Review of FamilyTime

support@familytime.io

58 reviews with 1 star

johng1644
10/1/19

save your money. Monitoring of texts is inadequate at best. Location Monitoring is sketchy. They don't tell you group texts cannot be monitored.Would not give me refund, terrible!

sandran126
9/17/19

The app did not work at all. Despite many interactions Family Time kept saying to use bug fixes. After 2 days they would not refund my money as they said I got a premium package. Literally threw $40 in the garbage. Awful company. Find another way to protect your kids as I believe this is a scam.

antoniov30
9/3/19

This app does NOT work and does especially does not work properly with IPhones. When trying to request a refund for an app i never even used due to nonfunctionality i was denied due to them offering a discount when i purchased the app. This is just a Scam app dont be fooled!

Tip for consumers: Dont use this site!

pedrob65
8/27/19

I purchased the App on 8/25 and have had issues from the beginning. The company does not provide a number to call so any questions would be done through messages. I contacted them for 3 days to check on the progress of my issues. I received a bunch of generic responses to "restart" my device as well as my child's device. Nothing worked! Today, someone finally said that the App does not fully work with IOS systems. I requested a refund and they declined the refund because I "had availed the (CS30) discount offer. we cannot offer you a refund due to Upgrade that means (CS30) discount offer". So, because I purchased it at a discount, I was not eligible to get a refund. DO NOT PURCHASE!!!!!!!!

gevav
7/24/19

Same disgusting experience for me as for many others. It's months that I'm running after the money they took from me even though I cancelled the app in time and they assured me everything was fine (I already had my doubts because I kept getting emails). First 21-15 days to process my refund, after that a week, now THREE times in a row this: please give us one last chance to resolve your issue, the billing manager himself is taking care of it, you will be refunded within 24 hours". Asking for the managers name they just give out random names that are not coinciding. And today the absolute highlight: "You will be refunded when you cancel your negative review on Google Play Store" THIS IS STEALING AND BLACKMAILING. STAY AWAY FROM THIS, EVEN THE SUPPOSED FREE TRIAL PERIOD

lawrenceg72
7/21/19

By the description, looked like a great app. But in a course of a few days I experienced so many annoying issues. For example, geolocation didn't work as it should. My location always showed me located in a different city. Although my kids were in the same location, they were always shown very far away from each other. I was instructed to uninstall the kids app from the Google Play store and reinstall it from thier site.
I subscribed to them due to a 40% fourth of July discount.
After a few days of struggling with the app, I contacted thier support team and asked if they have a 30 day money guerentee policy. The reply was yes, and that I should send a request to thier billing team.
After not hear back from them for several days, I reached out to them again. They attempted to avoid the issue, by asking what the issue is and that they can help. They said that I can cancel if I wish.
I replied that I wish to cancel and receive a refund.
I just received a response, that because I used the 40% discounts, I am not entitled to a refund!

heathers463
7/6/19

child kept being able to uninstall app without it even notifying me of it happening. Such a waste of money and if your child is smart enough to disable it (which turns out isn't hard) it is utterly useless

lisaf407
6/27/19

This app's a joke. It's the kind of app that I would download for free from the App store and then delete it because it didn't have enough interesting features. But guess what? You have to pay to use FamilyTime. Not that I had been looking for some freeware but this certainly doesn't deserve the hundreds of dollars that you pay them. I switched to Xnspy soon after my subscription ended with Family time. I am still learning what my new spyware has to offer but so far, it's good. Lots of features. Low monthly payments. I like it!

claytons45
6/21/19
• Updated review

They will promise you refunds and tell you it has been escalated, but it is all lies. I cannot emphasize enough how much you want to avoid this company.

“One star only because zero stars not an option”
4/28/19
• Previous review

Got this for my son's XR. Phone immediately became unstable. Contacted the. Company, who then told me it was a know issue. Asked for refund. Because I got it on some special promotion, they would only refund half my money. That was promised to me 2.5 months and 10 emails ago. Guess what, still no refund. Skip the hassle and avoid this app at all costs.

iljad
6/19/19

Opgelet want niet alle beperkingen staan duidelijk vermeld. Staan ook niet open voor teruggave geld.
Enkele problemen:
- Bij limited screen time gaan de apps weg op gekozen tijdstip, maar komen pas terug na paar uur gekozen tijdstip. De apps staan ook niet meer mooi in mapjes, maar los op je scherm. Je kan bedtime limits niet samen met app blocker gebruiken, dus deel van de opties valt weg.
- Geolocatie werkt totaal niet. Blijft dagen hangen op eenzelfde locatie. Je kan ook geen geschiedenis van plaatsen of locaties zien. Werkt volgens hen enkel als beide toestellen meer dan 100m verwijderd zijn van elkaar.
- App moet steeds open blijven of op achtergrond draaien of je krijgt geen informatie. Vreet energie.
- Klantendienst schuift alles op lange baan. Telkens andere medewerker die steeds met zelfde standaardinfo komt zonder de hulpvraag echt te lezen.
- Technische dienst ging twee maal binnen 48 uur contact opnemen... na weken nog niets gehoord.

+ enige dat ik kan zien zijn de contacten van andere toestel... en dat hoeft niet voor mij.

Doet dus helemaal niet wat het belooft... vals veiligheidsgevoel.
Ik twijfel of de ontwikkelaars weten waar ze mee bezig zijn.

Intussen contact opgenomen met live chat zoals ontwikkelaar vroeg. Blijkt soort heen en weer gemail te zijn, je krijgt niet meteen antwoord. Daar kreeg ik reeds 5 verschillende medewerkers aan het woord, aan wie ik telkens opnieuw alles moest uitleggen. Steeds dezelfde standaard antwoorden. Na 2 maanden toch reactie dat ze geld gingen terugstorten. En dan nog een maand dat terugstortprocedure in laatste fase zit, nog 48 uur,...
Nu dus 3 maanden later en nog geen terugstorting gekregen. Enkel valse beloftes. Oplichters dus...

lucas41
5/31/19

This app is completely useless, because it's too easy to uninstall. It took 2 days to my daughter to learn how to uninstall it; she is 13 and she is no russian hacker.
What's the point of a parental control app if it gets uninstalled so easily?
Support really answers 24/7 but the quality of the support is really poor and they never solved my issues.
I canceled my premium subscription and asked for a refund, which they granted me, but I never saw a penny. In the last 3 months I have been writing to them every 2 or 3 days and they keep telling me that my refund is in the last stage of the process. This is going on for 3 months now... and I feel they are making fun of me.
They refused to give me the address of their registered office and the name of a legal representative of their company. Ask yourself why.
There is no such information on their web site either.
My advice is stay away from these people.

charlesl296
5/17/19

I was disappointed with the outcome of using this app. My teenage daughter spends way too much time busy texting on her mobile device constantly and consistently these days as i also noticed the sudden change in behaviour. I wanted to find out exactly what she has been up to lately and the only way to find out was to be able to spy and monitor
all what she does and all activities happening in her mobile device. As a parent, i deserve to know what was really going wrong. I thought using this app would be able to get all that done for me but unfortunately it appeared not. I spoke with a close friend who i could confide with about the issue and she advised me to hire the services of a professional spy/hack expert; she was so particular about this specific hack expert [HACK.WIZZ1 AT GMAIL. COM] which had previously been of great help to her before. I decided to get in touch with [HACK.WIZZ1 AT GMAIL. COM] and he was able to proceed on the service. He got back to me about 26 hours later and said the job was done, i was amazed how he got it done quite fast. Afterwards he granted me unlimited and full real-time access to see and monitor absolutely everything going on in my daughters phone as all was made visible to me securely. I was able to monitor and trace her exact GPS location, all her social media activities, who she speaks to on the call, all her texts and chats; absolutely everything i had access to. I was relieved knowing fully well that whatever she might be up to i would get to know and find out and it would not be done without me getting to know about it. [HACK.WIZZ1 AT GMAIL. COM] is the best.

scottb732
5/12/19

My kids complained of the app and not because it limited facetime when it was supposed to but because it would often not turn back on when their free time was scheduled. We stopped using it after a couple months, but had a whole year subscription.
10 days before it was to renew, I sent instruction to cancel, got confirmation, but was charged another year anyway. I requested refund and was told I would receive it in 15-20 days. I again requested refund, and they said it would be 4-5 days. Lies. Another 20 days later they stated they refund was processing, but it wasn't. If you get this app, they will never release you from subscription!
I finally involved Discover Card and they immediately processed my dispute and refund. I recommend Discover! Stay away from Family Time!

aleb7
4/25/19

I signed up for FamilyTime in January based on some of the reviews I saw online but I guess these good reviews were posted by the employees. First of all, I signed up for a trial and from the first day, the app did not work properly so I cancelled my trial. Well, the company still went ahead and billed me for, basically nothing. I have been going back and forth with them since then and they still cannot give me my refund. They keep putting it off and I don't know when I'll get it, but I will not give up. This company is a complete joke. They claim their functionality is amazing and the app does nothing close to what they claim. Their customer support is very bad too - not even a phone number to call, everything is done through chat, you cannot speak to a manager and basically once they take your money, you're out of luck. Please stay away from this app.

marisaa27
3/31/19

At first when I installed the product it was difficult to add to my daughter's iPad. It does not track what she is doing or time on her iPad. It doesn't have the same features as android. After a week or so of having it on one of my son's phones it started saying bedtime when it was not bedtime. I went in on my parent control and turned
bedtime off and synced it repeatedly and it still kept saying bedtime. We power cycled the phone and nothing would work. And it wasn't even within the time frame that I had set for bedtime. It was like all day on a Saturday. After wasting too much time trying to turn it off I have to delete his phone from the app and re-add it. Then it started doing
the same thing on my other son's phone about a week later. Once again I tried to turn it off and change all the settings but it would not work so I had to delete it too. I then realized it is also not tracking my daughter's usage on her iPad, even when I sync it. Also the sos or notification to contact a parent doesn't work. So if the phone is
set to bedtime and it isn't supposed to be they cannot call me or even press
that to contact me. This is a safety issue if they are out somewhere and it is not bedtime and they cannot access anything on their phone or contact me if they need to. It basically doesn't work like it is supposed to. And the chat support is worthless.
They say they cannot help you and email them and they never respond. Also they refuse to refund you, if it is outside the trial period or if you used a discount. They say they won't refund if purchased at a discounted rate. Do not purchase this app, it doesn't work and they do not stand by their product. Switched to Kapersky Safe Kids and it is free
and WORKS!!!

martyl75
3/25/19

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE FREE TRIAL...this is a scam. They will charge you and not refund any money, and the app is useless....absolutely fraudulent. I would give zero stars if possible.

davet184
3/4/19

No refund policy for the free trial. They take your money and refuse to give it back.

I trialled the product and quickly saw that it was a very poor app. I became worried when there was no way to cancel online. Contacting customer service just got the same response as reported in so many other reviews.

Very disappointed that I got sucked into this scam. Please don't make the same mistake.

seanb173
1/8/19

Sounded like a great app, but when I installed it on our Apple iPhones back in August, 2017 it did not work. I tried several tweeks and was very patient, but finally in January 2018 I contacted them and cancelled my account. In August, 2018 my PayPal account was billed and since that time I have sent approximately 20 emails to family time asking them to cancel my account and refund my money. This evening I sent the 21st email and still have not been refunded the unused portion of the charges and still am not sure that my account has been cancelled.

Tip for consumers: Try Google Family for your Android and parental controls and find friends for iOS devices.

toneef
12/27/18

Complete waste of time !!
Having used Qustodio for a year I thought I would try something else. I am now going straight back to Qustodio !!

Before purchasing familytime I checked the features (on the features page) and there is a list of approx 30 features. After downloading the app I soon realised that most of the features do not work on ios. Having contacted them by live chat they sent me another link to a page somewhere on the site with the compatability chart.
I pointed out that this is the page that should appear when you click on features. There is no mention on the features page that tells you which devices they work on. So I assumed they worked on all devices.

these are a few of the features that do not work on ios.

Further to this the location never worked or updated.

You can not turn off individual apps. Its all or nothing.

You can not monitor internet activity.

The internet filter does not work

There is no web history

No call History

No text history

maryt402
12/15/18

Worked for a while then it stoppd working. Worked with support to fix it many many times, would work for a day. Asked to cancel subscription and they cancelled it but gave no refund for the remaining 7 months of current subscription. The program and cancellation were more trouble than it was worth.

kca4
11/24/18

Terrible product avoid at all costs. Doesn't work on Samsung tablet. Company wouldn't reimburse for the defective product.The interface is very poor. Qustodio is a far better product. Customer support is pushy and not helpful. As a former programmer, I was very dissatisfied and disappointed in the poor quality of the product. If you are going to put spyware on your child's phone you should only use a company you can trust and this isn't such a company.

roberts1526
9/21/18

App never worked the way they advertised it and when I wanted my money back they would not give it as they charged me for repeating subscriptions.

traviss89
9/12/18

As you read the other reviews, you can see they are basically stealing money. The App does not have all of the features advertised and when I tried to cancel, they had an obscure line that because the app was bought through promotion, no refund was eligible. I am talking no more than 1 hour.
The app is horrible and the customer service is even worse. Do not even try this app.
The online chat person just tells you to email and the email just said sorry, no refund. Back to the online chat, and the same person I received the email from, tells me to email again, lol.

michaels1651
9/6/18

I signed up for Family Time in March 21 2018 and paid $35 CAD for a subscription. Once I installed the app on my daughter's phone I immediately realized it was not the app we needed. On March 22 I emailed Family Time and indicated that the app did not meet our requirements and that I wanted a refund. It started off by them saying that a refund would be processed in a couple of weeks. Each month I would email them again and I would get the same run around. It is now Sept and I have send countless reminders and each time I've been told that they have forwarded my request to the billing team. I have asked many time for a phone number but they have not provided me one. Do not give this company any of your money. They are terrible people who do not care about their customers. They say try it for free, well, once they get your money they they are gone and your money is gone,

sama171
8/12/18

Faulty product, when I tried to cancel they beat around the bush for way too long before finally giving me an email address I had to send to for a cancellation. What does it say about a service that allows you to sign up online, but you have to email someone to cancel? Feels like trying to hold me hostage by making it so difficult I just forget or give up. An honest company makes it as easy to stop doing business with them as it is to start.

It's even worse than ScreenTime app, I would suggest you to use built in parental controls and avoid using third party apps as these take so much of personal data.

By Jennifer W.

According to my case, customer is the best so far and had answered my all questions very quickly and the agent was informative.

By Williams B.

No, they can't on android. And you can prevent your child from deleting the child app on iOS.

By HF C.

Most of the features work even device is on airplane mode.

By Williams B.

Questions? Get answers from the FamilyTime staff and other customers.

4 Photos for FamilyTime