Review of Gymboree

Tel: 1465489036
netadmin@gymboree.com

charm176
2/15/18

I do like Gymborees clothes, but buying online is definitely not worth the prices nor the hassle! I wish I would have read reviews first but I figured they are a reputable company in almost every mall, why would it be any different buying online?! Well, lets just say that I was unaware they don't have a "Canadian" online store. so my $66 purchase then became an $87 purchase(what was actually charge on my cc). The tracking number I had received in an email didn't work (by clicking on it from the email), but noticed the shipping company was DHL. After several attempts, I finally found my shipment using the DHL website. And it had a message at the top saying "kindly read if your package hasn't been delivered". Looked closely below and it had been picked up my Canada Post in Mississauga and also mentioned COD. Finally at day 14, received a pick-up notification from Canada Post and $26.74 owed. Basically, my order ended up costing me $114 and 2 weeks to get my order. Honesty, not worth it. I buy almost everything online and this has never happened to me before. I won't be buying online from Gymboree again!

moranj
1/29/18

I must say that I like their cloths however, the experience I had to purchase online was really frustrating! I had to return few items and they never credited me back on the full amount and I have been chasing them for months now. Their online customer service is not organized and not professional (unlike other brands I have purchased).
I will only buy from their stores Never online!

bent331
1/18/18

WARNING: My wife followed the link of gymboree.com Canda and shopped there. Well, there is no gymboree canada online as you will always get redirected to the US site. So she shopped and told me the amount thinking it was in Canadian. I found out that it was USD when it got charged to my credit card. The sad part was when it arrived at Canada Post and I went to pick it up. Of the $148, I had to pay an extra cash or debit in the amount of $41 for duties. My wife was not aware of any disclosure from gymboree about the duties.

carolv39
1/12/18

I agree with another customer - if I was able to give them 0 stars I would have. WORST online experience ever. I ordered from Canada - seemingly from the Canadian site. I wasn't told it would be IN $USD. There was also a $55 charge for shipping (when it was noted as free shipping). The 7 day shipping took about a month. And the tracking code led to ... nothing. No way to track ever. And no customer service rep would return an email. RUN don't walk. They are a disaster.

susanl213
1/10/18

You have to give at least one star to be able to submit this review or you can not submit the review . I would not have given any stars . Two weeks ago I placed an order with Gymboree and used pay pal to pay for it. The amount was debited out of my account so I expected to get an email letting me know my order had been shipped. As of today I have received nothing. A week ago I phoned their customer service (Their customer service reps work outside Canada and the States ) they told me I would receive an email and that my order was being shipped. She gave me a confirmation number while I was on the phone with her. Needless to say I did not get the email or shipment. When I phoned back today and spoke to another phone rep I was advised the number given to me by the first phone rep does not exist. This took half an hour on the phone with her as she continually put me on hold while she said she had to check into what was going on. I think she was hoping I would hang up. The phone call ended with her telling me that she would contact Gymboree to email me to let me know what was going on. What is the point of having phone reps If they can not solve your problem, and each one of them is giving you a different answer. Terrible customer service. I still do not know what is going on with my order. Still no email from Gymboree. When I try to log on to find out I am told to change my password. Then I am asked to check my email to change the password When I check my email nothing from Gymboree. Be very careful ordering anything online from this company. They need to get their very poor standard of customer service sorted out. If I worked like their phone reps I would be fired .

tomm1430
1/7/18

1st, could not submit order and kept getting some obscure error message about characters that were allowed. ALL of the characters I had in the message box WERE in the allowed characters box. I retyped FIVE $#*!ING TIMES and it didn't accept it. Finally I all but eliminated the message except to say Happy Birthday before it let me submit order. Took me TWENTY minutes. Then the party I sent to did not receive the E-CARD (Get it? E-CARD, sent via email) a full day after I ordered. I called customer service which involved talking to someone who could not speak English. I was told there's a two-day verification process. For an E-Card? Are you kidding me? This is not posted on the order form tough I was told by the stupid customer service person that it's in their terms of service. Oh, and we all read those 15-page documents before hitting send, right? DON'T SHOP THIS CRAP SITE, AWFUL!

tuyenn2
1/3/18

I have making six purchases all that is over chart and some of them is over chart, 100% I called them find out what the problem is they not cooperate the customer service is suck taking 3 day Tuesday was a problem finally I find out what the problem is a lot of those item I did not order they throw them in and they charged me anyway and I tell them to cancel all those older and they say no and they have to investigate and all that kind of stuff be careful what you ordered gymboree.com

lalital1
1/2/18

I cancelled my order for which I got cancellation confirmation email also after cancelling the order and it says "Your order has been cancelled". 10 hours later I got another email which says "Your order has shipped" I called customer service and Rep. told me that its not cancelled and even its not in the system records that I spoke to someone for the cancellation.

I forwarded that cancellation confirmation email 4 times and spoke to 4 different customer care Reps. but none of them was able to see my emails. How surprised or shocking it is. I was getting replies(which were not relevant to my concerns at all) for those emails from these people:

1)Angel

2)Mary Ann

3)Cris
877-449-6932

But replies were so different from what I was asking.

Unfortunately I am stuck and this order is FORCEFULLY SENT TO ME BY GYMBOREE.

AND the first customer care representative told me that if in any case she is unable to cancel my order I can refuse to recieve it and Gymboree will get the package back . after this process I will get all my money back.

But the Last rep Keran told me that If I refuse the package I will not anything back neither the package not the money. Gymboree is MISGUIDING ITS CUSTOMERS.

What if with the incorrect information I refuse to take the package and I loose package and my money both. Who will be responsible for that.

juanp85
12/31/17

They sent the order to the wrong address, customer service did nothing, and in the end they took my money and I didnt get my order.

minniem22
12/21/17

I am very disappointed with Gymboree Online!!!! I ordered a dress and an accessory for my little girl last December 5 ,2017 and these are suppose to be for her Christmas gift. But, until now I have not receive it yet...I just ruined her Christmas...This is the worst place to order online and you bet this is last time I will order anything online from Gymboree... Too bad you already lost a client!!!! :( :( :(

maryd320
12/20/17

I had a terrible time with an e-card with them last year and stupidly tried again. To send someone an E-CARD, it takes three business days...but even then, you can't track it, there is no way to see if it is delivered. The telephone customer service is so bad. I have been on hold for an hour just to check if an EMAIL was sent by them. I will never, ever use them again. They were terrible with shipping items I had ordered so I thought I would do this, but forget it. I need to just call my credit card and cancel the transaction. Ruined my Christmas present for sure. Don't use this company online.

mahmouda21
12/17/17

i cant check my order status - after i pay and money taken my order disappear , no customer service . never try again

mariav42
12/9/17

Ordered on black Friday(first time) and it'll be last one as well. one pair of pants was missing on my order, sent email and waited for over a week with no answer, I decided to call, and it was a ridiculous waiting time for over an hour. I told the representative that 1 pair of pants was missing from my order, he said ..probably it wasn't sent because it was out of stock! if it was out of stock ,why is it that product is still showing in the items available? why wasn't advised that one of the products in my order was out of stock before shipping them? so could have decided whether I wanted the rest of the order or NOT!! he also said in a sarcastic way that there was nothing that he could do about it, that he could check if any of the nearby stores have the product, but he didn't guaranteed that I was going to get it for the same price. Gymboree sucks...Big time!!!

nicolef77
12/7/17

I was so excited to find matching pajamas for all my girls for Christmas. Paying for the pyjamas, there was a $13 shipping cost, which wasn't too bad. However when the package arrived, alongside it came a custom charge of $51.00!!!! So so sad and disappointed as I would have ordered more locally. The things I ordered, which totalled $118.00 Canadian ended up costing me $200.

denisew106
12/7/17

Web order was incorrect, and was unable to correct as their website order history was not working. Spent an hour OTP waiting for customer service and then the rep. hangs up on me.

Will NEVER shop their again.

lizl50
12/6/17

I used to buy from Gymboree and the quality was incredible. But my daughter told me a couple of months ago that they were going out of business. My grandaughter wears a 3T. I too had to wait a very long time to get them. I got 3 shirts today and they look really small and the quality of the fabric isn't that great. Hopefully they will fit because I ordered some summer clothes. I really hope they fit because I have a feeling it would be impossible to get a refund. Time will tell

lucyd39
12/5/17

Same with me! I ordered online, approx. $50. They charged $11 shipping. When I questioned Gymboree where my package was, they said it's being sent via UPS, but the tracking # didn't work. Then I got a FedEx slip on my door, saying duty was almost $40??!! What's up with that??!!

lianysh
11/30/17

I order some clothes on Black Friday for 51 USD, I got charge 11 USD for shipment. Once in Canada FedEx charged me 28.74 CAD. I don't think that online chopping with Gymboree from Canada has lot of sense. I should read the reviews before placing my order. I did like the kids clothes that they sent me.

kristyk10
11/28/17

ON BLACK FRIDAY I MADE MY FIRST EVER ONLINE ORDER FROM Gymboree. SPENT AN HOUR CHOOSING MY ITEMS AND THEN WENT TO CHECKOUT SCREEN. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED WHEN MY CANADIAN POSTAL CODE WAS NOT ACCEPTED. I HAD TO CALL CUSTOMER SUPPORT WHERE IT TOOK 45 MINUTES TO ENTER MY ADDRESS (HAD MY HUSBAND FINISH THE CALL SO I COULD GO TO WORK). ALSO, THE REP COULD NOT LINK MY PHYSICAL REWARDS CARD THAT I RECEIVED IN THE STORE TO MY NEW ONLINE ACCOUNT (SO NOW I HAVE POINTS IN MULTIPLE PLACES).
THEN TODAY (NOV 28) I RECEIVE A CALL FROM FEDEX TO PAY $51.35 IN DUTY AND TAX??? I HAD NO IDEA THAT THIS ORDER WAS SHIPPING FROM THE US AND THAT I WOULD BE CHARGED SO MUCH, MY ORDER WAS ONLY $86! IT HAS NOT SHOWN UP ON VISA SO I AM CURIOUS AS TO HOW MUCH YOUR COMPANY IS GOING TO CHARGE ME. WILL IT BE $86 CANADIAN OR US? I WILL DEFINITELY NOT BE SHOPPING ONLINE HERE AGAIN UNLESS THIS CAN BE RESOLVED QUICKLY AND FAIRLY. I FEELDECEIVED AND TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF. I SHOP ONLINE OFTEN AND HAVE NEVER HAD THIS HAPPEN

aminaf2
11/25/17

I was about to place an order but realized its probably in american currency.usually companies will ask you to select which country you live in so the price will be shown in your currency..also there are duties and taxes which you will be charged upon arrival of ure package.This information is no where to be found on website..;( so basically your 100$ order will be like 200$ with the exchange rate plus duty fees..not worth ordering from gymboree.if you live in canada you have to go to actual store..I read many people didnt know about this and after couldnt cancel their order.thank god i did my research ..BEWARE If ordering from Canada!!!!

maduagwuc
11/18/17

I'm very angry even more at my self because after my previous experience with them I unsubscribed but I kept getting emails. Unfortunately I bought stuff online again and I'm yet to receive it ,I've been charged, I can't track my order, the stupid customer service line is not available on Saturday,....why the heck does their website say they are available Saturdays? This company should be locked - after they refund me of course...very very sad.

kateb97
11/17/17

Never received a confirmation email, they tried to charge my credit card twice and when trying to email for a confirmation number I never heard back from anyone. Worst customer service and company to do business with.

mariab194
11/14/17

I made an order but didn't get any confirmation email. Also there are some mystery problems with my gymboree.com account - I can neither enter it nor restore password. Customer service is dead (I've been on the line ~50 minutes with no result, noone answers my emails). Will wait another week for my order delivery and then will cancel transaction via bank.

Very disappointed

tracid6
11/14/17

Gymboree should be ashamed of themselves. Terrible customer service. No option to speak to a manager. You're not able to cancel an order an hour after it's made because apparently it's gone to the warehouse. I feel so ripped off.. I'm going to report them to Paypal for any good it will do. Stay away from this company.

myeshiaa
11/6/17

I ordered clothes for my children and of course I wash them prior to putting them on my kids. Well the neck lines and hems were all stretched out as if they had been worn for months when they were brand new!ba complete waste of money when it is basically like shopping at a Walmart now.

19 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Gymboree staff and other customers.

Gymboree?