Review of iFixit

pro@ifixit.com
2018 Customer choice award

vishalm10
6/20/18

I ordered iPhone 6s plus display assembly with 3D touch and tools required to fix it. I feel that the assembly is overpriced compared to some other panels available in the market. The repair went well on my side and I double checked all the connections. However, the 3D touch feature does not work as well as it used to with the genuine display assembly. 3D touch is getting triggered even if I normally touch the display and it doesn't work sometimes when I force touch very hard.

manfredd2
6/20/18

I ordered the replacement charging port for a friend's iPhone 5s that would not charge. The parts were exactly as described and the instructions provided on the website were exceptionally detailed.

dank172
6/19/18

this kit everything you will need in a handle carrying case. the tips and metal seem to be very strong, unlike some knock-offs that use cheap steel.

michaelp744
6/13/18

I have purchased parts, tools and used the guides to repair two iPhones and a Wii. In all cases the parts were high quality and the guides assisted every step of the way. I highly recommend this site for your repairs.

brysonc3
6/12/18

I have generation 1 20GB (upgraded to 500 GB) PS3. About four years ago I got the yellow light of death and sent my PS3 into Sony to get fixed. $150 dollars later and a wiped hard drive, my PS3 was working again. I was happy to have it working again because it's backwards compatible with PS2 and PS1 games, but very sad that I lost all my game data. Well about 2 weeks ago, I got the yellow light of death again. I'm not going to lie, I was very sad. I stumbled upon a fix on Youtube from ifixit.com. I was skeptical, but decided to give it a try. With shipping, it was only $35 dollars and if I could keep my game data it would totally be worth it! The ifixit guide was very detailed and easy to follow and I am thrilled to report my PS3 is now working again! I am very pleased and will recommend this to my friends who have similar problems with their PS3's. Thank you ifixit!

randyr113
6/11/18

It was a great experience overall. iFixit gives you all the tools to make your replacement as easy as possible.

julienc16
6/9/18

I am impressed by the quality of the toolbox and the 64 bits. Highly recommended to everybody opening their preferred gadgets

santib15
5/31/18

I ordered a new battery for my MacBook Pro Retina, The parts arrived fast and the repair was simple with the help of the repair guide on the Ifixit website. Its the best source or parts and information for my Apple repairs.

airm1
5/29/18

It was so easy to replace my iPhone6 battery and screen. No instructions were included but it was easy to find what I had doubts about on other YouTube channels. Pleasant experience

jesseb110
5/27/18

This place is legit, got my screen in a couple of days, even had a heat gun for sale for a decent price that helped me get the job done right. Guy on the phone was knowledgeable and helped me get the right screen for my MacBook.

johns2959
5/27/18

I was able to install the new battery for my iPhone 4s in minutes. Tools work great. Magnetized screwdriver was a big help. Directions were clear and easy to follow. Didn't even need to watch a video!

andya86
5/23/18

Feel accomplished fixing myself! Great instruction as well! Needed to buy some tools but everything worked well. Highly recommend!

dougm192
5/22/18

We are too small a business to stock every screen out there so we needed a supplier that we could depend on for a quality product and fast shipping. IFixit has proven itself over and over on both counts. We don't even bother looking anywhere else because we know we will get a great product at a good price faster than anyone else will get it to us. Kudos!

jessea55
5/18/18

They sent perfectly functioning, awesome replacement parts (iphone 6 screen digitizer replacement), quality tools (bought pro tool kit, gets used almost daily), and I followed their free online, well structured, easy to follow instructions and the repair went off without a hitch

joaquine3
5/15/18

I purchased a screen replacement for my 2015, 15" MacBook Pro, and the part arrived very quickly. The screen works like a charm; however, iFixit coated the screen with an aluminum paint in order to cover any scratches it may have had in the past. This would be fine if the screen I purchased wasn't classified as an "A" part. I'm sorry, but if you have to coat an entire screen to hide scratches before selling it, then that screen is definitely not a premium part. The only reason I didn't send it back is because the screen works, and the warranty is too good to pass up.

crysm
5/15/18

Thanks for my tool kit. My only issue is that i can pay someone else to fix my screen for same cost you sell the lcd + digitizer at. How is that saving anyone money? I've looked on wholesale websites and know you get these screens for dollars compared to selling price.

jakes127
5/11/18

I ordered a part from iFixit. The parts arrived fairly quickly but didn't function. They were DoA out of the box. When I requested a replacement, it took 3 days for them to get back to me. They told me in that response that a new part would be shipped within one business day. It is now 4 business days later and I have no tracking information, nor have I received anything back from their support team.

I'd highly recommend staying away from iFixit.

roberton7
5/8/18

Due to heavy traveling (250+ flights per year), the only laptop surviving this ordeal is my trusty MBP from 2011. It's such a fine-tuned machine compared to all the other laptops I have owned and received during this time, that it stuck with me for my daily work. I heavily depend on it, and it barely ever fails. It has survived drops and falls from head high onto concrete, dog pee while working in a park, a toddler's attempt at improving his tactile functions, and angry TSA agents. Each time I get home, I smile at the pile of broken HP, DELL, and ASUS laptops lying in a corner waiting to be picked up by the company's IT support department.

I thought this machine be indestructible, and given the mandatory basic maintenance, like exchanging SSDs and the battery ever two years, adding proper 16GB of RAM and an occasional wet wipe to get the sand, dust and fingerprints off the screen, this machine just runs every day for 10+ hours, with millions of miles traveled.

Then, the unthinkable happened: the Wireless functionality stopped working.

It took me days wading through pointless and useless information offered by people in today's version of the Internet copying wrong information without proper knowledge about a subject until in a thread somewhere someone mentioned the possibility that the bloody Wireless cable could be broken.

Without a shadow of a doubt, I ordered it from iFixit.com (only the US store holds it for some reason), and after a 15min repair, my beloved MBP continues to be again a valuable daily asset in my professional life. I suspect it to work for another 2 years. And if it breaks, I have already bought (for $800 USD) a second-hand replacement MBP 2012 non-retina version, where self-maintenance is still possible at a very low TCO (around $250 USD per year on average over the past 7 years compared to 5 broken laptops averaging at an annual cost of $1800).

Many thanks to iFixit and their professional customer support. It's going to be the only place I look whenever I have an issue with my MBP.

tomc311
5/7/18

The kit provided made changing the battery very simple! I wish that I would have changed the battery alot sooner. There are 5 phones on our plan, I will not hesitate to change the batteries when needed, iFixit makes it easy to do!

markw376
5/1/18

I previously left a review about a bad battery destroying my phone. It turns out the battery I'd purchased wasn't the correct one for my phone, even though I'd looked up the model number in old purchasing records (which were incorrect). iFixit was polite, and I was an idiot.

andrewg161
4/29/18

I've been using these guys for over a decade and I've never had an issue. Great service and products. I wish more sites were like them!

emanuelb26
4/27/18

The MacBook replacement battery I purchased from iFixit had a higher design capacity than the ones listed on Amazon, and arrived quickly and very well packaged with tools. The video and instructions on the site made it very easy to install, and it works great! I would definitely purchase parts from iFixit again.

neilp38
3/30/18

never received the item what i a waste of time. they never reponsed me i had to file a disputed this ifix it is a thieve company

chrisd291
2/27/18

Great service, fast delivery, valuable knowledge on fixing almost anything. Their website is easy to navigate. Thanks

josepha115
1/22/18

I have repaired dozens of my friends and families Laptops, Desktops, iPhones, iPads, Airport Extremes; replacing broken screens, batteries, cooling fans, memory chips, hard drives and so forth. I have used this source for years and found their guides accurate and dependable, and replacement parts are high quality and fairly priced

10 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Their instructions cover each step in clear detail. All include photos and nearly all have video as well. Highly recommended!

By John D.

Telephone number is (866) 613-4948.

By Bruce J.

The company is located in the United States but their products are sources from China and often drop shipped that way with considerable markups.

By Hanna L.

Questions? Get answers from the iFixit staff and other customers.

iFixit?