Review of ipsy

Tel: 888-769-4526
support@ipsy.com

deborahl176
8/14/18

Most of the brands I've never heard of and they are essentially sample sizes..They tend to ship lower end items like NYX and other cheap drugstore cosmetics.. I don't think it's worth $120 a year.. FabFitFun is $49 every 3 months and you're guaranteed to get around 8 full size higher end items..Also Boxycharm is $21.00 a month and you are guaranteed $100 plus worth of items (just this past month I got a full size Smashbox lipstick from Boxycharm). I do think the bags are cute that Ipsy sends, other than that, I just don't think a mystery bag of junk samples is worth my time or money.

nikkip48
8/13/18

Honestly, there are so many other subscription boxes out there for makeup. Ipsy gives you indie brands that you've never even heard of, small sample sizes. They also don't seem to use the preferences that you set. I had it for 2 months, hated both months. I subscribe to Boxycharm and have been a subscriber for almost 3 years, it's WAY better.. more bang for your buck in my opinion

kimt198
8/13/18

I have never written a bad review until now, IPSY is the worst. I was so excited to get my first glam bag and then when it finally came I was so disappointed,The things I got I didn't even mark I liked .So I called them and they said I received the items due to a questionnaire I filled out, if that were true then they went against everything I liked, its not worth the 10 dollars or the headache I say use your money for a Walmart beauty box they are so much better.

erins149
8/7/18

i have been an ipsy user for two years- sometimes i don't like what's in my bags but usually i grow to love the items or i review the things i don't like and they never show up again in my bags!

dianal127
8/7/18

I have received 2 glam bags now and the products they offer are excellent and I received them in less than a week !!

emilyb241
8/6/18

The website says things are personalized but my profile says I have red hair and fair skin but they gave me very dark mascara. I didnt want blush either but I ended up getting it anyways but i can use it as eyeshadow or something.

joycea70
8/4/18

I've ordered a month a go, it's another month now, haven't received my first bag... but they wasn't hesitant on taking 10.00 from my card for the second bag. Hell I haven't gotten my first bag yet. And why can't you call ipsy? ?!! I also emailed them I got a response but still no first bag. Can anybody tell me if you had good/ bad with this franchise? ??!! Thanks!

alic53
7/31/18

I signed up, with credit card to find out there's a waiting list. Doesn't say anything clearly about that until you put your card info in. Saw that, immediately asked to CANCEL my membership and not be charged. Representative emails me back, which I don't see until my card is charged a week later saying she moved me off the waiting list, which I DID NOT ASK FOR and charged my card anyways.

cheyannec3
7/9/18

I ordered a Mac makeup primer about a month ago. I was never given a tracking number or any update on my package other than shipped. I waited for over 2 weeks till I checked again and it said delivered. I never received my package. I wrote customer service and they were anything BUT helpful. They refuse to refund you or do anything other than auto respond. They basically stole 25 dollars from me. I canceled my glam bag and will never be using Ipsy again.

alexisc79
7/5/18

I have enjoyed Ipsy for the most part, besides the few times I have received concealer that is meant for a woman of colour and I am nowhere NEAR that shade....it's a little annoying for stuff like that. I want to be able to at least try the products, but if you send me the wrong colours, I can't. About 6 months ago, might have been even more than that I changed my preferences to no lipsticks, and no tools/brushes. I receive a brush almost every bag and I used to like it, but I have waaaayyy too many now. In the last 6-8 months I have received a lipstick and eye shadow brush EVERY MONTH. They clearly do not pay attention to your preferences.

micahs14
7/5/18

My bag took 2 weeks to arrive! Plus, it came days past the end of the month. I did like what I received for the most part though.

kendrac16
6/28/18

I joined Ipsy awhile ago and I will say my only negative is I have over 50 bags that I might never use (the cute bags all your items are sent in)
First you take a quiz which helps them decide what to send you and I'm not a fan of certain things so I checked those boxes of not interested. At any time I wish to change my mind I can go into my account and update it. I did state I love nail polish and every bag I'm getting nail polish!! I get a cute bag with 5 items inside you get at least 2 full size products! The price of $10 is a steal! I've added some of my bags up and they have been over $30. I love that I control what I get I asked for no hair care products (since I'm dealing with some health issues and on strict hair care items from doctors) and they don't send any hair items. I also said I'm into lip gloss/stick and nail polish and my bags include those.
For $10 a custom bag that's easier and cheaper than ordering a meal that mostly the fast food place would mess up!! Plus you'll gain 5lbs of fat and guilt lol

molliem14
6/13/18

The bags always have fun beauty items that I would not normally try but more often than not I use all the time once I receive them. I think this subscription is def a great deal at $10/month!

candacem34
6/2/18

I ordered 4 items....1 was the wrong color product and the other 3 took FOREVER TO GET HERE and I spent more in shipping than i spent on products! When I emailed them about my problem I was confronted with a whole lot of not their problem. Most definitely will not use ipsy shopper again. So far glam bag was awesome but they seriously need help in customer service

alicial61
5/23/18

This overall has been a good experience. Of course I've gotten things I don't particularly use but the ipsy care has always addressed my concerns pretty quick and efficient. Love to try new products

mandyl39
5/16/18

Ipsy have new thing call ipsy cash. basically like ebates, you get cash back from them. they offer nice percentage of some cosmetic brand . like ofra or buxom. ofra sometime
s can get 50% rebates. im a reseller. i sell cosmetic to Asia. i placed a lot of orders thru ipsy. before a week of the day they supposed to redeem my ipsy cash, my cash all gone. its $3600. i keep email them and always get the respond just wait! After one month waiting, they basically told me, they wont pay me because they consider its fraudulent. WTF they can easy to take your money away without give you any reason. i could get 30% off if i bought ofra thru their website, but i choose ipsy cuz they offer better rebates. Then i got nothing. Be awarded , if you gonna buy anything thru ipsy shopper. They might not pay you ! i still trying to get my money back.

isar5
4/9/18

This is the second time I tried to cancel and I sent email to support Ipsy and they didnt cancel and continue changing to my card. I will have to call my bank because this is fraud.

lisaa222
3/11/18

I was really hesitant to join, but I'm happy I did. I'm not a huge makeup person, but the other products are worth it. I have found my forever mascara and eyeliner as well as some pretty amazing face lotions etc. I think the $10 a month actually saves me money in the long run since I don't have to keep buying makeup. Could do without the extra make-up bags - I wish there was an option to switch out, but I do love that they spotlight the designers of the bags!

nataliep51
3/9/18

I would recommend to all. Fantastic selection and quality product! Every month I receive a variety of new beauty products to try for only 10$ per month from some of the top beauty retailers in the world.

yazmint1
3/5/18

I've had it now going on 5 yrs , its great. I get to try out a lot of new products without spending an arm and a leg!

leighh35
2/24/18

I think I've made my way through all the budget beauty subscription boxes and I've enjoyed them all. I like the variety of products sends out and I also love that they really seem to pay attention to your preferences. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to expand their makeup collection =)

katiec103
2/12/18

I love Ipsy. I love the samples and quality of samples they provide. I even love the bags. They have the most incredible customer service. My bag never arrived and they were very quick to replace it for me. I will always use Ipsy!

amyt116
2/10/18

I'm fairly new to Ipsy, referred by my daughter. My daughter loves it and I so far love it too. I had questions to the company about my daughters referral link that I forgot to use and they responded within 24 hours of my inquiry. Plus, after speaking with my daughter they have indeed gave her the points for referring me. I would say that their response time was fairly quick considering how this company has grown and in my opinion is considered GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. I have had no problems with them and I will continue receiving their products.

shenginm
2/1/18

My January bag never arrived, after 5 emails back and forth (took them 3 weeks to reorder) I was told that because I don't live in the continental us it takes longer (I live in seattle)-after 2 years all of a sudden it takes longer and they no longer update tracking? Secondly, customer service cancelled my subscription without my permission (was waiting until after February's bag). Thirdly, I think the samples they are getting must be out of date or expired-a lot of the lipsticks and glosses I got tasted old I updated my profile to not get them anymore and threw them out. Going to try birchbox.

cassandrac13
2/1/18

As part of a New Year's resolution I decided to join the subscription club ipsy.com . It sounded like a great bargain. I decided to splurge and go for the 1 year plan which was 110.00 for the entire year and I would receive 1 "Glam Bag" every month.
The very second I hit subscribe and entered my payment information I was notified that I would be placed on a wait list unless I announced my decision on all kinds of social media sites. I was a little peeved. I was not told about the wait list situation until after I had confirmed my subscription.
I thought it over for a day and then decided to contact customer service to see about cancelling my spot on the wait list and to delete my account and payment info. I was assured by a representative that I had been removed and that everything was taken care of.
The first of February I was charged 110.00! I got on the website and found that my account was still active. I immediately cancelled my subscription with would auto renew next year. (This method of cancelling was not an option while on the wait list. I had to contact a customer service member to be removed. )

So after all is said and done... I've been charged 110.00 after asking to be removed. This "Glam Bag" had better be worth it.

This is to warn anyone considering ipsy.com that there is a wait list and be 100% sure you want their service because cancelling isn't guaranteed.

I find that many months will have full sized products, which add up to at least $35-50 worth. I live in the US and it's $10/month including shipping. This also includes 5 products and a cute bag. Before receiving any samples, you'll take a quiz on your makeup style. With taking the quiz, you'll get makeup that you'll likely use and have the option of reviewing each product each month to see if you want to continue the same makeup in the future. I hope this helps Cayenne! :)

By Courtney M.

To cancel your subscription, please log in to ipsy.com and click on your profile picture in the upper right corner, then go to the "Subscriptions & Purchases" section to find the cancel button. Youll receive a confirmation via email, so just make sure you're still logged into your account when you open that email and click the link inside to finalize your cancellation. If you have any trouble at all, just email support@ipsy.com and we'd be happy to assist!

By Kaila B., ipsy Representative

Rosi, I have been a subscriber for several months. They send samples of many different brands but not Lime Crime. Here are some of the brands: City Color, trestique, NYX, Luxie brushes, Pacifica, star looks, Bella Pierre, Dermelect, be a bombshell, dls, hey honey, Marc Anthony, Eva nyc, MOR hand creme, Clarks botanicals, Avance, epice, belif creme, REN creme, and peek, and Trust Fund. During the ten months I have been a subscriber, I have only received a handful of high end makeup samples: the Balm, tarte, and smashbox. Some people love ipsy, but my experience has shown me that a lot of times they send me products that I don't like or ones that don't match my "beauty profile". So I will probably cancel soon. The products are not counterfeit, though. If I were you, I would not subscribe to ipsy. Hope that helps! -Heather

By Heather A.

If you call them on it and object, the waitlist magically disappears .

By Lisa C.

I do think they pay attention to the different profiles, my daughter and I are different and we are getting the things we each like. I think I it's very worth it I love it,

By Laura M.

Hi Lorenia! Good news-- it looks like you were already upgraded from the Waitlist, and are all set to receive your December Glam Bag. It's already being prepped for shipment. We hope you love it! Ashley, Please don't cancel in hopes of getting bumped up! We organize the Waitlist by the date you subscribed, not by cancellation requests. However, if you ever have a friend or family member who wants to secure their spot, they can contact ipsyCare at support@ipsy.com.

By Kaila B., ipsy Representative

I'm 57 and I love everything I get. I use most of it and what I don't use I give to my friends. I use all the bags they give you for organizing things like coupons, meds, make-up (of course!), postage stamps and bank deposit slips. Sign up!!

By lucy f.

I have a new card and would like to rectify the problem

By Fredia W.

Deseo cancelar mi suscripción

By Anisbel V.

Same here. There's no number to call you have to email them and wait for someone to respond. I'm still waiting.

By Crystal P.
Questions? Get answers from the ipsy staff and other customers.

3 Photos for ipsy