Review of Fly.co.uk

Tel: 208-0995486
abmeldung@fluege.de

jamesb391
6/24/16

Avoid like the plague, never saw the extortionate service charge coming.. Flight cost £230, their service charge over £80.
Stay well clear

williams393
11/24/15

Two return flights from Edinburgh to London costing £61 attracted a 'service fee' of £59.96p. This 'service fee' included a phone call from Rumania claiming problems with my card - after Fly24's cut had been taken from my bank account incidentally. This shameless outfit should be banned from advertising on the Internet.

Dr William Stevenson
Dundee

nmartinm
5/26/15

As others have already alluded to, AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS, due to the underhand manner in which they operate. They charged me a service fee of 35% for 4 flights from the UK to Europe. When I complained, they stated these were clearly shown, which they were not. I hope this company has a finite life before it either shuts up shop or gets closed down, having ripped so many people off.

quentins6
12/8/14

What a disgraceful company. I realised that the tickets for my sons to fly one way from Geneva to Heathrow was two days later than it should be. I was kept waiting on the phone for nearly 20 minutes before I discovered that they were charging my 51p per minute. I then received an email saying that they could change it, but that there would be a charge of £817...!! Appalling

Tip for consumers: Do not use Flights 24

simonq
10/28/14

I booked a flight that would take 5 hours. Instead they gave me a flight that would take 11 hours. They wouldn't answer my email and I could'nt find a phone number for them anywhere!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NIGHTMARE

bertv1
10/22/14

The same as someone else who rated this site. Hidden $60 dollar charge. They're located in Leipzig Germany so good luck in trying to resolve any problems. The airlines will not be any help because Flighst24 has your Reservation Number and anyone with that number could cancel your flight. If there are ANY good ratings for this site they must have been submitted by the owners and employees of the website!!!

doreenk
6/10/14

This company should be closed down. I booked a Ryanair flight to Thessalonica and they showed a price. I paid and then got a bill for £60 extra!!! Nowhere on the site did they say they were taking a fee. Evidently it is in their terms and conditions. IT SHOULD BE ON THE SCREEN. This company are nothing but thieves. To see that there was a fee I would have to have read all the Ryanair terms and then the fly24 terms. Their booking fee should show clearly on the screen. Never ever use this company - you won't know what they are charging you until after you have paid!

curtisb14
10/20/12

where the hell is your telephone number?
curt_bright@hotmail.com

corinas
10/19/12

It is the worst. I have never ever experienced such troubles with a ticket booking company. Their customer service is totally inexistent. It's like talking to a wall. I booked my ticket. Of course they applied a tax which was not listed initially. but past that, I had an emergency and I wanted to rebook. i called them and they told me there was a ticket available, which would cost me an extra 370 dollars. i agreed to that, after which they held me waiting all day, and in the end told me they didn't manage to book that ticket. Initially though they assured me and even emailed me with the connections available. Then they told me to contact lufthansa, because they are supposed to help me. Sure they could and they would, but I bought the ticket from flights 24 and not lufthansa, and their policy doesn't allow anyone to make changes in their system. After hours of talking to these agents that were telling me they are working on my ticket, I got nothing.

betsyt2
10/8/12

I tried to book s round trip from San Diego to Los Angeles. I thought I was on the United Airlines site, but I had been redirected to Flights24.com. After I had hit submit, then it said there was a 39.20 fee. Then it said they could not confirm the flight. I could not find a phone number and the email site said it could not be reached. After several hours of waiting for a confirmation, I called my credit card company and was told no charge had been made. So I carefully went direct to the United website and booked. The next day I got a confirmation number from Flights24, but never got a ticket or itinerary. I tried endlessly over and over to get them to cancel that flight, or for United to cancel the other one, all to no avail.. United is adamant that Flights24 booked the flight out of Carlsbad (about an hour up the road), not San Diego, but Flights24 will not acknowledge that.

clareo
9/6/12

I have just used the .ie version of this site to book flights with Aer Lingus and ended up exasperated. Although the correct details were displayed on the last screen at the paying stage, the confirmation email listed a different flight. The site Help phone people did not want to know and said they could do nothing. Fortunately for me the airline agreed to make the change with no charge. I will not use the site again.

anmols
8/10/12

I was booking last minute one way flight from Boston to India. I got to flights24.com because of their low fare through momondo.com and I booked it instantly. After a while I got an email confirming my booking but saying that the actual e-ticket will be sent shortly in an email.

I waited for hours and since it was night-time in EST, I had to wait till midday EST before their helpline opened which is 9AM-6PM (Pacific Time)...

My call was promptly answered and I explained to the agent my concern with not receiving the actual e-ticket. He said he would confirm and send me the e-ticket in the next 3 hours.

I had lost all hope reading negative reviews about flights24 from all sites like this..

I was surprised that the agent who promised to call me called me back in about half-hour and sent me the conformed e-ticket and all itinerary information within half-hour.

I liked the low cost, honest service but 4.0/5.0 as I hope they can work on their call-center timings to be more convenient, overall a good experience.

angelh2
4/28/12

Flights24 provided a terrible customer service. I had to cancel a Flights24 booking because United Airlines changed the scheduled flights and I was not able to complete my connection to my final destination. I cancelled my booking on 04/02/2012. The customer service representative told me it will take no more than (11) days for having the amount refunded on my credit card. Up to date, (23) days after Flights 24 did not refund the cost of this transaction. Flights24 post on its webpage an email address for contacting customer service. They do not respond to emails. After long time holding the customer service do not provide useful answers. A. Hernandez Ohio

hankc1
4/17/12

I bought a ticket through Flights24 for my son to fly from Bamako,Mali to Brussels on Air Maroc . The purchase process was harder than usual but we got it done. Then there was a coup in Mali and my son (a Peace Corps Volunteer) was evacuated. I called Flights24 to discuss my/his options and "Baker" (who I had bought the ticket from) was too busy to talk with me and suggested I call back. I left two detailed messages two weeks ago -- still have not heard back. They just want your money and there is NO customer service -- even their email auto-reply states -- we are not going to answer and we're going to delete this message (unbelievable) and suggest calling them instead....hmmm, that approach didn't work before so why would it now?

roberts62
2/29/12

I just went thru the same experience as many others. I booked a flight and received a request confirmation. After that nothing. I managed to find an email address for them (service ...), but no phone no. and I was in a panic - because it is high season and I was looking for a continuation flight from BKK to Koh Samui. Any delay and no seats!

A day later I got a reply saying there was a problem with my address. I replied that it was indeed my adress, but after that nothing. I found a number on sitejabber tho and called. I'm in Cyprus (GMT-2 hrs) and I got a message about flights24 taking calls between 9 and 6 PST (ie, sometime during the night here). More panic. I sent them multiple emails marked urgent and containing several phone nos. at which they could reach me. Nothing. Finally I sent a nasty to them, said that they should not process any reservations for me and not to take my money - which included several high fees (like $68 for using a credit card - how else can you book on the Internet?).

I will certainly consult sitejabber before proceeding again with a site that I don't know!

joannv
12/28/11

Do not use Flights24.com website. Would that I had read the negative reviews before booking a flight on Singapore Airlines from LAX to Tokyo-Narita. After booking, I received an email requesting a copy of my passport and a copy of my credit card, front and back, and no answer to my questions via email. No answer to the telephone that is supposed to be the "hotline" for flights24.com ticket sales. I have no idea if my credit card has been charged or not. This is my worst experience on the internet ever! They take your money and run and no way to communicate.

maryc24
11/28/11

I booked a flight about 8:00 p.m. on Sunday to fly out at 12:30 am on Tuesday for my brother's funeral. When I had not received a confirmation/ticket by 10:00 Monday morning I called Delta. They couldn't do anything because an outside site has the ticket and the airlines can't do anything. Delta had no information about the reservation I had made. It took me a long time to get Flight24's phone number (877-316-1253-the airline gave it to me). I dialed for about 3 hrs. Their auto-answer would answer, say someone would be right with me, then they disconnected! Over and over and over! I finally got a real person about 1:30 p.m. She told me there was a problem with my credit card. Instead of calling me to correct it, they just didn't issue the ticket. I would have arrived at the airport at 12:30 a.m. with no ticket and I would have missed my brother's funeral. Since they had not yet charged my card, I cancelled the flight and re-booked with Delta at a savings of $50. From now on, I will just book direct with the airline. I would never, ever use this site again!

thetruthb
10/8/11

DO NOT BOOK A FLIGHT THROUGH THESE PEOPLE!!!!! after i purchased the ticket from ny to mia for 168.00 (which said it included all taxes and fees) i got to the confirmation page and they then added a 60 DOLLAR SERVICE CHARGE!!!!!! which was not mentioned anywhere. too late they already got my credit card information, AND THEN they said THEY WOULD SEND ME AN AIRLINE CONFIRMATION WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS THAT WAS SUBJECT TO A POSSIBLE PRICE CHANGE!!!!!!!!!! NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVRRRRRRRR! STAY AWAY!!!!

bens19
10/1/11

I like many others on this site was shocked at my $79 "service Fee". Hell I live in LA and couldn't get a response out of them. I tried to cancel my purchase 1 hour after I bought the tickets...to no avail. These guys are serious rip off artists. I'm going to go through the motions and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Warn all of your friends about these idiots.

daniellem3
9/30/11
marias14
9/26/11

Same complain as everyone I purchase a ticket and was charged an additoanl fee of $78 and I also refuse the addtional protection and it was still added to my ticket $27. I never receive the email to confirm the ticket was purchase and there was no phone number to call only an email. I chose not to contact them, I contact my bank to stop the transaction and I purchase my ticket directly from the airline which was $100 cheaper.

en139
9/1/11

terrible company, DO NOT BOOK YOUR TICKET WITH THEM!!!
i missed my flight due to traffic, on arrival to the airport the airline agent were unable to make any changes to the ticket due to flights24.com policy
and only them are able to make the changes which they refused to make
and tried to get me to buy a new one from them
calling the airline headquarters they have repeated that they will be happy to change the ticket for free but the system will not allow them do make the change
and only the booking agent is legally allowed to make the changes
the booking agent pretends to be polite and nice while he lie's to me saying that the airline will not change it (when i know they will after i spoke to them several times)

bottom line don't deal with this company hey are crooks
it takes over an hour to speak with the one person in their customer service department
and when asked to speak with the supervisor, i was told she is out the country for the time being

anav1
8/19/11

Same problem as everyone else. Placed my information for a reservation to a flight from LAX to Guam. After entering I received an error message. I called the airline and they said they saw the reservation request and when I asked for the details my 1 stop layover flight ended up being a 5 stop layover flight in all these random places. I asked the airline to cancel the reservation and they informed me they couldn't because the agency owned the reservation and they're the ones that need to cancel. I panicked, because like everyone else I could not find a customer service number on their website! I sent them 2 back to back e-mails requesting they cancel the reservation, but no response. After reading all the bad reviews I started stressing out. Someone mentioned they were partnered with Picasso Travel, so I called Picasso and they gave me flights24.com's customer service # which is (877) 316-1253. I didn't have to wait long at all and the rep was actually helpful. He told me the reservation was cancelled and not to worry, the authorization transaction on my bank account would be dropped. I gave him the heads up on the missing customer service # from their website and he seemed surprised. I gave them 2 stars because the rep was actually decent, but otherwise it be a -1 star! Save yourself the headache and just order directly from the airline website. I actually found the flight that I wanted originally at a cheaper price ($100 cheaper!)

susanc21
8/9/11

I booked 2 tickets to Mexico. I got what I thought was a confirmation (booking confirmation pdf#) Weeks later I decided to call the airlines and pick my seat only to find out that our tickets were actually only put on a hold but never booked! They had cancelled them. OMG can you imagine if I had not decided to get a seat assignment? Aeromexico then told me to call Delta as they might have them.. Delta did not!! I re-booked the ticket with Delta for $136 less! can you say One happy person. Thank God for Delta!!
btw.. I tried calling them. Was put on automatic hold for 1 1/2 hrs and then they hung up on me. I called back and after 1 hrs on hold gave up! Do yourself a favor.. I have checked my credit card.. so far no billing.. They better not!

schries
8/9/11

Stay away from this site.

I tried to book a flights round trip from Grand Rapids to Orlando. I received an email telling me that there was a problem. The email did not state the problem. I called the number and after waiting 10 minutes, was connected to a gentleman from India. He was patient, but he was difficult to understand. My problem was that they could not book my flight to Orlando. He did not know why. He said I could try callling the airline.

I was also charged two insurance fees, while the web site stated that $45.74 covered both passengers Roger said he would remove the extra charge. Do you think that will happen? LOL.

I went back on the web and booked the flight to Orlando myself. Hopefully I will not get charged from Flight24 for the Orlando flight they could not provide!!

This was my first time attempting to book with Flights24.com (and my last.) After I carefully entered all of my information and completed all the required steps I was told my Booking Number was______ , it was blank where the Booking # should have been. Then below on the same page it indicated that there has been a "technical difficulties in processing" my booking and I would receive an email in few minutes. Of course my apprehension was that I didn't want to double book a flight. Hours later still no email. Still looking for a telephone number to call. What a hassle! I NEVER had such problems in booking a simple domestic flight. I see several people have had similar problems what was the outcome?

By Eddie R.

Questions? Get answers from the Fly.co.uk staff and other customers.

Fly.co.uk?