HouseOfBeautyWorld reviews

Tel: 1-800-588-0266
info@houseofbeautyworld.com

geoffreys39
2/21/19

The product arrived separated and unusable. The packaging was in poor condition. They did not answer my emails.

eunia
2/18/19

I have been ordering from House of Beauty for the past four years and has had no trouble. The customer service is good, products are good quality and affordable

lisal596
2/6/19

DO not purchase from this company please! Terrible customer service - the worst ever. I ordered a very expensive blow dryer for my mother and it was too heavy for her - I returned it in perfect condition. They called me and accused me of it not being packaged correctly. Then after arguing with them they only refunded me 70%. Be aware of their "restocking fee" that they keep when it's not clear in their return policy. Order from anyone else but House of Beauty. Do research and look at their terrible reviews. I wish I did. Because of House of Beauty, I will never order from another unknown company again.

ashleyd207
1/10/19

I have enjoyed ordeting products from house of beauty. The guality of my things which is wigs other beauty products i found too be sutible for me getting. Compliments from other. Thank you hob. It gets in timely fashion.

franciscam6
1/9/19

Worst experience EVER! I ordered, in good faith, 4 Rusk items 24th of December 2018 and have not received them. I contacted them in writing numerous times and they have not had the courtesy of a response! THEY HAVE KEPT MONEY THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO THEM. DO NOT TURST THIS COMPANY.

annmariet9
11/27/18

Ordered a salon hair bonnet hair dryer. Was told that I would receive a call yesterday for shipment label. Still no call..called today, customer service gave me attitude. Told me it was been reviewed by manager. What's to review??..you sent me a dead unit!!. I need a exchange or money back. Then proceed to tell me I can pay for shipping back if I want faster service!!..the ##$%^!!!. Wasnt like this 10 years ago, their service on exchange policy is downright horrible!!

fatoud1
9/20/18

I ordered a wig,whudh i did not recieve so I then asked for a refund.Instead of giving me a refund, when I spoke to customer service, the lady on the phone said "The manager decided to not give you your refund but to ship the wig". I DID NOT ASK FOR THAT @#!$. WORST SERVICE EVER! If I could I would give it a 0 out of 5!

lindab869
9/18/18

I would not suggest ordering anything like extensions or hair (anything you think you might need to return or exchange). They have been, however, very reliable for purchasing things that are over-the-counter items not sold in my area (ethnic hair supplies like conditioners, shampoos, styling aids, "hair grease", etc.) I never had a problem with the time and quality of shipping until I tried to order hair extensions...that was when it was a nightmare. I've purchased other items from them about six times with no problem before that and since.

angelap176
8/27/18

Spent $60NZD on my first order with House of Beauty World, I was super excited to receive my order because we don't have this brand in New Zealand. House of Beauty promises it'll take 2-4 business days for it to be dispatched. 6 business days passed and I've heard nothing so I sent them an email and they replied back with a generic response saying something along the lines of "Dear customer, we are working hard to get it dispatched asap etc". It's now up to business day 13, I've heard nothing and I've basically come to the conclusion that I'll never receive my order. I've sent multiple emails asking to cancel my order, but no response.. Wtf? This company is practically stealing from people and it's disgusting how they treat their customers. I wish I came on here and read reviews before buying from this $#*!ty company.

cynthiac218
8/3/18

I ordered a wig on 7/26/18 and as of today I can't even get a tracking #. When I contact them I get the same "standard" reply on a couple of occasions: We apologize for the delay but you will be receiving a tracking number soon" I asked if my wig was out of stock? and that issue was NEVER addressed. I asked to have my order cancelled and now I have to wait 7-10 days to get my money back when it was taken instantly when I placed the order. I WILL NEVER AS LONG AS I BREATHE ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN!!! I needed my item to wear two days from now. Now I have to spend more money to get something else! I should have stayed with my other wig websites that deliver within one week but I decided to give HouseofBeautyWorld a try. Also google your product before you purchase from them as I found other websites with the same product and it was $10 cheaper. Ripoffs!!!!!!

sitej42
6/4/18

Why the title? Well, excuse my French but everything that exits is pure SH!T, no cuts no chasers including the excuses. Here's how I support that theory.
But before I get into it and people get lost in translation or do not want to read through it all, here is my process and I think everyone should do it. I would feel bad if it gets shut down but with their bad customer service, really remove my feelings from it all. I am sending this to BBB AND reporting this to the FTC for fraud/scam/bad business practice. There is no way this company and companies alike should still be operating.

Recently, my fiance ordered some products from them AND paid for shipping and handling to be expedited. She kept checking the tracking number and never saw any action other than your order was received. 5 DAYS LATER she asked me if I could help her in locating her package. I looked and told her that they received it but that's it, no tracking number, no shipping date, nor no order was shipped. She called them and they put her on hold for 10 mins and finally came back on and then the conversation ended. I asked her what was said and she told me that they said that they are waiting on a product to be shipped from the warehouse and then they will send out her order.

Of course, I told her to call back, give her info and let me speak to them. Again, they picked up and said "hold on" then placed her on hold for 10 minutes. After giving her info, she gave me the phone to intervene. I asked the girl her name, which sounded like a lie and I told her that the conversation is being recorded in which she said was "ok". I asked what was going on with the order and she told me the same bs. So, I asked
"Where on your website does it say that these products are coming from a third party/"warehouse"?" She said that it didn't. BS!!

Ok, I asked "How are customers to know that you do not have the product just in case they do not want to wait that long and go elsewhere?" She said I just told her on the phone. BS again!!

I asked "Again, how are customers to know before hand?" She said sir, I just told you. Face in palm with that shhh.

I said, "Ok, she paid for 2-5 business days to receive her product, its the 5th day and there is absolutely no life on her tracking." She said, You have to allow 7-10 days for processing. I'm not putting my response for this one.

I'm sorry sir, what do you want me to do? she asked. I told her to not patronize me and either refund all of the money or give the money back from the shipping and handling. She said that she couldn't do that because she doesn't have "authorization".

Let me speak to your manager!! She's not in! Transfer me to her extension!! "She" doesn't have a phone but I can write down your info and give it to her.

I proceeded to ask for her manager and I told her that I will wait because I feel as if the company is a lie, she is a lie, and she's probably working from home because I could have sworn that I heard an ice maker in the background followed by some toenail clippings popping the mic of the phone. She said that "SHE" is not in yet and I will have to call back but probably wont get to speak to her.

I got frustrated and she said, Sir sir I don't have time to be on the phone with you. I said, "I am a customer, and even though I don't agree with the "customer is always right" motto, I do feel like a customer should walk away feeling optimistic at least about the conversation if nothing else. We are not about to hang up without clarification."

She said that we will not have to pay shipping and handling. I told her to notate the account and send us an email stating so for future reference. She said ok and put me on hold for 30 mins.

I then used my cellphone to call in while on hold with my fiance's phone. Another female answered sounding the same as the previous one. I asked for her name and was given a different name. I then told her the situation. She told me that the girl was on the phone with another customer. I told her that she still has me on hold. She told me oh no wait, I think that she went to ask about you order. So, I said that I'll play them at their own game. I asked to speak to the manager and she said "he" has been in a meeting all day. I said that I thought that your manager was female and she said no. So, I said before I go, is there anything notated on the account and she said no but she will notate that we are not to pay shipping. At the end, we paid shipping with a note delivered with an incomplete order stating that not all of the items were shipped. No refund, discount, a lot of lies and frustration. THIS IS GOING TO THE FTC!!!

Tip for consumers: CONTACT THE FTC NOT JUST BBB

eileend28
5/7/18

I bought 6 packs of kanekolon hair with a variety of different colors and received the complete opposite of what I ordered. I sent them an image of the receipt and the hair with the colors written on them to let them know I just wanted to exchange it. Customer service just emailed me one sentence saying you got what you ordered. Thanks a lot. Waste of time and money. I can't even use this hair.

tias26
4/27/18

Worst customer service ever, scammers. I ordered a product a week ago, to date it still has not shipped. You try to cancel and get a full refund and they want to take stocking fees etc. from an item they haven't even pulled. Go figure. Will never order again.

jj173
4/19/18

NO STARS!!

They have the worst customer service I've ever encountered! They sent me the wrong item & refused to send the right one.

I called them 5 times, emailed the pictures of the item I received as they had requested & still they fought me about what I ordered & what I actually received.

They said it was the the right item but in a different color. Say what? I ordered a Tweezerman POINT Tweezer in Stainless & received a SLANTED Tweezer in pink. How in the Hell is that the right item?

Then I had to pay to ship the wrong item back to them! I had to go to Paypal to get my money back.

The manager clearly doesn't give a damn about the customers. I will be posting about this everywhere I can find to tell people NOT to buy anything from these jerks!

This company sucks!

charb24
2/5/18

sent the incorrect order called several times only to be placed on hold for over 10 minutes. No response to my emails about incorrect order that took 3 weeks to ship. I ultimately had to report it to my credit card due to no response. BEWARE!

gregoriom14
12/27/17

I. Buy Prada set luna Rosa and perry ellis set red And aroma not longer than more than 30 minutes after hour. I put doble spray in my clothing and. Still have not longer than 30 minutes so consider this its a fake fragrance or reduced in ingredients. So I send buck to them by paying shipping label from my money I stopped of buying from this website because I lose my time and money I Olson wish thay could fixed all the errors and provide better coality en fragrance so we can triste theme again.

carlam60
11/23/17

New Zealand very satisfied customer. I placed my order on the 18 Nov 2017 and surprise when I got home 23 Nov, everything perfect will be my new go to for efficient service

carolm247
10/30/17

I ordered two products online that totaled about $100. The website indicated the items were in stock and readily available. I paid with my debit card and the money was immediately taken from my bank account.

The next day I received an email that stated and I'm quoting verbatim "Your order has shipped and the tracking information is below. Thank you for your business!" The next paragraph provided a USPS First Class tracking number.

However, when I clicked on the tracking number, it took me to a USPS page that states, "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS of the product or the actual mailing date. This indicates only that pre-shipment info was sent to USPS, and the USPS is awaiting the actual item."

That was nothing more than a ruse. Twenty-five days later, I contacted HouseOfBeautyWorld and asked them why they have not delivered my item to the USPS yet. I spoke with someone whom identified herself as "Mishmish" and who had a strong accent, which is relevant only because she seemed to understand everything I said clearly until I asked to speak with her supervisor. At that time, she seemed to struggle to understand my request.

Mishmish could not have been less helpful. When she finally understood that I wanted to speak with her supervisor, she replied, simply, "No." I said, "I beg your pardon, but I must insist on speaking with your supervisor." Again, she stated, "No, I don't think so." I couldn't believe this woman's nerve!

She did eventually tell me that HouseOfBeautyWorld did not have my products in house, that they were having trouble getting one of them. She then told me they'd shipped the one they had and were waiting on the second one.

I replied, "I'm sorry, but I know that is not true. I've spoken with the USPS and they have assured me that they received nothing from you regarding this order." Then she said, "Ok, so we didn't send them one. This item is hard to get. You should have known this." So, she lied and then tried to turn the tables on me! I replied, "No, I'm sorry, but I SHOULD NOT have known that. I believed your website when it stated you had the item in stock and I would receive it within seven days." She then reiterated that I should know that the item I paid for from them was difficult to get.

That was when I insisted on speaking with her supervisor and twice she denied my request. She then said, "I have to put you on hold now" and before I could stop her, she put me on hold. After holding for the better part of five minutes, I hung up and called back, hoping to get a more helpful person.

The second person was no more helpful than the first. She also claimed that I should have known the item was hard to get. I told her, also, that her website stated they were available and ready to ship. I asked her why her company took my money when it knew it didn't have the product in house and would have trouble getting it. She told me that their website is often not up to date and has inaccurate information.

"That's good to know," I said. "I am going to go online and leave reviews warning people to beware of placing orders online.

"If that makes you feel better, then you go right ahead," she stated with distinct sarcasm in her voice.

Incredulous, I replied, "It's not a matter of making me 'feel better,' it's simply the right thing to do."

"Sure; whatever," she said.

This company is unscrupulous. They said my money will be refunded with seven business days, but I don't believe them. I don't think I will ever see that money again.

I was never angry in my conversations with them. My three-year-old grandson was sitting on my lap and I was careful with my words and my tone of voice.

This company took my money knowing they didn't have the product they claimed they had, never contacted me to let me know that the product was on back order, blatantly lied to me when they said they'd shipped one of the products, were rude on the phone when I made inquiries, then blamed me for not knowing they would have trouble getting the item that their website claimed they had in stock. When I asked when they expected to get the products, I was told that was a ridiculous question because there was no way they could possibly know when to expect shipment.

A horrible, unscrupulous company with terrible customer service. Trust me beware of these people.

nnennav
10/12/17

The customer service sucks. I made an order and was questioning why I havent received any email regarding tracking or when it was shipped 3 days after I ordered . Who ever I spoke to from customer service was rude and disrespectful leading me to get out of character and curse her out . I have never dealt with such unethical and poor customer service. The worst part is that in order for u to talk to the manager u have to be put on a waiting list that is 2 months long. I dont know what kind of games this company think they can play with their customers but I am not the one to be played with . I shouldnt have to call for updates on my order. It should automatically be emailed to the customer.

leticias8
10/2/17

So I have ordered one particular wig 3 different times from this vendor ( sensual vella vella lace front). The first time I ordered this product, it was the length and fullness advertised, (28 in)and I was very satisfied. So a few months later, I ordered the same wig again expecting the same length and quality....not only was it a little shorter, but nowhere near as full and lustrous as the 1st wig!:( so upset, I immediately ordered one more to see if I would get one like the 1st wig I received..this one was shorter like the 2nd wig, but thinner!:( I was highly disapointed as I had planned for this wig to be my primary style for awhile. I have since decided not to purchase that brand anymore, or shop with HOB world. It is false advertisment when you start off selling something one way then drastically change it up while still advertising it that way! :(

lootuj
9/29/17

After 2 weeks of trying and failing to order my skincare products from Guesso website ( kept getting message that creditcard was not configured, hence I couldn't pay with a creditcard i have used previously). I finally got tired of waiting and decided to order from this site. I ordered online on a Sunday and paid with PayPal. I called the next day to clarify when it will be processed and i was told 24 to 48hrs. On Tuesday, as i was logging on to check shipment, i stumbled on these reviews and my heart fell!!! I had just spent almost $100 and reading these reviews scared me silly. I called their customer service and was on hold for 30mins, i hung up and called again and someone immediately picked up. she was nice and very professional, assured me my products have been shipped, verified my correct email address and resent both the invoice and shipment details as we spoke. I was still skeptical and to prep myself, i decided to see this as a lost venture. Friday afternoon, i get back from work and found their package. Products were neatly packaged and nothing was broken or missing. They substituted a weave color 2 .I ordered with a 1B, it would have been nice to be informed but i wasn't too bothered by it. I'm just glad I got my products and have no bad tale to tell.

katrinam33
9/25/17

I love that they have the broad selection of Adore colors. In my first order two items were missing.

I sent an email a couple days later and was requested that I send them a picture of the invoice and the box. I threw them away already.

Then I received an email from them that the remaining items were back ordered and would arrive at the warehouse the next day and would ship from there.

When I enquired again, they sent me the tracking number of the first box.

I responded that is the original shipment that is missing items and was delivered before they sent me an email that said they would ship the remaining products the next day.

They responded to that email by asking for a picture of the box and invoice again.

My response now, is threatening to dispute the charges unless I get a refund for the missing products in $48 hours.

faithr10
9/19/17

Please I beg of you!!!!!!!!!
Do not order from this company ever again, my order came in pieces; what a horror!!!! I spent 101.00 and hardly could have used any of this product.. the customer service lady was rude obnoxious and no one resolved my problems.. she told me because of $#*!ing customers like me who complains they will not serve the public better.... the worst!!!!!!!!!!!

lytc
9/19/17

I ordered from this company, and I was sent the wrong color. I called and after hitting every prompt to get someone, I finally left a message. I received a call back, and I was sent refund instructions. Not only did I have to pay for the return, I also was being charged a 30% restocking fee, and was then told I could not be refunded because the Pennsylvania's Health Regulations does not allow them to give refunds on hair pieces. I asked them to send me the "health regulations policy" that they are referring to, and of course I got did not receive a response. I then sent another email letting them know that I had not gotten a response....again, no response. I finally called and to my surprise someone picked up. I gave her my order number and told her I wanted a refund. She stated this regulations policy again, and so I asked her to email me the policy so that I can review it. I was placed on hold for 10 minutes, and then finally a man got on the call and said that my refund will be processed. I will never order from them again, and I urge anyone who is being challenged on their refund to be persistent and call them on their BS.

mattied6
9/8/17

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. There is no customer service. Calls are no answered or returned. Orders are not filled and no explanation is given. The company advertisement is false, claiming to ship within 3-7 days, I will be reporting it to the consumer protection agency as a fraud and/or scam. Buyer beware.

Hi Has anyone purchased goods from this website - did you experience any problems with their customer service?

By Billie R.

Questions? Get answers from the HouseOfBeautyWorld staff and other customers.

4 Photos for HouseOfBeautyWorld