Review of FamilyTime

support@familytime.io

44 reviews with 1 star

marisaa27
3/31/19

At first when I installed the product it was difficult to add to my daughter's iPad. It does not track what she is doing or time on her iPad. It doesn't have the same features as android. After a week or so of having it on one of my son's phones it started saying bedtime when it was not bedtime. I went in on my parent control and turned
bedtime off and synced it repeatedly and it still kept saying bedtime. We power cycled the phone and nothing would work. And it wasn't even within the time frame that I had set for bedtime. It was like all day on a Saturday. After wasting too much time trying to turn it off I have to delete his phone from the app and re-add it. Then it started doing
the same thing on my other son's phone about a week later. Once again I tried to turn it off and change all the settings but it would not work so I had to delete it too. I then realized it is also not tracking my daughter's usage on her iPad, even when I sync it. Also the sos or notification to contact a parent doesn't work. So if the phone is
set to bedtime and it isn't supposed to be they cannot call me or even press
that to contact me. This is a safety issue if they are out somewhere and it is not bedtime and they cannot access anything on their phone or contact me if they need to. It basically doesn't work like it is supposed to. And the chat support is worthless.
They say they cannot help you and email them and they never respond. Also they refuse to refund you, if it is outside the trial period or if you used a discount. They say they won't refund if purchased at a discounted rate. Do not purchase this app, it doesn't work and they do not stand by their product. Switched to Kapersky Safe Kids and it is free
and WORKS!!!

martyl75
3/25/19

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE FREE TRIAL...this is a scam. They will charge you and not refund any money, and the app is useless....absolutely fraudulent. I would give zero stars if possible.

davet184
3/4/19

No refund policy for the free trial. They take your money and refuse to give it back.

I trialled the product and quickly saw that it was a very poor app. I became worried when there was no way to cancel online. Contacting customer service just got the same response as reported in so many other reviews.

Very disappointed that I got sucked into this scam. Please don't make the same mistake.

seanb173
1/8/19

Sounded like a great app, but when I installed it on our Apple iPhones back in August, 2017 it did not work. I tried several tweeks and was very patient, but finally in January 2018 I contacted them and cancelled my account. In August, 2018 my PayPal account was billed and since that time I have sent approximately 20 emails to family time asking them to cancel my account and refund my money. This evening I sent the 21st email and still have not been refunded the unused portion of the charges and still am not sure that my account has been cancelled.

Tip for consumers: Try Google Family for your Android and parental controls and find friends for iOS devices.

toneef
12/27/18

Complete waste of time !!
Having used Qustodio for a year I thought I would try something else. I am now going straight back to Qustodio !!

Before purchasing familytime I checked the features (on the features page) and there is a list of approx 30 features. After downloading the app I soon realised that most of the features do not work on ios. Having contacted them by live chat they sent me another link to a page somewhere on the site with the compatability chart.
I pointed out that this is the page that should appear when you click on features. There is no mention on the features page that tells you which devices they work on. So I assumed they worked on all devices.

these are a few of the features that do not work on ios.

Further to this the location never worked or updated.

You can not turn off individual apps. Its all or nothing.

You can not monitor internet activity.

The internet filter does not work

There is no web history

No call History

No text history

maryt402
12/15/18

Worked for a while then it stoppd working. Worked with support to fix it many many times, would work for a day. Asked to cancel subscription and they cancelled it but gave no refund for the remaining 7 months of current subscription. The program and cancellation were more trouble than it was worth.

kca4
11/24/18

Terrible product avoid at all costs. Doesn't work on Samsung tablet. Company wouldn't reimburse for the defective product.The interface is very poor. Qustodio is a far better product. Customer support is pushy and not helpful. As a former programmer, I was very dissatisfied and disappointed in the poor quality of the product. If you are going to put spyware on your child's phone you should only use a company you can trust and this isn't such a company.

roberts1526
9/21/18

App never worked the way they advertised it and when I wanted my money back they would not give it as they charged me for repeating subscriptions.

traviss89
9/12/18

As you read the other reviews, you can see they are basically stealing money. The App does not have all of the features advertised and when I tried to cancel, they had an obscure line that because the app was bought through promotion, no refund was eligible. I am talking no more than 1 hour.
The app is horrible and the customer service is even worse. Do not even try this app.
The online chat person just tells you to email and the email just said sorry, no refund. Back to the online chat, and the same person I received the email from, tells me to email again, lol.

michaels1651
9/6/18

I signed up for Family Time in March 21 2018 and paid $35 CAD for a subscription. Once I installed the app on my daughter's phone I immediately realized it was not the app we needed. On March 22 I emailed Family Time and indicated that the app did not meet our requirements and that I wanted a refund. It started off by them saying that a refund would be processed in a couple of weeks. Each month I would email them again and I would get the same run around. It is now Sept and I have send countless reminders and each time I've been told that they have forwarded my request to the billing team. I have asked many time for a phone number but they have not provided me one. Do not give this company any of your money. They are terrible people who do not care about their customers. They say try it for free, well, once they get your money they they are gone and your money is gone,

sama171
8/12/18

Faulty product, when I tried to cancel they beat around the bush for way too long before finally giving me an email address I had to send to for a cancellation. What does it say about a service that allows you to sign up online, but you have to email someone to cancel? Feels like trying to hold me hostage by making it so difficult I just forget or give up. An honest company makes it as easy to stop doing business with them as it is to start.

rachelt139
7/2/18

This company is terrible. I did not know that the app automatically renewed and they charged my credit card. I have been trying to get a refund since April 22nd of 2018. They charged my card on April 12, 2018. I have sent several emails to them and have only gotten the same response that they forwarded my info to the billing dept and I will receive a refund in 3 to 4 days. There is no way to cancel the app even though they say you can cancel at anytime. I have reported them to the BBB. I see on their website they say they are headquartered in Tokyo Metropolis but there is no address listed. This app and company needs to be shut down. I logged into my account tonight and they have not cancelled the app and it still shows it is active! I really want my $35 back but I am starting to not care now. I just want this app cancelled! I think I need to tell my credit union to block them and not let them charge my card. This app does not work how it is supposed to. DO NOT USE IT! I had to rate it with a star but if it was my way, they would get a big fat zero!

julieg169
4/10/18

I paid the subscription and started using this app. the first week one of the phones did not respond correctly. i communicated with them several times and they said they couldn't fix it. So I said I wanted to cancel the subscription and to refund the pro-rated amount. This was a year ago. Customer service sends me emails saying the refund will happen but it never did. Then they automatically renewed my subscription!! I have been trying to get a refund for this since January. I send them emails at least once every 2 weeks. they keep telling me the refund is coming and it never does. They are fraudulent!! DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THIS SERVICE! it doesn't always work.

lexak
3/14/18

Do not use this app. Please refer to the reviews in your App Store for the reasons why. Depending on your device it may not work and the support staff are inadequate. It works in the short term but not for the long term. You also cannot make a one off payment, you have to agree to a recurring payment plan which depending on how you pay, may be difficult to break from.
please do your homework by checking the reviews by users on this product, not by recommendations by a third party that doesn't test it in the long term.

johnw773
1/23/18

Tearable service. If you buy this product do not plan on the 3 day grace period as advertised. The product is minimally functional and absolutely not worth the money you pay for it. Find a more reputable company with actual customer support.

Kids were able to get on all sorts of sites supposably blocked by the software. DO NOT BUY!

kp124
1/21/18

I purchased a subscription over 6 months ago and cancelled within 24 hours due to lack of needed features. Despite repeated requests, I have never received my promised refund. I've seen similar tales in other reviews of this product.

engelbertw
11/23/17

Funktioniert nicht, customer support sehr schlecht. Geld trotz vieler Beschwerden nicht wiederbekommen. Nicht anfassen!!!

lauras248
7/13/17

For starters, the product doesn't work as described or expected. Installed on a Sunday, Monday evening still no updates as to location. No way to view text messages, it just is a horrible application compared to others out there. Then, to make matters worse, I immediately, less than 24 hours, contact them with my dissatisfaction and cancel the subscription and after days...yes days... of going back and forth telling them I want to cancel and refund the money. They refused. Was never able to use the application successfully. They are a fraud.

leet50
7/1/17

I installed this app on my kids' devices. It seemed to be fine at first. I went through all the settings: dinner time, sleep, apps, etc. When "sleep time" came around, then ended, I noticed that many of their apps were gone. Luckily, I was still within the three-day trial period, but based on other reviews, I didn't waste my time trying to get support from FamilyTime. Instead, I simply deactivated my PayPal authorization before FamilyTime could get my money. I recommend that anyone else who dares to try this crap do the same. Use PayPal if you have it; don't give FamilyTime direct access to your credit-card info.

annaw105
6/26/17

I have an advanced degree in science and could not get this app to work right. I tried to cancel and got the runaround. I've reported to BBB and Paypal will block future charges they may incur to me. Thank you Paypal. This company is criminal.

bobt108
6/26/17

when i put my 13 year old child on this stupid thing it made all my apps disappeared and didnt come back i had to reset the phone and my childs phone and it makes his phone act up which i dont have time for SO DONT GET THE DUMB APP

saram154
5/27/17

Well I thought I could help limit and monitor, but instead all my childs apps disappeared and were locked away for hours as their customer service provider seemed confused.
this is SO frustrating. My child was willing to accept limits, not COMPLETE loss - now we don't trust the app and concerned about all other apps. The phone better restore or I am going to have to take action against them. HORRIBLE.

lauras232
5/4/17

I signed up and realized it wasn't a product I needed quite yet for my 4 young kids. I cancelled on the first day within hours. The chat person "Olivia" hung up on me so I emailed and cancelled that day.

A month later a charge still was posted to my credit card. I emailed (since it is the ONLY way they communicate and chats are incredibly difficult to get a person through) and they said they couldn't refund my money because I applied for the discount and that voids any refund policy. I will be reporting them to the BBB.

I am so angry as a mom of 4 and teacher (17 years) that these people are scamming families out of their hard earned money.

marial145
3/24/17

The free trial isn't free. They charge the card right away and despite contacting numerous times, the refund wasn't posted and they referred to refund policies which aren't clear even. Avoid this company as they are bunch of cheaters and scammers.

arthurk34
3/4/17

Customer service / support is the worst! I installed on two iOS devices and it simply does not work. Advertised that you'll get a 3 day trial; false. On 3rd day I requested account to be terminated and refunded. FamilyTime REFUSES to refund my money. They falsely advertise a limited time offer with a 25% discount. As a result they claim this as an upgrade and therefore I do not get the 3 days free trial and you are charged instantly. Nowhere was this disclosed during the initial install process (not upgrade). As to installing on iOS here is what you can expect:

1. iOS features are not robust enough (currently using iPhone 6S on the latest iOS 10.2.1)
2. Upon further research it appears that in order to get parity to the Android features they offer one must jailbreak their device.
3. Even if jail broke FamilyTime does not offer features comparative to their Android offering (read features carefully)
4. Location services do not work for us. I am only tracking the device when its at my home even though we've geo-fenced their school via the settings
5. If location services do not work for us then SOS and Pickup features cannot possibly work
6. I cannot see how much time my kids are spending per application
7. I cannot monitor text
8. I cannot monitor call log
9. I cannot monitor e-mails
10. I cannot add specific time frames (approved usage time) to specific applications

In summary FamilyTime for iOS does not meet the needs for a complete Parental control solution.

Do not make the same mistake as I did. FamilyTime is a company that misleads its users, falsely advertises, has extremely poor customer service, is a weak iOS solution and is by far the WORSE parental control application! Look for another solution.

It's even worse than ScreenTime app, I would suggest you to use built in parental controls and avoid using third party apps as these take so much of personal data.

By Jennifer W.

Family Time can be removed directly from the child's device. This is a poorly designed app with limited control and not fit for purpose.

By Dave T.

No, it,s just about to understand. I am very happy with this application :)

By Haniya s.

Questions? Get answers from the FamilyTime staff and other customers.

FamilyTime?