Review of Etsy

2018 Customer choice award

1,143 reviews with 5 stars

erikab1
11/13/11

Love the huge variety here - I shop for gifts here for my sisters, aunt, and mon - the variety of stuff is endless and beautiful.

bests4
11/1/11

I like it overall. Nice place to hang around and enjoy all those creativity there. When they started allowing vintage, I was a bit disappointed, as I prefer all handmade goodies. But it has nice tools and large variety.

mariec
9/27/11

Love this site. Unique art work originals and crafters' creations. Gotta love it!

carmeni
9/21/11

I have ordered from several different etsy members and I have LOVED everything that I ordered.

Wonderful people and wonderful merchandise!!!!1

melissat2
8/25/11

I absolutely love this site! I've bought about a half dozen items on this site, mostly inexpensive jewelry and craft supplies, and I've never any problems. I have read that they have problems with their treatments of sellers, and I hope they resolve these. I enjoy supporting small business people, getting something unique, and BUYING AMERICAN!

aiyah
8/13/11

I love this place, you can buy original hand craft goods of any kind. If someone has made it, it does exist out there on the internet! Etsy has a way to sign up and talk to the people who create a ton of artistic items such as paintings, jewelery and even clothing. If something is out of stock you have a way to get in contact with the creator/maker and see if they can make one specially for you. I've had a lot of amazing original pieces and jewelry from this site. I highly recommend it!

jessicab13
8/10/11

I have read some of the past reviews and I can only say that I'm lucky I haven't run into any disputes with sellers or buyers and haven't had to contact the Etsy staff for anything in my approximately 5 years or so of using it. HOWEVER, I did have words with one seller, who I was looking at the switchplates she decorated in her store (which I also had started making switchplates.. I was a beginner so I was looking around Etsy to see what techniques other people used to make theirs). ..I asked her what she used to seal her switchplates with. That's all. And she FLIPPED out on me...saying that she sees switchplates in m store and she knows I'm going to copy her, and shes reporting me to Etsy and all these horrible things.. So I basically tore her a new one, to put it nicely. She apologized because she realized what an ass&*$% she was being, and told me she was having a bad day. Whatever. But that's the only problem I ever had. Other than that, the sellers and buyers have been friendly. I love this site because it's so incredibly inspiring, I could spend hours looking through the stores and items...and spending way too much money on stuff! I sell also. It's just a really fun, really unique website. I couldn't do without it.

jeremiahc
7/19/11

My wife orders stuff here all the time, loves buying from other members and their community seems pretty good too.

hollyr1
7/9/11

I love etsy! I have purchased some of the most unique items from amazingly talented people. I'm not sure what is not to like.

kams1
7/5/11

A great place to get cheap handmade stuff, including artworks! I love it. I make purchases at least once a week.

derekp1
6/14/11

I can't believe there are only 37 reviews for Etsy when it's become such an integral part of online shopping. It's an amazing online marketplace for custom, unique goods; things you can't get anywhere else. It's especially cool for geeks who have really specialized interests. All my experiences with vendors have been quality. Highly recommend checking out Etsy.

whitneyt
5/25/11

I pride myself on being a great gift giver! etsy always has unique items that you aren't going to find just anywhere. I recently had a ton of close friends graduate law school and I found the best graduation gifts on etsy - from hand stamped collar stays and cuff links to custom stationary - great gifts and all at reasonable prices! I've been buying through etsy for a few years now and I've never had less than a stellar experience.

fifiy
5/15/11

This is an amazing site of handmade goods, clothing and art. The artists are friendly and the prices are wonderful. Its Paypal supported so that you really can't go wrong here. You can have conversations with the artists through Etsy. If you are looking for a unique gift this is the site to visit regardless of whether you have a small budget or a big one.Check it out and have funt!

lolar1
5/12/11

etsy.com is awesome i got a truely unique purse from one of their vendors from somewhere outta the u.s, when i first learned this i was a little apprehensive, but my money/ information was safe, i payed via paypal and the vendor was so helpful with answering all of my questions. Good experience with them overall.

kelleyk
3/7/11

I have bought tons of items from etsy.com- mostly with no problems. Any shipping (broken or missing items) issues have been resolve nicely with the sellers. Only one time I had to contact Etsy help on a seller that was not responding to my emails about an item I paid for and didnt receive (for months). Etsy helped resolve this issue with the seller and I received my items.

km10
2/27/11

Love all the wonderful handmade pottery on this site, and although I am a potter myself, I love buying and collecting other artists work. I made some absolutely phenomonal purchases, and at prices less than I would see at a local art fair. I am currently awaiting a large decorative centerpiece bowl I bought during the past week. It's like christmas all year long!

jemmm
12/1/10

I used Etsy for the first time last week. I made two purchases both of which were processed and shipped promptly. The Christmas cards I bought are adorable and I can't wait to send them out. Great quality. My body butter will arrive this week and I look forward to using it. When I had questions prior to the purchase, my questions were answered quickly and with the utmost courtesy. I plan to do my holiday shopping on Etsy in an effort to support small businesses. Please note that every seller is individual and unique so I could've just as easily had a crappy experience. If I did have bad customer service or shipping issues, I'd blame the seller not Etsy.

cheryls2
11/3/10

Great line of different products.. Great selection. Great shipping. Awesome

tiffanyp
10/26/10

Etsy is a wonderful world of home-made products that yourself (and others) can buy or sell.

Imagine a crafty ebay.... exactly!

It's safe to use (paypal), it lets you search by genre or by typing- but, you know, people will still overprice their items. Yet you can send them a message- most of them will let you haggle a little bit!

margretp
9/26/10

A friend of mine turned me on to Jeanette's Patisserie on Etsy. Their store is actually at http://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanettespatisserie and I gotta tell ya, their sandwich cookies are so freakin tasty I've converted to these healthier cookies... yes, finally healthy AND delicious cookies can now be purchased! They also have these brownies with real whiskey and ganache! Can you believe it! We ordered 2 of their Organic Chocolate Almond Bundt Cake's for our office party and in 2.5 seconds BOTH were gone... time to reorder...for myself!

winniew
9/2/10

Never had a bad experience. Bought a monster towel, child's bow tie, and some crafting goods. really good site for unique baby and childrens goods.

natn
8/29/10
niconal
5/15/10

I love this site. My family has ordered multiple items from this site. We have loved everything we've ordered and received great customer service from all sellers on this site. Would highly recommend :)

candym
4/10/10

love this site! I order items from them all the time. Unique handmade gifts!

scotts1
1/19/10

I don't really care much for the handcrafted jewelry-- but the woodworking is really good work. For anyone who is into carving and solid wood furniture they seem to have a nice selection. Rare these days for anyone to sell hand carved furniture with mass market Ikea everywhere destroying the market for wood carvers.

914 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

You don't. You can check feedback and hopefully it will be honest, not a fake review. personally, after what etsy did to me as a seller, I would NEVER shop there again! If they treat the seller like $#*!, they won't be nuch better for a buyer who has a problem. Frankly, they have become all about the money and don't give a fig about buyers or sellers! Its a shame, they used to be a good company. Guess going bigger wasn't better for them....but they have to pay for that new bldg in NYC somehow I guess.

By Bre g.

I would have to say no, with LOTS of exceptions. In the past few years Etsy has allowed business to claim handmade if it meets certain criteria. I often see many items that claim to be handmade but I have seen them on Alibaba being sold in bulk. That being said I look very closely and have purchased some wonderfu items from great sellers. The biggest problem with Etsy is that they no longer protect customers from fraud (they say they are not liable) but in doing that lots and lots or resellers and counterfeit items have saturated Etsy' s marketplace. I would never buy anything "vintage" there. What I have seen you are getting thrift store rejects or modern fake. Buyer beware! Investigate all vendors carefully!!

By Tracy Q.

I am agree with Ramina. 90% is not hand made . all comes from Factories . when someone has over 8000's item don't you ask who made it . They are all over from Pakistan to turkey east to west up united state . Etsy is happy just to take your money and every 4 or 5 months closing one store to show off and if you have some money as a credit they take it too . no customer service , no respect no manor , they made policy just for FUN and they have FUN with our pocket . stay far from them FAR FAR.

By Behzad G.

I agree with Steve J on this one. A lot of sellers on Etsy work from home in the evenings for extra money. Most of them are not big businesses with massive inventories so I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Give them a little more time and if they dont send it out then file a case with etsy

By Peeved O.

Business checking isn't necessary (the banks now charge a monthly fee for a small business checking). You can pretty much set up a regular checking account

By A S.

If you do, I would be cautious about ordering from international sellers, use a credit card in case you need to contest the charges, and do NOT expect ETSY do a thing if you get ripped off. They are useless and could care less once the sale is final.

By jean w.

I am no sure why this would be the case. I have only paid through paypal and have never been asked personal financial information beyond paypal. It is odd that you have experienced this issue. What personal financial information have you been asked to divulge?

By Nancy M.

The best and quickest thing to do is to email the seller and let them know that you would like to return for a refund.

By Shirley M.

Yes, it certainly is. I've also been selling for many years, never had a problem. Using PayPal is great if you ever should have a problem, as you're protected in the event of theft. If you were hacked somehow would be the only way it would be a concern for me, so I am careful about using good passwords and changing them often (Etsy password) I would not worry about the safety of Etsy direct at all.

By Jodi H.

Read the reviews!

By Richyl H.
Questions? Get answers from the Etsy staff and other customers.

Etsy?