Review of ipsy

support@ipsy.com

jessej90
1/18/20
Ipsy glam bag!! January 2020 https://youtu.be/6nXjCuNcfvM
I love Ipsy I hope they start bringing back better products
andread216
1/11/20
Ordered on the 12 th Dec. I decided to cancel my subscription after the items for the first bag was selectedsince only one of the 5 items matched the info I put for my preferences. Paid for the first bag and got two separate tracking numbers. The first bag for lost according to customer service. They shipped another bag but the tracking number does not work. Still waiting!
gwynng
12/19/19
Ipsy used to be my favorite makeup sub box. Now, they are throwing in unknown brands and including items like cheap children's lip balm and so called $200 items that have genetic ingredients compared to their real brand name counterpart. I guess it's legal for a company to knock off their own brand, but then they really shouldn't be pricing it the same as the original product!! Plus, they are not upfront about these knocked off products, you have to do the research yourself. Also, they are including items such as an unknown brand of menstrual moisturizer...not for everyone! If you like repeats of Huda palettes and unknown brands, you might like paying $25 - $50 a month for this, otherwise try another sub box!
trishb56
12/17/19
So for those having trouble with cancellation go to membership page and at the bottom in VERY small letters is cancel. you have to keep going for the small words. It will ask you for 2 reasons but the large icon is to keep membership. go under that and cancel. they will send you an email. then go into email and push cancel again.

Now my package was super late, holiday season so ok i get it. Then the brush was nice, highlighter ok, the Tarte was way smaller than I thought it would be, and I dont like the lotion. And sadly my bags zipper isnt working :/
I honestly get more free when I buy from Ulta. I just got way more for a purchase of 20.00 than this hassle, and the products are way bigger.
For my birthday Ulta and Safora gave me a Tarte tha was at least twice this size.
I just dont think its worth the money. Im gonna always go buy make up from the other stores, might as well just get what I want and get their free gifts, that arent broken.
mariem378
12/16/19
trying to cancel my membership and you cant it won't let you and there is no number to call! and I have went online 5 times with two different computers
christinem560
12/11/19
I am getting very very frustrated. I am trying to cancel my membership and the instructions they provide to you are not there. Please help me in this. I will never recommend this company again to anyone. There is no phone number to call anyone. I just want to cancel my membership NOW!!!!
sarap195
12/9/19
My first bag arrived two to three days after shipping confirmation, that was October. My November bag was "delayed in transit" in Massachusetts, figured an honest mistake. Then it never came. They re-sent the items, except my add ons weren't available, fine. It took me weeks of emailing to get a nonautomated response, by the way. Yet here we are 2.5 weeks after they said they shipped it and I get the SAME email from "dhl" that its delayed in transit in the SAME town in Massachusetts. Went to the real DHL site and entered the tracking number, it registers as invalid. They will impress you with the first shipment then screw you over without a care. Asked for a refund multiple times now, going to berate them with emails until they get a human who speaks English to read my emails and respond. I say that only because their shipping information says the packages originate in North Carolina, they don't. DHL is an international shipping company, so originating in NC means that's where the packages are flown into .
saran97
12/9/19
I have been trying to cancel my membership for some time now. I have gotten absolutely no where with this company. sure they describe "How to Cancel Membership", but it does not work. All you end up doing is going in circles. Nothing but spinning your wheels. When I have written to them, I have been completely ignored!!! I have heard nothing back from them regarding my complaint about not being able to cancel my membership, but they are all over sending me emails telling me that they have shipped another bag which I do not want!!! I have had it and that is why I am hear trying to save others from this stupid waste of time, and all the aggravation!!! Do not order this stuff. The samples are small, and totally not worth what they charge!!!
lynnr196
12/9/19
I moved in September 2019. I been trying to change my address with them and can't seem to get that done. I received my September bag but none since. I have now paid for October, November and December bags and not received any of them. I've now tried to cancel and that is a nightmare! STAY AWAY! OH plus they went up on my price in July without any notification from $10 to $13.95. Not worth that!
jenl133
12/4/19
taking forever to reply. it only took me minutes to ask for a cancellation order, but they charged me right away in about less than a minute but they respond will take them almost half a day or maybe more. How can you ask for cancellation if they wont have a time to explain why the add ons went thru which i didn't intentionally want to purchase it! Yes! Im cancelling my membership! That's it! bad COSTUMER SERVICE! gave me a hard time, they didn't have any direct contact number!
mimozat
12/2/19
Why are you not allowing your customers to cancel their membership??????????????? Before I used to come back to IPSY because its not expensive but what do you get for the price??? There are so many more better seasonal subscriptions in which you get such a good quality products, not samples that you'll never use!! Very greedy and unprofessional!
terrie56
11/15/19
OCT I received a glam bag and a glam bag plus. November I paid for both again but didn't get my Glam bag. I did get the glam bag plus. The tracking number are the same but the bag I got says it a a Glam bag plus. I really like what I got. It is really hard to get ahold of them. I called twice bug got a recording of the phone is not working. What's up with this. Paid for two bags and only got one. Very unhappy. If I don't get a response I am canceling my order.
angelb152
11/15/19
In my ipsy bag I have received a very dark bronzer, and a all over highlighter and the rest lotions!?! That is not what I have filled out on my personal ipsy! In fact the opposite! It's like I was given the rest of the $#*! no one wanted! I have just started ordering back from ipsy and I'm starting to think it's a huge mistake! Ipsy raised the price and now gives out crap I can't use! Sucks I need this fixed!
valerier34
11/11/19
Update: I found an email *****@IPSY.com address and got an automatic reply that they'll get back to me in 24 hours. I hope this email address works, if it does I'll give another update. I've been a loyal Ipsy Glam Bag customer for years and have loved most of their products. However, I recently realized that I have a whole box full of Ipsy stuff I haven't used yet, so I cancelled my subscription. After a couple of months, I decided to reactivate my account and I cannot sign up for the $12 Glam Bag anymore. Their options are the new Glam Bag Plus for $25/month and another one that's even more expensive. I (stupidly) signed up for the Glam Bag Plus, which I really didn't want, thinking that would open the way for me to switch back to the Glam Bag. Nope. Didn't happen. I'm now stuck in the Glam Bag Plus membership and there is NO WAY to opt out or cancel your membership. The have FAQs and you can supposedly email Ipsy but there's no email address that's valid and the phone number I found online for them is out of service *******526). I have no possible way to cancel or even suspend my account, and there's no way to contact a customer service representative. I don't want the upcoming Glam Bag Plus but it looks like I'm not going to have a choice. At this point I don't want Ipsy at all!! WTF happened to them?
fabiolag5
11/9/19
Again, based on 'your account we flagged as fraudulent' they keep CANCELLING my orders. Sent countless emails and no answer. Completely disappointed. One year ago they were THE BEST subscription.
Now, you better run
alexist52
11/7/19
cancelation takes over 6 steps including a verification email (which goes to your junk email folder). Very, very very unethical. I will not be using ipsy again even though I liked their products
dc519
11/5/19
I have attempted to reach them and they don't answer. I purchase this for my granddaughter for Christmas last year and they don't answer the phone. You cant reach anyone. They will not let me cancel. I filed a complaint with the BBB in California. I suggest you find another HONEST makeup company to contact. This one is horrid. They are a rip off.
heatherr247
11/4/19
Ipsy has shown up every month except October 2019. Was a message saying it could be due to Cali wild fires? I live in Dallas Texas?? I cancelled until I get it ... if I ever get it.
cynthiat270
11/1/19
Like so many others I Cancel my subscription and was still getting charge as of this morning ( Nov 1, 2019 ).... there's No to really contact them through Phone, nor email
I would not recommend them to friends or family...one way or another I'm going to get refunded through my bank or my local News station - Shameful
debral174
10/23/19
I have been getting the Ipsy Glam Bag every month since Nov. 2017. A few months ago I also started getting the Glam Bag Plus. Starting this month (Oct. 2019) it is IMPOSSIBLE to reach them when I have an issue, which lately is every month... my most recent issue is that 7 of my 10 reviews of my Oct products disappeared as soon as I wrote them then submitted them to Ipsy. The whole point of these sub boxes/bags is to try new products (from high end to low end) AND THEN REVIEW THEM. They're also supposed to be using those reviews to help taylor products to MY TASTES/PREFERENCES. So they started charging more money this month, but made sure no reviews of the products post... shady ! If I have anymore issues I will be cancelling and trying Sephora Play or Birchbox... which is a shame because for the most part I did like Ipsy. Sure there are products sent that aren't to my liking but that's when my Daughter & I would trade etc... But they've laxed on service & made it impossible to contact them.
heathery30
10/18/19
I have been a long time subscriber to Ipsy. There have been a few times that I had some broken items and each time I contact Customer Service they are very helpful and send out replacements right away. I received a broken eyeshadow and they ended up replacing my entire bag.
britainnya
10/14/19
I wanted to try Ipsy to see if it was worth it so I paid for a years worth and wasn't aware when the year was up I was going to be charged another year. I wasn't given a heads up or anything. When looking over my bank statement I seen I was charge I canceled my membership and emailed ipsy. I was told I would receive the refund after receiving the refund I was soon charged again and they tried telling me they can't see on their end where I was charged even after sending this. So I'm out of the money and makeup.
natashal66
10/13/19
I can not believe Ipsy. The ultimate box was suppised to be the next best thing. It was a total rip off nightmare. I am furious!! I was supposed to receive 8 FULL SIZE PRODUCTS AND 4 DELUXE SIZED PRODUCTS. ENDED UP GETTING DUPED AND RECIEVED 4 SAMPLE SIZE AND ONLY A FEW FULL SIZE ITEMS. THE PRODUXTS WERENT EVEN GOOD. THEY WERE CHEAP AND POINTLESS. THE GLAM BAG PLUS BOX WAS BETTER AT HALF THE PRICE
IM IN THE PROCESS OF STARTING A CLAIM!! NO JOKE... THE ONLY WAY THAT WONT HAPPEN IS IF THEY FIX IT WOTH A REFUND OR SOMETHING EQUAL TO THAT!! THIS IS WRONG!! PEOPLE, WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. ITS NOT OK!!!
cindyl411
10/12/19
Ipsy cancellation a nightmare !!!!!!
Rant here I have been getting Ipsy beauty subscription for over 2yrs I've tried canceling several times with no progress. Customer service # not working supposed to send email to cancel never recieved one in the last 2 times I've put in for cancelation. So I called my banks claims department & Better Business Bureau ..... horrible service when trying to cancel but easy as pie to join. So sad companies do this just to get your money. But I got your number & I'm not sitting around quietly while you take my money on a subscription I can no longer use or afford !!!!!
christinab321
10/9/19
I get my package every month no problem and it hasn't disappointed at all! I have had it for around six months and honesty I would have never tried some things if not for ispy, great deal!

I find that many months will have full sized products, which add up to at least $35-50 worth. I live in the US and it's $10/month including shipping. This also includes 5 products and a cute bag. Before receiving any samples, you'll take a quiz on your makeup style. With taking the quiz, you'll get makeup that you'll likely use and have the option of reviewing each product each month to see if you want to continue the same makeup in the future. I hope this helps Cayenne! :)

By Courtney M.

To cancel your subscription, please log in to ipsy.com and click on your profile picture in the upper right corner, then go to the "Subscriptions & Purchases" section to find the cancel button. Youll receive a confirmation via email, so just make sure you're still logged into your account when you open that email and click the link inside to finalize your cancellation. If you have any trouble at all, just email support@ipsy.com and we'd be happy to assist!

By Kaila B., ipsy Representative

I want to cancel ipsy but my password doesnt work.

By Karen T.

I don't want to use glam bag anymore can y'all please cancel it for me please. Thanks

By Laguania H.

Rosi, I have been a subscriber for several months. They send samples of many different brands but not Lime Crime. Here are some of the brands: City Color, trestique, NYX, Luxie brushes, Pacifica, star looks, Bella Pierre, Dermelect, be a bombshell, dls, hey honey, Marc Anthony, Eva nyc, MOR hand creme, Clarks botanicals, Avance, epice, belif creme, REN creme, and peek, and Trust Fund. During the ten months I have been a subscriber, I have only received a handful of high end makeup samples: the Balm, tarte, and smashbox. Some people love ipsy, but my experience has shown me that a lot of times they send me products that I don't like or ones that don't match my "beauty profile". So I will probably cancel soon. The products are not counterfeit, though. If I were you, I would not subscribe to ipsy. Hope that helps! -Heather

By Heather A.

We offer email support (help.ipsy.com), but if you'd prefer to call, you can leave a voicemail at (888) 769-4526 and a representative will call you back as soon as possible!

By Kaila B., ipsy Representative

If you call them on it and object, the waitlist magically disappears .

By Lisa C.

I do think they pay attention to the different profiles, my daughter and I are different and we are getting the things we each like. I think I it's very worth it I love it,

By Laura M.

Their is no number! And odd that they don't have one.

By Celina B.

Hi Lorenia! Good news-- it looks like you were already upgraded from the Waitlist, and are all set to receive your December Glam Bag. It's already being prepped for shipment. We hope you love it! Ashley, Please don't cancel in hopes of getting bumped up! We organize the Waitlist by the date you subscribed, not by cancellation requests. However, if you ever have a friend or family member who wants to secure their spot, they can contact ipsyCare at support@ipsy.com.

By Kaila B., ipsy Representative
Questions? Get answers from the ipsy staff and other customers.

13 Photos for ipsy