DPD Local Online

DPD Local Online has a consumer rating of 1.29 stars from 14 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about DPD Local Online most frequently mention customer service problems. DPD Local Online ranks 198th among Shipping sites.

How would you rate DPD Local Online?

“Excellent delivery company”

Misha S.
9/2/19

Been using dpd local online for years. They very rarely miss a collection or delivery. Using them is much less hassel than the super economy delivery companies

“Great DPD online... If you want lost it...”

Ernie K.
12/28/20

Bought a laptop on ebay. Poor guy sent it by this peace of art company. Guess what - it had stuck on collected from pickup shop... 20 days already - no item, no money back, no refund, no investigation outcome. If you want similar experience - you are welcome to join this great company. Just go to dpd online and you're one item less. Great!

erniek18
December 28th, 2020

Tip for consumers:
Please stay away. Or at least pay for extra full insurance for your item.

None, - item lost

williamc2026
December 4th, 2020

I paid for next day delivery, it did not arrive, in fact they are saying it as not been collected from my home, this is alie, it was collected, then they say it was delivered and sighed for, the receiving address say they have not got it, rubbish Customer service, can't speak to anyone on the phone, totally disgusting company, I have got no where them. Stay clear.

kelleherg
July 13th, 2020

Absolutely appalling service. Bad enough that they lose the parcel but the process of claiming it involved them saying "provide this" and then after I provided it they simply reply "provide this" again. And Again. 6 times so far. They basically dont want to pay out for their shoddy service

riyasm1
February 4th, 2021
Verified purchase

Bad service ever never use this service they are so rude
It's a scam.
Many people know this already

Never use this is scam

Gate opener

jerzyj2
February 23rd, 2021

Never choose this company local dpd Northampton. They are scammers and thieves. Parcels are delivered to different addresses and are stolen. There is no assistance from local dpd Northampton. Important parcels that people are waiting for are lost. Local dpd northampton knows about the problem and does nothing about it, allowing its driver to cheat and steal

kieral7
February 12th, 2021

Proof on system driver has not even dared to attempt to deliver after tracking parcel live and and watching through window as important parcel and photo shows he has not been to my door, depot has chosen not to correct the drivers issue and driver has not been able to be reached. Terrible and disgusting service from the Basildon depot and it's drivers if your a sender would not recommend using DPD local as your customer will have the worst service and will reflect your brand. DO NOT USE!

md513
October 26th, 2020

I have used DPD local online for years. Probably some time last year the depot moved to Exeter. I had a missed collection with no explanation 3 months ago. Had a delivery via them more recently so it's not as if they don't know where I live.
Tried to send a parcel on Friday. The driver "Couldn't connect" whatever that means and collection not made. After long online chat re-booked for today (Monday). Same fiasco all over again. The online chat operators are helpful but powerless. They know as much about the status of the van/driver as the customer does: i. E. Zero
As you have to book online and register a mobile number it seems that the thing the driver is unable to connect to is his phone. Absolutely useless. Will not be using them again.

mishas8
September 2nd, 2019

bhavishl
January 20th, 2021
Verified purchase

Since the beginning of October 2020 this company has lead me on one of the most frustrating, elongated and hellish customer experiences I have ever found my self in. Their customer service platforms filled with people who just process complaints and you may as well be speaking with an automated service as they just follow the script, leaving you to repeat over and over again as you are passed from customer service rep to rep. We are in Jan 2021 and I still don't have my packages, a full refund or any clear answers to what is going on. The best I was offered is an empty apology and a £10 credit. I'm at the point now, where I just want my packages back and can close this most horrible experience behind me. Never again will I use this company, save yourselves and stay clear.

I did get back in touch with you, Steph and did not get a response. So I contacted the online support, again, and was passed around between multiple reps. Some abruptly left the chat in the middle of discussions, in which case I was passed to someone new whom I had to repeat and explain the ordeal over again. It seems my packages have been lost a 3rd time and now I need to provide evidence that I did not receive them, not sure how that works. It's not like I have anything better to do, let's say a full time job and family, than endlessly speak with you lot.

Update 20th Jan 2021: I have been told that my packages are lost due to the nature of the business. I was asked to provide proof of purchase and value of the items. I cannot provide this as these packages are monitors from my work place. Apparently there is nothing DPD local online can do if I cannot provide these documents. So in the end I am out of pocket on the delivery as well as the monitors which I need to reimburse my company for. Thanks dpdlocal truly you are the worst amongst the worst.

Tip for consumers:
Please do not use dpdlocal online, based on my experience you will end up regretting it and loosing alot of money.

jenniferb2039
December 14th, 2020

DPD collected my parcel on 23rd November. It stopped tracking there. I called customer service several times, who initially confirmed it "may be lost". I haven't had an update for 3 weeks. Any time I call they can't find the parcel number, reference or enquiry number on their system, which is their own number provided by them, funny enough. This shows just how organised they are. I go through an hour of a painstaking process for them to find the tracking on the system, just for them to let me know that they have no idea what has happened to the parcel.
They haven't owned up on it either. Parcel protection? It's a laugh. I haven't received any compensation yet. They seem to just let their customers wait until they have forgotten about their 300 pounds.
I cannot warn you enough of this company.
My enquiry number is DPD4609677

monikaj15
September 17th, 2020

I booked a parcel with drop off but QR code was not generated so it will not be accepted by the drop off point. There is no number for DPD that I can call. I had 2 parcels that were supposed to be picked up on Tuesday, no one showed up or gave me a call; it was re-booked for today (by P2G) - no one showed up again. I cancelled that order through P2G and ordered directly through DPD website. Code was generated for one parcel but not for the second one. Now I have NO OPTION to switch to printing the label at home or to regenerate the QR code. None of the numbers for your customer service is working, I've been trying to get through since yesterday. The online chat is not working. Nothing is working - just the payment system to send money to DPD for the service that I failed to receive 3 times now!
THIS IS THE WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE.
I PMd you the reference number. Once this issue with the QR code is sorted, I would like to make a formal complaint - please provide me with the details on how I can do this. This is unacceptable and there is no excuse to failing the customer 3 times with the same parcel!

neravm
December 2nd, 2019

These people are quite happy to charge you for services they didn't provide. Try and get a refund is almost impossible with this faceless organisation.
Note that this website is run by parcel2go and DPD have nothing to do with them.

nunoc15
October 2nd, 2020

2 "Lost Packages"

I work with DPD Local for years, and so far never had a single issue. However within one month, I gost 2 lost packages, which one of them is still being "investigated" (which we know how it´s gonna to end).
I send a package (DPD4198325) with 4Kg(!), big size, easy to identify as is full of red tape, from London UK to Portugal. After some time of being in the deposit, I´ve asked them what was the reason of the delay and it started the red flag. They said that weren´t sure where it was or even if it left UK (wow).
The package was sent without insurance and package value was marked with £250.
However I missed to count some of the items which Value was worth it of £600.
I´m not even counting the fustration/desperation it caused me, the ammount of work and customers I´ve lost from it. The loss of loosing that package is priceless.
After almost 2 months of headaches and lost time contacting them, they said that the package was "lost".
They request all the invoices of the content, with dates and receipient, and all the items were the same type (which obviously I couldn´t fake).
After few time they said that they could only refund £50 (which if they knew this in advance, why asking for all the invoices of items, making me search and print everything to provide the "standard" refund?
Is a fact I could select insurance, but 3 things made me not selecting it,
- I was working with them for years without any problems (I used to use insurance before)
- The terms & conditions of the insurance almost don´t cover anything, even personal belongings? It seems insurance was only made to cover themselves
- I assumed they were a reliable company.
The people I spoke with were all nice to speak with, but none will help you out in nothing, make no mistake!
I even got someone saying "you should select the protection when booking", that is correct, which I answered "you may be right, but I didn´t select "disappear package" option either".
I can see now from other user feedbacks that this is a common practice, which makes me wonder that working there must be a dream job making disappear non insured packages and even receiving a salary in the end of the month.
For them, as a company, it´s better to lose a regular customer throwing him a £50 bone, then stoping to make disappear packages.
I hope this experience will get to you that is thinking to use this company "magic tricks services".
I´m genuinely thinking to apply to work there, as it´s amazing to be rewarded monthly making packages vanishing without consequences.
My last hope is that the second package will not get the same result as this one, but as I can see from other experiences, this one will end in a Circus Show also.

richardo856
March 1st, 2021
• Updated review

DPDlocal-online are not a registered company. Check with companies house. It is actually just a web site administered and run by parcel2go. DPDlocal-online are only contactable through an online chat system. You will wait over an hour to get to chat to someone. Once you get connected to a chat moron it is a complete lottery as to whether they try to assist of simply terminate the chat and put you back in the queue. If you contact parcel2go they will deny that DPDlocal-online has anything to do with them. However if you unfortunately book a parcel through DPDlocal-online you will see that the terms state(in very small print). Payments are collected by parcel2go.com. Contract is with parcel2go.com. There is something illegal going on here and I am now taking legal action against parcel2go.com for the theft of my parcel. Do not under any circumstances use DPDlocal-online or parcel2go.com.

Stay clear

Courier

Liars and low lifes.
February 12th, 2021
• Previous review

Do not go anywhere near this company. They are deceitful. Lost my parcel and after I raised a claim they refuse to contact me or answer my enquiries.

Tip for consumers:
Stay clear. No way to contzct them.

Courier servive

Light company, on the web sites, looks good but utter rubish

By William C.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the DPD Local Online staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DPD Local Online?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

1.3
Have a question about DPD Local Online?