Review of ipsy

Tel: 888-769-4526
support@ipsy.com

cindym397
2/13/19

If there was a zeo, they would receive a zero! I ordered my first Glam bag on Jan. 16th, 2019 and they quickly took $10.65 for it at that time. It is now almost a month later and still have never recived my Glam bag. I tried logging into my acct on ipsy and everyway i tried to enter my acct was not allowed. I then went to twitter @ipsycare and 3 times started a conversation and never got any replies from them. I want my money back and this account canceled immediately!! (If i can ever get in touch with them!) i dont have a photo of anything (except an empty mailbox)

mildredd18
2/2/19

Your company took $113.00 out of my account when I was told it would be TEN DOLLARS.You caused my account to come up SHORT.Now you have caused me late fees on my other accounts which are taken out the FIRST OF THE MONTH.I am on a FIXED INCOME,SO AFTER I READ TEN DOLLARS A MONTH,THAT AMOUNT COULD FIT INTO MY BUDGET.I WILL NEVER TRUST YOU AGAIN.IF I HAD KNOWN THIS IS HOW IPSY OPERATE THERE IS NO WAY I WOULD HAVE TRUSTED YOUR COMPANY.THANKS #BUT NO THANKS>I NEED AND WANT MY MONEY PUT BACK IN MY ACCOUNT.MILDRED DAVIDSON>mildredzoe05@gmail.com

lauram654
1/26/19

I never received my December bag. I was told they'd send a replacement. I followed up twice initially over two weeks after my promised tracking code never came. After 3 wks and no codes and no bag tried contacting them again. Sent about 5 emails over a couple of weeks which were never answered (tho they say expect an answer within 24 hours) and 2 tweets and one DM. Totally ignored. The best? They have no telephone customer support because they say they don't need it since they handle everything best via social media and email. How awful for customers to have to chase them down for help. They are fine if they choose to answer you. If not? You have no recourse. Choose a different subscription box. There are too many with better products and better customer service.

alissat5
1/20/19

I am pretty happy with the products I receive every month from ipsy. They are pretty aligned with what my preferences are; a lot of brands I dont recognize but some I do and overall good quality still. I actually like when I get things I wouldnt usually choose because I'm so stuck in my ways; I use this service to broaden my makeup pallette a little.

I am very pleased with the customer service (I was helped by Santi). Although it was no fault of theirs really, but some mishap with where I was living, moving, and delaying in shipping, I didnt receive this month's bag. After using the online form to contact customer service, I got a reply back within 24 hours as promised on the site with a new bag promised for my new location!

I was worried about lack of a phone line to contact them but responsive!

tracyt109
1/18/19

a company in which you write for any problem and do not last two hours to answer and solve your problem in a friendly and professional way do everything possible to solve any type of problem.

kendalls41
1/8/19

I signed up 1/1/2019 and $10 was taken from my account. I checked my app every day excited to see what would be in my bag, but nothing changed and it kept telling me to check back 1/2/2019. Fast forward to today, 1/8/2019, and it's now saying that I will not receive a January bag because either my payment could not be processed, my account is on pause, I'm on an every-other-month plan or I signed up after bags were assembled. I checked my account and it is not on pause and it was, in fact, a monthly subscription. I checked my bank account and the $10 was taken. According to FAQ's glam bags are made in the middle of the month, so I didn't miss the bag assembly date. It's still unknown to me why I'm not receiving the bag I paid for. I've emailed Ipsy regarding this (their only form of communication, btw), but based on other people's experiences on here I'm not sure when or if I will be hearing back. I originally emailed intending to get my bag, now I'm contacting them intending on getting a refund for the $10 they took without providing their services. It just sucks because I've been wanting to sign up for some kind of make up box for years, and finally this year, after rarely treating myself to stuff like this, I decided to take the plunge on ipsy and they screwed me over the very first month. I certainly will not recommend this service to any of my friends and am extremely disappointed that this is my first and only experience with a subscription box. Needless to say, I won't be making this mistake again.

lesleyj11
1/3/19

Hi, I'm here today to give a review for Ipsy, a company I once highly recommended but has now severely let me,as well as many of my friends, down.
I have subscribed to this company for about 8 months now and it has had its ups and downs. On the pro side, I do like the opportunity to try new products, but on the con side, I find that I often don't get products that are a good match for me.
For those that are unfamiliar with Ipsy, as part of thier business model, this company "matches" you with 5 beauty items per month that they think you will like. They gather this information from a profile you help build by answering questions filling out "beauty preferences" on an account on thier site. Basically, if you would like to receive a certain type of item (mascara, lip stick, leave-in conditioner, etc.) you tick a box. If you do not want to receive a certain type of item, you don't tick the box for that item. You also tick boxes for certain colour schemes you might like as well. Anyhow, from an assortment of items, based on your selection you receive items that should be a match. Now, the problem with this is that this company is very misleading. They lead you to believe that if you don't want an item, you won't get it, and this is not the case. As someone who has worked in customer service for a long time in the past, I know it is important to listen to the customer. If someone says they do not want something, then you do not sell it to them, that is honestly the easiest part. It really helps narrow thins down if you already know what someone doesn't want. You don't give them those things, you focus on what they do want. Over the last couple of months especially, I have noticed that I have received things that I had down as things I didn't want. I noticed my friends saying for some time that this is something that's been happening to them too. I thought that this was happening in error, but after sending an email about it I was informed by an Ipsy customer service agent that you may still receive items even if your beauty profile does not have that item selected. How is this "matching" someone with items they will enjoy? If I have a ton of make up brushes and dont need anymore, and I put that I don't want make up brushes, how is a make up brush a good match for me? (I have it set that I don't want make-up brushes" and I have received them twice now).
Also, this may seem of much lesser importance, but this company also says they will base your matches off of reviews. I leave reviews for each product each month and I have stated 3 times now that though I love liquid liner, I don't like eye pencils and can't use them. They haven't listened once to this. In fact, just last month they sent me an eye pencil, I reviewed to say I don't like eye pencils, and this month they sent me another eye pencil! They typically have about 20 to 30 item choices they could send out per month, and they sent me another eye pencil! Even if I liked eye pencils, sending 2 almost identical eye pencils in a row is not something I, or most people would like.
Also not as importantly, but as part of the accumulation of my bitter feelings, I finally was set to get a lip gloss in a shade that I thought I would like (I have received quite a few lip colours and they are either really pale or really dark, I keep reviewing to say that I would love a dusty pink or every day red) but as it turns out, instead of sending me the colour they said they were sending me, I received a hot pink which is something most people would never use. Very disappointing when I was looking forward to the nice colour I was supposed to get. This may seem picky, but after 8 months of receiving bags, and having my beauty settings set very specifically, and with reviewing every item, it is pretty easy to become frustrated when it appears that no one is bothering to look at my preferences. And now I've been told via email that even if you don't want something you could get it anyhow? That's just poor customer service. If this were for free samples, this would be fine, but I am paying for these items, also, what is the sense of having a beauty preferences profile if no one is going to look at it?
In my email I requested a simple solution for now. Since I don't like eye pencils and have said this many times and just received 2
in a row, I asked if they could switch the eye pencil for this month with a liquid eye liner. The bags have not gone out yet and there's is a liquid eye liner as one of the choices for this month. This would be a simple fix for a frustrated customer who is considering cancelling, but I was told no. You might think "well,maybe there is 2 sides of the story" well, I suppose there is, but if you asked someone 3 times not to send you something and they kept on doing it, I really think you would feel the same. You would probably also want a solution to the problem, and you would probably also think a simple switch would be an easy fix and would at least show you as the customer that the company was listening and trying to help.
Also, as a warning, a friend of mine who I referred to Ipsy, was just telling me that she decided to take the option to "hold" her subscription. She didn't realize the hold was only for one month (must be in the fine print) until she was recently billed. She went to check on which items she would be receiving and discovered that they were all mostly things that she had set on her preferences that she didn't want, so she didn't even have the consolation that she was getting things she wanted or needed. So please be careful with "holding" your subscription, it is only for a month. She told me she would be cancelling now after the experience. As for myself, I saved up enough points over many months to redeem a free item through thier points program, and after I receive it I will be cancelling as well. I feel bad now for referring my friend. Overall, if you expect this to be a company that will listen to your concerns or take your profile into consideration for matches then you might be sorely mistaken.

brandyn14
12/31/18

I love this company. Some complain that some items they get aren't through their beauty profile, but if you play with your beauty profile every month and also do the questionnaire about improving your glam bag products, I feel it does improve what you get. Every month my ipsy glam bag keeps getting better for me. Plus also this subscription is cheap, so if you are a beginner at make-up or you can't afford a lot of make-up, then this would be a good company to go with

dianao50
12/26/18

Hello Everyone,

I signed up for IPSY as a member because they had great prices on my favourite brand Farmacy. However when I tried to order my products I kept getting this shipping address is invalid. When I tried to reach out to customer support they told me no worries your beauty bag will be delivered. However when I tried to email them back telling them that I was inquiring about the items in my cart and not the beauty bag they did not email me back. Obviously their focus is to get you to join as a member for the initial month payment. I am so disappointed I was so excited.

jaimer17
12/11/18

I really love getting my monthly ipsy bag! It has been over a year now. It's a great way for me to try out products, it's only $10, and I can change my preferences as needed. I have discovered some great skin care products and makeup that I would have never tried otherwise!

dawna97
12/10/18

I just want to say that ipsy customer service is amazing!! Anytime i email them i always get a quick response , and any problems I've had with products or shipping have always been resolved without a doubt!! I gotta say that's a huge reason why i continue with my subscription, because not only are the products always amazing but they care about customer satisfaction!! No matter what the issue has been I've always been satisfied , i wish all companies understood what it really means to a customer to always have outstanding customer service!! Ipsy sure does 100%!!! Thanks ipsy!!!!

Tip for consumers: I just want to say to current and future ipsy customers, if you ever have a problem with anything like shipping, products, missing items, or just anything..please don't hesitate emailing ipsy because they will be there to help you and make it right..i haven't ever had a bad customer service representative, and they have always left me satisfied!!

billayk
12/7/18

great bags I usually like 4 of my 5 products. I loved when the bags were designed with some theme in mind, now about 6/12 bags are really spectacular.

debraa100
12/5/18

I didn't even want to give 1 star! I haven't received a bag since APRIL yet, they still charge me every month!! I have called several times, with ZERO response!! They say to email them, yet there is no email listed anywhere! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!!!! If they don't want people to cancel, maybe they should have a better way to contact them with issues!!!

alexad19
11/2/18

I was so disappointed by my first (and now last) glam bag! The cosmetic bag was ugly. The samples were very tiny. Two of the items didn't match my profile. Only one was a brand I knew. I don't mind an occasional unknown brand, but not 4 out of 5! Even if I'd liked every item, the whole thing was not worth $10. I watched a lot of videos about ipsy and am convinced all the positive reviews were paid and they received a bag much nicer than what you really get!

jillianm29
11/2/18

I love everything I get from the ipsy bag!
I get the best products. I love all the products I receive. Love it! I want more! I'm obsessed

deanad10
10/30/18

I accepted the email offer from Ipsy to start receiving glam bags. They billed my credit card immediately, THEN the message on my screen read 'You are now on our waiting list...' They have my money right now. I have no idea how long this "waiting list' is. Oh, they did state that I could jump to the front of the line by giving them access to my Facebook to post to my friends. What a rip off! Are there any class lawsuits against them for this? There certainly should be. What they did was a downright crooked, fraudulent offer. No word...not one stinking word about 'waiting list' before taking payment. No word either about how long this waiting list is before I get what I paid for.

fredd7
10/28/18

Showing your ipsy plus with super expensive items then say it was only sent to influancers but we get the cheap non branded products is a scam. You made me re subscribe to get a box that was an example of what I can get yet not ONE ipsy member got other then influancers.... why is there no class action against ipsy already?

jenv22
10/22/18

This is just one if my multiple bad experiences with ipsy.I'm curious if anything like this has happened to anyone else with Ipsy. I had a $5 ipsy Cash and decided to purchase one of their daily offers. I then got an email last night stating they canceled my order and wouldn't be refunding the $5 ipsy cash. I emailed them of course to try to figure out what happened... their response was that it was flagged as a fraudulent / unusual charge. I even called my cc company to make sure it wasn't from their end which is wasn't. It also isn't a new card, it's the same one I always use with ipsy. I'm beyond frustrated and to me it seems like they didn't want to honor the $5 ipsy cash. I haven't made an unusual amount of purchases from them either. I usually get something once a month if that. Has anyone else had an experience like this. I'm so frustrated, I don't know if there is anything else I can do. Also if it was flagged why not contact me personally before canceling my order?!? *UPDATE* I'm really in shock right now. So basically when I pushed further to find out what the reason was for them flagging & canceling my order for being fraudulent their response was basically due to their company policy that they couldn't release the information.... it's my account WTH! I even responded that to them & this was their response

"As my colleague mentioned, your order was deemed fraudulent per our internal checks at ipsy; I'm sorry that I'm unable to share further info. "
I'm seriously almost to the point of canceling both of my subs from them.

biancar21
10/22/18

Never really had problems with Ipsy before other than the fact you travel size samples that don't always fit your beauty profile and by the way I don't know why they have it on there if they don't care to substitute it with your monthly bags. You can get something from Ipsy and doesn't match your skin tone at all, but as nice concern person I would save your money and don't spend it on monthly beauty boxes like Ipsy, boxycharm etc. they're money hungry and don't care about their customers sad to say. I was looking forward to my November bag this month from Ipsy, the estimate delivery time was longer than usual. So I thought it was because of the hurricane but their facility is no where close to the hurricane. After it left it went to Kentucky postal service sat there for about about 5 days I have no clue why, finally it got to Melrose, Illinois and now it's been sitting there going on 5 days. The estimate delivery time said from 17-19 the 19th the latest. Today is the 22nd and had yet to leave the postal service. I emailed Ipsy and they were no help they said they can't do anything about it and they don't do refunds either they said they would send me another bag AFTER 45 days when it was suppose to be shipped. Yes 45 days you have to wait and that's even if the bag makes to my house the second time. I emailed the postal service and they yet to contact me, in the first email I sent to Ipsy they asked me to respond if I wanted a new tracking number so I can track it through there and if I want to cancel my subscription I replied and said yes I want to cancel and yes I want my new tracking number, and guess what they have yet to reply. I sent them another email requesting them to cancel my subscription. I'm not letting them take more money out my card, I find it stupid and unbussines like that you have to email them and request them to cancel your subscription and the fact they get back to you late by then they'll taken money out your card. I beg you all don't waste your money on these beauty monthly bags. Spend the extra money for beauty products at least you're guaranteed to get them whereas you're not when you're trying these monthly subscriptions. Your 10 dollars can go towards something better trust me.

jayj163
9/20/18

The glam bag was always on time and very cute. Both my daughter and I were able to share the items and try out various things. She was able to discover foundation, lotion, and lip glosses that she really liked. I found a killer eye liner I love. It has been a fun way to let her experiment with products at much reduced costs, do something fun together, and find products we might not otherwise try at the full size-full price option. I think THIS is really where ipsy shines. We did monthly for 4 months and now do every other month (purely do to budgeting reasons, not because we were unhappy with the products). I would and HAVE recommending IPSY to other moms of teens for this very reason. It's a great value with walmart prices for sample items of name brands products (one sample lotion lasted over a month and we will definitely buy the full size!)

clarar37
9/18/18

Get more samples buy signing up during your birthday month. Ive received a few full sized products in my ipsy bag

kathyg212
9/10/18

This is a nice place for to try out some makeup fragrance skin care and other sample size things it bills you once a month it's grest if you don't want full size it's for us that want to sample first it's alwsys 10.00 a month

arianam20
8/30/18

Ipsy often asks you to review your bags so that they can improve their next bag more for you to your liking. However, I feel like the information you enter is never taken into consideration. I've received so many products that I've expressed I do not like or use and I still continue to receive them. Plus some of the products are ridiculously small.

shanal15
8/29/18

been subscribed to ipsy for 2 years and we've had our ups and downs but I'm DONE. Glam bag didn't come this month so I emailed them and the rep got back to me and said it was because I moved. That's certainly news to me. I corrected them and say no I did not move and they didn't listen to me because apparently they're hell bent on telling me how to live my life. So according to the great know all, see all, ispyCare people, I've moved. Fancy being told by other people what you're doing with your life! Still no bag btw.

apriln19
8/28/18

I have faithfully received my ipsy bag since 2014. It took me a while to realize how to utilize the account to make the selections more to products i would like. Ipsy is not a scam and does not just send cheap products. If you receive products you have never heard of that is because there are millions of different companies making products and some may be new, that does not make them bad. If you take time to do your monthly review of ipsy items then your bag will become more and more personalized. If you change your preferences under your account so often you can change up what you receive and if you pick only a few stores from which you normally buy cosmetics that to can limit the types of products you received. The people giving ipsy bad reviews need to realize what you are getting for 10 bucks has included shipping, let alone some of the makeup brushes you can receive are way more than 10 dollars in a beauty store. You just have to do your homework an shape Your profile to fit what you want. I change my preference every few months and it works great, the items i occasionally get that i may not need i donate or use to make gifts.

I find that many months will have full sized products, which add up to at least $35-50 worth. I live in the US and it's $10/month including shipping. This also includes 5 products and a cute bag. Before receiving any samples, you'll take a quiz on your makeup style. With taking the quiz, you'll get makeup that you'll likely use and have the option of reviewing each product each month to see if you want to continue the same makeup in the future. I hope this helps Cayenne! :)

By Courtney M.

To cancel your subscription, please log in to ipsy.com and click on your profile picture in the upper right corner, then go to the "Subscriptions & Purchases" section to find the cancel button. Youll receive a confirmation via email, so just make sure you're still logged into your account when you open that email and click the link inside to finalize your cancellation. If you have any trouble at all, just email support@ipsy.com and we'd be happy to assist!

By Kaila B., ipsy Representative

Rosi, I have been a subscriber for several months. They send samples of many different brands but not Lime Crime. Here are some of the brands: City Color, trestique, NYX, Luxie brushes, Pacifica, star looks, Bella Pierre, Dermelect, be a bombshell, dls, hey honey, Marc Anthony, Eva nyc, MOR hand creme, Clarks botanicals, Avance, epice, belif creme, REN creme, and peek, and Trust Fund. During the ten months I have been a subscriber, I have only received a handful of high end makeup samples: the Balm, tarte, and smashbox. Some people love ipsy, but my experience has shown me that a lot of times they send me products that I don't like or ones that don't match my "beauty profile". So I will probably cancel soon. The products are not counterfeit, though. If I were you, I would not subscribe to ipsy. Hope that helps! -Heather

By Heather A.

I want to cancel ipsy but my password doesnt work.

By Karen T.

We offer email support (help.ipsy.com), but if you'd prefer to call, you can leave a voicemail at (888) 769-4526 and a representative will call you back as soon as possible!

By Kaila B., ipsy Representative

If you call them on it and object, the waitlist magically disappears .

By Lisa C.

I do think they pay attention to the different profiles, my daughter and I are different and we are getting the things we each like. I think I it's very worth it I love it,

By Laura M.

Hi Lorenia! Good news-- it looks like you were already upgraded from the Waitlist, and are all set to receive your December Glam Bag. It's already being prepped for shipment. We hope you love it! Ashley, Please don't cancel in hopes of getting bumped up! We organize the Waitlist by the date you subscribed, not by cancellation requests. However, if you ever have a friend or family member who wants to secure their spot, they can contact ipsyCare at support@ipsy.com.

By Kaila B., ipsy Representative

I'm having a very similar issue. The site tells me that my email and password don't match and after I tried to retrieve my password it never sent me an email. I would recommend emailing support@ipsy.com for help

By Kissy K.

I'm 57 and I love everything I get. I use most of it and what I don't use I give to my friends. I use all the bags they give you for organizing things like coupons, meds, make-up (of course!), postage stamps and bank deposit slips. Sign up!!

By lucy f.
Questions? Get answers from the ipsy staff and other customers.

6 Photos for ipsy