ipsy

ipsy has a consumer rating of 2.39 stars from 482 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. ipsy also ranks 15th among Subscription Shopping sites. The most common issues with ipsy are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 16.4%

• I signed up for ipsy yesterday and it says I will get the August glam bag....
  • They responded quickly (in a little over 24 hours), they answered all my questions.

• The customer service doesn't wanna do anything about it.
  • In this case I liked the products but I have no idea how they obteined my card information.
How would you rate ipsy?

“I was very satisfied”

Diane M.
6/19/20

My first IPSY glam bag didn't seem to take very long to arrive (I ordered it on May 24th and it arrived yesterday, 06/18/20), and it had the full-sized eyeshadow kit as they promised, and five other little makeup and skincare items. All were high-quality items, and if one of the trial-sized items is a lip balm or one eyeshadow, it will end up being a full-sized anyway, because they are already small items to begin with. The colors and ratios I specified in the quizzes meant to customize my items seemed to work! So I give it five out of five stars because IPSY came through on their promises. If it changes, I'll update this rating, but for now they seem legit and quality.

“No good”

Silent K.
3/22/20

I noticed that I didn't recognize the brand names of any of the products. As I suspected, all the make-up is made in China. I cancelled right away. I will not put anything in or on my body from there if I can help it. No wonder it's inexpensive. Ipsy probably gets those samples for almost nothing. Crooks.

customer service (76) glam bag (89) products (200) month (255) credit card (33) 3 months (13) phone number (17) email (132) 6 months (11) 24 hours (10) bank account (10) eye shadow (13)
silentk
March 22nd, 2020
andread216
January 11th, 2020
Ordered on the 12 th Dec. I decided to cancel my subscription after the items for the first bag was selectedsince only one of the 5 items matched the info I put for my preferences. Paid for the first bag and got two separate tracking numbers. The first bag for lost according to customer service. They shipped another bag but the tracking number does not work. Still waiting!
karterj
March 4th, 2020
Hello anyone currently subscribed to IPSY or thinking about starting a membership, do NOT do it. IPSY has taken over 100$ out of my account for the past four months and I have not received a single package! This is ridiculous. I have spoken to 4 different people about same problem and not a single person has gotten back to themselves. They refuse to give me my money back! If I had known this would happen, IPSY would have never gotten my business. I hope everyone reading this does not begin a membership. They do not care about their customers.
dianem1072
June 19th, 2020
eicehkuvfe
May 11th, 2020
I have had many bags not arrive and each time I reached out to costumer service and they either did nothing and I lost my money or they send they would resend it and never did. Some of the products were the same as stuff u could get for free. Also when you try to cancel it you're only able to pause it so after one to three months you start getting charged again and can not permanently cancel. Overall it is awful and not a simple subscription service to try.
sophiam112
March 4th, 2020
I ordered an ipsy package back in mid January 2020 and it was supposed to be here by February 10-29 2020. I paid with my credit card that had about $20.00 on it, after i purchased my ipsy package i had about $5.00 left on that same card, and they are trying to say my card was invalid and they could not get any money or anything out of my card and they are trying to charge me again. Now they are refusing to give me my money back.
jeannes155
April 16th, 2020
I was very excited to join Ipsy because a good friend recommended it. I upgraded to Glam Blag Plus and even purchased an added value product of Ciate mascara. However, when I went to use it this morning, it was dried out and unusable.The Shaina B eyeshadows were nothing but dust when applied. The cosmetic bag was so cheaply made that I've relegated it to a coin purse for my laundry trips. The Context nail polish is not even full size. Quite frankly, I'm not sure if I even want to use the facial masks. My gut tells me that the owners just buy cosmetics in bulk from China and attempt to package them nicely. I cancelled my membership today and I will make sure that they do not continue to charge me. Bottom line is that there are better kits out there; skip Ipsy.

Tip for consumers: Don't fall for the hype or the "add-on" products. Higher quality products are available at Walgreens or Duane Reade.

robynd57
July 4th, 2020
I had ipsy for 3 years. In that time, I skipped about 4 bags due to travel and had no issue using the site to pause service. Of the rest of the bags I purchased, I was pretty happy with everything I got from them. I know a lot of ppl claim that they get items that don't match their profile, but 90% of the time, mine was spot on. I reviewed every item I ever received and updated my profile every 3 months bc I constantly change my hair color. I ordered hundreds of dollars worth of add-ons and member deals over the years. I discovered skincare products that I now live by (Pūrlisse, Winky Lux and Benefit) and will use the rest of my life. Customer service was always wonderful anytime I needed help and I was able to redeem points and get free gift items 2 to 3 times a year just by reviewing products. Recently they added the ability to review add-ons that increase the amount of point you can earn. I canceled last month only bc I have greatly decreased my daily use of cosmetics and have enough product that I actually use stockpiled in my vanity to last me the next year. When I run out I will start ipsy again. No doubt! I love them!

Tip for consumers: REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW! Everything! And update your profile a few times a year. Type in the comment boxes! They listen to that more than the smile ratings!

jo219
May 2nd, 2020
I've only been subscribed to IPSY for a month and I'm already so done with them. My first bag suddenly disappeared from the app so I had to send them an e-mail to ask where my bag was. Fortunately they replied right away and sent me a tracking number. I was able to receive this order yesterday.

But I have two other orders that I still have NOT received because of "insufficient address" which makes absolutely no sense as they were able to send me my glam bag. I e-mailed customer service about this and they told me that the apartment number was missing from my address. Again, this makes no sense as I was able to receive a package from them in my mailbox (which has my apartment number on it). I told them my address was complete but their representative insisted that they "verified" my address and that it did not have my apartment number. So at this point they're just trying to place the blame on me. Not only that, they're making me contact the carrier myself. I tried contacting the carrier and they told me to contact IPSY. So who's gonna help me? I still have two orders pending from them plus the glam bag for this month. I'm asking for a refund for the two orders because I don't want to give them my money after all the stress they put me through but they haven't responded. I tried to get my bag for the month cancelled as well but they don't do refunds. I think it says a lot about them that they don't do refunds. All in all they are just very inefficient and have AWFUL customer service. Insisting I didn't put the correct address, really? Just admit you're wrong and give me a refund. See photos for reference. FedEx - the one I received. DHL - the one with "insufficient address". Email - customer service not being helpful at all and just insisting that my address is incomplete.
ninad85
April 4th, 2020
I rate them very poor things are missing from my bags they charge me twice and there is no way to contact anyone the website says contact ipsy care center and that leads you to no real answer or anyone that can help you or fix or address the problem .They don't care about the customer only about taking your money .
jessej90
Jesse J.
April 24th, 2020
Ipsy glam bag!! January 2020
I love Ipsy I hope they start bringing back better products they have went downhill just a smidge bit.
Basically you'll love some stuff and you'll hate some. It's not $10 a month anymore it's $12 and with tax it's $14 so you could just try it and see how you feel everyone is different. Also they are great with customer service and they will replace any item that is messed up or missing so that's great. But I pretty much have every subscription box and my absolute favorite with the best quality products is the allure beauty box

If you decide to sign up today use my referral code

Just copy it and put it in referral and we can both get a free make pallet

I loved February's 2020 box so good job Ipsy
marym1999
February 11th, 2020
I just received my bag today and inside was mascara that had been opened it ran all over the bag all over everything the only major runes was the mascara and the bag everything else can be wiped down and saved can you please replace it patients at a much earlier stage or patients who wouldn't it whenever going to progress to the severe pneumonia that the was the tip-off of this problem in China
jessc101
April 7th, 2020
I look forward to this every month ! It's not too late to sign up! I just upgraded to the plus, I couldn't help it!

brandyn14
December 31st, 2018
I love this company. Some complain that some items they get aren't through their beauty profile, but if you play with your beauty profile every month and also do the questionnaire about improving your glam bag products, I feel it does improve what you get. Every month my ipsy glam bag keeps getting better for me. Plus also this subscription is cheap, so if you are a beginner at make-up or you can't afford a lot of make-up, then this would be a good company to go with
priyankag24
April 26th, 2020
I was charged for April 2020 but never received beauty bag although shipping tracking was provided which shows it was delivered to my address. The company is scamming people and perhaps having some collaboration with shipping companies. The app asks me if I am connected to internet when I use contact ipsy link.
mimozat
December 2nd, 2019
Why are you not allowing your customers to cancel their membership??????????????? Before I used to come back to IPSY because its not expensive but what do you get for the price??? There are so many more better seasonal subscriptions in which you get such a good quality products, not samples that you'll never use!! Very greedy and unprofessional!
lynnr196
December 9th, 2019
I moved in September 2019. I been trying to change my address with them and can't seem to get that done. I received my September bag but none since. I have now paid for October, November and December bags and not received any of them. I've now tried to cancel and that is a nightmare! STAY AWAY! OH plus they went up on my price in July without any notification from $10 to $13.95. Not worth that!
jaimeh63
March 18th, 2020
I have been a member since July 2019 I paid for two different bags and ultimate glam bag and a glam bag plus I was charged and can prove it through my bank account and my statement I received the glam bag plus after several months and then was told I would receive a refund for the ultimate glam bag which I said I could not because the account was closed and wanted alternative resolutions whether a different bag merchandise credit or a check. They basically told me there was nothing they could do about my ultimate bag and my $53And that I'm not a current member anymore because I have an updated my payment why would I update my payment when I still haven't received the merchandise I purchased in January??After more than several emails this issue still has not been resolved I'm very unsatisfied and disappointed with this company, and they basically said oh well! Really??
kimc770
April 6th, 2020
This is the biggest rip off I've seen. They tell you how easy it is to cancel your membership, but they make it so difficult to do. You have to jump thru hoops to cancel. They mislead you and continue to collect your money. They are a fraud. Do Not become a member. Stay away!
kristenb359
June 16th, 2020
ipsy is quick and sure to take your money on the first of the month then every single month they claim they ship your package and hit the ship button usually by the middle or the end of the month and that package never arrives and it happens every single month. When writing to customer service if they even bother to respond at all they give you the same lies over and over stating the package was shipped & don't worry about it it'll get there even though it's usually 15-20 days since it says it was shipped. When you then again right to customer service complaining that you never got the package then they admit they never shipped it and then conveniently every product is sold out . Save yourself a lot of stress and money and waste of time because they are worthless and a complete scam

Tip for consumers: dont waste your time or money , it isnt worth the stress

lisaa222
March 11th, 2018
I was really hesitant to join, but I'm happy I did. I'm not a huge makeup person, but the other products are worth it. I have found my forever mascara and eyeliner as well as some pretty amazing face lotions etc. I think the $10 a month actually saves me money in the long run since I don't have to keep buying makeup. Could do without the extra make-up bags - I wish there was an option to switch out, but I do love that they spotlight the designers of the bags!
ashb19
June 2nd, 2020
I was paying for the glam bag plus (so $25 a month). I wasn't super happy with anything that came in the bag and did not think it was worth $25. So I canceled my subscription. However, I have just been notified that I will be getting a June bag. For some reason, my card info is still on there and I have no way of removing it. I have lost my job due to the pandemic and decided my money would be better used elsewhere (like groceries). I also am unable to call customer service for immediate help because Ipsy doesn't have that option. I have already been charged for the June bag despite the fact that I did cancel a month ago. I will be contacting my bank to block future charges from this company. So incredibly annoyed over this entire situation.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

laverneg15
March 12th, 2020
Same here. I believe they got it set this way because the instruction to cancel is ridiculous! I tried it four times and still no cancel. They send the link to spam and it doesn't work. I want me refund for four months!
lisam1559
February 5th, 2020
I love getting my bag every month. My skin has never looked better getting to try all these great products. My biggest complaint is I thought the end of tear mystery bag would be fun. Well it wasn't. 3 of the 5 things in it are items I just got over last couple months and reviewed that I did not like. So now I have items in double and I hate them. They should make sure that they either send an item you may not have tried or atleast items you liked. I am very very unhappy with this bag. So the monthly bags are fun and mostly picked with what you may like but the "favorites of 2019" as an example sucks. Hated 4 out of the 5 things, only 1 thing is something I need to try. I hope that tiny jar of moisturizer is worth the extra $14 I spend on what will be garbage because I hated it the first time.
danicat4
May 21st, 2020
So disappointed! I signed for 25$ Glam bag and they've been taking that money each month + 12$ for WHAT? So it doesn't cost 25$ as it says that is 32$ each month! Not to mention how hard it was to cancel membership

To cancel your subscription, please log in to ipsy.com and click on your profile picture in the upper right corner, then go to the "Subscriptions & Purchases" section to find the cancel button. Youll receive a confirmation via email, so just make sure you're still logged into your account when you open that email and click the link inside to finalize your cancellation. If you have any trouble at all, just email support@ipsy.com and we'd be happy to assist!

See more answers (11)

OK well it depends where you live because here in Canada it is $20ish dollars but if you live in the U.S.A then ya it's worth it. The products are really high quality and I havent had any bad products yet. But for me to live in Canada and pay almost $20 dollars, it's kind of pricey. So it really depends on you, where you live and your preferences. Hope this helped

By Madison M.
See more answers (15)

We offer email support (help.ipsy.com), but if you'd prefer to call, you can leave a voicemail at (888) 769-4526 and a representative will call you back as soon as possible!

See more answers (21)

I want to cancel ipsy but my password doesnt work.

By Karen T.
See more answers (3)

I don't want to use glam bag anymore can y'all please cancel it for me please. Thanks

By Laguania H.
See more answers (2)

Rosi, I have been a subscriber for several months. They send samples of many different brands but not Lime Crime. Here are some of the brands: City Color, trestique, NYX, Luxie brushes, Pacifica, star looks, Bella Pierre, Dermelect, be a bombshell, dls, hey honey, Marc Anthony, Eva nyc, MOR hand creme, Clarks botanicals, Avance, epice, belif creme, REN creme, and peek, and Trust Fund. During the ten months I have been a subscriber, I have only received a handful of high end makeup samples: the Balm, tarte, and smashbox. Some people love ipsy, but my experience has shown me that a lot of times they send me products that I don't like or ones that don't match my "beauty profile". So I will probably cancel soon. The products are not counterfeit, though. If I were you, I would not subscribe to ipsy. Hope that helps! -Heather

By Heather A.
See more answers (2)

If you call them on it and object, the waitlist magically disappears .

By Lisa C.
See more answers (4)

I do think they pay attention to the different profiles, my daughter and I are different and we are getting the things we each like. I think I it's very worth it I love it,

By Laura M.
See more answers (4)

Their is no number! And odd that they don't have one.

By Celina B.
See more answers (2)

Hi Lorenia! Good news-- it looks like you were already upgraded from the Waitlist, and are all set to receive your December Glam Bag. It's already being prepped for shipment. We hope you love it! Ashley, Please don't cancel in hopes of getting bumped up! We organize the Waitlist by the date you subscribed, not by cancellation requests. However, if you ever have a friend or family member who wants to secure their spot, they can contact ipsyCare at support@ipsy.com.

See more answers (2)

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the ipsy staff and other customers.

ipsy co-founder Michelle Phan has captivated countless viewers around the world through her beauty video tutorials on YouTube. She envisioned a vibrant community where women could be inspired to express their unique beauty, and ipsy is that community!

“ipsy” comes from the Latin word ipse, meaning “sense of self.” By celebrating beauty of all forms in the world, ipsy provides a platform for anyone to express both their inner and outer radiance. With videos from ipsy's well-loved YouTube stylists, including co-founder Michelle Phan, as well as from a devoted and engaged user community, ipsy is changing the way women learn about and experience beauty looks.

When you become a member, you can learn new beauty tricks, participate along with your favorite ipsy stylists in monthly looks, and connect with other ipsters who inspire you.

mikhailu
Kaila B.
Marketing / PR

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ipsy?

Have a question about ipsy?