Review of iFixit

pro@ifixit.com
2018 Customer choice award

stevem785
11/27/18

Would be extremely helpful to know if Ifixit has done tests on number of charge discharge recharge cycles this battery can do. Apple OEM standard apparently is >1000. Cheap Li+ batteries on Amazon apparently only give 200.

juliet399
11/23/18

I ordered a new internal part for my wii u. The ZR button stopped working so I simply followed instructions on this website and the button works like new! If I sent it in for Nintendo to fix it would have been 100$, but with this it was only about 9$. Very easy to follow and very affordable.

jdm21
11/16/18

These guys just keep killing it!

From parts and tools to skills and know-how; toss in a bit of right-to-repair advocacy and you have iFixit. I'm satisfied and find their products well worth the money (provided that you can read and follow instructions).

If you're having a problem, I would recommend READING AND UNDERSTANDING THE INSTRUCTIONS. We both know they were there so just stop being difficult and read them. If you really have READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, then they will gladly help you out. Even if you haven't READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, they might make fun of you, but they will still help you out. Also, don't forget to RTFM.

Support these guys and your supporting a lot more than just a bunch of geeks. Farmers, moms and nerds all benefit from the work these folks are involved in. So, go find something to buy from them right now!

marcs138
11/15/18

My package is being delayed because ifixit allowed me to enter a P.O. box for my address. In THIS part of the country, if a item is being sent via US Postal Service it MUST be addressed to a P.O. box because there is NO STREET DELIVERY of mail. But if it is being delivered via UPS it MUST go to a street address. Businesses need to realize that this is the norm in many places. Therefore, if the address given is a P.O. box SEND THE !&$%*! PACKAGE by US Postal Service! If it is being sent by UPS then DEMAND A NON-PO BOX ADDRESS! The post office and UPS do NOT play well together!

thomasw383
11/14/18

I'm slowly ordering parts to bring my Late-2011 Macbook Pro back to life. Over the last few months I've ordered a fan, and a heat sink to help with the temps. The pasts have come quickly and have been of high quality.

bradh170
11/10/18

I ordered a new phone battery two weeks ago and it still hasn't come yet. So here I am with a dead phone and unable to repair it. They should be more transparent about the actual shipping time if it is going to take more than two weeks to ship me an item so I know to go somewhere else to begin with. They mentioned at checkout that when I receive two day shipping, it may take longer for some batteries. I was told it would be two weeks longer for mine. I contacted customer service and they offered a refund or to ship a new one, however as a customer I should have been aware at the beginning of the purchase that I would be still waiting after two weeks with tracking information that says it left Wisconsin one week ago and is currently just "in transit" with no information as to where it actually is. It may be ifixit's fault or it may not, but I should know at the time of purchase.

marvine22
11/10/18

What a great resource and alternative to fixing electronic devices at a lower cost. Great parts and quality. Thank you ifixit!!

joelf49
11/8/18

Old Ipod battery was at the end of its life and didn't want to replace the unit as it works fine, just no battery life. Found Ifixit online, read the repair step's and saw the low price of the new battery and tool kit, thought NO WAY. Well for the money it was worth the risk, and ordered. Received my order in a few days, did the steps as per online Ifixit, and her Ipod is as good as new, and she is very grateful.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you are ordering the right part, do the right model / serial numbers, and all will go GREAT. Also tool kit is good but get the heavier pry tool just incase.

jackp166
11/6/18

I saved at least 300 dollars by using this site to fix my macbook myself! Awesome customer service and fast shipping.

gaborb8
11/5/18

I ordered a replacement battery for iphone 6. Installed it without any issues, however a few months after the replacement the phone started acting weirdly. Took the phone to a service where I was told that the battery is not functioning correctly.

andrewb501
11/2/18

I have a 2 1/2 year old Galaxy S7 Edge that I really like. Unfortunately, I have to charge it twice a day lately.

Rather than ship it to Samsung, or worse yet, have the Mall's Kiosk butcher it for me, I got the battery and tools for a great price and all the help I need online from ifixit.com.

Yay for them and the consumer!

elliottm28
10/27/18

Didn't think I could do something like this, but the instructions were great, the tools worked, and now my phone does. Wouldn't get 2.4 ghz wifi or gps signal before. It was fun too, like an adult lego set.

nevins3
10/27/18

An apple authorized repair centre was going to charge $750+CAD to fix a blown speaker in my MacBook Pro, a $30 replacement speaker and $30 ifixit tool kit and about 15 minutes is all it took to do this repair myself.

jennyt88
10/27/18

I ordered two Chromebook batteries within a week of each other. Both came on time and perfect condition. Both of the batteries charged and have held their charge still the install.

julianm90
10/26/18

Ordered a Pro Tools Set from their site. Not only did shipping go without a hitch, communication was there every step of the way. Highly recommend for all tech needs.

jonnys22
10/24/18

Tool did not work on an xps 13, only messed up the jack and the surrounding plastic. Will now need a professional service to remove the piece and hopefully save the headphone jack.

colind60
10/23/18

Great product, great tools, great guide, I don't got much else to say, but I have to fill 100 characters, but they are really great and I recommend them.

stevek300
10/23/18

ifixit offers a really great kit and replacement battery for the macbook airs.

It took me all of 5 minutes to replace the battery.

the only reason I gave 4 of 5 stars is that the battery doesn't seem to last as long as the original when it was new. But it give me a 2-to-3 hours of battery life instead of the 10 minutes I was seeing with the old battery.

nass
10/22/18

Their adhesive remover somehow evaporated and melted my keyboard (my laptop was off the whole time) and screwed up my trackpad, and the best part they are blaming "my installation"!! Would not recommend even to an enemy! Or on second thought I would definitely recommend it to an enemy.

nickn89
10/22/18

Got the product quickly, and in a Well protected packaging. I am an entry level device repair tech and the part came in better packaging then our products, and the price is close to cost. They even supply needed tools. Excluding a static band for use while installing, but thats on the customer. Do your research. There is a 100 word requirement for this review. I feel like I don't need that many words and would like to go to bed now so I'm making sure I fill quota. 10/10 would recommend.

neisih
10/16/18

I bought a front camera for my Samsung S8 and it was defective. Unfortunately I had already trashed the receipt so I cant return but when the tech tried to install it an error message kept coming up saying the part could not be recognized

ismaels13
10/10/18

Everything up until i installed my screen was great, after closer inspection i noticed a white spot on my screen. I contacted them and they replied back with the option returning the screen and getting a new one, i replied by telling them that taking apart my iphone again would be a hassle and asked them if i can get just some type of reinbursement (even a partial one) and from that point on they just never gave me an answer back!

firstn7
10/6/18

I broke the fingerprint sensor cable when replacing my battery. Ordered replacement sensor. It is slightly too large and in trying to snug it in I cracked my back case.

michaelt570
10/1/18

The kit price was incredibly low for all the great tools and the battery it came with. I was able to use the guide on their website to successfully replace the battery in my Moto Z Force Droid. I couldn't pry up the back glass as shown in one step but I had planned for failure in that step and had already ordered replacement back glass, so I was able to get through it by breaking the glass. The kit arrived quickly, within about a week of ordering, and tracking communication was thorough. Excellent service.

Tip for consumers: Make sure to also watch youtube videos from a third party so you can prepare for your fix.

tyep3
10/1/18

Parts came professionally packaged, with no damage and no hassle. Will continue to buy from them. Pricing was very reasonable as well

10 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Their instructions cover each step in clear detail. All include photos and nearly all have video as well. Highly recommended!

By John D.

Telephone number is (866) 613-4948.

By Bruce J.

The company is located in the United States but their products are sources from China and often drop shipped that way with considerable markups.

By Hanna L.

Questions? Get answers from the iFixit staff and other customers.

iFixit?