Review of ipsy

Tel: 888-769-4526
support@ipsy.com

tinas310
7/10/19

Missing a bag . I have emailed and no response week after week. I originally cancelled but I guess they choose who gets to cancel and money refunded.the samples are what you can get at any cosmetic store for free. I know the missing bag is only 10 bucks but it's the fact that they won't acknowledge my request for it.

shellyh62
7/2/19

I just received my 1st $25 ipsy box and it is ridiculous! Broken eyeshadow, clumped up mascara, crap I wd never in a million years put in my fine thin hair!!! I'm so mad, I cannot believe these ppl

maryg614
6/21/19

What a hassle! Never again. I ordered an Ipsy bag for myself and my grand daughter. She has moved and I don't care for the products. But I can't seem to cancel. Even after I thought I cancelled I received an email that read accept a free bag or confirm your cancellation. But there was no link to cancel. So I replied that for God's sake cancel me already! We will see. I stopped payment thru Paypal but they are linked for one of the accounts to my bank. Oye, what a pain in the neck.

ashleyh356
6/21/19

They took money out of my account & my account with Ipsy read "no recent order" I'm filing charges #furious they should be ashamed

jeid
6/19/19

I received an email from Ipsy sayin I will get free Huda palette if I sign up. I love, love Huda makeup so I signed up just to get it. Confirmation email even said I will received the item together with my glam bag. Too good to be true. It turns out there were only very (very, very, very) limited quantity and I did not get one. The glam bag contents are not the items I want and the makeup are all made in China. I UNSUBSCRIBED immediately. Never again!

alonad2
alona d.
6/19/19

i subscibe coz im interested to the product and offer me with the free gift on my email..i pay for my first month and expecting my free and glam bag..glam bag arrived but non of the free gift..contact them it saying that i cant recieved the free gift coz i paused may subscription..i dont like the item for the nxt month that why i paused it and now ending for unsubcibe,,i'd rather go to ulta than to pay monthly for the sample that idk like..even the syle of the bag not makes me interested for it..just wasting my money though!!

aprilw97
6/18/19

Took my money for June and still no bag or update on shipping. Customer service is a joke. I have canceled and will.contact my bank for reimbursement from this horrible company. Steer clear cause it will eventually happen cause I am a long time member so

sylviam138
6/17/19

They charge you the first day of the month and dont deliver until the last day. But cancelling the subscription is next to impossible! They publish a telephone number which has a 1 second recording saying: "the number is currently not in service, please try again later"! if that makes any sense.SCAM! Talk to your bank and explain to cancell the debit to your accoutn on behalf of this company.

krystalb52
6/13/19

Ipsy, use to be amazing. I subscribed for 3 years! This year the changed who they partner for shipping. Since changing to DHL, they have lost two of my glam bags and I'm lucky if I get my package by the end of the month.

Ipsy use to allow you to pick one item in your glam bag. Not anymore! Your stuck with what they choose for you based on your profile- which- they completely ignore.

I wouldn't recommend Ipsy. Not after the changes. They use to be amazing.

alyssas92
6/13/19

So I signed up for Ipsy, and AFTER I put in my payment information it tells me I will be on a waitlist until a spot opens up. Okay, fine. But it also tells me I can skip the waitlist by sharing Ipsy on Facebook and messenger. So you're tell me that you are going to magically create a spot for me if I share, but if I don't, there is no spot....? AND you're telling me you have too many subscribers to keep up with as it is but you want me to promote your business to others?? Yeah, I will be canceling.

laurv
6/12/19

Not only are the products not worth what i am paying... not even close!!! I could have bought this junk at the dollar store. AND they have processed 2 payments this month. EVEN THOUGH I CANCELLED!!!!!!!

simas3
6/11/19

Do not give them your card information! They are a SCAM!
I didn't get my bag for 2 months. When I contacted their customer service they told me they shipped the second bag. I called USPS and they didn't get a bag. They sold me products that they didn't have it in the stock and they told me after month passed from order. I had 2 more orders 20 days ago. They should have shipped and I needed to receive in 15 days max. And USPS didn't even receive them.

They said they will return money back from the month that I charged and NO RETURNS.

I wish I read reviews before this commitment.

jessicac379
6/6/19

Did not get my last bags in the mail and I've tried to contact support. They will not refund me and will only replace a bag before 45 days. Ali, is terrible and very dismissive. I requested a Supervisor and nothing...dead space. This happens every time and why it has taken me so long to speak with someone about this issue. They never escalate it. I simply needed a refund but now I will cancel my membership.

michellew387
6/3/19

When I received my first Glam Bag Plus, I received eye shadow and lip lines which are both marked as receive rarely on my profile. I do not wear eye shadow or lip liner so it felt like a total waste of money. I contacted customer service and they were helpful. She said she will mark my profile to never receive eye shadow or lip liners. The very next box I received had not only eye shadow but eye shadow brushes. Once again 2 product I will never use. I contacted customer service and they offered me a free full size product in my next bag. If my next box comes with eye shadow, I'm going to cancel my subscription because I'm not paying $25 a month to get products that are of no use to me. Horrible experience so far

gennac1
5/26/19

I've only had Ipsy for about three months, and have been overall disappointed in the quality of both the bag and cosmetic products. If you have Ipsy, you might recall taking the "Beauty Quiz" in which they make you select brand and cosmetic preferences to "customize" your bag. I haven't been receiving products I can actually put to good use. All I get are very cheap and flimsy chapsticks and cheap makeup brand items in each box. Occasionally they'll throw in a makeup brush, but that's only happened once. I know it would be too high of an expectation to expect getting every brand and item you want in a glam bag, but I haven't received ANY of the brands or cosmetic items I selected on the quiz which I find very frustrating. Besides that the bags are terrible. The bag is flimsy and the zippers always seem to fall apart. The whole bag all together isn't even worth ten dollars for the quality I'm getting out of it. I will give June a try, but if I'm not satisfied with that I will surely cancel my subscription.

patriciar363
5/25/19

Ipsy allows its members to add extra things to their bags (which in my experience adds two weeks shipping time to your bag). You pay for these add-ons at a discounted rate. When I FINALLY received my Ipsy bag, I did not receive the add-on I had specifically selected and waited for. I contacted Ipsy only to be told they had run out. They failed to alert me in the weeks my bag was late as they were scrambling to cover their oversight and couldn't bother to tell their customer who keeps them I business that the item they were anticipating wasn't even going to be shipping to them. Ipsy is a joke.

sherryj48
5/14/19

I signed up and joined through Facebook to get off wait list. When I tried to order, I was told my address is invalid. I instantly canceled my subscription. Two days later $20 was taken off my credit card. I looked up their # and it's no longer in service. I don't recommend this company at all. Big scam!!

ashleyo56
5/3/19

I was so excited when I signed up for Ipsy, i carefully designed my profile and provided all the information required, I even purchased a full-size add-on to be sent with my glam bag. I waited eagerly for my first bag to arrive... it never did. After many attempts at contacting Ipsy's nearly useless customer service, they re-shipped my order. I finally received my bag an entire month later- without the full-size add-on I purchased. (Not to mention my disappointment with the glam bag itself- the products are way smaller than they look online and I expected better quality). Now I'm trying to contact customer service AGAIN to figure out why I paid over $20 for a non-existent add-on. On top of all of this, I just previewed my May glam bag (second month of my subscription) and they're sending me the EXACT same highlighter that was in the April bag. Cool.

Ipsy is a mediocre, misleading company and there's no question I'm canceling my subscription (let's hope I even can ).

jennifery76
5/1/19

Have tried several times to cancel my membership It's as I have to click on the email sent to me to finalize my cancelation but they never send me an email with a link so they keep sending the freaking bags

julied256
4/27/19

Never give them you credit card info, they tried to stole money from me when I did not purchase their service. I've already given my infos when they told me i would be on a waiting list so I cancel everything, a few month later I see a charge on my credit card... when they refunded me they kept 17$...

kristianar
4/16/19

I have been an Ipsy member for years now and every month you get 5 sample products. They're generally ok items, but clearly many aren't talored to my "beauty preferences" they just started a new thing called Ipsy plus where you can pay more and get 5 full sized products. I received an email stating their was a spot for me, but when I tried a few hours after recovering the email to switch over it said I was put on a waitlist. I feel that this is false advertising. If it states in my email that their is a spot for me, then I shouldn't be places on a waitlist. Furthermore, they said that if I want to automatically get off the waitlist I could share a link to friends and if one of them signs up then I'll get taken off the waitlist. It aggravates me to be used in their advertisement schemes and they obviously still have spots if they're able to accommodate people once they have their friends to sign up.

nicop7
4/11/19

Ipsy is a great way to sample new cosmetic brands at affordable prices. I love that you can personalize your profile so they can send you the right shades.

kathleens289
4/4/19

I tried to help my sister cancel her subscription to ipsy glam bags. She nor I could get into her account to cancel her plan. I wrote a message on their customer service page. The answer came back in a prepared format....like their FAQ'S. I searched for a customer service phone number; it was no longer in service. I called 2 numbers associated with their offices in San Mateo and Fort Worth which are no longer in service. Two offices in NY & CA post no phone #'s. I have messaged them on FB messenger & wrote a post on their FB page ...asking for help. If we dont hear from them, we will close my sister's bank account. So frustrating.

julief182
3/21/19

Very tiny products, one missing and one eyeshadow doesn't even come in a case. Waited 3 months for this???

margaritac25
3/18/19

This company doesn't not even have a phone customer service. Good luck if you are trying to contact them. They stole my money never revived about 6 bags from them. Spent more than $70 for nothing. They never reached back to me with an explanation or response. They simply igonered all my messages. It is so frustrating to talk someone about a situation like this via email. Horrible company.

I find that many months will have full sized products, which add up to at least $35-50 worth. I live in the US and it's $10/month including shipping. This also includes 5 products and a cute bag. Before receiving any samples, you'll take a quiz on your makeup style. With taking the quiz, you'll get makeup that you'll likely use and have the option of reviewing each product each month to see if you want to continue the same makeup in the future. I hope this helps Cayenne! :)

By Courtney M.

To cancel your subscription, please log in to ipsy.com and click on your profile picture in the upper right corner, then go to the "Subscriptions & Purchases" section to find the cancel button. Youll receive a confirmation via email, so just make sure you're still logged into your account when you open that email and click the link inside to finalize your cancellation. If you have any trouble at all, just email support@ipsy.com and we'd be happy to assist!

By Kaila B., ipsy Representative

I want to cancel ipsy but my password doesnt work.

By Karen T.

Rosi, I have been a subscriber for several months. They send samples of many different brands but not Lime Crime. Here are some of the brands: City Color, trestique, NYX, Luxie brushes, Pacifica, star looks, Bella Pierre, Dermelect, be a bombshell, dls, hey honey, Marc Anthony, Eva nyc, MOR hand creme, Clarks botanicals, Avance, epice, belif creme, REN creme, and peek, and Trust Fund. During the ten months I have been a subscriber, I have only received a handful of high end makeup samples: the Balm, tarte, and smashbox. Some people love ipsy, but my experience has shown me that a lot of times they send me products that I don't like or ones that don't match my "beauty profile". So I will probably cancel soon. The products are not counterfeit, though. If I were you, I would not subscribe to ipsy. Hope that helps! -Heather

By Heather A.

I don't want to use glam bag anymore can y'all please cancel it for me please. Thanks

By Laguania H.

We offer email support (help.ipsy.com), but if you'd prefer to call, you can leave a voicemail at (888) 769-4526 and a representative will call you back as soon as possible!

By Kaila B., ipsy Representative

If you call them on it and object, the waitlist magically disappears .

By Lisa C.

I do think they pay attention to the different profiles, my daughter and I are different and we are getting the things we each like. I think I it's very worth it I love it,

By Laura M.

Hi Lorenia! Good news-- it looks like you were already upgraded from the Waitlist, and are all set to receive your December Glam Bag. It's already being prepped for shipment. We hope you love it! Ashley, Please don't cancel in hopes of getting bumped up! We organize the Waitlist by the date you subscribed, not by cancellation requests. However, if you ever have a friend or family member who wants to secure their spot, they can contact ipsyCare at support@ipsy.com.

By Kaila B., ipsy Representative

I'm having a very similar issue. The site tells me that my email and password don't match and after I tried to retrieve my password it never sent me an email. I would recommend emailing support@ipsy.com for help

By Kissy K.
Questions? Get answers from the ipsy staff and other customers.

7 Photos for ipsy