Review of ipsy

Tel: 888-769-4526
support@ipsy.com

mandyl39
5/16/18

Ipsy have new thing call ipsy cash. basically like ebates, you get cash back from them. they offer nice percentage of some cosmetic brand . like ofra or buxom. ofra sometime
s can get 50% rebates. im a reseller. i sell cosmetic to Asia. i placed a lot of orders thru ipsy. before a week of the day they supposed to redeem my ipsy cash, my cash all gone. its $3600. i keep email them and always get the respond just wait! After one month waiting, they basically told me, they wont pay me because they consider its fraudulent. WTF they can easy to take your money away without give you any reason. i could get 30% off if i bought ofra thru their website, but i choose ipsy cuz they offer better rebates. Then i got nothing. Be awarded , if you gonna buy anything thru ipsy shopper. They might not pay you ! i still trying to get my money back.

isar5
4/9/18

This is the second time I tried to cancel and I sent email to support Ipsy and they didnt cancel and continue changing to my card. I will have to call my bank because this is fraud.

lisaa222
3/11/18

I was really hesitant to join, but I'm happy I did. I'm not a huge makeup person, but the other products are worth it. I have found my forever mascara and eyeliner as well as some pretty amazing face lotions etc. I think the $10 a month actually saves me money in the long run since I don't have to keep buying makeup. Could do without the extra make-up bags - I wish there was an option to switch out, but I do love that they spotlight the designers of the bags!

nataliep51
3/9/18

I would recommend to all. Fantastic selection and quality product! Every month I receive a variety of new beauty products to try for only 10$ per month from some of the top beauty retailers in the world.

yazmint1
3/5/18

I've had it now going on 5 yrs , its great. I get to try out a lot of new products without spending an arm and a leg!

leighh35
2/24/18

I think I've made my way through all the budget beauty subscription boxes and I've enjoyed them all. I like the variety of products sends out and I also love that they really seem to pay attention to your preferences. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to expand their makeup collection =)

katiec103
2/12/18

I love Ipsy. I love the samples and quality of samples they provide. I even love the bags. They have the most incredible customer service. My bag never arrived and they were very quick to replace it for me. I will always use Ipsy!

amyt116
2/10/18

I'm fairly new to Ipsy, referred by my daughter. My daughter loves it and I so far love it too. I had questions to the company about my daughters referral link that I forgot to use and they responded within 24 hours of my inquiry. Plus, after speaking with my daughter they have indeed gave her the points for referring me. I would say that their response time was fairly quick considering how this company has grown and in my opinion is considered GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. I have had no problems with them and I will continue receiving their products.

shenginm
2/1/18

My January bag never arrived, after 5 emails back and forth (took them 3 weeks to reorder) I was told that because I don't live in the continental us it takes longer (I live in seattle)-after 2 years all of a sudden it takes longer and they no longer update tracking? Secondly, customer service cancelled my subscription without my permission (was waiting until after February's bag). Thirdly, I think the samples they are getting must be out of date or expired-a lot of the lipsticks and glosses I got tasted old I updated my profile to not get them anymore and threw them out. Going to try birchbox.

cassandrac13
2/1/18

As part of a New Year's resolution I decided to join the subscription club ipsy.com . It sounded like a great bargain. I decided to splurge and go for the 1 year plan which was 110.00 for the entire year and I would receive 1 "Glam Bag" every month.
The very second I hit subscribe and entered my payment information I was notified that I would be placed on a wait list unless I announced my decision on all kinds of social media sites. I was a little peeved. I was not told about the wait list situation until after I had confirmed my subscription.
I thought it over for a day and then decided to contact customer service to see about cancelling my spot on the wait list and to delete my account and payment info. I was assured by a representative that I had been removed and that everything was taken care of.
The first of February I was charged 110.00! I got on the website and found that my account was still active. I immediately cancelled my subscription with would auto renew next year. (This method of cancelling was not an option while on the wait list. I had to contact a customer service member to be removed. )

So after all is said and done... I've been charged 110.00 after asking to be removed. This "Glam Bag" had better be worth it.

This is to warn anyone considering ipsy.com that there is a wait list and be 100% sure you want their service because cancelling isn't guaranteed.

kellyc204
1/29/18

I really do look forward to my ipsy delivery every month I have gotten a few things that are not my style, lipsticks and a few eye shadows but for the most part it's brought me a ton of things I would never have tried on my own. Plus I love giving the colors that don't work to my friends

kristiep10
1/19/18

Ipsy-I am so so very disappointed in January 2018 Glam Bag this month!! The lip color you sent was awful-Pumpkin colored! And, no samples sent!

ellieb28
1/12/18

They send out a pretty decent variety of products, though it doesn't always match your profile. What helps more than your profile are your reviews; if you always rate liquid lipsticks pretty high they will probably send them pretty often, for example.

The thing I like about ipsy is that it's a good way to try out different brands/products/formulas. There's a mix of drugstore brands like NYX, higher-end brands (though these are more often sample or deluxe sample size rather than full size) and indie brands like colourpop. I've gotten things I wouldn't have bought (or even heard of) otherwise that I ended up loving. And even if I get a dud item now and then it's only $10 per month with a product value a lot higher than that, plus cute makeup bags.

sp638
1/9/18

I first joined Ipsy maybe around 2014 and I wasn't aware that there was a waitlist. If they don't have any spots open, you'll be waitlisted. However I always found this really strange because there have been opportunities since then to "skip the line" and just sign up. A few months ago a friend of mine tried to sign up and was waitlisted and I signed up in December for January 2018's bag and while she is still on the waitlist, I've been sent a confirmation that I'll be getting a glam bag this month.

In my opinion, these bags don't really seem to customized. I don't have a problem with that since I have a sister and some friends I can pass on whatever I'm not into, onto. If you're looking for them to send you just skincare, just neutral colors, or just a very specific thing, then this may not be for you.

In my experience, cancelling has been easy to do.You just go online and contact the Ipsy Care team.

They do have points you can redeem for things but those points expire after a certain amount of time. They also host giveaways that you can ente just be sure to check the page often so you know when they're posted because they tend to end pretty quickly after about a week.

To sum it all up, you may be contacting the Ipsy Care team quite a bit but they'll always try to make you happy. It feels like the bags are actually just random. I think I would only recommend this to people who want to explore beauty products and are on a bit of a budget. A great alternative to this would be the Play! by Sephora box which is priced the same as this.

beckyb64
12/25/17

First, don't believe the hype about their beauty profile or glam bag customization. It just doesn't work that way. My family at one point had three separate ipsy subscriptions and to date not one has in any way consistently reflected the questions answered on the beauty profile. I expressed interest in a decent range of products, but specifically excluded a few things (eyeliner, for instance...or foundation, because I have a hard-to-match complexion) and yet it's guaranteed in every single bag at least 3 (usually 4) out of 5 items will be something I specifically excluded. I almost NEVER receive items I checked, even when I write to customer support to request them. I also consistently requested only neutral colors for the items I actually checked, yet my color preferences are NEVER - and I mean NEVER - honored. EVER. In the past few months I've received bright red or orange lipsticks, rainbow colored eyeliners, ridiculously brightly colored shimmery eyeshadows...and all this when I've practically begged over and over in my reviews for them to send only neutral colors. It isn't as if I didn't check enough under the profile to give them a choice of other items to send. They don't pay the slightest attention to that profile or to reviews. What's the point in having the quiz if you're not going to honor it, ipsy? It's a waste of your customers' time and money, and a waste for the brands you're promoting, too, if you're consistently wasting marketing opportunities by sending samples to people who simply aren't interested.

I would also like to mention that there are websites out there that appear to have some sort of agreement with ipsy not to publish a lot of negative reviews and to skew any reviews that appear on the site positively. There is one site in particular - a very popular site dedicated to subscription box reviews and spoilers - that has time and time again either deleted comments I've written or failed to post them. If you write a favorable review it will be immediately published, but if it contains certain negative words or phrases, no matter how innocuous, it will be flagged for review, and half the time will never post in the comments section. Ipsy is the only company I've experienced this with on any review site.

lisao62
12/21/17

I have done many, many monthly subscriptions and this one is hands down the worse. I subscribed for a 3 month subscription and after paying my page suddenly said I was on a wait list BUT I can skip it if I share their site on social media. Uh. . . no! THAT wasn't part of signing up. I just paid and nowhere did it say there was a wait list prior to paying nor they would hold my membership hijacked unless I shared or wait out the wait list. I e-mailed them and said there was nothing stating the wait list prior to paying and they reassured me my box will be sent sometime next month (of course no date given). I said I'm not waiting over a month for something to be sent out when I just paid in full and I'm not sharing their site until I get the boxes to see if I like it or not. If I'm on a wait list I wanted to cancel then suddenly I get an e-mail stating there isn't a wait list for 24 hours starting on Dec. 18th. I contacted customer service again saying if I can do that then keep my subscription. No response. I e-mailed back after another day and said I'm very confused as to what is going on with my account. The employee told me that the that offer ended on the 14th. I sent him a snap shop of the e-mail and now I'm done. Way too confusing, unprofessional, bad communication, no phone number to call. Definitely buyer beware.

shannonb103
Shannon B.
12/12/17

I have been trying to cancel this subscription because two months in a row my bag got "lost". They said they were going to send a replacement and that got "lost" in the mail too. They will not refund the money at all. TERRIBLE don't do it.

diam101
12/10/17

Always used to get so excited when an ipsy bag would arrive! It was a really nice surprise when I would get one.. but i had to cancel because it was too expensive.. I could afford it - but I just couldnt justify what I was spending for what I was getting.

sherryo12
12/7/17

Please, no one waste their time or money on this hack service. It really sounds like a neat idea ... except it's a scam. I joined Ipsy 3 years ago but only recently signed up for the Glam Bag subscription. Mistake! I received my supposed shipping label for my November glam bag for tracking purposes, but it either never shipped or was lost, because the shipping information never updated and Ipsy couldn't explain what had happened to it. But instead of solving my problem, their customer service chastised me for sending more than one response while trying to solve THEIR problem! So now I'm out the November bag, just in time for the December one to ship. Also, word to those disgruntled as I: It will take about 7 steps to cancel your subscription, and even then you're not cancelled till you accept their automated email. Such a disappointment, as I heard many good things ... guess you really can't believe everything you hear.

jasminm6
10/25/17

Ipsy send me an email, responding to my letter asking them about their position on cosmetic animal testing and cruelty free products, saying that some of their products are not cruelty free.

In conclusion Ipsy supports animal cruelty for cosmetic use.

donaldk46
10/21/17

My girls looked forward to their Ipsy boxes every month. Made for a great Xmas/BD present. Until my Credit card changed. Ipsy does NOT accept customer service calls. Couldn't remember login and just wanted to update my CC info. Don't think it is wise to deal with a company that cares so little that you can't even talk to a person.

melissat79
10/14/17

I order my first bag this month, and Im extremely annoyed about the outcome. Before I received my bag, I took the time and marked the products that I like and the products I dont like. Before my bag arrived I received a notification from the Ipsy app with the products I was going to received. I was supposed to get a sample of urban decay eyeliner, a blush, eyeshadow, and a makeup forever foundation sample. I clearly marked that I didnt want eyeliners especially black, they didnt bother to take this into consideration and sent one anyways. The eyeshadow was ok but it was Dollar store quality from a brand I never heard of in my life. The foundation sample I was supposed to received was missing, but what pissed me off the most was the blush I received. I clearly marked that I dont like pink blush, and of course I received a pink blush. The quality of this blush pushed of the edge, it was chalky and it looked horrible on, it did not blend at all. This blush looked like fake makeup you give to little kids to play with. I immediately cancel my subscription after this and started to look elsewhere. At the end of the day I pay $10 for a hideous makeup bag and little bags of powder cleanser. Ipsy is not worth it. Save you money and go elsewhere or just go to sephora and ask for samples. This subscription is overpriced and its disrespectful that they will send items that you told them you didnt want.

kandyser
9/7/17

I skipped my September glam bag because I was short on money, I got the email confirming I had cancelled it, but I still got billed. Complete BS.

tapplew
9/2/17

Im just getting into makeup and I wanted something that would introduce me to good and high end makeup. I got my first bag In August and I was disappointed. Even my mom said you can take 10 dollars and buy what you acutely want in walmart lol.

Supposedly after leaving reviews they will then be able to personalize my bag for this month. I received a curl cream for my hair, but I don't wear my hair out so thats not something I consider useful. A bottle of nail polish thats vegan but I have tons of nail polish already. Eye shadow that was too dark and blended into my skin. Mascara that wasn't too bad. Over all my favorite was the Mascara because of the brush. Nothing to spectacular.

I took an assessment test for them to match my products but that seemed to be a waste of time if they don't pay attention to it.

Ill see what happens this month, if Im still not wowed Ill be canceling my membership.

louisec84
9/2/17

Ipsy please stop charging my credit card and not sending me products there's a word for that also I sent you a email 5 days ago you sent me back an email that someone from customer service will be in touch with me within 24 hours that didn't happen either

I find that many months will have full sized products, which add up to at least $35-50 worth. I live in the US and it's $10/month including shipping. This also includes 5 products and a cute bag. Before receiving any samples, you'll take a quiz on your makeup style. With taking the quiz, you'll get makeup that you'll likely use and have the option of reviewing each product each month to see if you want to continue the same makeup in the future. I hope this helps Cayenne! :)

By Courtney M.

Rosi, I have been a subscriber for several months. They send samples of many different brands but not Lime Crime. Here are some of the brands: City Color, trestique, NYX, Luxie brushes, Pacifica, star looks, Bella Pierre, Dermelect, be a bombshell, dls, hey honey, Marc Anthony, Eva nyc, MOR hand creme, Clarks botanicals, Avance, epice, belif creme, REN creme, and peek, and Trust Fund. During the ten months I have been a subscriber, I have only received a handful of high end makeup samples: the Balm, tarte, and smashbox. Some people love ipsy, but my experience has shown me that a lot of times they send me products that I don't like or ones that don't match my "beauty profile". So I will probably cancel soon. The products are not counterfeit, though. If I were you, I would not subscribe to ipsy. Hope that helps! -Heather

By Heather A.

To cancel your subscription, please log in to ipsy.com and click on your profile picture in the upper right corner, then go to the "Subscriptions & Purchases" section to find the cancel button. Youll receive a confirmation via email, so just make sure you're still logged into your account when you open that email and click the link inside to finalize your cancellation. If you have any trouble at all, just email support@ipsy.com and we'd be happy to assist!

By Kaila B., ipsy Representative

If you call them on it and object, the waitlist magically disappears .

By Lisa C.

I do think they pay attention to the different profiles, my daughter and I are different and we are getting the things we each like. I think I it's very worth it I love it,

By Laura M.

Hi Lorenia! Good news-- it looks like you were already upgraded from the Waitlist, and are all set to receive your December Glam Bag. It's already being prepped for shipment. We hope you love it! Ashley, Please don't cancel in hopes of getting bumped up! We organize the Waitlist by the date you subscribed, not by cancellation requests. However, if you ever have a friend or family member who wants to secure their spot, they can contact ipsyCare at support@ipsy.com.

By Kaila B., ipsy Representative

Same here. There's no number to call you have to email them and wait for someone to respond. I'm still waiting.

By Crystal P.

You won't get the bag for the month you subscribe (July) - your first bag should be the August bag. Eventually, they start charging on the first, I think. The date the bags come isn't set. My first came about the 11th of September. Some people get their bags far later in the month - especially if they requested a specific sample.

By Jennifer R.

If you subscribed in March, you will not get the March bag. Your first bag would be the April bag. You don't get the bag of the month you subscribe in.

By Jennifer R.

Good Luck. Not gonna happen. Disgusting

By Ann U.
Questions? Get answers from the ipsy staff and other customers.

3 Photos for ipsy