Review of Hot or Not

sales@hotornot.com
2017 Customer choice award

michaelo105
11/17/17

This site is VERY shady. And beware, if you sign up for a "one day" subscription, you may find yourself getting recurring charges. I deleted my account and a few days later still got a charge of 79 cents. I deleted my account because the site already said my credit card was unlinked, so it was my last resort option, and STILL I am getting charges.

Speaking of which, they make deleting your account next to impossible. The delete screen starts starts with the classic trick of showing a big blue button that says "Stay on Hot or Not" with a small gray link below it that says Delete Account (trying to get you to accidentally click the big blue button instead). After a couple of screens like this, you are then asked to enter your password (AND enter a captcha, but I digress), but if you signed in via Facebook, you will have to actually first click "forgot your password" and create a password. Of course, this redirects you to a new page and you have to start all over. Eventually, you figure it out and delete your account, but if you pay attention there is all sorts of subtle trickery on the site to try to get you to click wrong buttons.

tomb307
11/12/17

Call your credit card company immediately and dispute the charge, tell them you didn't get what you paid for. If you live in TX, the Credit Card company will cancel the charges if you complain within 3 days. So, my recommendation is you not spend a dime with them, but take advantage of what they offer for free, and no more. There were some women that I had to pay to contact, I think those women don't exist. I paid, contacted them, got no reply, and noticed that my location changed from my home city to a city 5 hours away. I communicated with another member, and her home city was incorrect. When I complained to HotorNot support, they said Sorry Charlie, you already paid, used some of the credits, we won't refund you, we won't credit you back he coins, and heck we won't fix the city to be correct, they didn't actually say all those words, just 'sorry charlie'. I called my credit card company to complain to get my money back. Also, they seem to point you at potential dating partners in cities in different states than you are.

russellw35
11/8/17

i went to top up credits and it took payment without asking my permission or any payment options at all. somehow my card was added to my profile without my knowledge....

I want my $15 back but they don't give refunds

Tip for consumers: Don't use at all

andreyg12
9/24/17

This site entraps new users to sign up and immediately asks them to upload their photos, which it immediately publishes online without even telling them. Then it traps them in an infinite loop of redirecting them to a "verify your account" page prompting you take a photo of yourself making a certain gesture. The thing is, there's no way to actually get past this page, no matter how many times you take the requested photo. You can't delete your account because in order to do that, you first have to access your account page, but the geniuses who designed this site decided to redirect you from the account page every time you attempt to access it and send you to the verification page... over and over again. In other words; they let you sign up and don't give you any way to delete your account. Then they use your photos to drive more traffic to their site. It's a scam run by absolute morons who have no idea how to do web development and should have never been permitted to touch a computer

Tip for consumers: Don't EVER sign up for this site. I promise you it will be a never ending nightmare just to delete your account and take your photos off their site!

randomd
9/10/17

Keeps telling me to sign in using instagram. Then when i press instagram to confirm my identity, it just puts me in a loop saying confirm woth instagram. Hahaha such a sad app. Who ever created this should be sued

justrentp
8/16/17

I asked a women what she thought of hot or not, she stated laughing. As she had only signed up on one dating site add never heard of hot or not.
I signed up,she had not, yet we where talking ...curious

andrewm239
7/20/17

Pleased to report that there are REAL chicks on Hot or Not, not having any problems with scammers or any cam girls, which is a breath of fresh air. Last time I was this PLEASED with a dating site was when I used wejustfit.com (met my ex on it and am NOT going back in case I see her there lol). I'd recommend to any1 (especially guys) that are looking for a site you can TRUST. Cheers!

tyronk7
6/29/17

I recently tried this app. I paid 31.99 to use it. The next day it started having a crush screen. It said to send a crush to someone you don't know and cost money to do so. The app no longer works without immediately going to the send a crush screen that costs money. I have already paid and am not going to lie and say I have a crush on someone.

loul36
6/12/17

Sign up you can only say hi and hello. To get a full access, you have to build the access a bit at this time by adding more and more and more money. It's not a straight forward dating site. Don't get trapped. If you sign via Paypal or your credit card beware that they automatically link and charge you every month without refund. You are going to get your money back forget it.

gailh74
6/3/17

After 1 week, I have had nothing but scammers and sexters. I paid for it too. I shut it down. Its gross. I tried to give it no stars but it wouldn't let me. Terrible site.

janicep31
5/30/17

I have one friend that who me that match.com is the best and another who recommended wejustfit.com. I went for match because its the ads are over the TV and subway but im not really getting anywhere yet. Maybe I should have gone for both but I hoped id only need one membership, maybe in hindsight that was a bit lazy. Anyway, it's a good enough site and ive had a couple of date invitations so maybe things will improve soon. Heres hoping.

meowp
4/26/17

1- you clear up all guys' profiles in your area in 4 days. After that they show you boys 50-100 miles away. So don't buy super powers for more than 1 week
2- even with superpowers, they don't show likes, which is impossible since I get favorited all the time
3- they don't refund for credits you didn't want to buy. If you dont uncheck the box for an autorefill when it goes below 200 credits, they will suck your wallet. They took more than $30 without my acknowledgement

kevinc201
3/27/17

So many beautiful women on the site but I think 90 percent is fake profiles because no replies came in and I'm a good looking guy!! Don't pay for the site, it's a waste of money!!

daves229
2/8/17

First of all let me say I like Hot or Not and really believe they moved online dating mainstream. But I feel like theyve got lazy. I mean how is it really all that better from other busy websites like wejustfit.com or some of the others? I'm not sure the site is all that better than it was five years ago. Sure, it looks more modern and works on mobile but id like to see some innovation from online datings biggest name. I still use it because theyre the market leader, but id like to see them move things to the next level like they once did!

davido100
12/7/16

terrible site, bad owners and management.

brianah
9/18/16

A friend of mine made an account with my information, without my knowledge or consent. The best part of it is that I CANNOT GET THE PASSWORD TO HAVE IT TAKEN DOWN. My fiancé found it and now my relationship is in trouble.
I tried contacting someone to get help, but guess what... No one here cares. There's no one who can help. So now, I get to deal with the fact that someone is using my information to catfish people and NO ONE HERE WILL HELP FIX THE ISSUE. I've received THREATS because MY information is being using by someone on a dating site that doesn't give a sh*t.

peterh151
8/27/16

Feelin good rite now at least lol already had a date and findin the site super simple to use and all the other stuff easy enough. Sometimes I dont get replies from the ladies but I just stay positive, cant win them all you know lol! Up until I joined here I was just using wejustfit.com but got a new job and treated myself to another dating membership lol all working well so far, doubled up my chances lol and hopin the dates keep on comin an then ill be happy :-)

cyrusg12
8/10/16

I am still undecided if I like it or not. This site has the same issue as most other dating apps and sites and that issue is called fake profiles! And the site itself is not bad and really easy to use. But once you use reliable dating sites like Mingle2day and Match you will feel the difference somehow. So it did not convince me but it is not bad at all.

alexandriar5
Alexandria R.
8/9/16

i put "taken" "looking for friends" and post pictures of just my face all covered up in 3 layers of clothes. BUNCH OF PERVS CONSTANTLY BARADING ME i literally had a 60 year old man (out of dozens) say"taken? Whoever has you is the luckiest. you are young, beautiful-delicate- talented,..." and you dont even want to read the rest. thats the CLEAN part. i never talked to anyon with these intentions but i still was baraded. CONSTANTLY. if you are looking to make friends this is a NO GO. if you want to get up and talk nasty and degrade yourself thengo ahead.

hayleym16
7/30/16

I made a profile a quite a while ago and now i'm being told i have several accounts, my old Facebook has been deactivated and i deleted my old Hot or Not account, Delete your account ASAP it will steal your information and make fake accounts.

seanc73
7/28/16

Id say HotorNot is the reliable Ford of the dating world. Its better than the over hyped and common SUVs (tinder) but not as good as a BMW or Mercedes (WeJustFit.com, etc). I use it because I have done for years and will keep using it, because I know what to expect and as long as I dont expect too much, it can still pleasantly surprise me sometimes. Good customer service (US based I think) and easy to use on my phone (my computer broke months ago). In short, it gets me where I want to go, eventually. At the end of the day, what more can I ask for at that price?

richards244
7/1/16

I was on the site for 2 weeks and chatted with a lot of women. Not one of them turned out to be legitimate. They were complete con artist. It's just a crappy app full of thieves and liars. I would think that considering you are paying for the service, they would do a little homework to authenticate their clientele. Piss poor. Don't do it.

macr16
6/5/16

I've tried reporting an underage girl the told me she was 16 after swapping Snapchat ID's. There isn't a way to report underage use on the app nor is there a true way to contact customer support about the issue. 1377854470 is her profile ID. Her name is Layne and claims to be 18, even though she admitted to me she was 16. She even has a private picture up. Way to go Hot or Not by keeping us users safe of potential underage hook ups! Do something about this problem.... thanks.

andrews204
5/5/16

They delete photos of you if THEY think its not you
Yet ive seen many celebs as main photos that clearly ate NOT the actual person who own the profile.
The MODERATORS are clearly bias and blind!!

anond
4/24/16

They purposely block the google pics and tineye add ons that allow checking for catfish, and there's lot of them there. Why would a site with any integrity block that ability?

138 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Well, one girl who contacted me claims she's in the US military stationed in Syria. After a few emails she's head over heels in love with me and wants me to help her go on leave so she can see me. Not!

By Christopher H.

I've since deleted my profile. I had women claiming to be 30 still pictured wearing braces. Either they're underage or police posing as such to snare sex offenders. Anybody admits to me being underage on that site I would block them immediately and report them to Hot or Not. This way I'm covered in case law enforcement traces my IP address and shows up on my doorstep.

By Christopher H.

Questions? Get answers from the Hot or Not staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Hot or Not