Review of iFixit

pro@ifixit.com
2018 Customer choice award

naseemy
9/28/18

I fix love you guys for the way you teach us how to do a lot of stuff. Your site becomes popular so please continue

colleenm118
9/28/18

I was tasked with purchasing a driver kit for my field team to use on the road for various technical installs. I bought the Mako Driver Kit-64 Precision Bit and you would have thought I hung the stars and the moon. They said its fantastic.

kristir30
9/28/18

I may have.. lots.. a piece to my husband's iFixit kit. In a panic, I went to their website just hoping they sold some standalone tools so it could be replaced. I also kinda played the guessing game on which part it actually was..and was right! My husband was super stoked to have it back. I was really impressed with how quickly my order was received/shipped, though! Will definitely order again.. but hopefully not for replacement parts I've lost. ;)

edeh
9/27/18

Just super Awesome ALLLLL Around. Shipping, pricing, parts, tools, videos to assist... Just an Amazing company, also very great to responding to emails! GREAT Up the Awesome Job iFixit... Yall ROCK!!!

jasperd15
9/25/18

The iOpener was super easy to use for softening the adhesive on my smart device, and it made the entire process of replacing the glass on the phone's back almost trivial. though the videos say to run it for 30 seconds, and then again if you think it is needed, if your microwave is under 1000 watts, you should be good just running it the full minute in the first place. my microwave just couldn't heat the iOpener up enough in 30 seconds.

all the tools included were super useful as well!. one item that I ordered seperately was the halberd spudger, and I honestly think I probably wouldn't have been able to repair the phone so easily without having used the halberd spudger to bypass the adhesive.

overall a fantastic purchase!

shyamb4
9/25/18

I have so far, bought spares for my iphone 6s, macbook air, and have alaso indulged in the tool kit. I love the quality and very simple to follow repair processes.

kens297
9/21/18

I tried to go through Apple Store, but was told they could not perform the battery replacement due to a faulty Bluetooth Module. Ordered battery replacement through iFixit.com and received battery and tools. Instructional videos were clear and I had the job done less than an hour. Very pleased with product and will order from this company again!

steves828
9/20/18

I received the product so expediently, I was not expecting to get it so soon. I followed the guides to install a motherboard on my tablet and it now works fine. iFixit parts are reliable and work as good as the original part I feel like I can depend on them to keep up the quality of their products.Will definitely do business with them in the future and I recommend to anyone else that is interested in fixing phones or tablets without paying an arm and a leg at a store.

marcanthonys
9/12/18

This latest purchase of an iPhone battery for a 5 is last of a long list of repair products and tools I've purchased from this vendor.
They're simply terrific; rate the degree of difficulty of repair and their video's are invaluable.
Simply one stop shopping for parts, accessories, insight/information to perform the desired repair.
Wouldn't go anywhere else for iPhone repair/replacement parts, service and education.

kranthip
9/12/18

awesome instructions where clear and everything went smooth. I would highly recommend to anyone. The parts are of high quality too.

georgeg264
8/29/18

iFixIt is great. Have an old iPhone 5 that I am re-purposing as an in car media player (no longer used for phone calls). The old unit needed a new battery (old one got swollen) and I always wanted to peer into an iPhone to see what made the magic tick. Since the price was so low for a new battery ($24.99) plus shipping and tax, I decided to simply say, "game on". The iFixIt kit came within a few days and the kit was complete. Add that to the videos on YouTube to guide you step by step, the adventure was well worth it. I did it end to end in under 20 minutes. The iPhone 5 is once again working like usual and the battery holds a charge. It was really interesting to do this and was amazed by what make the little device work. Absolutely no issues and the tools to open the case are included and worked flawlessly ready for another rebuild should the need arise.

davidh1210
8/28/18

I have their toolset already but when their Nexus 6P battery finally is back in stock, I ordered it right away. It's hard to find a good 6P battery. I bought one from another vendor. It wouldn't last more than an hour. The battery from ifixit lasts 2 days!!

azizt1
8/28/18

Received the order in time, step by step and repair went just awesome, but it didn't fix the problem for long, it lasted less than a day and now I am confused, don't know what to do

evaf36
8/27/18

I've been using ifixit for years and have always found a straightforward solution to my problem, quality parts, and quick shipping. They have saved me thousands of dollars in replacement computers and phones and helped us reduce waste.

averyd15
8/23/18

Ordered multiple sets of tools from these guys all great quality fast shipping A+, Had an issue with the shipping carrier I notified the ifix it and they took care of the issue the same day.

topherm2
8/22/18

Fix it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

The old axiom gets a workout with teenagers and technology.

joshl107
8/22/18

The mic went out on my iPad mini 2 a couple years ago and the replacement from ifixit worked like a charm. It showed up fast and was relatively easy to install while I was replacing the screen (digitizer) since the original had developed phantom touches.

richardj275
8/21/18

I followed the very detailed instructions and the "difficult" battery replacement went very well. Everything seemed fine until I tried using my laptop in my lap. Then I found that it repeated crashed when I moved my wrist on top of it! Looking at it more closely revealed the battery connector was missing some solder on some wires! I soldered them down and now it seems to be working fine. (You can see in the photo that 2 wires don't look soldered at all.)

larrym331
8/21/18

iFixit's web pages are excellent, and very easy to navigate. Content is very clear. iFixit's stock of tools is outstanding, and very varied. The quality is phenomenal. The shipping is very punctual. Customer service is very good.

markn200
8/17/18

I bought a replacement screen for my cell phone and within a month the screen was discoloring and the phone was unusable. I emailed support to get the screen replaced and was told that my phone was damage and the screen was not working because of the damage. I sent several very clear pictures of my phone to them showing that the phone was not damaged with little response from iFixit. I also called them with little help. This is how iFixit gets out of their commitment to a lifetime warranty of a cellular screen replacement. This is an original email sent to me, read below.

"Thank you for your patience. Based on the picture, it looks like the display has suffered some physical damage, likely during installation. Physical damage that occurs during or after a repair is not covered under the Lifetime Warranty for this part.

On that note, I'd like to make a one-time exception for you, as we do want you to have a successful repair experience as well as a completely functional device. While our warranty doesn't cover it, we can provide a coupon for half-off of the purchase of a replacement screen, if you'd like to give your repairs another shot through iFixit.

For your reference, the indications of vertical and horizontal lines as well as block blobs are a good visual representation of a damaged LCD. This is typically due to pressure, all the way down to the LCD, causing the liquid crystals to spread freely under the glass. Normally, unless the Digitizer layer is also damaged, the touch input will function fine, but the pixels that would otherwise be rendered will be covered by those liquid crystals from the damaged LCD.

I've included some image links below to show how this appears on other devices to give you an idea of what to look out for in the future.

Please let me know if you would like that coupon and we will generate that for you.

Otherwise, I wish you the best of luck with your future repairs and we hope you can keep us in mind for future parts/tools needs.

All the best,"

Of course, they want to sell me another phone screen. What a joke.

ilyar8
8/15/18

Awesome kit and instructions! Came quick with everything I need and more. Super detailed instructions made an otherwise impossible task to replace the swollen battery very possible. That you iFixit! You saved my laptop.

daniely35
8/15/18

From ordering to quality of product, ifixit.com was effective and precise. Their repair guides are really the gem here. Quality of product is tens. I have used them since I had an iPhone 5.

normanc47
8/14/18

I got a new screen for my iPhone and followed the instructions provided on the website. The whole job took about 30 minutes and was very simple. Upon completion the screen worked as expected and the new screen even came with a new earpiece speaker, which was great because my old one had water damage and I had to use speaker phone. The tool kit was high quality compared to Amazon toolkit. My only complaint was that it took 7 days to get my order.

joyceh142
8/10/18

I have a IPhone 5s, and recently the battery started to go. Didn't want to buy new phone or pay Apple's price to get a new battery. iFixit.com solved my problem! New battery shipped to me with fixer kit for under $35. Their site has great tutorials to walk you through the process also. I'm starting to look at some of my older tech with a new possibility!

jeanpierrew
8/10/18

I'm a DIY kind of guy, and I love the detailed guides and intent behind iFixit. Bravo and thank you for your service!

10 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Their instructions cover each step in clear detail. All include photos and nearly all have video as well. Highly recommended!

By John D.

Telephone number is (866) 613-4948.

By Bruce J.

The company is located in the United States but their products are sources from China and often drop shipped that way with considerable markups.

By Hanna L.

Questions? Get answers from the iFixit staff and other customers.

iFixit?