Review of iRobot

Tel: 800.727.9077
web@irobot.com

mc221
2/11/19

We bought the model 890 iRobot autonomous robotic vacuum after we witnessed this vacuum in action at a family members house. This vacuum is a practical tool that will actually clean floors on a single level. Our family members use the programmable options to schedule cleaning, whereas, we manually send the vacuum to different rooms. It picks up all dust and crumbs and easily transitions from a wood floor, to a carpeted floor, to and it a tile floor. Included is a sensor that should be positioned by lower level stairs to prevent it from falling. It navigates around and through chairs. It picks up the fuzzy stuff in the carpet where the trim and carpet meet; this is a work saver. We do have to periodically remove strings and fibers from the brushes underneath the iRobot. This company has an interesting history

raneea
Ranee A.
1/20/19

Got one as a present a few months ago. I'm enjoying it. It works better than my regular vacuum. Wish they'd create one for stairs, curtains and furniture. Could you please add some sensor to recognize animal poop, spilled liquid messes, thin cords and other such things? Cat's like watching and stalking it. Haven't quite gotten them to ride it yet though. Replacement parts are a bit pricey but it's cheaper than purchasing a new one.
______________________
After using it for a month I find it gets it self stuck in odd areas. It gets stuck in a corner and if the rim to a piece of furniture is less than 6" off the ground it will try to walk it's way up it and get stuck. We've had to fish it out from under furniture a lot because it couldn't make it back to the charging station. It does about as well as a real vacuum and cuts down on the busy work. It doesn't pick up all the cat hair but some times drags it around and leaves it in little clumps here and there. It should return to post at 10% low battery but will often push it to 2% and not always make it back in time. It can not distinguish it's charging station and will often push it around and be unable to return to it when done because it's moved it half way across the room. If it isn't pushed flush to the wall it will do this and drag the cords around with it. I wonder if there's a way I can change this so it always makes it back? I generally will not run it when I'm not here due to the fact it some times gets it self stuck oddly on furniture it tries to climb. Instead of bouncing off of it, it starts to angle it self and work its way up it. If you have any thing with a ramp like surface (say a pile) it will try to work its way on top of it and get stuck because it can't bounce off of it. It can not distinguish wet messes and will run through them thus dragging the mess through the whole house. It does the same with pet "presents" they leave behind furniture. It can't distinguish the difference and just rolls right over them. It needs a wet sensor to avoid this. The sensor posts work great but I always worry one day the batteries will go out and it will go into an area of the house it shouldn't and get stuck or knock over something it shouldn't.

ronk47
11/14/16

This junk is available online and in stores. If I were a business owner I would never carry this "thing" in my inventory. It does work on perfectly smooth floors. Area rugs with any height other than being REALLY THIN totally defeat it. It either goes around or gets stuck. My machine "died" in two days and the battery wouldn't take a charge again. I was so disgusted I smashed it and threw it in the trash where it belongs. Caveat emptor!!

cades1
5/5/11

Technology just keep getting better. I have both the roomba and scooba. One vacuums, and the other washes the floors. They make cleaning so much easier. I would definitely recommend checking out this website.

Questions? Get answers from the iRobot staff and other customers.

iRobot?