Review of FindToto

Oakley, CA 94561, US
krislyn@findtoto.com

judyb73
3/2/17

Will it work for me? I do not know. I sure hope so but one thing I do know is it is not a scam like some people are saying as I received a call from a lady who thinks that she saw my dog. I do not know her. I am hoping to get more calls from this. If my son's dog is found it will be worth every penny.

christopherw70
4/2/16

I just lost my 7 month old Vizsla last Weds night in a very rural area on the Eastern Shore of MD. This area is almost 4 hours from our home. I used this service and was amazed to find out how many people knew he was missing and who to contact. When he was found 2 farms away I took him in town to have over 50 ticks removed. As I got him out of the vehicle I had several complete strangers stop me and say "Thank God you found him, we were all looking and worried." Wow!!! I was amazed at how many people knew and cared.

katiep16
12/19/14

Not scam, thoroughly legit. They are exempt from DNC registry. We had previously received missing pet alert calls from findtoto.org which is how I knew to find them. If the pet makes it home without their help, you do not get a refund, because they have already provided the service. They explain it all over on their site, but I mention it here for those who are careless readers.

Our elderly, mostly blind and deaf dog went missing from our home in a semirural, partly wooded area. After searching everywhere close to home for two hours, I registered an alert with findtoto.com. As soon as call alerts went out, I received a sighting call from a neighborhood over a mile away by road. Dog would not go to her, but she told me the direction she was traveling. After searching the area on foot and by car for an hour, and fielding another sighting call from another neighbor, I returned home to find our dog in the yard, muddy and so exhausted she could barely climb the steps.

Although she made it back on her own, given her handicaps and the frigid weather, it could easily have gone another way. Findtoto.com performed exactly as promised. I received alerts on both my landline and cell, and clearly neighbors also received them. I hope not to need Findtoto again, but if we do, I am so thankful for the service they provide.

Tip for consumers: If the pet comes home on its own, there is no refund, because they have already provided the service. This is fair, and they say it several times in the registration process, but I mention it in case you are someone who doesn't read carefully..

kevind28
1/20/14

total scam shame on u findtoto.....

jenng5
11/19/13

They are legitimate. I actually ran into people at the area grocery store when I was taking down my "lost cat" flyers and they said "Oh, that's the cat they called me about" So I know for sure that they call area homes, I just know that these days a lot of people don't have a home phone anymore, just cell phones.
I guess those people don't get the calls. My blind cat that never left the property before and was gone for 4 days was in my driveway when I got home on the 4th evening. I don't know if it was my flyers or findtoto.com but I'm glad she got back to me. I'm on here now because I just used findtoto again and when I googled it for the number I saw these reviews Wanted to set the record straight.

deborahd10
9/30/13

I have used FindToto 3 times. Neighbors have reported being called and we received a tip from a neighbor who got a call, about a sighting, which led us to locate the lost dog. Sorry others see them as a scam, They have certainly helped us.

bobb523
8/25/13

They claim to call "residential numbers" within a mile of where your animal was lost. I got a call at my Business for a lost pet that was nowhere near my location. This is a disruption of my business, and don't need these calls. IMO, they make the calls in order to sell more listings, or otherwise they would not reference their website in the call.

mariselam
7/11/13

Company offered to send alert in puerto rico. All they did was take my money.

maryn23
2/28/13

I am on the do not call registry but have gotten calls from this site. And they were for a street that is no where in my neighborhood. I think it is a scam.

josephinel5
2/15/13

First of all, it is not a scam. People saw us out looking for our dog and asked if it was the same one from the phone call that they had received earlier. Luckily we were able to find our dog. : D Between our posters and the phone calls it seemed like everyone knew our info and we got multiple calls from people telling us where she was. Yes, it cost money, but every little bit of hope is worth it. We got directed to this website from Granite State Dog Recovery (http://www.granitestatedogrecovery.com/Lost-Dog-Resources.html) which had a lot of good info!

kellyb26
10/8/12

First off, I've read a lot of bad reviews about pet calling companies being scams. I was desperate so I tried one anyway-findtoto. No one has had any real info about my pet yet but I did recieve calls in response from people so I know that the calls went out. So findtoto is not a scam, and they provide call logs for you upon request. Just make sure to check your call log so that you know that the calls were sent to your area- I did. This is coming from someone with 2 lost pet ferrets in Costa Mesa, CA: www.facebook.com/2MissingFerrets1000Reward
If you have any questions about how findtoto works or want to ask me about their legitimacy just message me there. Good luck to you and your lost pet

tofut
8/22/11

this company is a complete scam

friendf
1/30/11

Here is some truth about FindToto.com. The company was started in 2007 and put a patent out on the technology to alert your neighbors. Well lets just say the government is not all that fair and now 3+ years later it is still sitting for review. You can see the patent info here http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20090117926. Now because of this great idea and great way to find missing pets fast other companies have started their websites providing the same service and some not even providing any service. The other companies go online and write negative reviews about FindToto and positive reviews about themselves. FindToto doesn't write any reviews, none for themselves and none against any competitors, bad business. The internet is a big world and there is not to much you can do about it but try and spread the truth, not bash competitors, but just state the facts. FindToto was started to help find lost pets. The owner lost his cat and never found her, now he has been able to help so many people out bringing over 4000+ lost pets home. I'm not the owner of this site, but do know who he is and it is sad that this great idea has been taken advantage and others have stole money from poor lost pet owners.

johnt29
1/15/11

I researched a bit, and was frustrated as all the available companies seemed to have folks who gave horrible reviews. But, we sure wanted Snoop back. So I looked and looked and came across a seemingly reputable blog describing a call, and a Wash. Post article, and tried Findtoto.com. Price seemed a bit steep, but hey, I don't know all the addresses or phone numbers nearby, and didn't have the time anyway. Doggie ran off the morning of the 11th, and we bought the package on the morning of the 14th, (posters and searching ineffective thus far). We were visiting relatives during this fiasco (father in law let the dog out w/no tether), so we were on a time crunch for sure. Four hours after the alert, the neighbor called me on my cell (she got the # from the alert which left a message on her machine) and said "guess who's on the porch?" So we don't know if it was timing, or someone got the message and released the dog (she was quite clean), but we know the neighbor got the alert, and we know we got our dog. BTW, this happened in upstate NY, where it was COLD!!! So, doggy safe, bank account smarting, but ride home in peace? Priceless. Findtoto did as advertised, at least in our case. I would have rated it higher, but we can't confirm it was the alert that got our doggie back to us. But the timing was awesome, and the calls were made, and like I said. Mama is happy, and I am more than pleased. Anyone who can call around all these homes for you, if it helps find anyone's pet, well that's what I call an effective service industry niche. Good luck finding your pet if its strayed, but in my experience, you can indeed trust Findtoto to make the calls you paid for. Btw, no idea about the posters etc sent to the vets or whatever. Maybe they're available in a different package, but I didn't see em on the site. I wanted phone calls, and got them, and our dippy dog back too.

chrisk2
9/9/10

Findtoto is the original and only official lost pet service. Do not fall for other scams when you lost your doggie...

craigd4
9/8/10

Findtoto is operated by scammers who post fake reviews boosting its overpriced service

waynej2
9/5/10

This website is not a scam, I used them after being scammed by several other companies that would not provide any information that they did anything. I signed up with FindToto and actually was able to talk to a live person. They sent the alerts out to my neighbors via phone, not 250 miles away to pet stores and vets. Beware of similar services that say they do it be sure and follow up. FindToto.com was the first and original service and all others are complete knock offs. Good Luck and be sure and post posters as well.

jillc
7/18/10

I tried this service when I lost my dog, sounded good...I later learned it was a complete scam and they didn't even call my neighbors. I talked to many neighbors in my area and NONE of them received a call from findtoto.com...a total scam. The company just gave me excuses and wouldn't refund my $125. Please beware of this website as there are much better ways to find your lost pet.

heathers3
7/13/10

This is the real version of so many of those missing pet websites...most are scammy, but this one is much more legit and will do as they say on the site. It may not really be enough to find a lost pet but better than nothing!

Questions? Get answers from the FindToto staff and other customers.

FindToto?