DPD Local Online

DPD Local Online has a consumer rating of 1.67 stars from 6 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. DPD Local Online ranks 151st among Shipping sites.

How would you rate DPD Local Online?

“Excellent delivery company”

Misha S.
9/2/19

Been using dpd local online for years. They very rarely miss a collection or delivery. Using them is much less hassel than the super economy delivery companies

“Appalling service - lose your parcel then make claim almost impossible”

Kelleher G.
7/13/20

Absolutely appalling service. Bad enough that they lose the parcel but the process of claiming it involved them saying "provide this" and then after I provided it they simply reply "provide this" again. And Again. 6 times so far. They basically dont want to pay out for their shoddy service

kelleherg
July 13th, 2020
monikaj15
September 17th, 2020
I booked a parcel with drop off but QR code was not generated so it will not be accepted by the drop off point. There is no number for DPD that I can call. I had 2 parcels that were supposed to be picked up on Tuesday, no one showed up or gave me a call; it was re-booked for today (by P2G) - no one showed up again. I cancelled that order through P2G and ordered directly through DPD website. Code was generated for one parcel but not for the second one. Now I have NO OPTION to switch to printing the label at home or to regenerate the QR code. None of the numbers for your customer service is working, I've been trying to get through since yesterday. The online chat is not working. Nothing is working - just the payment system to send money to DPD for the service that I failed to receive 3 times now!
THIS IS THE WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE.
I PMd you the reference number. Once this issue with the QR code is sorted, I would like to make a formal complaint - please provide me with the details on how I can do this. This is unacceptable and there is no excuse to failing the customer 3 times with the same parcel!
neravm
December 2nd, 2019
These people are quite happy to charge you for services they didn't provide. Try and get a refund is almost impossible with this faceless organisation.
Note that this website is run by parcel2go and DPD have nothing to do with them.
nunoc15
October 2nd, 2020
2 "Lost Packages"

I work with DPD Local for years, and so far never had a single issue. However within one month, I gost 2 lost packages, which one of them is still being "investigated" (which we know how it´s gonna to end).
I send a package (DPD4198325) with 4Kg(!), big size, easy to identify as is full of red tape, from London UK to Portugal. After some time of being in the deposit, I´ve asked them what was the reason of the delay and it started the red flag. They said that weren´t sure where it was or even if it left UK (wow).
The package was sent without insurance and package value was marked with £250.
However I missed to count some of the items which Value was worth it of £600.
I´m not even counting the fustration/desperation it caused me, the ammount of work and customers I´ve lost from it. The loss of loosing that package is priceless.
After almost 2 months of headaches and lost time contacting them, they said that the package was "lost".
They request all the invoices of the content, with dates and receipient, and all the items were the same type (which obviously I couldn´t fake).
After few time they said that they could only refund £50 (which if they knew this in advance, why asking for all the invoices of items, making me search and print everything to provide the "standard" refund?
Is a fact I could select insurance, but 3 things made me not selecting it,
- I was working with them for years without any problems (I used to use insurance before)
- The terms & conditions of the insurance almost don´t cover anything, even personal belongings? It seems insurance was only made to cover themselves
- I assumed they were a reliable company.
The people I spoke with were all nice to speak with, but none will help you out in nothing, make no mistake!
I even got someone saying "you should select the protection when booking", that is correct, which I answered "you may be right, but I didn´t select "disappear package" option either".
I can see now from other user feedbacks that this is a common practice, which makes me wonder that working there must be a dream job making disappear non insured packages and even receiving a salary in the end of the month.
For them, as a company, it´s better to lose a regular customer throwing him a £50 bone, then stoping to make disappear packages.
I hope this experience will get to you that is thinking to use this company "magic tricks services".
I´m genuinely thinking to apply to work there, as it´s amazing to be rewarded monthly making packages vanishing without consequences.
My last hope is that the second package will not get the same result as this one, but as I can see from other experiences, this one will end in a Circus Show also.
mishas8
September 2nd, 2019
md513
October 26th, 2020
I have used DPD local online for years. Probably some time last year the depot moved to Exeter. I had a missed collection with no explanation 3 months ago. Had a delivery via them more recently so it's not as if they don't know where I live.
Tried to send a parcel on Friday. The driver "Couldn't connect" whatever that means and collection not made. After long online chat re-booked for today (Monday). Same fiasco all over again. The online chat operators are helpful but powerless. They know as much about the status of the van/driver as the customer does: i. E. Zero
As you have to book online and register a mobile number it seems that the thing the driver is unable to connect to is his phone. Absolutely useless. Will not be using them again.

Questions? Get answers from the DPD Local Online staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DPD Local Online?

Have a question about DPD Local Online?