Review of HockeyMonkey

Tel: 1 888 286 6169
hockey@monkeysports.com

willo16
1/7/19

Ran out of the shoulder pads I wanted so was offered another cheaper set for THE SAME PRICE! Then they ran out of these pads and haven't contacted me back, so the equipment I need in a weeks time must be collecting dust in a warehouse somewhere.

nicholasj51
12/27/18

Terrible customer service, a return process from the stone age and poor terms and conditions. Bought an item on sale, needed to return it, but was told since it was on sale they could only issue an in store credit. Customer service rep, who for his livelihood I will keep him nameless, was rude and only would repeatedly say "when you hit the submit order button, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions." Was a completely canned response, because I am sure others have complained about this. Plus you need to call to get a return number and follow their process to a T or risk getting no refund/store credit. Will never buy from again. Terrible terms and conditions, customer service and return process for an online merchant.

dianeh300
12/26/18

The merchandise was incorrectly packaged as a large, yet they would not provide free shipping on the return. TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME. DO NOT BUT ANYTHING FROM THIS SITE>

ryans400
12/6/18

Terrible customer service on returns. The fact that I have to pay for a box and pay shipping on returns and was told the shipping label was taken care of and was actually not is ridiculous. I will never shop at hockey monkey again!

amberb160
11/20/18

We nor anyone we know will ever is hockey monkey again they aren't helpful sizing charts are wrong get blades have to send them back wait forever for a refund which comes back wrong and ow have to wait another week for the rest of my money. I do not recommend them at all

sherryl110
10/9/18

Just received an entire page of return "instructions" from Hockeymonkey.com/ Monkeysports.com including having to buy an additional box to put their original shipping box in to send back to them at my expense. Not to mention 3 small-font paragraphs of additional weaseling language intended to discourage returns. Glad I charged it on a credit card that will eventually tell them to "eat it" if they try to weasel out of the return. Ridiculous!

Tip for consumers: Do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere.

sr181
8/9/18

Shipped partial order. Never mentioned anything about an out of stock item. Charged full price. Had to contact to get a refund, lost time.

blueshirtsp
7/14/18

If you ever have to change anything on your order you will regret it. This company is the reason that Amazon is putting other companies out of business. Customer service was not helpful at all. They charged me for my items and then held me hostage not shipping them. I offered several alternatives to get them to ship me the items though they refused to send anything or cancel my order. Look elsewhere.

shanek34
5/7/18

I tried cancelling an order within 4 hours of placing it. The rep said the skates shipped already. I said okay I'll send them back, but he said I had to pay for shipping. Why would I pay for shipping when I was trying to cancel the order in the first place. He would not work with me. I will never use Hockey Monkey in the future

carlan15
12/20/17

I will never order from this company again. I ordered on Black Friday and got shipping confirmation and tracking number in an email. The order never shipped and ended up going back to HockeyMonkey. I called and asked why. They said UPS said I never picked up the order. The order was supposed to be delivered to my house! I never knew it was even at a UPS hub. I asked them to re-ship it overnight so I would have in time for my family Christmas and they said it would cost me $43.00. I said "no way!" it's not my fault it didn't get delivered to me! They said they could ship it regular for free. I said go ahead. I still do not have this order and it's been another week. 2 phone calls and no one has returned my call. I finally got through again and the person said it's shipping out today but won't have a tracking number until tomorrow. This means it never shipped out last week when they said it would. If I hadn't called it probably never would have shipped! Horrible, horrible, horrible. I'm not holding my breath on getting this order any time soon. My next step will be asking for my money back from my bank!

bryanm112
12/20/17

HockeyMonkey does not accept returns. Made a request to return an item that did not fit and was told I would have to pay for return shipping. Complained that receipt stated free return shipping for US customers. Was told over and over again that I would receive refund minus $5 for return shipping. Shipped item back and a few days later received store credit for less than 50% purchase price. Horrible customer service. Will not buy from again.

adriennec20
12/15/17

Sure the initial price was great ....until item didn't fit properly. Trying to return something to hockey monkey is SO FRUSTRATING. It would be easier to take your wrong size or broken item and sell it locally than to return it to hockeymonkey in attempt to get a refund. Will not shop with hockeymonkey again and will tell my friends not to either. If they start putting more effort into customer service in the future, maybe I would be swayed back.

billk105
11/21/17

Horrible customer service.
They are not interested in keeping customers or their return business.
Once they have your $$$ they are gonna keep it.
When there are issues there is no regard for culpability on their part.
HM product descriptions, representation of items and and their policies should ALL be considered suspect. (see post where item sold wasn't even made by CCM, or selling helmets with expired cert!!)
When you have a problem with their products (mine was sizing, based on HM cust service recommend) they will require you to cover return shipping, restocking fees AND they will not return money, credit only.
Too many other retailers who provide accurate info and wish to have your return business.

davida390
10/24/17

I traditionally shop at InlineWarehouse, which has great customer service, but these guys were having a sale and I figured I'd give it a shot. BIG mistake!

I ordered a standard Alkali shaft and some Bauer blades. There was an issue with a defective hosel on the shaft and the blades would not fit. This company refused to refund me for the shaft despite their product being defective.

I will never shop with this company again and I suggest that you avoid doing so.

kp116
10/20/17

I have made two purchases from Hockey Monkey. The orders came with no problem. The problem began when an item needed to be returned as it was not true to description. I emailed the company and received a response asking me a question about the item. I responded and never received help after that. Two weeks later still waiting...I had sent two more emails asking for advisement on the return and finally got a rep to answer with no help at all.
Because of the footwork I have had to do to get responses, find return forms, and pay for shipping on a product that was not true to it's description, I will no longer be using Hockey Monkey any longer. There are far more competent companies who appreciate their customers.

thomass229
9/18/17

Don't buy from this company, they do not stand behind their products nor help you with the original manufacture with defective parts. First and last time for me.

gabrielay
9/15/17

I should have looked at the reviews before purchasing off of the site. The prices are very similar to the NHL shop, but Hockey Monkey had a 25 percent markdown on all jerseys during Labor Day so I ordered a birthday present for my husband. Unfortunately, I had an issue and after the initial conversation, it was like pulling teeth trying to get any further correspondence from the rep. Even if the news wasn't in my favor, I would have appreciated feedback versus waiting idly regarding the original issue. Buy your jerseys on an official site, you'd get better quality, and service overall.

josephp110
8/31/17

Hockey Monkey is a joke! My son got a certificate for $20 for being named to a all-star team at a national Tournament and the the credit can't be used towards shipping ($7.99) and to top it off no other promotional discounts can be used! So his $20 award is really a $7 award. If you wanted to buy a $100 Stick and they were offering 25% off for Labor Day you are better off just burning the award certificate and taking the promo. Way to screw kids out of there awards, or should I say there parents out of there hard eared money.
Shame on you Hockey Monkey

janeg65
8/26/17

Purchased a x-large CCM jock for my son using the sizing chart and it is to small - they won't accept returns on jocks even though it is still in the bag and the tags are still on it - will not be buying from this company again.

bj188
8/11/17

Bought a 40 inch CCM bag from hockey monkey, 3rd use mesh corners tear out, hockey monkey will only back the warranty if I assume all shipping costs, that doubles the cost of the bag to me, not worth it, complain to CCM and they are shipping me a new bag and a return shipping label, exchange will be done at no cost to me and surprise surprise, the UPC from the bag dosent match anything in CCM's inventory?? Either hockey monkey ordered it special or they are selling knock offs, I won't do business with them any more

elaz
3/9/17

Return policy
Customer service
Items
We received damage stuff and a company didn't get our many back

neild43
2/21/17

Bought my son a chest protector, the sizing chart was from the manufacturer so I don't blame hockey monkey for that, but it was much to small, even though it is his height. Figured I could just throw it back in the box and attach a return label, and drop it off, because in the year 2017 who doesn't offer that? Then I realize I have to call the company for a return authorization, then follow 100 steps to return the item. Including writing my return authorization number everywhere. then write out the return address and go wait in line to pay for shipping back to hockey monkey. The entire time hoping my return goes through, because of the warnings that if you don't follow all of the instructions on a return you won't be credited... Come on!!!

More than likely won't be using hockeymonkey again if this is the way the return policy stays...

lisam394
1/31/17

If your item doesn't work out for you, forget an easy return process, and forget about just simply exchanging. You have to pay to mail back the item, wait for a credit (while hoping the item you need doesn't go out of stock in the meantime) and then purchase the item you need, and yet again, pay for shipping. We returned our item which at this point they can't locate AND without an order number they can't help you. Even when I offered the RMA# that THEY provided me with--they said they couldn't look anything up. This is soooo not worth the minimal savings....spread the word in the hockey community!!!

coryn9
11/25/16

Hockey monkey has the 35% black Friday deal going on, on all clearance items. I tried to order a new cage for my helmet, entered the code that THEY have listed on THEIR site, and tells me the code is invalid (even though it says in green letters just below the add to cart button that it's available for said discount).

Called them, and they said it was and error to be listed, but no one has taken it off yet, or changed anything about it.. looked at their sales agreement, and no where on there says that items can be changed at any time.. so basically piss off!

Won't shop there again, and would suggest no one else take the chance!

Have screen shots of everything too incase they try changing things after the chewing I gave..

bradleyc43
9/19/16

I ordered a couple jerseys for my hockey team, spending well over 100 dollars. I order the jerseys 3 weeks in advance of my first league game. I called a week after placing my order, to just have a color changed of the lettering. Which wasn't a problem because they hadn't even started on the jerseys. A week before my game I called back to check on my order after I was sent a notification that my jerseys was done and was shipping. They told me that they still hadn't started on my jersey and that the jerseys wouldn't be here until after my first game. So, I told them that I needed them by my first game. So, I was told that my shipping would be upped and that they would get them to me by the Friday before my game. After receiving my shipping notification, I realized that the jerseys were being shipped UPS Ground and not at a faster rate like I was told. I then made a call into the business and was assured that the jerseys would be there the Friday before my game. My jerseys didn't arrive until after my first game, of course. So, I call them and I request a full refund for my Jerseys. Since I had stressed out and had to call them several times just for them to openly lie to me and refuse to give their information. I was hung up on and told, after asking to speak to a supervisor that there were no supervisors and that the gentleman I was talking to was in fact the highest ranking person in the company. They offered to give 20ish dollars back on my 150ish dollar order. Bringing me to a dead end.

Questions? Get answers from the HockeyMonkey staff and other customers.

HockeyMonkey?