Entertainment Book reviews

Tel: 17045050971

lauran123
2/20/19

Every year, they have less and less coupons. Also, the coupon values decrease. This year did it for me after 12 years of using this book, im done. If I want to use any coupons, my drive time will be 45 mins or more, one way. Really? These books are exclusive to the area u purchase them for, that's the point. Well, the canton book offers Cleveland, youngstown and Pennsylvania coupons almost entirely. Im not driving a 2-4 hour round trip for a bogo pizza. Im very disappointed. As I said, every year, its less and less. But this year was it, no more. Ill actually save more money if I DONT buy the book.

joeg60
1/5/19

I emailed them 4 times with not one response. They are selling books and taking your money and running. I have never had this happen. This is highway robbery.

davidw1321
12/23/18

So people say its a scam, I don't buy that. We used it in CA and for Papa Murphey's alone, it is pretty great with a 50% off coupon! Pretty much everything else was about the same as just having a coupon from the mail. You don't need to buy a new book for each area you are at. If you have the app it works where ever you are, which can be nice. If you travel a lot and eat out a lot, it works great. However, we moved to Utah and the website SAYS they have Papa Murphey's coupons in the area, but that was a load of garbage. I have checked thoroughly and there isn't anything for Papa Murphey's out here. There is hardly anything at all in my area. I wish they would be more upfront about what is actually available in your area BEFORE you buy it.

robind159
12/15/18

Don't buy an Entertainment Coupon Book from www.Entertainment.com. I bought this coupon book for several years, with no issues; usually cost between $20 - $30. Then, in 2018, they sent me an offer to buy the book for $7, so I jumped on it. Then, late in 2018, a $30 charge showed up on my credit card bill, so I called my credit card company, since I had no idea why they were charging me $30. I told the credit card company that I didn't authorize the $30 payment, so they suggested that I open a dispute, since Entertainment.com already got the $30. Opening a dispute gave my credit card company a way to refund the $30 to my account. After being jerked around for over 3 months (between Entertainment.com and my credit card company), it was finally settled. Turns out, Entertainment.com was assuming that since I paid the discounted price of $7 for the 2018 Entertainment Book, that I agreed to an Annual Renewal, WHICH I DID NOT DO. WARNING EVERYONE....DO NOT GET INVOLVED OR PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM WWW.ENTERTAINMENT.COM COUPON BOOK....THEY WILL OFFER YOU A DISCOUNTED BOOK PRICE AND THEN TRY TO MAKE YOU PAY EVERY YEAR FOR AN ANNUAL RENEWAL, WHICH IS VERY DIFFICULT TO GET OUT OF. BEWARE...BOYCOTT WWW.ENTERTAINMENT.COM. I'm just trying to protect other people to avoid 3 months of HE// by not getting stuck in a YEARLY ANNUAL RENEWAL. Cheers!

kateh138
12/1/18

I posted a 3 review earlier that I qualified by saying there were fewer coupons for my area. I've since realized there are more than I thought but put into its own section for Vancouver Island. Still, though, not as good as last year.

susanf308
11/30/18

The staff at Entertainment Book do not care about their customers. First, they do not offer a phone number. Second, many of their on-line coupons do not print. Third, the so called customer service staff do not respond to their customers requests in a timely manner.

laurencew15
11/18/18

Once they take your credit card number they auto renew every year. I have been scammed and did not know it until my credit card flashed an email that a charged had been placed.Yes I had purchased it the year before and was in an automatic renewal until 2099!!!! Its a shell game that is criminal !!. Try and get a refund you have to do it 5 days before this renewal date . The year I had it was pathetic the list of restaurants used 3 times . What a rip off!

kimk219
11/1/18

Automatically takes payments every year! It's not worth the hassle to try to quit. Once they've got your credit card info you're hooked! Even changed my credit card and my bank let's them automatically take payments without new expiry date and new 3 digit code. They are Scotiabank's customer too and believe me entertainment.com and Scotiabank are both making tons of money from their "valued" customers! It's a legal scam!!!

kylem204
10/15/18

The guide came and this year they have incorporated my region with a much bigger region near by. so we get the same size book as regular, but it only has maybe 40 businesses from my entire Large Island covering an area that takes a whole day to drive across and the other 95% of the book is for a city that is about an hours trip away by boat. this ENTERTAINMENT BOOK is next to useless for the 765,000 people who live on this island and is only of use to those millions living on the mainland. why have they changed the book this year and why was that not advertised with or too the multitude of school groups that sold it as a fundraiser.
Kyle Mitchell

michelley43
9/24/18

Horrible customer service, Charge me for a membership without any warning, then Claimed they sent me a message. But they sent me a message to the wrong email. (Even though it was correct on my account) Over drafted my account. In which I had to pay the fees but Refused to refund me the $19.99 back they took.

terrih83
7/25/18

Do Not order their crappy coupon book. I ordered a $10 book and now they keep taking money out of my bank account that i did not sign up for. No one answers the phones. RUNNN!!!!!

leaht4
6/19/18

I cannot believe I wasted my time trying to purchase a cruise through this site, only for them to deny me my cash back. I made a purchase back in December of 2017 through ebates when they were offering a 37% cash back. I distinctly remember logging on to my ebates account and going to entertainment.com/cruises to make this purchase. Now, months later when I am trying to retrieve my cash back, they magically claim that my order number was invalid and cannot track my cash back. These people are unprofessional and dishonest. Ebates tried to communicate with them and entertainment refuses to even acknowledge any fault or look into the matter any further. I have emailed them to recheck their systems but I doubt anything will come of it. If you chose to make any large purchases through this site, beware. They will lie and claim that your confirmation number is invalid and your cash back will not be honored. I canceled my membership and will never recommend them to anyone.

heatherd108
4/7/18

They will charge you without notifying they are charging you!!!! they suck - even if you cancel they won't refund your money.

pato38
3/29/18

These people are 'crooks'! They are supposed to email you in advance of 'auto-charging your credit card'. How convenient is it that I didn't get that email but I did get the form emails after I wrote them about the $19.99 charge on my credit card...will not now go into effect until next year! Such BS.. and their coupons are worthless, I can get better coupons for the restaurants, places etc. for FREE online why would I pay $19.99 for worthless coupons!

donnah169
3/7/18

Just got charged for an auto-renewal that I didn't know I'd signed up for. When I asked to cancel it, the cancelation doesn't go into effect until the end of the current year's subscription (2/2019), It isn't that we won't use it enough to recoup the $19.99, but it is unfortunate that my husband had just done a Living Social Deal to get the Entertainment Book for this year. We are also having issues with multiple restaurants being closed. Always call ahead.

Tip for consumers: You won't lose money if you are diligent but it isn't as good as it used to be.

heleno35
12/18/17

Years ago - at least five, by my memory - we used to advertise in this book by offering three coupons. We ceased doing so because the $495 a year that we paid did not get offset by a significant increase in business.

Today, and several times a year, we were presented with yet another coupon that we did not authorize! In fact, even the logo on the ad was old! We are forced to honor these coupons which our pricing structure can no longer support, or we look like dishonest businesses. This is an unconscionable way to do business. We are an honest, ethical, small retail business. We cannot afford to turn away one of these unauthorized coupons or we risk a negative review on Yelp or some other sort of retribution. I seriously don't understand why this company hasn't been shut down. I'm about to contact the Ohio Attorney General about this, as they are the second company I've had to deal with today cheating me. Shame on them!

Tip for consumers: If you are a merchant, post a sign saying you didn't authorize the ads in the Entertainment Book. Warn your customers up front so they don't take it out on you when they go to check out and you turn their coupon away. Small businesses treasure their reputations, and being in bed with Entertainment Book is bad for business and my reputation.

rickj60
10/16/17

Bought one a the door from school kids
Tried my first one at KFC.
Sorry they say , we don't take that.
No indication on coupon of "participating locations.'

mattp83
9/8/17

We are almost full and have not placed any ads online or in a coupon book in over 6 years. Just had a customer walk in with coupons with a special with our company logo, address, and phone number and it does not expire until 12/2018. What is this??? Even worst there is no phone number to call the company. We had to search and search all over the internet to find out who put this ad out and once we did we had to email them. Still waiting for a response. This is illegal and WRONG!!!!

victorial61
8/27/17

I ordered Entertainment books for two different areas while they were marked down on the website. Two days later, I submitted an email, informing them that I did not want to automatically renew my membership for the following year. A few months later, they mailed a new book and charged my credit card $30.00. At this point it is important to note that it is impossible to talk to anyone at Entertainment on the phone. In an email, they claimed that I had not cancelled my renewal, and that it would cost $8.00 to return the book they had already sent, which you have to do within 30 days of receipt in order to receive a refund. I did so with plenty of time to spare; however, no representative of the company has shown up at the Grove City, OH post office to collect the book. According to the USPS, there are "hundreds" of books awaiting pick-up. I mailed the book to arrive in two days on 7-31-17. It is now 8-27-17, and there is no record of delivery. See where this going? I'm out almost $40. My advice: If you want to save money, find another way. Entertainment is totally untrustworthy.

williamb309
8/15/17

They had made it difficult to get them by phone in the recent past but I was always able to eventually find a number a get someone. Now you just plain cannot! That is why they are a shady company in my opinion now. They will charge your card yet if you call the number on your bank statement (which was always a great way to reference a charge btw) it is a recording that says go to their website. I have now had to attempt a dispute on my credit card (only the 2nd time in my life, I am 51) and when I tried to follow their instructions to go online to return the book I am having no luck entering the information to start the return process. The worst is through all this waste of time and mess I still cannot just pick up the phone and call someone and clear this up. I will no longer give any business to entertainment book. They have lost a long time customer. I see now why the book has gotten so small and thin.

lloyds28
8/14/17

I ordered the entertainment guide a few years ago and I am not happy with my subscription. These books were at least 2x the size they are now and I just want my money back. I got an email that asked for me to confirm my address or the subscription would be cancelled and now I have been charged for it again. I want my money back Entertainment group and if I dont receive it I will be seeking legal advice.

ginau1
7/19/17

Renewed without asking me- just took money out of my account, money I didn't have to spend. $70.00 for 2 books, when I can get these books for 1/2 price around Christmas. This is terrible the company can do something like this to you. They claim when I ordered I clicked on some annual renew thing but I don't recall doing that. You can't call and talk to anyone, you can only email and they are stand messages they are sending to you. When ordering these books sign in as a guest, do not sign up as a member, that's how they get you.. DO NOT SET UP AN ACCOUNT WITH THESE PEOPLE.

pmd1
7/14/17

Yet another company that crams so much into the page that you can barely see what you're agreeing to until new books arrive at top price.

Don't try to call them. They do not post phone numbers. You have to email and will get back a form response that everyone gets.

All saying that you did this and that. (Basically saying, "we got you again")

I always thought these books were a good idea but cheating your customers is never a good idea. I will not let this one go. Done being deceived.

Time to involve commercial monitoring agencies.

bradleyw31
6/12/17

Will never pay $60 for this book again. Complete waste of money!
Wish I could send it back and get a refund but lesson learned I guess.
Bradley Witham

unhappyr1
5/17/17

They promise new customers, who will turn into regular customers but the majority only shop the book for discount meals. All in all regular advertising is far cheaper

can you please answer my questions from Patricia Saunders. What info do you need to cancel auto renewal?

By Patricia S.

Questions? Get answers from the Entertainment Book staff and other customers.

Entertainment Book?