Review of ipsy

Tel: 888-769-4526
support@ipsy.com

alexad19
11/2/18

I was so disappointed by my first (and now last) glam bag! The cosmetic bag was ugly. The samples were very tiny. Two of the items didn't match my profile. Only one was a brand I knew. I don't mind an occasional unknown brand, but not 4 out of 5! Even if I'd liked every item, the whole thing was not worth $10. I watched a lot of videos about ipsy and am convinced all the positive reviews were paid and they received a bag much nicer than what you really get!

jillianm29
11/2/18

I love everything I get from the ipsy bag!
I get the best products. I love all the products I receive. Love it! I want more! I'm obsessed

deanad10
10/30/18

I accepted the email offer from Ipsy to start receiving glam bags. They billed my credit card immediately, THEN the message on my screen read 'You are now on our waiting list...' They have my money right now. I have no idea how long this "waiting list' is. Oh, they did state that I could jump to the front of the line by giving them access to my Facebook to post to my friends. What a rip off! Are there any class lawsuits against them for this? There certainly should be. What they did was a downright crooked, fraudulent offer. No word...not one stinking word about 'waiting list' before taking payment. No word either about how long this waiting list is before I get what I paid for.

fredd7
10/28/18

Showing your ipsy plus with super expensive items then say it was only sent to influancers but we get the cheap non branded products is a scam. You made me re subscribe to get a box that was an example of what I can get yet not ONE ipsy member got other then influancers.... why is there no class action against ipsy already?

jenv22
10/22/18

This is just one if my multiple bad experiences with ipsy.I'm curious if anything like this has happened to anyone else with Ipsy. I had a $5 ipsy Cash and decided to purchase one of their daily offers. I then got an email last night stating they canceled my order and wouldn't be refunding the $5 ipsy cash. I emailed them of course to try to figure out what happened... their response was that it was flagged as a fraudulent / unusual charge. I even called my cc company to make sure it wasn't from their end which is wasn't. It also isn't a new card, it's the same one I always use with ipsy. I'm beyond frustrated and to me it seems like they didn't want to honor the $5 ipsy cash. I haven't made an unusual amount of purchases from them either. I usually get something once a month if that. Has anyone else had an experience like this. I'm so frustrated, I don't know if there is anything else I can do. Also if it was flagged why not contact me personally before canceling my order?!? *UPDATE* I'm really in shock right now. So basically when I pushed further to find out what the reason was for them flagging & canceling my order for being fraudulent their response was basically due to their company policy that they couldn't release the information.... it's my account WTH! I even responded that to them & this was their response

"As my colleague mentioned, your order was deemed fraudulent per our internal checks at ipsy; I'm sorry that I'm unable to share further info. "
I'm seriously almost to the point of canceling both of my subs from them.

biancar21
10/22/18

Never really had problems with Ipsy before other than the fact you travel size samples that don't always fit your beauty profile and by the way I don't know why they have it on there if they don't care to substitute it with your monthly bags. You can get something from Ipsy and doesn't match your skin tone at all, but as nice concern person I would save your money and don't spend it on monthly beauty boxes like Ipsy, boxycharm etc. they're money hungry and don't care about their customers sad to say. I was looking forward to my November bag this month from Ipsy, the estimate delivery time was longer than usual. So I thought it was because of the hurricane but their facility is no where close to the hurricane. After it left it went to Kentucky postal service sat there for about about 5 days I have no clue why, finally it got to Melrose, Illinois and now it's been sitting there going on 5 days. The estimate delivery time said from 17-19 the 19th the latest. Today is the 22nd and had yet to leave the postal service. I emailed Ipsy and they were no help they said they can't do anything about it and they don't do refunds either they said they would send me another bag AFTER 45 days when it was suppose to be shipped. Yes 45 days you have to wait and that's even if the bag makes to my house the second time. I emailed the postal service and they yet to contact me, in the first email I sent to Ipsy they asked me to respond if I wanted a new tracking number so I can track it through there and if I want to cancel my subscription I replied and said yes I want to cancel and yes I want my new tracking number, and guess what they have yet to reply. I sent them another email requesting them to cancel my subscription. I'm not letting them take more money out my card, I find it stupid and unbussines like that you have to email them and request them to cancel your subscription and the fact they get back to you late by then they'll taken money out your card. I beg you all don't waste your money on these beauty monthly bags. Spend the extra money for beauty products at least you're guaranteed to get them whereas you're not when you're trying these monthly subscriptions. Your 10 dollars can go towards something better trust me.

jayj163
9/20/18

The glam bag was always on time and very cute. Both my daughter and I were able to share the items and try out various things. She was able to discover foundation, lotion, and lip glosses that she really liked. I found a killer eye liner I love. It has been a fun way to let her experiment with products at much reduced costs, do something fun together, and find products we might not otherwise try at the full size-full price option. I think THIS is really where ipsy shines. We did monthly for 4 months and now do every other month (purely do to budgeting reasons, not because we were unhappy with the products). I would and HAVE recommending IPSY to other moms of teens for this very reason. It's a great value with walmart prices for sample items of name brands products (one sample lotion lasted over a month and we will definitely buy the full size!)

clarar37
9/18/18

Get more samples buy signing up during your birthday month. Ive received a few full sized products in my ipsy bag

kathyg212
9/10/18

This is a nice place for to try out some makeup fragrance skin care and other sample size things it bills you once a month it's grest if you don't want full size it's for us that want to sample first it's alwsys 10.00 a month

arianam20
8/30/18

Ipsy often asks you to review your bags so that they can improve their next bag more for you to your liking. However, I feel like the information you enter is never taken into consideration. I've received so many products that I've expressed I do not like or use and I still continue to receive them. Plus some of the products are ridiculously small.

shanal15
8/29/18

been subscribed to ipsy for 2 years and we've had our ups and downs but I'm DONE. Glam bag didn't come this month so I emailed them and the rep got back to me and said it was because I moved. That's certainly news to me. I corrected them and say no I did not move and they didn't listen to me because apparently they're hell bent on telling me how to live my life. So according to the great know all, see all, ispyCare people, I've moved. Fancy being told by other people what you're doing with your life! Still no bag btw.

apriln19
8/28/18

I have faithfully received my ipsy bag since 2014. It took me a while to realize how to utilize the account to make the selections more to products i would like. Ipsy is not a scam and does not just send cheap products. If you receive products you have never heard of that is because there are millions of different companies making products and some may be new, that does not make them bad. If you take time to do your monthly review of ipsy items then your bag will become more and more personalized. If you change your preferences under your account so often you can change up what you receive and if you pick only a few stores from which you normally buy cosmetics that to can limit the types of products you received. The people giving ipsy bad reviews need to realize what you are getting for 10 bucks has included shipping, let alone some of the makeup brushes you can receive are way more than 10 dollars in a beauty store. You just have to do your homework an shape Your profile to fit what you want. I change my preference every few months and it works great, the items i occasionally get that i may not need i donate or use to make gifts.

af81
8/22/18

I look forward to receiving my bag each month. I like the fact that if you don't really care for an item you received, you can review it online within your account and ispy will adjust your future items. I also enjoy that they are smaller sizes that way you can get a feel for whether or not you would like to purchase a normal sized product in the future.

I just recently moved and updated my address on my account so my August bag would ship to my new address. Apparently I updated the billing address, not the shipping, so it sent to my old address. After not having received it, I emailed ispy customer service and they got back to me the very next morning. The individual explained the situation, and offered to reissue my August bag free of charge and send it to my new address. They were quick, responsive, and caring. I would highly recommend!

deborahl176
8/14/18

Most of the brands I've never heard of and they are essentially sample sizes..They tend to ship lower end items like NYX and other cheap drugstore cosmetics.. I don't think it's worth $120 a year.. FabFitFun is $49 every 3 months and you're guaranteed to get around 8 full size higher end items..Also Boxycharm is $21.00 a month and you are guaranteed $100 plus worth of items (just this past month I got a full size Smashbox lipstick from Boxycharm). I do think the bags are cute that Ipsy sends, other than that, I just don't think a mystery bag of junk samples is worth my time or money.

nikkip48
8/13/18

Honestly, there are so many other subscription boxes out there for makeup. Ipsy gives you indie brands that you've never even heard of, small sample sizes. They also don't seem to use the preferences that you set. I had it for 2 months, hated both months. I subscribe to Boxycharm and have been a subscriber for almost 3 years, it's WAY better.. more bang for your buck in my opinion

kimt198
8/13/18

I have never written a bad review until now, IPSY is the worst. I was so excited to get my first glam bag and then when it finally came I was so disappointed,The things I got I didn't even mark I liked .So I called them and they said I received the items due to a questionnaire I filled out, if that were true then they went against everything I liked, its not worth the 10 dollars or the headache I say use your money for a Walmart beauty box they are so much better.

erins149
8/7/18

i have been an ipsy user for two years- sometimes i don't like what's in my bags but usually i grow to love the items or i review the things i don't like and they never show up again in my bags!

dianal127
8/7/18

I have received 2 glam bags now and the products they offer are excellent and I received them in less than a week !!

emilyb241
8/6/18

The website says things are personalized but my profile says I have red hair and fair skin but they gave me very dark mascara. I didnt want blush either but I ended up getting it anyways but i can use it as eyeshadow or something.

joycea70
8/4/18

They are a rip off, fake , a scam and I been a member since June 2018 signed up waited for my July bag never got it, I tried looking for a ipsy toll free number, never found one. So I emailed them got a response they said my July bag was on it's way, no bag. I had to proceed by telling them if they didn't get my bag to me that I would consult with my lawyer, Ok .. so then I finally got August glam bag but still no july... continued emailing them no response. . No this morning September 1st. They are quick to take their payment for September but I still haven't received my july's glam bag. I will file a lawsuit against this fake ,scamming ass site. Ladies be aware they to will get you. I even tried canceling my subscription. . Have you all had any luck????!! Please let me know. Thanks very disatisfied customer / customers.

alic53
7/31/18

I signed up, with credit card to find out there's a waiting list. Doesn't say anything clearly about that until you put your card info in. Saw that, immediately asked to CANCEL my membership and not be charged. Representative emails me back, which I don't see until my card is charged a week later saying she moved me off the waiting list, which I DID NOT ASK FOR and charged my card anyways.

cheyannec3
7/9/18

I ordered a Mac makeup primer about a month ago. I was never given a tracking number or any update on my package other than shipped. I waited for over 2 weeks till I checked again and it said delivered. I never received my package. I wrote customer service and they were anything BUT helpful. They refuse to refund you or do anything other than auto respond. They basically stole 25 dollars from me. I canceled my glam bag and will never be using Ipsy again.

alexisc79
7/5/18

I have enjoyed Ipsy for the most part, besides the few times I have received concealer that is meant for a woman of colour and I am nowhere NEAR that shade....it's a little annoying for stuff like that. I want to be able to at least try the products, but if you send me the wrong colours, I can't. About 6 months ago, might have been even more than that I changed my preferences to no lipsticks, and no tools/brushes. I receive a brush almost every bag and I used to like it, but I have waaaayyy too many now. In the last 6-8 months I have received a lipstick and eye shadow brush EVERY MONTH. They clearly do not pay attention to your preferences.

micahs14
7/5/18

My bag took 2 weeks to arrive! Plus, it came days past the end of the month. I did like what I received for the most part though.

kendrac16
6/28/18

I joined Ipsy awhile ago and I will say my only negative is I have over 50 bags that I might never use (the cute bags all your items are sent in)
First you take a quiz which helps them decide what to send you and I'm not a fan of certain things so I checked those boxes of not interested. At any time I wish to change my mind I can go into my account and update it. I did state I love nail polish and every bag I'm getting nail polish!! I get a cute bag with 5 items inside you get at least 2 full size products! The price of $10 is a steal! I've added some of my bags up and they have been over $30. I love that I control what I get I asked for no hair care products (since I'm dealing with some health issues and on strict hair care items from doctors) and they don't send any hair items. I also said I'm into lip gloss/stick and nail polish and my bags include those.
For $10 a custom bag that's easier and cheaper than ordering a meal that mostly the fast food place would mess up!! Plus you'll gain 5lbs of fat and guilt lol

I find that many months will have full sized products, which add up to at least $35-50 worth. I live in the US and it's $10/month including shipping. This also includes 5 products and a cute bag. Before receiving any samples, you'll take a quiz on your makeup style. With taking the quiz, you'll get makeup that you'll likely use and have the option of reviewing each product each month to see if you want to continue the same makeup in the future. I hope this helps Cayenne! :)

By Courtney M.

To cancel your subscription, please log in to ipsy.com and click on your profile picture in the upper right corner, then go to the "Subscriptions & Purchases" section to find the cancel button. Youll receive a confirmation via email, so just make sure you're still logged into your account when you open that email and click the link inside to finalize your cancellation. If you have any trouble at all, just email support@ipsy.com and we'd be happy to assist!

By Kaila B., ipsy Representative

Rosi, I have been a subscriber for several months. They send samples of many different brands but not Lime Crime. Here are some of the brands: City Color, trestique, NYX, Luxie brushes, Pacifica, star looks, Bella Pierre, Dermelect, be a bombshell, dls, hey honey, Marc Anthony, Eva nyc, MOR hand creme, Clarks botanicals, Avance, epice, belif creme, REN creme, and peek, and Trust Fund. During the ten months I have been a subscriber, I have only received a handful of high end makeup samples: the Balm, tarte, and smashbox. Some people love ipsy, but my experience has shown me that a lot of times they send me products that I don't like or ones that don't match my "beauty profile". So I will probably cancel soon. The products are not counterfeit, though. If I were you, I would not subscribe to ipsy. Hope that helps! -Heather

By Heather A.

We offer email support (help.ipsy.com), but if you'd prefer to call, you can leave a voicemail at (888) 769-4526 and a representative will call you back as soon as possible!

By Kaila B., ipsy Representative

If you call them on it and object, the waitlist magically disappears .

By Lisa C.

I do think they pay attention to the different profiles, my daughter and I are different and we are getting the things we each like. I think I it's very worth it I love it,

By Laura M.

Hi Lorenia! Good news-- it looks like you were already upgraded from the Waitlist, and are all set to receive your December Glam Bag. It's already being prepped for shipment. We hope you love it! Ashley, Please don't cancel in hopes of getting bumped up! We organize the Waitlist by the date you subscribed, not by cancellation requests. However, if you ever have a friend or family member who wants to secure their spot, they can contact ipsyCare at support@ipsy.com.

By Kaila B., ipsy Representative

I'm having a very similar issue. The site tells me that my email and password don't match and after I tried to retrieve my password it never sent me an email. I would recommend emailing support@ipsy.com for help

By Kissy K.

I'm 57 and I love everything I get. I use most of it and what I don't use I give to my friends. I use all the bags they give you for organizing things like coupons, meds, make-up (of course!), postage stamps and bank deposit slips. Sign up!!

By lucy f.

I have a new card and would like to rectify the problem

By Fredia W.
Questions? Get answers from the ipsy staff and other customers.

3 Photos for ipsy