Fly UK

Fly UK has a consumer rating of 1.53 stars from 60 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Fly UK also ranks 173rd among Plane Tickets sites. The most common issues with Fly UK are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• She told me there was a problem with my credit card.
  • They have no phone number to call them They don't answer e-mails.
How would you rate Fly UK?

“Overall I was pleased with my first booking”

Devin W.
6/14/11

Overall I was pleased with my first booking. I think that the calender that shows up under the possible dates is a bit small but as soon as your search results show up then it's easy to read. The website is quiet straight forward so it doesn't take long to complete a booking and it's possible to book connecting flights together without making separate bookings. It took a while for me to get the confirmation mail but when it came everything worked fine after that.

“An underhand and avaricious firm that should be avoided at all cost.”

William S.
11/24/15

Two return flights from Edinburgh to London costing £61 attracted a 'service fee' of £59.96p. This 'service fee' included a phone call from Rumania claiming problems with my card - after Fly24's cut had been taken from my bank account incidentally. This shameless outfit should be banned from advertising on the Internet. Dr William Stevenson Dundee

credit card (18) phone number (12) flights 24 (2) confirmation email (5) service fee (5) customer service (6) email address (4) ticket (25) service charge (4) flight 24 (2)
leannem8
June 15th, 2011
I've never used a travel agent to organize a vacation or trip but I can see the attraction if you have to spend time searching and checking different sites. Basically you just compare the flights you want and make one booking, even if it is with more than one carrier. I found it pretty easy to use when I was flying from Nashville to Detroit and back. I saved about 30 bucks which is pretty good. I was able to find a cheap flight and the booking process was quick so I'd give it 5 stars. I guess the confirmation email could have come through more quickly but that seemed to come from the airline anyway so a small delay. I don't have much experience booking online but this site worked well (at least for me).
williams393
November 24th, 2015

Dr William Stevenson
Dundee
danielw8
June 16th, 2011
The flights prices were up to date and I found some good offers from PHL to New York JFK. I also had no problem booking two connecting flights with different airlines. I would use this site again..
nmartinm
May 26th, 2015
As others have already alluded to, AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS, due to the underhand manner in which they operate. They charged me a service fee of 35% for 4 flights from the UK to Europe. When I complained, they stated these were clearly shown, which they were not. I hope this company has a finite life before it either shuts up shop or gets closed down, having ripped so many people off.
sharrieb
March 5th, 2011
I have booked many flights on line over the years. My complaint with this site is that it appeared that I got a pretty good price, I carefully entered all of my information, but when I clicked that final click I was told my Booking Number was____ and I would get an email (no actual booking number appeared). Another blurb said that the site was experiencing problems. Who to contact? There is only an email address, no phone number anywhere. I have sent 4 emails with no response. I know there can be problems with websites but I couldn't figure out whether to re-book or not because I didn't want to get charged twice. Unfortunately I ended up waiting another day to book (not from their site!) and it cost a lot more.
devinw1
June 14th, 2011
anmols
August 10th, 2012
I was booking last minute one way flight from Boston to India. I got to flights24.com because of their low fare through momondo.com and I booked it instantly. After a while I got an email confirming my booking but saying that the actual e-ticket will be sent shortly in an email.

I waited for hours and since it was night-time in EST, I had to wait till midday EST before their helpline opened which is 9AM-6PM (Pacific Time)...

My call was promptly answered and I explained to the agent my concern with not receiving the actual e-ticket. He said he would confirm and send me the e-ticket in the next 3 hours.

I had lost all hope reading negative reviews about flights24 from all sites like this.

I was surprised that the agent who promised to call me called me back in about half-hour and sent me the conformed e-ticket and all itinerary information within half-hour.

I liked the low cost, honest service but 4.0/5.0 as I hope they can work on their call-center timings to be more convenient, overall a good experience.
allanm1
July 12th, 2011
Well, I wonder about all those super negative comments about it comming from people who just makes THAT review and that's it. I've tried a few booking websites and so far I can say this one is not the best, but I really had no big prob with them. I also found the insurance fee a bit unclear, but I disabled it, so I didn't had to pay extra for it. The condition terms are kinda confusing too, so you always have to take lot of care in such cheap booking website. I had worse with another ones and I guess this is why I think this one it's ok, because I still didn't had any trouble. But my experience with such websites is you always have to read everything really carefully and watch your steps. Best thing is consulting more than one to get the best price.
johnj27
May 5th, 2011
Departure May 14,2011 6:10 AM
Kalamazoo (AZO)
American Airlines (AA4152)

Arrival May 14,2011 6:00 AM
Terminal 3, Chicago (ORD)

Does this make sense to anyone lol?

And is there anyway to get your money back in full if they steal it?
annh5
March 17th, 2011
I'm trying to get through their office to see if my information went through. Having trouble getting a phone number to check. I don't want to find out I don't have reser-vations but don't want to go to another site and end up paying double. Anyone out there have a phone number for this company?
joeys1
August 5th, 2011
I booked one direct return flight and I didn't have any problems. From the time that I clicked on the website it took me around 20 minutes to search, compare, decide on a flight and fill out my cretid card and other details. It was better than I had expected.
joanneb6
June 20th, 2011
I went on Google to look for flights and ended up at flights24 which I did not know a lot about before. I had to book a flight for my sister to go to NYC and I found they had the best prices. Looking at the other sites people recommended me, I think I actually got a really good deal for her. I don't know if I just had luck to book on the right date or if they always have good deals, but it seems like it's cheaper than going to the airline. We were lucky that she wanted to fly out of vacation season, but New York is a popular spot anyway.

My sister was happy with the price when I told her and I know she booked with flights24.com again so I assume everything went well with the flight and at the airport etc.
jamesb391
June 24th, 2016
Avoid like the plague, never saw the extortionate service charge coming. Flight cost £230, their service charge over £80.
Stay well clear
melissad8
June 17th, 2011
I first tried to book with cheaptickets.com but there were no seats available to go back to schipol. So I had to look for other opportunities. Well, I had to fly via London with a different airline than that I came to the states with but thats ok. Payment and booking handling was very quick.
quentins6
December 8th, 2014
What a disgraceful company. I realised that the tickets for my sons to fly one way from Geneva to Heathrow was two days later than it should be. I was kept waiting on the phone for nearly 20 minutes before I discovered that they were charging my 51p per minute. I then received an email saying that they could change it, but that there would be a charge of £817...! Appalling

Tip for consumers: Do not use Flights 24

clareo
September 6th, 2012
I have just used the. Ie version of this site to book flights with Aer Lingus and ended up exasperated. Although the correct details were displayed on the last screen at the paying stage, the confirmation email listed a different flight. The site Help phone people did not want to know and said they could do nothing. Fortunately for me the airline agreed to make the change with no charge. I will not use the site again.
bertv1
October 22nd, 2014
The same as someone else who rated this site. Hidden $60 dollar charge. They're located in Leipzig Germany so good luck in trying to resolve any problems. The airlines will not be any help because Flighst24 has your Reservation Number and anyone with that number could cancel your flight. If there are ANY good ratings for this site they must have been submitted by the owners and employees of the website!
anav1
August 19th, 2011
Same problem as everyone else. Placed my information for a reservation to a flight from LAX to Guam. After entering I received an error message. I called the airline and they said they saw the reservation request and when I asked for the details my 1 stop layover flight ended up being a 5 stop layover flight in all these random places. I asked the airline to cancel the reservation and they informed me they couldn't because the agency owned the reservation and they're the ones that need to cancel. I panicked, because like everyone else I could not find a customer service number on their website! I sent them 2 back to back e-mails requesting they cancel the reservation, but no response. After reading all the bad reviews I started stressing out. Someone mentioned they were partnered with Picasso Travel, so I called Picasso and they gave me flights24.com's customer service # which is *******253. I didn't have to wait long at all and the rep was actually helpful. He told me the reservation was cancelled and not to worry, the authorization transaction on my bank account would be dropped. I gave him the heads up on the missing customer service # from their website and he seemed surprised. I gave them 2 stars because the rep was actually decent, but otherwise it be a -1 star! Save yourself the headache and just order directly from the airline website. I actually found the flight that I wanted originally at a cheaper price ($100 cheaper!)
doreenk
June 10th, 2014
This company should be closed down. I booked a Ryanair flight to Thessalonica and they showed a price. I paid and then got a bill for £60 extra! Nowhere on the site did they say they were taking a fee. Evidently it is in their terms and conditions. IT SHOULD BE ON THE SCREEN. This company are nothing but thieves. To see that there was a fee I would have to have read all the Ryanair terms and then the fly24 terms. Their booking fee should show clearly on the screen. Never ever use this company - you won't know what they are charging you until after you have paid!
saray
April 4th, 2011
As all others have said- they are horrible. I truly believe this is not a legitimate company and they are scammers. You can't get a hold of anyone and when you call Picasso Travel they give you some song and dance about how Flight 24 is understaff and that's why they don't answer the phones or return emails... Yah right. I am not one to talk about negative experiences but they are truly horrible and I would do anything to see this company go through major lawsuits and close down that includes Picasso...
marinp
August 2nd, 2011
Purchased a ticket. No comfirmation page or comfirmation email. Purchased another one. The same. Went to see my credit card statement. 2 pending transactions for $3 each. Sent them an email to all their websites - the spanish one, the german,. Everyone. Only the spanish one answered me but I think they are $#*!ed as after 10 emails they couldn't understand what my problem is. Stay away.
bens19
October 1st, 2011
I like many others on this site was shocked at my $79 "service Fee". Hell I live in LA and couldn't get a response out of them. I tried to cancel my purchase 1 hour after I bought the tickets... to no avail. These guys are serious rip off artists. I'm going to go through the motions and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Warn all of your friends about these idiots.
geok
April 19th, 2011
Follow-up service is non-existent. A glitch on their website wouldn't allow actual billing address to be entered. Although a reservation number was issued, the transaction couldn't be completed. Tried to reach a live person, 6 calls attempted in one day, on hold for 30 minutes or more each time, 4 emails sent during the same day, all in vain, no response. I will never use this company again.
sr12
April 6th, 2011
I found a great price on flights today, so I booked. The time of departure wasn't good, but we wanted the cheap rate. The price popped up real big, and then included flight insurance of $162, which I agreed to. However, after I confirmed and received my flight number, a $316 fee showed up. We saved for 3 years to take our kids to Europe, and I feel like I had money stolen from us. I'm not even excited about the trip anymore. I've literally felt sick all day, and I know my husband is unhappy. Stay away from this booking service!
kathys10
March 29th, 2011
Very bad experience! We booked a flight using flights24.com, and they charged our credit card. When we called the airlines to confirm, we were told there is no reservation! Flights24.com never sent us any information as they stated on the final confirmation page and we could not get through to them by phone - no response to our email either!

HI all, I recently bought a ticket from Fluege.de even after i did not check the box for their some special services, They charged me for it,. Can i somehow complain about it somewhere or can i get my money back? Its ridiculousness for being paid to something which u do not want to. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks!

By Amit K.