Review of Etsy

2018 Customer choice award

1,143 reviews with 5 stars

trevorw31
5/30/17

I had recent dealings with Boki Skoro for some funny toilet signs.For some reason the parcel went missing in transit reasons known only to Aus post.Boki bent over backwards chasing the parcel till all avenues were exhausted and constantly keeping me up to date.Boki then sent me at no charge the same items of the original order.Some15 days after postage the 1st package arrived with no explanation for delay.Boki told me to give them to friends and I would not be charged for them.Wil repeat purchase and recommend.

katep46
5/28/17

I've had a great experience as a seller on Etsy (www.auberginefox.etsy.com) but also as a very long term customer. I've only had one negative shopping experience to date, and Etsy customer service sorted it out for me and I got my money back.

msp10
5/27/17

I've only order once from Etsy!! And the owner I've order from, had great reviews from other buyers. I've order a body brush/face brush from the owner, and which wasn't pricey at all! Both items came quickly and my items look like her displays. She also gave me a card to contact her with any issues, and a free sample of lavender shea butter! Oh it had such an lovely smell, couldn't do much with the sample, lol. I was able to use it on both elbows that's about it, but I'm planning to buy more from this seller soon. Never had any problems and I hope it stays that way, with any seller I'll purchase from in the near future! If not I'm coming to update my review, about my bad experience.

crystalb71
4/25/17

I love this site. And I love the idea of purchasing from the little guy, instead of a corporation. Some very talented sellers!

brucej40
4/22/17

Received my first order of treats from Katrina's Barkery, my Samantha really loved them. Will be ordering more.

shannona29
4/6/17

This site is a dream for people whom love handmade. I am disappointed that they now allow non handmade items.

judym108
4/5/17

I am a big fan of Etsy! They offer a huge variety of products. All of the items I have ordered from Etsy have outstanding. Everything was just as advertised and everything has been excellent! I am planning several other orders very soon!

gregorym40
3/30/17

I was nervous about purchasing jewelry on Etsy but my wife wanted a nature-inspired ring for our marraige renewal and our research kept bringing us back to Etsy and Segal Jewelry. The online display of his jewels looked really nice but we weren't sure if it would be as nice in person. It was far nicer in person! It is solid yet delicate, intense yet subtle. It is so unique and so special...my wife is over the moon! And to boot, it was supposed to take 4 weeks but arrived in 2. During the 2 week waiting period, the jeweler stayed in touch wth us, inquiring about our story. Through our communications, we shared that we planned to renew our vows so that our kids (6 & 9 years old) could be with us. When the ring arrived, the package included a highly personalized letter about love and how touched the jeweler was by our story and plan to include our children. My wife was touched at how personalized the entire experience had been and she says she feels that the ring was made with Segal's love. Thank you, Yaniv Segal!
#happywifehappylife

alexa1888
3/18/17

This is probably my favorite place to purchase interesting things on the net. There are lots of great home made items, vintage items sold by excellent sellers.

aliu3
3/15/17

I am extremely happy with the customer service and quick response with everything.
It was a pleasure to do business with Vanessa.

fionar15
3/14/17

I was looking for a bouquet with a Scottish twist and saw one by clovathistles. The box arrived and I was thrilled with the beautiful purple thistle and white rose end result. This was bound with purple modern tartan plaid which I will use as a theme. I will cherish my hand made bouquet for years. It looks so fresh and real. Catherine ensured that I got exactly what I wanted and even did buttonholes to match and a horseshoe gift. This was a very high quality different wedding spray which I am looking forward to carrying ( and keeping). Thank you clovathistles

Tip for consumers: email Catherine and tell her what you want as this is a bespoke service and she wants to do the very best she can to ensure the customer is truly happy.

laraw7
3/14/17

I am a seller and buyer on Etsy. I have never encountered any problems with sellers, and my customers are amazing.
I think to succeed you must invest time in your pictures for your previews, tags and titles for your items.
I can't emphasize that your preview pictures must be amazing. Please don't let one bad experience keep you away from Etsy. There are truly one of a kind items that you will only find from Etsy sellers.
The listing and selling fees are extremely affordable, and you are not locked into any long term contracts.

sharo1856
3/13/17

Sometimes I wonder if buyers realize that Etsy had individual sellers? Also, some complaining about sellers purchasing for exp items from Walmart for 12 bucks than sell said item for 45. Well how do you expect the seller to make profit??!!

reneew43
3/11/17

I had a great experience with a Custom T-shirt order shop owner was very kind, Great customer service. I love my t-shirts, just as I imagined.
They not only design t-shirts, Aprons, tote bags, Pet t-shirts and ballcaps.
www.etsy.com/naesbargainoutlet

kathleena30
3/3/17

great workmanship, looks great, lots of compliments from friends, will definitely butt more. great quality

sheilab62
2/25/17

I ordered the mechanics cake topper. It was at my door steps in a matter of days. Not only that this peice was exactly what I viewed on the site. Great quality. I would definitely use them again and again. I hope this will help someone. No need to wonder place your order without hesitation. Sheila from Brooklyn

kims227
2/22/17

Great products and fast shipping from most supplies shops. Don't let one bad experience keep you from shopping here..most sellers are conscientious and friendly as well as quick to respond to all inquiries.

chandrac3
2/22/17

I am both a buyer and seller on Etsy. I frequently make purchases on Etsy and have never had anything but great service. The one thing you have to remember about Etsy is that to address any customer issue you have to go back to the seller you bought from. There are over one million sellers on Etsy. Most of these are honest and hard working and provide a good product for the money. I run an honest business and desire that every buyer is thrilled with his or her purchase. If they are not I will refund their money as will most Etsy sellers.

scottb192
2/6/17

I use this site to find unique gifts for my Wife and get ideas for special occasions. Especially jewelry.

sharonc113
12/25/16

Ordered an address plague that turned out absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful work, great communication and timely arrival.
Thank you Ed!

rogere23
11/24/16

Ordered 4 Royal Albert cereal bowls Saturday arrived Wednesday. Well packaged, nothing fancy just well protected. Delighted with purchase and speed of transaction. Well done indeed.

henrys63
11/8/16

A fantastic site full of lots of talented people.
Same deal as ebay, check all seller reviews & contact sellers if needed.
Iv got many things from old computer games to homemade furniture.
Etsy also looks after its sellers so prices are generally lower than ebay.

elisak1
10/18/16

I ordered a few items at some shops via etsy. It were beautiful handmade products!
The shops where I bought something had all good reviews. My advise (I see a lot of bad reviews): read the reviews of the shops before you order something, and ask a question about the product. It can help you to get an idea about the attitude of the seller.

angelal71
10/15/16

I ordered a bracelet from Ellen and it arrived within 2 days. Not only am I pleased with the expedient delivery but the item itself is very tastefully designed and well made. I am very happy to wear this bracelet and will look to Ellen for future items. Thank You Ellen!

Angie

PS Also she sent a thank you card which is the mark of a professional.

dissatisfiedc8
9/23/16

So many creative shops and nice sellers

914 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Check the reviews, and Google the seller. Also, are the reviews written in good english? Does it seem fake? Check pictures from the buyers.

By Johanna v.

I would have to say no, with LOTS of exceptions. In the past few years Etsy has allowed business to claim handmade if it meets certain criteria. I often see many items that claim to be handmade but I have seen them on Alibaba being sold in bulk. That being said I look very closely and have purchased some wonderfu items from great sellers. The biggest problem with Etsy is that they no longer protect customers from fraud (they say they are not liable) but in doing that lots and lots or resellers and counterfeit items have saturated Etsy' s marketplace. I would never buy anything "vintage" there. What I have seen you are getting thrift store rejects or modern fake. Buyer beware! Investigate all vendors carefully!!

By Tracy Q.

I am agree with Ramina. 90% is not hand made . all comes from Factories . when someone has over 8000's item don't you ask who made it . They are all over from Pakistan to turkey east to west up united state . Etsy is happy just to take your money and every 4 or 5 months closing one store to show off and if you have some money as a credit they take it too . no customer service , no respect no manor , they made policy just for FUN and they have FUN with our pocket . stay far from them FAR FAR.

By Behzad G.

I agree with Steve J on this one. A lot of sellers on Etsy work from home in the evenings for extra money. Most of them are not big businesses with massive inventories so I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Give them a little more time and if they dont send it out then file a case with etsy

By Peeved O.

Business checking isn't necessary (the banks now charge a monthly fee for a small business checking). You can pretty much set up a regular checking account

By A S.

If you do, I would be cautious about ordering from international sellers, use a credit card in case you need to contest the charges, and do NOT expect ETSY do a thing if you get ripped off. They are useless and could care less once the sale is final.

By jean w.

I am no sure why this would be the case. I have only paid through paypal and have never been asked personal financial information beyond paypal. It is odd that you have experienced this issue. What personal financial information have you been asked to divulge?

By Nancy M.

The best and quickest thing to do is to email the seller and let them know that you would like to return for a refund.

By Shirley M.

Yes, it certainly is. I've also been selling for many years, never had a problem. Using PayPal is great if you ever should have a problem, as you're protected in the event of theft. If you were hacked somehow would be the only way it would be a concern for me, so I am careful about using good passwords and changing them often (Etsy password) I would not worry about the safety of Etsy direct at all.

By Jodi H.

Read the reviews!

By Richyl H.
Questions? Get answers from the Etsy staff and other customers.

Etsy?