Review of Gymboree

Tel: 1465489036
netadmin@gymboree.com

mariav42
12/9/17

Ordered on black Friday(first time) and it'll be last one as well. one pair of pants was missing on my order, sent email and waited for over a week with no answer, I decided to call, and it was a ridiculous waiting time for over an hour. I told the representative that 1 pair of pants was missing from my order, he said ..probably it wasn't sent because it was out of stock! if it was out of stock ,why is it that product is still showing in the items available? why wasn't advised that one of the products in my order was out of stock before shipping them? so could have decided whether I wanted the rest of the order or NOT!! he also said in a sarcastic way that there was nothing that he could do about it, that he could check if any of the nearby stores have the product, but he didn't guaranteed that I was going to get it for the same price. Gymboree sucks...Big time!!!

nicolef77
12/7/17

I was so excited to find matching pajamas for all my girls for Christmas. Paying for the pyjamas, there was a $13 shipping cost, which wasn't too bad. However when the package arrived, alongside it came a custom charge of $51.00!!!! So so sad and disappointed as I would have ordered more locally. The things I ordered, which totalled $118.00 Canadian ended up costing me $200.

denisew106
12/7/17

Web order was incorrect, and was unable to correct as their website order history was not working. Spent an hour OTP waiting for customer service and then the rep. hangs up on me.

Will NEVER shop their again.

lizl50
12/6/17

I used to buy from Gymboree and the quality was incredible. But my daughter told me a couple of months ago that they were going out of business. My grandaughter wears a 3T. I too had to wait a very long time to get them. I got 3 shirts today and they look really small and the quality of the fabric isn't that great. Hopefully they will fit because I ordered some summer clothes. I really hope they fit because I have a feeling it would be impossible to get a refund. Time will tell

lucyd39
12/5/17

Same with me! I ordered online, approx. $50. They charged $11 shipping. When I questioned Gymboree where my package was, they said it's being sent via UPS, but the tracking # didn't work. Then I got a FedEx slip on my door, saying duty was almost $40??!! What's up with that??!!

lianysh
11/30/17

I order some clothes on Black Friday for 51 USD, I got charge 11 USD for shipment. Once in Canada FedEx charged me 28.74 CAD. I don't think that online chopping with Gymboree from Canada has lot of sense. I should read the reviews before placing my order. I did like the kids clothes that they sent me.

kristyk10
11/28/17

ON BLACK FRIDAY I MADE MY FIRST EVER ONLINE ORDER FROM Gymboree. SPENT AN HOUR CHOOSING MY ITEMS AND THEN WENT TO CHECKOUT SCREEN. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED WHEN MY CANADIAN POSTAL CODE WAS NOT ACCEPTED. I HAD TO CALL CUSTOMER SUPPORT WHERE IT TOOK 45 MINUTES TO ENTER MY ADDRESS (HAD MY HUSBAND FINISH THE CALL SO I COULD GO TO WORK). ALSO, THE REP COULD NOT LINK MY PHYSICAL REWARDS CARD THAT I RECEIVED IN THE STORE TO MY NEW ONLINE ACCOUNT (SO NOW I HAVE POINTS IN MULTIPLE PLACES).
THEN TODAY (NOV 28) I RECEIVE A CALL FROM FEDEX TO PAY $51.35 IN DUTY AND TAX??? I HAD NO IDEA THAT THIS ORDER WAS SHIPPING FROM THE US AND THAT I WOULD BE CHARGED SO MUCH, MY ORDER WAS ONLY $86! IT HAS NOT SHOWN UP ON VISA SO I AM CURIOUS AS TO HOW MUCH YOUR COMPANY IS GOING TO CHARGE ME. WILL IT BE $86 CANADIAN OR US? I WILL DEFINITELY NOT BE SHOPPING ONLINE HERE AGAIN UNLESS THIS CAN BE RESOLVED QUICKLY AND FAIRLY. I FEELDECEIVED AND TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF. I SHOP ONLINE OFTEN AND HAVE NEVER HAD THIS HAPPEN

aminaf2
11/25/17

I was about to place an order but realized its probably in american currency.usually companies will ask you to select which country you live in so the price will be shown in your currency..also there are duties and taxes which you will be charged upon arrival of ure package.This information is no where to be found on website..;( so basically your 100$ order will be like 200$ with the exchange rate plus duty fees..not worth ordering from gymboree.if you live in canada you have to go to actual store..I read many people didnt know about this and after couldnt cancel their order.thank god i did my research ..BEWARE If ordering from Canada!!!!

maduagwuc
11/18/17

I'm very angry even more at my self because after my previous experience with them I unsubscribed but I kept getting emails. Unfortunately I bought stuff online again and I'm yet to receive it ,I've been charged, I can't track my order, the stupid customer service line is not available on Saturday,....why the heck does their website say they are available Saturdays? This company should be locked - after they refund me of course...very very sad.

kateb97
11/17/17

Never received a confirmation email, they tried to charge my credit card twice and when trying to email for a confirmation number I never heard back from anyone. Worst customer service and company to do business with.

mariab194
11/14/17

I made an order but didn't get any confirmation email. Also there are some mystery problems with my gymboree.com account - I can neither enter it nor restore password. Customer service is dead (I've been on the line ~50 minutes with no result, noone answers my emails). Will wait another week for my order delivery and then will cancel transaction via bank.

Very disappointed

tracid6
11/14/17

Gymboree should be ashamed of themselves. Terrible customer service. No option to speak to a manager. You're not able to cancel an order an hour after it's made because apparently it's gone to the warehouse. I feel so ripped off.. I'm going to report them to Paypal for any good it will do. Stay away from this company.

myeshiaa
11/6/17

I ordered clothes for my children and of course I wash them prior to putting them on my kids. Well the neck lines and hems were all stretched out as if they had been worn for months when they were brand new!ba complete waste of money when it is basically like shopping at a Walmart now.

sumiw1
11/1/17

My package was missing and I called them and emailed them more than 5 times.
But I still need to call USPS for tracking my package or call my bank for dispute the transaction.
The customer service totally only followed the ridiculous scripted sentences, and does not help to solve the issue.

I do not understand how management let them do like this?
I am trying to talk to somebody in headquarters.

lucyx3
10/30/17

Never receive my online order and terrible customer service asking me to go to the bank! How is the bank related to the missing package!

jolenek2
10/23/17

I am wondering if Ill ever get my order from Gymboree, it has been weeks and I cannot seem to get any customer service assistance.

marias289
9/27/17

GYMBOREE IN DELIVERY HAS THE WORSE! LIKE THE WORSE DELIVERY SYSTEM EVER!! AND THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS EVEN WORSE, THESE WOMEN BARWLY SPEAK ENGLISH THEY ARE NOT ABLE TO HELP YOU WITH ANYTHING, YOU TELL THEM TO HELP YOU WITH THE ORDER APPARANTLEY THEY CANT! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!! THE WORSE!! SMH!!

angelb60
9/4/17

I have been shopping at Gymboree for 13 years, but no more. The clothes used to be all cotton, ADORABLE, totally kids clothes with comfort and quality. The Gymboree of today is unrecognizable! So sad. The last things I ordered were lousy quality, they washed poorly, uneven hems and seams, garish designs - nothing charming, no cute appliques, just cheap prints, glitter, and junk. My daughter wouldn't even wear the stuff, it was so uncomfortable - and this is after a lifetime of wearing Gymboree! I just went online to buy a couple of simple tees on sale, but no, they don't even have their soft, comfy, sturdy cotton tees anymore. Gymboree is dead; long live Land's End!

kasial1
8/29/17

I love the baby and toddler clothes at Gymboree. It's definitely my favorite store to shop for new outfits for my kids. They have unique designs you really can't find anywhere else and the quality is always there. I just wish that the clothes weren't so expensive, but I guess you really do get what you pay for. I've also bought online and later returned items that didn't fit in the store without any issues.

Tip for consumers: Shipping for online purchases tends to be slow, so plan ahead. And take advantage of gymbucks offer when you can.

gabic4
8/22/17

I used to be in love with Gymboree clothes. No matter what I purchased, everything was original, of great quality and beautifully detailed! Now, all the clothes start looking like faded glory or carters. In the past, I didn't mind paying extra to have beautifully made clothes. Well, I have an issue with that now. clothes after washing and drying are wrinkled, the tshirt necks are bizarrely sewn up! what happened to Gymboree? one time, they charged me three times for the same order. When I received the same second order, I used the return label that was included in the box to send the items back. BEWARE. they charged me 7 dollars to return the order they sent to me by mistake! 7 dollars! When I called them, they said if I read the return label, I would've seen the amount id be charged with. I'm used to amazon.com return no hassle policy. Gymboree tactics are not cool!

nilupikak
8/7/17

DO NOT order online from Gymboree. They lost my packages and they dont even refund the money. Package was lost from their fault and their customer care is a piece of $#*!. I had to go through my bank to get the money back and I had to waste lots of time on this.

evelinf1
7/30/17

Gymboree is stealing it's been almost 1 month and the two time they double charged me hasn't been reflecting in my bank account and today was the deal breaker I place and order I got charged but my items didn't get placed, I called they said that the money is gonna go back 2-5 business days bull$#*!... what Gymboree is doing they the charged you and they don't give you your items and they don't return your money back when there is a mistake, grrr so $#*!ing upset

lindac287
7/15/17

It's been three days since my order and I haven't received the gymbucks that the agent promised me from the back office. I called in today to inquire about it and the agent was not helpful at all, took 20 min of me repeatedly explaining my situation and at the end of it she goes "Are you ready to place your order?" ARE YOU F* KIDDING ME ?! Finally I was promised again that I will receive my gymbucks after wasting so much time. Will give this business zero star if possible.

amberd52
6/28/17

Do not waste your money here. I was initially very excited thinking I was getting a great deal on some cute clothing for my daughter. One of the rompers (Item no. 140165554) I got (A size bigger than my daughter is) is WAY too small AND is not easy to operate for a 4 year old. It has buttons in the back and no elasticity or slack to pull down to use the restroom. Gymboree wanted $7 to ship it back to get a "refund" on a romper that cost $8.79. I could "go to the store" to return it, but the nearest Gymboree to me is a 35 minute drive there and another 35 back, not including the hassle of being at a mall. An hour and 10 minute drive isn't worth the "refund" either. No other large company operates this way. It's not my fault that their sizing is off and their design is horrendously flawed. I am not normally one to complain, but I am not happy about this and will not be shopping at Gymboree again.

courtneym87
6/18/17

Apparently the Gymboree website wanted me to place a second order 18 hours after my first. It was only for one item (thankfully!!) but none the less, they charged my card a second time. I placed my order 6/16/17 and received confirmation right away, awesome! Woke up 6/17/17 to yet ANOTHER confirmation number with a different order number and another charge to my account. I tried calling right away to no avail since they are west coast and I'm on the east coast so I sent an email. They told me that even if I did call when I woke up, it would not have mattered as it enters the shipping stage within an hour after placing an order. The order was supposedly placed at 5 am my time meaning 2 am on the west coast and they didn't open until 10 am my time. Thanks Gymboree for charging my card a second time without my permission!

19 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Gymboree staff and other customers.

Gymboree?