to see if you want to continue the same makeup in the future. I hope this helps Cayenne! :)

By Courtney M.

Rosi, I have been a subscriber for several months. They send samples of many different brands but not Lime Crime. Here are some of the brands: City Color, trestique, NYX, Luxie brushes, Pacifica, star looks, Bella Pierre, Dermelect, be a bombshell, dls, hey honey, Marc Anthony, Eva nyc, MOR hand creme, Clarks botanicals, Avance, epice, belif creme, REN creme, and peek, and Trust Fund. During the ten months I have been a subscriber, I have only received a handful of high end makeup samples: the Balm, tarte, and smashbox. Some people love ipsy, but my experience has shown me that a lot of times they send me products that I don't like or ones that don't match my "beauty profile". So I will probably cancel soon. The products are not counterfeit, though. If I were you, I would not subscribe to ipsy. Hope that helps! -Heather

By Heather A.

If you call them on it and object, the waitlist magically disappears .

By Lisa C.

I do think they pay attention to the different profiles, my daughter and I are different and we are getting the things we each like. I think I it's very worth it I love it,

By Laura M.

To cancel your subscription, please log in to ipsy.com and click on your profile picture in the upper right corner, then go to the "Subscriptions & Purchases" section to find the cancel button. Youll receive a confirmation via email, so just make sure you're still logged into your account when you open that email and click the link inside to finalize your cancellation. If you have any trouble at all, just email support@ipsy.com and we'd be happy to assist!

By Kaila B. [ipsy Rep]

Hi Lorenia! Good news-- it looks like you were already upgraded from the Waitlist, and are all set to receive your December Glam Bag. It's already being prepped for shipment. We hope you love it! Ashley, Please don't cancel in hopes of getting bumped up! We organize the Waitlist by the date you subscribed, not by cancellation requests. However, if you ever have a friend or family member who wants to secure their spot, they can contact ipsyCare at support@ipsy.com.

By Kaila B. [ipsy Rep]

You won't get the bag for the month you subscribe (July) - your first bag should be the August bag. Eventually, they start charging on the first, I think. The date the bags come isn't set. My first came about the 11th of September. Some people get their bags far later in the month - especially if they requested a specific sample.

By Jennifer R.

If you subscribed in March, you will not get the March bag. Your first bag would be the April bag. You don't get the bag of the month you subscribe in.

Good Luck. Not gonna happen. Disgusting

By Ann U.

I think it might take a couple days for the review option to show up? I got my bag a couple days before it let me review (but my bag got to me a little earlier than they said it would, too.) Have you tried going to the email they sent showing you what was in the glam bag? There might be a way to leave a review from there.

By Jennifer R.
Questions? Get answers from the ipsy staff and other customers.

3 Photos for ipsy