Review of iFixit

pro@ifixit.com
2018 Customer choice award

joele49
8/3/18

I am not techy so this was a very nerve racking thought for me to repair my own iPhone. Great thing is the directions were great and phone was sussessfully repaired!

darrels14
8/2/18

I really know what to expect but when I got my tool kit it was more than what I expected and the website is organized and professional as well.

michaelc1122
8/1/18

I have many small tool kits for various types of tech work, but this ifixit kit is the most comprehensive and complete set of tech tools I've seen. Highly recommend it and for the price you can go wrong.

janicea63
8/1/18

Surprised to get our items in such a timely manner! We are not used to such fast service. I wish some other vendors would take note of how you do things!

davidk693
7/30/18

Even the Apple Store won't touch an iPhone 4 because it's so old. No problem, I replaced my battery in about 10 minutes with a battery replacement kit from iFixit and instructions from their web site.

bobc292
7/30/18

They have excellent repair guides that we use regularly, however ordering from them and their customer service are lacking. For instance, in an email, we were told that a shipment of cables would be sent out the following day and yet 5 days later the website shows that they have not even processed the order yet. Also, they just don't return phone calls nor answer emails.

igork42
7/24/18

All went well and took as suggested 2 hours from start to finish. Loved the packaging of the part and the tools. I used the paper tray of the digitizer part to arrange all parts from disassembly. Drew squares with step numbers on the tray and put all pieces in order to facilitate reassembly.

joshuam205
7/24/18

Got my order in a reasonable amount of seeing as I live in the south pacific. The tools look great and easy get to in there box. Glad I got these.

joelm148
7/17/18

The replacement battery arrived in two days, much quicker then expected. I would not hesitate purchasing product from ifixit, they are first rate.

stephenw237
7/17/18

I have ordered two new iphone batteries and a new screen and digitizer. The parts were reasonably priced and arrived within a few days of ordering. Shipping and handling fees always seem like a tax. The repair and replacement materials on the site are excellent.

tylerl70
7/14/18

I ordered a battery and it came all expanded, I called up customer support and they wanted some pictures or a video of the problem then they sent out the replacement and it was here in 2 days!! The replacement works amazing and I will definitely do business with these guys again!!!

karenj222
7/14/18

Customer service helped me pick the correct battery for my Mac Book Pro 15 inch. Battery arrived with the correct tools to remove and replace. Went online to watch the video and all went perfectly. Great job for ifixit.com

brucej90
7/12/18

I bought a replacement part for the Pro Tech Toolkit before I read that the kit has a lifetime warranty for broken components. As soon as I called about it they refunded my order.

johnc1675
7/5/18

Our friends daughter shattered the screen of her hand-me-down iPhone 6s. I ordered the part, walked through the clearly laid out steps, and in less than an hour had her screen replaced. Was able to save them some money and learned something in the process!

jacobb137
7/3/18

Part shipped to rural Alaska quickly AND cheaply. Good quality part and after a quick install my GoPro 3+'s screen works again. Willing look for future parts for projects here.

mattheww188
6/30/18

I've now used them two times for Apple replacement parts and both times it was a very great experience. Great documentation and guides.

vs74
6/26/18

Ifixit is a great source of information, instructions, and parts. Always start there for any computer repairs!

xiomarac3
6/26/18
• Updated review

ifixit contacted me and rectified the situation immediately. They sent out a replacement product at no cost to me. I sent back the defective item and it was a success. I never doubted ifixit and they pulled through to remain a positive, trustworthy company. You cannot go wrong with ifixit products and customer service.

“Lines on screen and photo sensor not functioning”
• Previous review

Received the product and upon installation I noticed that periodically lines appear in the screen and the screen does not adjust to light or dark ambiance changes.

connero2
6/26/18

Fantastic as always! Ive been using ifixit for almost a decade now and they always have top-notch guides and parts, which come in a beautiful package as well!

jimn122
6/25/18

Ive used iFixit for several battery replacements, and they always go really easy due to iFixits quality and informative information provided. They also have Great quality products.

debbym24
6/23/18

I ordered and received a new battery for my MacBook Pro 13" laptop. Battery level was at 60% and it's being fully charged now. Installation was easy by watching video/online guide Having the tools come with the kit was handy.

williamp357
6/23/18

I did a tear down and replacement of the daughter Board of my Nexus 7 2nd. generation everything went very well "thanks to iFixit instructions".
I purchased the daughter board from iFixit, because I felt that would be the most reliable place to purchase parts from. It's hard to find New Daughter boards for Nexus 7.
My Nexus 7 working well. "Thank You ifixit"

mattn86
6/21/18

I'm writing this 3 weeks after I made the order and they still haven't responded to the multiple emails to support@ifixit.com.

I emailed and asked them to cancel my order because my client went elsewhere after I couldn't get the part soon enough. I told him a week max and they shipped it a little over a week after I ordered it. They still haven't responded to my emails.

While I have made many orders with them I am looking for a better supplier now. This just doesn't work.

vishalm10
6/20/18

I ordered iPhone 6s plus display assembly with 3D touch and tools required to fix it. I feel that the assembly is overpriced compared to some other panels available in the market. The repair went well on my side and I double checked all the connections. However, the 3D touch feature does not work as well as it used to with the genuine display assembly. 3D touch is getting triggered even if I normally touch the display and it doesn't work sometimes when I force touch very hard.

manfredd2
6/20/18

I ordered the replacement charging port for a friend's iPhone 5s that would not charge. The parts were exactly as described and the instructions provided on the website were exceptionally detailed.

10 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Their instructions cover each step in clear detail. All include photos and nearly all have video as well. Highly recommended!

By John D.

Telephone number is (866) 613-4948.

By Bruce J.

The company is located in the United States but their products are sources from China and often drop shipped that way with considerable markups.

By Hanna L.

Questions? Get answers from the iFixit staff and other customers.

iFixit?