Review of iFixit

pro@ifixit.com
2018 Customer choice award

otisw11
2/15/19

forgot password to Iphone sooo....after 2 hrs with Apple & Itunes...I called around and
iFixit kept coming out of peoples mouth quite often sooooo....stopped by & was floored by..."Sure...B ready in 10 minutes"..(I would have been happy for 2 hrs....Just fix my phone).
My phone works again and I was sooooo pleased with their great service & friendly staff ifI could give them a 20 I would.I was at the store on Ski bo rd

philp143
1/17/19

Unfortunately, I used a YouTube video, that wasn't detailed enough to replace the battery on an iPhone SE. As a result I screwed up a cable to the touch screen and had the 4 different length screws mixed up.
I then happened upon the ifixit.com site and the wonderfully detailed instructions complete with end-user comments blew me away!
Also, the quality of the replacement touch screen was great as were the instructions! I am now a believer in ifixit.com and highly recommend it. Wish I had happened upon this site
first.

adelem11
1/16/19

Immediately (literally minutes) after having my iPhone 8 Plus from the Brunswick store, my screen touch was not working. I went back into the store and was told to "just reboot your phone if that happens again". I apprehensively said "Ok" as he seemed trustworthy and nice. However, 2 weeks later, my the touch screen has gone haywire and after repeated reboots it still does not work. I tap on one area and my whole screen does things as if it things im tapping like a madman. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE. DO NOT GO TO THEM. Also, my screen cracked after 3 days and i did not even drop it. Worst experience ever. Never going back.

johnd2220
1/16/19

I ordered the iPhone 5 battery replacement kit from iFixit rather than pay $79 for Apple to do it. I thought it might be a bit treacherous to fix it myself, but the tools and instructions provided (step-by-step w/ both photos and video) made this an easy win. I will absolutely use iFixit again in the future and would recommend them for anyone not afraid to open up their devices.

paulap159
1/13/19

I began having problems with my battery since September of 2018 and delayed addressing them. I started to look over different sites on how to fix it and came across ifixit.com. Although the price of the battery as well as the tools needed was expensive, it was well worth it because it allowed me to get the job done within 15-20 minutes. Also, the step-by-step guide was easy to follow along to.

rockieg
1/12/19

i live a on small budget, and wanted to upgrade my old PC. found some other place, but Ifixit had the lowest and the best support. Letting me now it would work and what i would get for upgrading my PC and how to do the work myself.
Will shop again and you should to. A++

Tip for consumers: just ask them, if your not sure. just ask, they will help and go into detail, what to do and how to install anything.

danielr384
12/25/18

Bought the Manta Driver Kit, and right away used it to fix an HTC Vive controller. I found all the screw tips I needed, and I'm also a fan of the magnetic lid.

paxtons
12/25/18

Availability, price, and quality are three important measures for me when buying something like this (a laptop battery). Fast shipment, reasonable cost, and awesome performance are what I got with ifixit's MacBook Pro battery. Well done, and thanks for giving life to my machine!

andrewk264
12/19/18

I needed to replace the back glass on my Google Pixel so I turned to Amazon. Different listings for, ostensibly, the same product. Wildly conflicting reviews. Various sellers who may be selling the listed product or a cheap knock off. Were the negative reviews due to an interior product or user incompetence? I couldn't determine who to trust. I turned to ifixit instead, and wound up with a lower price and the relief that comes from dealing with a known seller. I can't tell if the glass is authentic (not without trying to break it), but it installed easily and looks perfect.

geralds143
12/17/18

I was excited to use the iFixit microwaveable iOpener. It looked so cool and easy to use. Unfortunately after trying for a solid hour to use the iOpener as the heating tool I ended up with a brick instead of a phone with a new battery. The iOpener does not work! Use it and you'll destroy your phone. Just stick to a hairdryer or heat gun.

caseye146
12/15/18

I ordered a trackpad for a mbp late 2012 thru ifixit which is super expensive compared to other places but I did it because I figured they would send the right part after tear down of computer and ready to install new trackpad the cable isn't long enough i could reuse the one that was already there but if it had been broken I would have been out of luck, super disappointed. If you are going to charge top dollar, I would exspect top quality.

alexw198
12/14/18

Got my part to me in good working condition in just couple of days was quick and easy. Will be coming back to iFixit next time I need hard to find computer parts

bobn96
12/12/18

Dear sir,

After receiving (today, because they were delivered to me outside USA) my iFixit tools i was trying the magnetic mat and the pen that comes with it but when i opened the box the pen cap was fallen off and the pen was dry i guess because it was not writing neither on the mat nor on a printer paper.

I don't know if it's a normal thing and that i need to moisturize the pen with some tap water but I highly doubt it.

Please advise,

hollye31
12/12/18

Broke my battery connector so I ended up having to buy a new laptop. Instructions weren't clear in that part of the repair.

db362
12/11/18

Great laptop ifixit Pro tool kit! The screw driver handle design is great the way it allows you to keep pressure on those little laptop screws and still spin the shaft to undo or tighten them. The slight magnetic tip holds those little screws in place so they don't drop when you take them out. It also helps to hold them in place to get them started when you reassemble the case or hard drives. Over all it's a great tool kit package design. I like the way the driver heads are held in place by foam for easy access and storage. I would have liked the driver head sizes to be a little easier to read. They don't stand out from the foam holder they are in so I found it difficult to read which size head I needed. Great overall toolkit package to work on my MacBook Pro laptops.

joshuag120
12/8/18

Ifixit has been a godsend. I've saved time and money by doing computer repairs myself. The instructions are easy to follow and the tools provided are inexpensive and high quality. Thank you, iFixit!

keithm256
12/7/18

As a computer repairman, the parts augmented by illustrated step-by-step breakdown manuals are essential to my business.

mtn
12/6/18

Headphone tip broke off in my IPAD. I brought it to the Apple store and they would not fix it but did tell me about the gripstick gadget that could be ordered through iFixit. I ordered it, watched the video (very important step) and it worked perfectly.

ericc310
12/5/18

Received prompt packaged from iFixit, replacement screen for iphone SE. Repairs went thru without a hitch, parts fit and worked properly. But only after a couple days or normal a slight bump cracked a corner of the new screen. This makes me believe that replacement quality of parts are as good as Apple factory parts.

christopherw233
12/5/18

My Macbook was dropped and the screen was cracked. Was nervous about replacing it myself, so I sent it off to a 3rd party for repair. The fix was mediocre, and started to fail soon after. After sending the MacBook back, they happily "fixed" the screen under warranty, but I quickly learned the age old lesson, if you want something done, do it yourself. I ordered a new screen assembly, then found the well priced tools on IFIXIT. After two hours following their free online walk through, my laptop was like new! Glad I made the investment and happy the IFIXIT resources are around so people can fix their stuff!

divanif
12/3/18

My product has never arrived, and obviously already payed so, they just took my money.

I'm from Mexico and I after search some more found those screwdrivers in another local business.

If you're from Mexico maybe you should search another way

davidm1714
12/1/18

The entire process took all but 5 minutes to complete. Once installed everything worked beautifully. The new cable went in much easier than the original.

humzaa
11/30/18

Purchased a iPhone 6 battery replacement kit, as well as some other repair essentials. Thoroughly pleased with the ease of buying, hassle-free receiving, and step by step process of navigating the site to proceed with the actual battery replacement. Love iFixIt.

jeanpierreb2
11/27/18

Ordered Macbook Air Parts. Received them quickly and followed the provided instructions. No problems at all. Would definitely recommend, and order again.

stevem785
11/27/18

Would be extremely helpful to know if Ifixit has done tests on number of charge discharge recharge cycles this battery can do. Apple OEM standard apparently is >1000. Cheap Li+ batteries on Amazon apparently only give 200.

10 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Their instructions cover each step in clear detail. All include photos and nearly all have video as well. Highly recommended!

By John D.

Telephone number is (866) 613-4948.

By Bruce J.

The company is located in the United States but their products are sources from China and often drop shipped that way with considerable markups.

By Hanna L.

Questions? Get answers from the iFixit staff and other customers.

iFixit?