Direct Vacuums

Direct Vacuums has a consumer rating of 1.33 stars from 12 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Direct Vacuums also ranks 23rd among Vacuums sites. The most common issues with Direct Vacuums are around returns, which are more complicated than expected by some customers.

How would you rate Direct Vacuums?

“brilliant .”

Sandra S.
10/25/19

Can't fault this company. Did not like First one ,too heavy for me .my fault for ordering it. No trouble sending it back. Ordered another. Plain sailing ,with no argument. Customer services brilliant Sandra Sutton

“Hoover”

Christine B.
2/14/20

Ordered a upright hoover from vacuum direct, have tried calling them but just says you will be answered when someone is available and then the phone cuts off. Have sent god knows how many emails and had no response to them. I really don't understand how this company is still allowed to be trading. I am very angry

christineb643
February 14th, 2020
samantaz1
February 20th, 2020
Absolute joke of a company, took them a month to reply to 3 of my emails, they kept the hoover for over 2 weeks for repairs stating they don't have a new one to then send a new one out, when I demanded the money back they have said I have gone over the 28 days well I'm not surprised if all they do is ignore people, then I got promised a tracking number to the new hoover never got anything send, customer service is a joke, they don't care, don't buy anything from there as its more stress than what it's worth
nealw27
January 19th, 2020
I purchased a New Vax Platinum from here. I received a used scratched dirty machine. Seller and I both agreed a partial refund and I keep the item. Never received the refund, so I returned the item for a full refund. No refund was given and eBay had to intervein and issue a full refund. For a limited company with no support, none existent customer service who never answer the phone, I would certainly avoid the massive headache. After reading many other reviews I don't think they sell new products just used/refurbished items which they try to sell as new. My advice is to spend the extra cash and buy new and to avoid this company at all costs.
jonathanb569
January 27th, 2020
Vac ordered, paid for and delvd. All fine. Two days later fake invoice appears with incorrect Ebay order number. Ebay and Paypal show no record of this sale but Direct Vacuums insist I ordered it. Customer Relations have all the tact and skill of an adrenaline snorting bull in a china shop, refuse to admit it is clearly fake and insist I ordered it.
rachell607
February 21st, 2020
Bought a Logic microwave in October 2019. I was pleased it the item but on cleaning it, I noticed sever parts on the inside of the door, had melted. I contacted Direct Vacuums who told me to return the microwave'. It weighed 17K! Getting nowhere, I contacted Trading Standards who told me that it was the responsibility of DV to uplift the item for replacement under the terms on the Consumer Trading Act 2015. Well DV are a law unto themselves and rather than being left with the microwave, I had no alternative but to return it to them at my expense. On enquiring about the replacement, I was told that my microwave was a "refurbished" item not covered by the 2015 Act. NO it wasn't. It was NOT a refurbished item. This was a DANGEROUS situation. Waiting for the replacement but a lesson learned NEVER BUY FROM DIRECT VACUUMS AGAIN and tell others the same.
owenm85
December 13th, 2019
Missed delivery. Item returned to them. No refund. Have emailed multiple time with no response. If you try and call it cuts you off. Having to go through credit card company to get refund. Worst online company I have ever used. Wouldn't recommend or use again.
msg67
October 5th, 2019
Do NOT buy from this so called company!! How it is still legally trading is beyond me!! I paid a small fortune for a steam mop, only to receive the cheapest standard already used one!! Customer services do NOT exist, it's all a complete con!! I have contacted trading standards!!
helf
February 27th, 2019
Absolute joke of a company, I ordered a new hoover from them they sent the wrong model which was used. I had to take various photos and send rediclous amounts of emails to return. They then sent another hoover which I told them I didn't want due to the many problems I had trying to return to first one. Couldn't stop laughing at what they had sent me, as this one was two different models of different colours cobbled together to make one unit and it was dirty and used. 55 email later I had open a case with pay Pal to get my money back. Do not buy anything from this company it's not worth the grief!!!!!!!!
sandras627
October 25th, 2019
linas52
January 20th, 2020
Awful service from start to finish. They are selling items that they (knowingly) don't have in stock then sending what they want to the customer and hoping they will keep it anyway! e.g https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vax-S85-SF-R-Steam-Fresh-Reach-Multifunction-Steam-Cleaner-Handheld-Mop-RRP-149-/*******686?hash=item2159ad0b96 Is not available but is still being advertised. Will be complaining to ebay about this. Sent two incorrect models to me in the hope that i will just keep it and left me with two large packages to take to a DPD point , a 10 minute chat over the phone, 7 email exchanges confirming that don't have that model and that's why its not been sent. They didn't think to check if i might accept that alternative model first just send it to me in the hope i can not be bothered to go through their laborious refund process. No apology, no compensation for my troubles throughout the process and a chance that i will get a refund (lady says she will get my refund "approved"). JOKE OF A COMPANY
faisalm8
November 13th, 2017
Paid money to the direct-vaccums for new cleaner, they sent me machine full of rubbish from old customer.

When i made complaint, they asked me to send cleaner back for replacement for new one, as it was mistake on their part. They provided return label, asked to drop the item to local DPD courier, I have sent item 2 weeks ago.

Meanwhile replacement item should be with me within 2 days, its been 3 weeks no item.

Direct-vaccums keep saying Yodal have issue with their system and your item is in post.

I have rang Yodal 2 time's and Yodal have confirmed that they have no issue with their system, also they do not have any item to be delivered to my post code.

Now I have made claim with PayPal.

Direct-vaccums are fraudster one man shop keep sending you message with different names pretending to be very big company in reality they are fraudsters.

Stay well away from this person as he will take your hard earn money and you lucky might end up with someone's use dirty full of rubbish hoover.....
shahzadk4
December 6th, 2018
GM!

This is absolutely a ridiculous customer support and I feel I have been cheated. I wish I had gone through google reviews before I made my purchase.

I made my purchase on 14th November. On 24th November I expressed my disappointment and requested for RMA. I didn't receive any reply from them. On 28th November, and sent a reminder again for RMA. I was asked by the customer support on 29th November to provide serial number. It was shared the same day.

I received my RMA on 4th December and the vacuum was returned to them on the same day for refund.

And now I received message that directvacums is getting it delivered back to me. This is nonsense and unfair. It's clearly mentioned in their policies (https://www.directvacuums.co.uk/returns) that it can be returned without any quibbles in first 14 days. Now how can they expect me to return without RMA ?

I would not buy from this service again. I was hoping to recommend this service to my colleagues in the hospital. Now, I would definitely not recommend this for sure.

Sent by Dr Khan

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Direct Vacuums staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Direct Vacuums?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.3
Have a question about Direct Vacuums?