Review of GMX

Wayne, PA 19087, US
legalnotice@gmx.com

peytonh14
2/1/19

the worst of the worst! You can't get your account information so if you forget your username or password you can forget about ever getting that back. Customer service is a JOKE!!!!!!! there's no possible way so if this is what you have for your social media accounts you can kiss those goodbye too! this is the worst not to mention if you arent checking your email every single day they close your account and there is no way for you to reopen it!

jacquelinev33
1/15/19

I have spent the last 40 hours begging and pleading with GMX to accept that an account scruffnrosie@gmx.com is mine. I can prove it I have an email at the above address in a Gmail account, but as they have almost ignored me I am loathe to send them any proof as their behaviour over 40 hours has done nothing to give me any hope that this would bring any reaction from them. When one hasn't slept for nigh-on sixty hours, and you have told them you are 75, plus being disabled. You have also begged, pleaded, cajoled, cursed, insulted and nothing stirs them, what hope does one have. At one poijnt they acknowledged the existence of such an account. then zilch, zero, nada,. I was offered an account name (take a close look) scruffnrosy@gmx.com I. am now of the opinion that my account scruffnrosie@gmx.com has been allocated to someone else.The account has 86 emails, plus photos, contacts, data, folders etc; two of the emails were sent to a contact of mine. What is one to think? Sent from my Gmail account... carolgatt2332@gmail.com on my Sony Android phone.

royb152
12/11/18

Searching has found no way of reporting fraudulent spam sent from and with the same rely address based gmx - zainabahassan0017@gmx.com

olivierg14
11/20/18

I have successfully created an account, but:
- getting SMTP to work is a pain.
- my account got locked quickly for an unknown reason.

I remember it used to be very easy to use, but nowadays, it seems it's not the case any more.

My need was to send notification messages with SMTP to one of my account;
I think I was not asking for too much...

After struggling for almost 2 days, I have switched to something which has worked in 5 minutes (a very famous and big email - and other - services provider).

gf61
11/5/18

I've been using this service for many years without real issue, but something changed this year. Now they block access for no valid reason, and customer service is both not truly responsive and ineffective if they bother to respond. After my complaint, I was suddenly "flagged" for spamming from my account, even though I had sent no emails between the complaint and their "response". I have never spammed anyone. This feels more like a retaliation for having the nerve to complain and not accept a standard form response.

adame82
11/2/18

1) Create an account

2) Send a single email through it, literally once

3) Login again - all good

4) Try to login for the 2nd time - account is blocked!

worst email provider ever.

johns3295
10/13/18

I found this website on some article, suggesting that you don't need to enter any mobile number or another e-mail account. I was impressed. I used this website for a few years, for situations where you need a temporary account (although I didn't misused this feature). I worked great, until a few months ago when one account I had recently made was blocked. But I was fine with that.
Now I made another account, for some important work. And within a day, the account was blocked due to "irregular activity". I contacted their support staff as recommended. But the account was not unlocked. They said they forwarded my request to unblock my account, to their security department, but the account can not be unblocked and they cannot provide any further information.
Really bad service. I better find some other email provider.

ashott
9/8/18

Dear GMX member, our system has detected irregular activity related to your account. As a precautionary measure, we have blocked your account.

WHAT THE F4CK IS THIS !!!!

gerimiahg
8/21/18

I registered a new email account just yesterday and within 24 hours found
myself locked out and presumably blocked, for no apparent reason! ... but, after
reading similar experiences of others on here I'm somewhat (ironically) relieved
to learn that I am not alone ... why outfits like GMX behave in such an
unnecessary, spiteful, vindictive manner is a mystery, but have to wonder if
it's their way of getting back at us for them losing the war! ... "I mentioned
it once, but think I got away with it" ;)

I've done with my brief contact
with incompetent GMX, already created a new email account with G Mail (not my
first choice) but, it'll do for now :)

concernedo1
8/3/18

I thought I was the only one. I realize this is free, but WTF? And after 3 to 4 years of using this email service. They give NO reason why they block people out and leave them with no recourse. Something is VERY unsavory here.

Just two days ago I was blocked from sending (still can receive) due to irregular activities and was told that I MUST change my PW. I have several aliases as well. I went to change it, but all that did was lock me OUT completely!!!

I then tried using another alias, said I forgot my password and was able to login strangely and the password retrieval worked ONCE. Aug 2nd and once again it happened. Another obscure email from security claiming I need to change my PW and that I will be blocked from sending any emails. I emailed these Leftist humps yesterday (using their contact form) with NO RESPONSE!! Today, strangely, I tried to recover my PW but instead of sending it to another acct like they did yesterday, it wants you to contact support - which is NON EXISTENT!! It's now day 3 and NONE of my emails work, no response from "support" and it doesn't recognize my email accounts as valid. I am infuriated.

BTW, this is owned by 1&1 the web company (Global @ssholes) - and if you haven't already noticed with their so called "news" they shove in your face daily - its HEAVILY Liberal Propaganda.

1&1 Mail & Media Inc.
701 Lee Road
Chesterbrook PA

Sadly, after about 3 years of this mail.com I must use another service and pay - switching to fastmail.com At least there are NO ads, no propaganda and no bullsh*t fake support and blocking me from using my own EMAIL!!!

Everyone needs to contact the PA Attorney General over this. Shutting customer email accounts down with no valid reason or logic, no password retrieval, nothing, zilch, nada.

Josh Shapiro

ronnelc1
7/27/18

I can't believe this always comes up in many top 10 lists of best email providers. They blocked my account for no reason. Not trustworthy!

aphroditieg
7/16/18

I am tired of frequenly having my account frequently being blocked by their totally insufficiently designed and operated security.
Their response:
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this block has caused you. My response: Your staff needs to address my question. Les than 20 or hundreds. Years ago the Russians stole my husbands account and used it for mass mailings, shutting down the account. So yes advise please. GMX has that responsiblity. I will be reporting this failure to the internet etc.

Please note that your account was blocked by our security department due to unusual activity and triggered by some reports of spam being send from your account. As we mentioned in our last email, we are not able to provide you with more details due to security reasons.

In addition, please follow the recommendations below to avoid that your emails get recognized as spam:
- Send the email directly and do not forward it Are you referring to Gmails forwarded by me from my g mail account to my gmx account. or e mails sent by my gmx account to the same g mail account? or something else.
- In your email, please include a longer hand-written paragraph as message
- Include a subject for the message
- In case you have set up a signature for all outgoing emails, please remove it from the footer of the message
- Also do not include links of pages that could be identified as suspicious to my response have no idea what could be suspicious
- Change the format to "text-only" by using the "More Actions" menu above the compose window

Thank you for your understanding! me: I don't understand most of this poor programing.

With kind regards,
Robert / GMX International Support

paulw255
7/11/18

The 'modus operandi' of this company is to block accounts without cause, justification or notice. If this happens to you, please be sure to email the Attorney-General in PA so that he can address your case accordingly. Save yourself the trouble of dealing with a company without any sort of integrity and find a viable alternative.

davet154
7/7/18

Opened an account a few weeks ago ... logged on today (7 July) to see it had been blocked due to "irregular activity",

Filed a ticket and within seconds got an automated reply saying "We have detected abuse and have blocked your account",

Replying to them and asking them to expand on this "abuse" got no response and contacting them via their website got me "You've already filed a ticket which has been closed as resolved and so this will be closed too" (This was anything BUT resolved!),

In short an absolutely awful service - don't bother wasting your time registering!, Use the more well known providers instead!.

dahland
7/3/18

I can't even registrate my email. It says: " we can't process your registration, please try again later..". No reason for you to use this email provider, there are too many other providers which are way better than this one like: Gmail absolutely, yahoo, and aol.

ks272
6/13/18

Awful company. 'support' stinks. Block access to account for no reason. Won't explain why - 'security',. In reality there is no risk, they just block it. Getting them to unlock it shows their incompetence, you go round and round in circles because they don't read your emails.

Avoid like the plaque

samp317
4/23/18

Email is hacked constantly (some how).
They're support to rectify these issues sucks terribly.

Used them for over 10 years - will be moving after this.

Awful service.

rexr21
4/21/18

GMX.com is the worst email provider I have had the experience with in 20 years of using online email. They just blatantly deleted my account after 2 weeks while I only had send 2-3 test emails to verify it working. After 5 emails complaining about this to even their press office they still refuses to even tell me why it has been deleted... GMX.com can not be trusted at all, stay away from this company at all cost !

I expected so much more from a company based in Germany and I will send complaint about them to the official German government agencies that has to do with user rights as. A Important company running infra structure can not be run this way and they need to be shut down or get their act together....

This happned after just 2 weeks of making an account with them for use with nicehash.com crypto mining for use as transaction verification, they simply deleted my account without warning or anything. At that time I had only used it 2 or 3 times sending and reciving emails to myself to verify that it would indeed function properly.

I did this before I gave it that important task of functioning as my transaction email that require 100% uptime as if it goes down I loose a lot of money as it is impossible to change the email and all the money will be lost forever.

When I descovered that I could not log on anymore I tried to send a email to myself and then saw that the email account had indeed been deleted, the worst thing that could happen had happened....

I sent immidately (2 weeks ago) email using another account I made at GMX.com asking why it had been deleted and explained them that I needed to get it back up running or I would loose money. Only reply I get is that security department have shut blocked the email and they refuse to tell why. That same messeage I get every time I complain that security has reviewed it and they refuse to tell why they have shut it down and why they will not re open it.

I have asked to get a phone number or email so I can speak with the security department directly but I only get the same answer that security have blocked the email after reviewing and will not tell me why....

I can only conclude by the basis of this that GMX.com is not a email provider that is safe to use as they block accounts on a whim and refuses to even tell why. I will now have to go to court and demand from official German court to make them re open the account and also reveal why they closed it in the first place... I will never ever use GMX.com anymore myself and I am loosing a lot of money because of this company...

matth2634
4/5/18

Free email has poor customer service, always seems someone hacks emails then deletes the email. They used to be pretty good email. As a German own company and have offices in WI, they really suck!

francoism6
4/4/18

I created an Account and transferred all my mail
Then suddenly they blocked my account the day after and impossible to know why (as they do not answer). Very bad, do not take the risk to loose all your E-mail

michaelc509
3/26/18

I love GMX mail, however they have a stupid quirk about logging you out after a few minutes for so called "security" reasons. After logging back in, you're greeted with an obnoxious message that basically says,"you didn't log out properly". I've never had this with any other e-mail and I think it's ridiculous and unnecessary. Once I was logged out just as I was selecting my contacts.

davidl534
2/27/18

My account was blocked, and gmx refused to give a reason why. It takes many days/weeks to get a response or any help from them at all. This would be the very last email company I`d use and would suggest people steer clear .

mc703
2/24/18

Until yesterday would have given 5* have recommended loads of times but suddenly got the blocked message with the usual sod off when asked why, lost several important contacts and emails without any hope it seems of getting them back. Use with care and definitely not for anything important :(

jonw82
1/24/18

Nice front end access to email but there is nothing behind this company, its a shop window. You WILL lose email, contacts, have missing sent and received items and its common to be kicked out of the service and not allowed access again. Customer service is just a web based form with one line negative responses every 48 hours.
Be warned STAY AWAY if you value your information

Tip for consumers: Choose any other email service even if they are rubbish I doubt they will loose all your mail and contacts like GMX

charlieg29
1/18/18

I thought I had found a really good free email option. There were some initial problems with my email client but between the two companies we got it sorted. I was all ready to start promoting GMX.com among my friends and the forums I comment on.

But then I had to deal with Customer Support again. I have a proposal that tech companies only hire people with some understanding of technology to man their support centres. Some knowledge of email might be an advantage for this company. Instead GMX.com has a few robots who have pre-written scripts for them to use as replies. I don't think they even understand the questions they are getting. They simply look for keywords, and provide unrelated or inaccurate responses.

My recent experience had to do with GMX.com's Mail Collector. A very useful tool, but it is not very reliable. It was collecting email at irregular intervals, sometimes only twice a day or more normal 3 to 6 hours between connections.

GMX.com's reply is that "our Mail Collector feature works instantly". But they also insist that it is using POP3 protocol, and when I queried that they confirmed "our Mail Collector feature fetches all messages coming to you instantly". So how is that POP3?

Anyway, even though I provided the connection logs for the account it was supposed to connect to instantly, my proof of irregular connections, I still get the reply that it connects "quite frequently".

The connection log for the past 24 hours? 1.5 hrs ago,7 hours ago, and 13 hours ago. That's it. 3 connections in 24 hours.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I completed the required documents on docu sign and completed the direct deposit information. Because companies or in other states and or country's. But I haven't heard anything back about a interview or if I got the job or when and where I start. I'm hoping that my identity is not stolen or sold. I am seriously thinking it is

By Anthony W.

I just found out on Wikipedia that GMX (Germany based) is related ownership related to mail.com, of whom I have scathing criticism re business practices... just sayin'. ...keep digging for the truth !

By mike c.

Personal, I have had negative experience in reaching emails with gmx.us email extensions. I personally.Don't trust it. However, you will have to decide for yourself. I would use caution .

By Tulevu N.

There is an email app that you can download from Google Play called: "Mail.Ru - Mail" in which you can control unwanted email and email you have tried to unsubscribe from. It has a five star rating. I have not used it myself; however, others rate it well. I hope I've been some help.

By Tulevu N.

Questions? Get answers from the GMX staff and other customers.

1 Photo for GMX